Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #401
henry296
College Starter

How often do you make comments on the opposition manager or Dangerman? And do you find it valuable? Any tips on the right time to do it?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #402
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I always feel like you want to put pressure on weaker-willed players on other teams and avoid doing it to your own players if your squad isn't very determined.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #403
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I still feel like my PLA isn't quite finished, and I think I want to add another Cup.

Any ideas of a cool friendly cup competition I can throw in? Right now I'm thinking of a cup with the US, Canada, and Mexico - big group stage to start, then a standard knockout format until the end.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #404
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Waiting for the PSP version to be available on the PS Store. Have a trip and I'm leaving Wednesday. I'd sure love to have that loaded up by then.

Will it be part of the Thursday release window on PSN? If so, I may opt for that over the boxed version. Still haven't found a good place to purchase that.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #405
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Will it be part of the Thursday release window on PSN? If so, I may opt for that over the boxed version. Still haven't found a good place to purchase that.

From what I understand, it's exclusive to Amazon. If it were as simple as going to Wal-Mart tomorrow I'd get the boxed copy.

I'm guessing it will be Thursday which means I'll have to try to d/l with my psp on the road. I've had very limited success with that.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #406
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

I've been chasing regarding the dates for the PSN download (as the SEGA announcement indicated it'd be out already) - it looks like its been delayed somewhat but I don't have an ETA to release at present I'm afraid.

(and if it helps I'm waiting (im)patiently for this myself)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 11-03-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #407
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I've been chasing regarding the dates for the PSN download (as the SEGA announcement indicated it'd be out already) - it looks like its been delayed somewhat but I don't have an ETA to release at present I'm afraid.

(and if it helps I'm waiting (im)patiently for this myself)

Any idea on download size? I need to go get a new memory stick.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #408
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I still feel like my PLA isn't quite finished, and I think I want to add another Cup.

Any ideas of a cool friendly cup competition I can throw in? Right now I'm thinking of a cup with the US, Canada, and Mexico - big group stage to start, then a standard knockout format until the end.

I plan on trying the PLA with this version but haven't played it before so I guess I have no opinion for you but felt the need to post anyway. I don't know why I do that.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #409
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Just knowing you care is all that matters

<3 <3 <3
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #410
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I might have to give the PLA a run out this time round.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #411
RainMaker
General Manager

What is PLA? .

Does home field advantage play a role in games? I was going through qualifying as the US and didn't seem to notice a difference in home/away games. Maybe it factors in that the US doesn't have the best crowds compared to other nations.

Also having a ton of fun with the game. Just starting as a manager for the US national team to get my feet wet and learn the in-game stuff (formations, tactics, pep talks, etc). Will probably play through the World Cup before getting serious into a new one with a non-national team. I already want to punch Clint Dempsey in the face for making a dumb play against Mexico. Was also reprimanded by the FA for bitching about the refs.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #412
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

PLA is a (imaginary) Premier League of America.

Home field advantage is pretty huge. Most teams will play more attacking at home, more defensive on the road.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #413
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I already want to punch Clint Dempsey in the face for making a dumb play...

See how much this game mirrors real life?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #414
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quick question about some e-mail interactions. In the 08 version which I've been playing, there was little to no incentive to answer questions posed by the media when asking what you thought about a red card or a penalty kick. Will I see a difference in that in the 10 version or is that no longer in the game?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #415
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

2009 Season

25 wins - 8 draws - 5 losses (83 pts, won league by 2pts)
GF: 60
GA: 22

2010 season to date (14pts, 4th in league, 4pts behind leader with a game in hand)

4 wins - 2 draws - 0 losses
GF: 10
GA: 2

best signing to-date would probably have to be Kim Kallstrom before the season began last year - $7.5m, played 39 games at a 6.96 rating.

excited about: (player names inside)
Spoiler

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-03-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #416
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

WOOHOO!!!!! Just got my FM 2010 shipping notice from Amazon.com. Says it just left "Whitestown in US". No state mentioned, so I don't have a clue where the hell it's coming from, but at least it's on the way!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #417
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Indiana, so not terribly far.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #418
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Indiana, so not terribly far.

