Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #901
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Runtime errors? If you get an error please report it. The 2.1.0 patch covers any that have been reported to me.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #902
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Another thing I don't understand.....late in the recruiting season, I can find guys who have no schools interested in, I make an offer, I'm the only school and yet somehow I don't get them?

I know you guys are trying to give me pointers but it literally seems no matter what I do or what I try, even if I scale back my recruiting to recruits I should get easily with a 75 prestige school it doesn't matter. Same with adjusting my recruiting attributes. No change at all.

Not to mention all these runtime errors.

I'll put the game a while and come back to it when my head is clear but at this point, I can't believe the admiration for this game.

What happens in the first section is that the CPU schools see the guy has no offers too and jumps in at the same time you do. Said recruit likes one of the other schools better so he signs with them.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #903
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Another thing I don't understand.....late in the recruiting season, I can find guys who have no schools interested in, I make an offer, I'm the only school and yet somehow I don't get them?

are you sure they qualified academically ? (have you checked with whome they signed ?)
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #904
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Runtime errors? If you get an error please report it. The 2.1.0 patch covers any that have been reported to me.

Runtime error 9....it happens whenever you have the AI set to do the gameplay and/or depth charts, after you do the training camps, and go to play the first game. It has happened without fail everyone of my games if I don't go in and do the depth chart and gameplan myself. It's fine after the first game though. All other seasons present no problems.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #905
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Runtime error 9....it happens whenever you have the AI set to do the gameplay and/or depth charts, after you do the training camps, and go to play the first game. It has happened without fail everyone of my games if I don't go in and do the depth chart and gameplan myself. It's fine after the first game though. All other seasons present no problems.

Here's a fix for that issue and another reported issue where certain box scores wouldn't open from the team schedule screen.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v211.exe
Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #906
britrock88
Pro Starter

To bring up an old topic, any word on that D2 mod? That'd be excellent to play around with.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #907
markprior22
High School Varsity

Ran this update twice but still says 2.1.0
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #908
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Ran this update twice but still says 2.1.0

I also ran twice, got same error and version is still 2.1.0
Old 01-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #909
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Sorry it should work now.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #910
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
To bring up an old topic, any word on that D2 mod? That'd be excellent to play around with.

Its almost done. I need to talk with HR, I'm having a couple issues. I'll PM him tonight.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #911
markprior22
High School Varsity

Thanks Brian...
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #912
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Its almost done. I need to talk with HR, I'm having a couple issues. I'll PM him tonight.

Actually figured out my problem. Just going back through and cleaning up a couple areas now. Then I want to test sim.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #913
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Attached is the D2 Mod. I don't promise that it is perfect but it seems in good shape to the limits within the game, which aren't many. I did sim for 10 years with no issues. Enjoy, let me know if you see anything that needs fixed.

I did not include Simon Fraser (Canada) and the Puerto Rico teams.
Attached Files
File Type: zip D2 FBCB v1.zip (12.1 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #914
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Nice work, I'll check it out.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #915
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Big props to Groundhog for compiling the logo pack.

Because I'm anal, I've been tweaking the colors in some of those logos where they don't match the primary color that Brian used in the UI for a particular team. I haven't gone through all of the conferences yet, but I've got the Pac-10, Big Ten and most of the SEC pretty much done. I'll see if I can upload the results when I'm done to the forum - haven't tried uploading stuff to the board before...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #916
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Attached is the D2 Mod. I don't promise that it is perfect but it seems in good shape to the limits within the game, which aren't many. I did sim for 10 years with no issues. Enjoy, let me know if you see anything that needs fixed.

I did not include Simon Fraser (Canada) and the Puerto Rico teams.
Thanks for this. It'll be fun to return to coach my Bearcats.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #917
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think there should be a feature where you can skip to and watch the last 4 minutes of a game since that is all I watch in real life.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #918
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think there should be a feature where you can skip to and watch the last 4 minutes of a game since that is all I watch in real life.

speed it up to 10 til u get there. is a slightly slower option.

I never sim my games but I watch them on 10 so I can get the game flow. In my opinion this is where he nailed this game. Ive never played a basketball sim that has game flow so realistic.

The biggest thing I disliked about Garys basketball games was game flow and final scores. Even two evenly matches teams would seldomly play a game that had a differential of less than 10 points.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-18-2011 at 10:04 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #919
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I watch all my games on 4 so I can get a feel for the AI gameplan and get to know my players. The part about the last 4 minutes was a joke.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #920
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I watch all my games on 4 so I can get a feel for the AI gameplan and get to know my players. The part about the last 4 minutes was a joke.

Ahh ok. Its actually not a bad idea. Im sure some people would use that feature.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #921
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I never sim my games but I watch them on 10