Ah, good deal! I got Super Saver shipping, but it shouldn't take more than 3 days from there. Should have it by the weekend. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #419
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ah, good deal! I got Super Saver shipping, but it shouldn't take more than 3 days from there. Should have it by the weekend. Thanks!

I got the same notice that it shipped from the same location. Also hoping to have it by the weekend, can't wait.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:48 AM   #420
Nugget699
H.S. Freshman Team

Does anyone have a link to Standard logos for the lower divisions in the US? I need them for a league I'm creating in the editor.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #421
gi
College Prospect

almost done downloading from Steam...
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #422
SackAttack
Head Coach

Is anybody else confused by the coloration on the stats when they're in graphical form? I'm seeing some 'black' bars on high stats as well as on low stats, and some bright blue bars on stats that are higher or lower than the black bars.

There doesn't seem to be a specific color scheme going on here.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #423
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Is anybody else confused by the coloration on the stats when they're in graphical form? I'm seeing some 'black' bars on high stats as well as on low stats, and some bright blue bars on stats that are higher or lower than the black bars.

There doesn't seem to be a specific color scheme going on here.

that's all in xml files and can be modded easily (not that i've bothered to do that yet), but i do agree
Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #424
whomario
Pro Starter

So, i cracked down and ordered from amazon today, going to take 4-5 days so will be mid next week but since iīve got little time next week thatīs fine with me, going to play next sunday all day i guess

Propably going to go the lower league route this year or rather start in a smaller country, maybe somewhere in eastern Europe, like Bulgaria or Belarus, maybe Ukraine (with anyone not dynamo kiew) or in Norway/Sweden/Denmark.
Kinda like the idea of creating a power house there and then move to the big leagues after 4,5 seasons maybe.

Or starting in a lower league in england, which i havenīt done in years but which was allway fun.

btw : Can we really design competition ? Like, say iīd want to create a scandinavian Cup as an international club competition with participants from only Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland, can i do that ?

Kinda like the championsleague but just with the Top 3 Teams from each country and taking place maybe in April/May (where none of those teams will play in european competitions most likely).

Last edited by whomario : 11-05-2009 at 08:31 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #425
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Norway is cool. I think I said up-thread that I really enjoy it because it's got some really unique foreign/homegrown player rules. One of my favorite savegames of all time was with Rosenborg in Norway - I played with them on the demo too and I think I might have to start a second savegame with them.

as far as your "Scandinavian Cup" - that already exists IRL and in the game - it's called the "King's Cup" I believe.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-05-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #426
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, iīm propably going to start in Norway. Kind of fitting since iīm going on a 4 week trip to norway next june

apparanetly in the official SI forums thereīs a couple new cups and leagues allready posted and apparently it is indeed doable with the editor

I will definitely create reserve leagues for the major leagues like Germany, that way the pro teams will have reserve teams active even when you only activate the top 2 leagues (german reserve teams play in leagues 3 and 4 IRL)

someone made an interesting looking Britain-Cup. Highly debeatable if those countries of all (especially england) need yet another competition, but here goes :

Quote:
In simple terms, I've created a season long tournament, for Scottish, English, Northern Irish, Irish, and Welsh Clubs to do battle 'gainst eachother for supremacy of these fair islands.

There's a few touches I couldn't implement as they are simply not available in the editor, so needless to say seedings, location of final, and the ability to have the tournament show under all five nations comp lists are not as I would like. I've taken the following decisions therefore, but am open to further help or suggestions.
  • Seedings are by Division Reputation, it's the only way to keep the bigger clubs out of the qualifying rounds.
  • The qualifying rounds in turn have been implemented to ensure a few games for the minnows and thereby spread the wealth - if only a little.
  • The Final has a habit of being played at Old Trafford, there seems to be no way of rotating it between the national stadiums of each country.
  • The tournament has been built under England, despite me being a Jock. Much as I'd have liked to host it under Wales and have the Millenium as the obvious AI choice for final each year it seems that England is the nation the most likely to be active for most of us, and I personally have no intention of running the Welsh, or respective Irish leagues in my main games - there are 20 or so nations with much bigger clubs I want active in my big career games.
Clubs Entered - England:
Barclays Premier League
Coca-Cola Football League Championship
Coca-Cola Football League One
Coca-Cola Football League Two
Blue Square Premier League

Clubs Entered - Scotland:
Clydesdale Bank Premier League
Irn-Bru Scottish Football League First Division
Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Second Division
Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Third Division

Clubs Entered - Wales:
Principality Building Society Welsh Premier League
MacWhirter Welsh League First Division
Huws Gray (Fitlock) Cymru Alliance (14 clubs only - couldn't exceed 256)

Clubs Entered - Northern Ireland:
Carling Premiership
Ladbrokes.com Championship One

Clubs Entered - Republic of Ireland:
League of Ireland Premier Division (Príomhroinn Sraith na hÉireann)
League of Ireland First Division (Céad Roinn Shraithe na hÉireann)

Schedule

1st Qual Round:
128 teams with lowest divisional seedings play a single legged tie on Tues 11.8.2009

2nd Qual Round:
64 new teams join 64 winners of 1QR play a single legged tie on Tues 8.9.2009

1st Round Proper:
64 2QR Winners join remaining 64 clubs to play a single legged tie on Tues 13.10.2009

2nd Round Proper:
64 R1 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 17.11.2009

3rd Round Proper:
32 R2 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 22.12.2009

4th Round Proper:
16 R3 Winners to play a single legged tie on Tues 12.1.2010

Quarter Finals:
8 R4 Winners play a single legged tie on Tues 9.2.2010

Semi Finals:
4 QF Winners to play over 2 legged tie on Tues 4.5.2010 and Tues 18.5.2010

The Five Nations Championship Final:
SF victors to do battle on Sunday 30th of May 2010

All matches are scheduled for 2000hrs. The AI has taken, quite cleverly in my opinion, to moving matches around where necessary to accomodate other existing fixtures, but having plotted a calendar around the EPL, SPL, League Cups, CL, and Europa League I have largely aimed for the only weeks without a clashing fixture. Some game weeks do clash with a wednesday night league fixture around 4 times a season but league fixtures are easily rescheduled by the AI, whereas delaying cup matches can cause problems.

There shall be the following player restrictions in place to encourage development of youth and home grown players.

At least 4 HG from Club in Match Squad
At least 8 HG from Nation in Match Squad
At least 6 U23's in Match Squad

There shall be 3 subs used from a bench of 7.

Awards Added:
The Five Nations Championship Player of the Year
The Five Nations Championship Dream Team
The Five Nations Championship Golden Boot

Media Added:
bbc.co.uk/sport/5nations (website)
fivenationsunited.com (website/fanzine)

Sports Interactive Community

File : Download FM10 Five Nations Championship.rar

Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #427
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no more british cups...jeezus
Old 11-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #428
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This whole editor thing will likely collect dust on my computer. Soccer and its leagues, cups, tourneys, etc. is already plenty complicated enough for me.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #429
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I think the editor is going to adding so much to the game. Some of the stuff people are doing with it is incredible. Hopefully they enhance it even more in the next patch, like add opening/closing seasons.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #430
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
This whole editor thing will likely collect dust on my computer. Soccer and its leagues, cups, tourneys, etc. is already plenty complicated enough for me.
You're telling me. I was shocked to find out we have a few in our own country. Never heard of SuperLiga and NACL till looking through the game.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #431
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
yeah, iīm propably going to start in Norway. Kind of fitting since iīm going on a 4 week trip to norway next june

Very cool. Im a Dane living in Norway so let me know if you need any help with your Scandinavian football.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #432
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
as far as your "Scandinavian Cup" - that already exists IRL and in the game - it's called the "King's Cup" I believe.

Very close. The name of the scandinavian league is Royal League.

Royal League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #433
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK View Post
Very cool. Im a Dane living in Norway so let me know if you need any help with your Scandinavian football.

Ms.path has relatives in Stavanger so Viking is my Norweigian club of choice.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #434
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Ms.path has relatives in Stavanger so Viking is my Norweigian club of choice.

that's true...i should trace my bloodline back and pick my "home side"
Old 11-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #435
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK View Post
Very close. The name of the scandinavian league is Royal League.

Royal League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dang - i was close.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #436
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Argh, no PSP version on PSN for another week I guess. Thursday comes and goes with a pile of new games but no FM.
Mota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #437
henry296
College Starter

When I try to do a Quick Substitution my players are listed in the wrong position. My DL was listed as ML and then later as DC without me making any changes.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #438
kingfc22
Head Coach

Got my copy today in the mail. Hoping to crack it open on Saturday.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #439
aran
High School Varsity

When I load the PLA into the game and try to start a new game, the USA errors, claiming it doesn't find enough team in any leage (between 0 and 6 teams found in each league). What's up with that? Do I have to do something aside from including the xml file in the editor data folder?
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 AM   #440
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dunno aran, worked fine for me. Did you include it when loading everything?

BTW, I hope Toddzilla didn't mind, I made an "adjusted" PLA Setup, with the following changes:

A)Made it a spring to fall league, not a Summer-Spring league. This was the hard part, as it meant I had to adjust each and every single competition. It now starts around March, and ends mid-November (regens come around in December)

B) Adjusted the money.. I'll have to watch to make sure I didn't go too far the other way, but the teams had way too much silly money in the PLA Setup. So, we'll see how it goes there.

C) The MLS level is now has 4 relegation spots, and the top 4 teams playoff for the championship (It's america, gotta have playoffs )

C) Adjusted the cups around as follows.

The Budweiser American Soccer Cup now is the main cup (it has all the teams in it)

159 teams enter.

A) 62 Teams Play the First Qualifying Round
B) The 31 Winners of Step A play 33 teams added at this round, in the Second Qualifying Round
C) 32 Qualifying Teams play against 32 lower seeded teams in the 1st Round
D) 32 Teams from the 1st Round play the 32 highest seeds in the 2nd Round (IE, the top 32 teams get a bye in the first round)
E) Straight Knockout down the line.

The Challenge Cup has been made a bit of a sideshow friendly cup, 40 teams enter from the top two divisions in a knockout competition.

The League Soccer Trophy features teams from the Championship and Second Division, Kinda like the Johnstone Paint Trophy, if you're familiar with it

The Sierra Mist Development Cup was modified slightly to make it like the FA Trophy, the best amateur and semi-pro teams will play for it.

Finally, I almost got rid of the US Cup.. as the schedule will be really cramped as is.. but it's a 62 team, top three division knockout tournament. Made for TV, really.

D) Added TV games to the top two divisions.

MLS plays their games saturday nights normally, but has three games a week moved for TV. A National Game of the Week on Sunday afternoon, a Saturday Night game on Satellite TV, and a minor Match being played Sunday evening, also on Satellite TV.

The Championship generally plays their games on Saturday afternoon, but they have two games moved for (satellite) TV, One for the big matches at 8 PM Friday Night, and one for 8 PM saturday night (looking for big away attendance games/rivalries)

The 2nd Division and 3rd I kept at a Friday 3 PM start, busman's holiday, etcetera, (I MIGHT move them to Friday night, not sure). The 2nd Division also gets changed around a bit, the 22 teams play each other once in the first stage (21 games), and then splits in two (Top 11 and Bottom 11). 10 more games to sort out the standings, so it's a 31 game season.

The Development League I made a Thursday Night league, trying to get the School crowd.

If anyone wants the XML file, let me know

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-06-2009 at 02:12 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #441
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I've been playing FM since 2006 but have never figured out what I am supposed to do to stop this situation, hopefully not to dumb of a question..

I get a message that the opponents strikers are not very good in the air so we should deny them passes on the ground to their feet. What does a manager do to deny?

Tackle hard? not sure.

Tight mark? might work but if they have more pace then I get blown by? Also seems this would deny passes to the head?

Does using a DMC help cut this down?

Other tactic I'm not thinking of?

Last edited by Sweed : 11-06-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #442
whomario
Pro Starter

Putting the pressure up should work as well as closing down on the other teams defensive players. Those 2 will result in more long and high passes from defenders/defensive midfielders as opposed to a structured short-passing attack.
Of course, if your guys arenīt any good at closing down and the other team very good at passing (decicion making as well) than look out and beware.

Basically do not try this when you the clear inferior team ...

The other way (with a weaker team) might be to play your defensive line very deep and put your "width" team instruction towards "narrow" , forcing the other team to cross the ball in high from the outside instead of short passing through the middle.

Last edited by whomario : 11-06-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #443
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Mario summed it up pretty well. Since you are not worried about crosses, you can pack your back line and keep a narrow focus on defense. This will help cut out through balls which are dangerous if strikers are speedy.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #444
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Putting the pressure up should work as well as closing down on the other teams defensive players. Those 2 will result in more long and high passes from defenders/defensive midfielders as opposed to a structured short-passing attack.
Of course, if your guys arenīt any good at closing down and the other team very good at passing (decicion making as well) than look out and beware.

Basically do not try this when you the clear inferior team ...

The other way (with a weaker team) might be to play your defensive line very deep and put your "width" team instruction towards "narrow" , forcing the other team to cross the ball in high from the outside instead of short passing through the middle.

Thanks so much, should have asked a couple of years ago
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #445
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I should prolly just start a dynasty thread for all my babbling, but you all will apperciate this:

So I sold off Alex Manninger in the offseason as my backup keeper and replaced him with some moderate-scrub. Guy by the name of Johnny Leoni (26 y/o Swiss guy). I thought twice about it, but I got a good price for Manninger, and hey...Buffon is my starting GK and he started every game the first year right? And Leoni isn't HORRIBLE.

I bet you can see where this is going.

12/3 - Buffon suffers a slipped disc in training. I'm clinging to a narrow lead atop the table at that point (had just taken first place on 11/20). I've qualified from my CL group stage, but whether I'm #1 or #2 is up in the air and comes down to final match at the Olympic Stadium in Turin against Real Madrid (drew them 2-2 at the Bernabeau).

No ability to bring in anybody to cover for Buffon for a month - transfer window doesn't open till January. So Leoni is the guy.

Leoni proceeds to lose to Bologna in his first match 2-1, but then shuts out Real Madrid for a 3-0 win to clinch the group! He then gets on a roll and beats Sampdoria 4-2 at home, and Lazio 3-1 on the road before losing to AC Milan 2-0 on the road (Milan in 2nd in the league, that brought them right up behind me).

Of course I had been out there scouting, and on 1/9 I complete an $8.5m offer for Oscar Ustari from Getafe. Ustari comes in and plays 8 matches before Buffon's return, giving up 4 goals and having 5 clean sheets.

Phew!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #446
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

has anyone else noticed that average ratings seem to have come down a bit, or is it just something with my tactic? maybe it's my counterattacking style that has my strikers average ratings in the high-6's instead of the mid-7's.

edit: so i'm thinking it's my tactic (which is just balanced/counter with high pressing and hard tackling), since on the demo when my tactic was more attacking and fluid my strikers and also my defenders had higher ratings.

just curious though.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-06-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #447
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am purchasing the game tonight as opposed to waiting for Christmas. I am pretty excited about it. I will probably start a dynasty with Aston Villa. I am going to wait for the second patch to come out before getting deeply involved in a career mode. This should allow for improvements to the editor which will improve the random leagues I will manage in.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 11-06-2009 at 10:26 AM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #448
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

I think there are enough domestic cups, but they all end in the first half of the season. IMO it would be better if they ran August-May like the leagues.

You might want to edit the Philadelphia team's attendance, they average 65k per game, double Seattle and triple LA Galaxy and DC United who are the next highest.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #449
whomario
Pro Starter

For anyone afraid of the learning curve and everything : The Assistan Manager this year seems vastly improved to the point that his recomendations now make a ton of sense even for staff members Plus placing job adverts now works splendidly, the guys that apply are decent enough for your team most of the time in lower levels and sign for an amount of money you can afford, unlike when you search for staff and have them ask for too much
Plus actually usefull advice in terms of player roles, tactics and so forth.

Canīt wait ...

Last edited by whomario : 11-06-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #450
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Will he even recommend a new assistant manager?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote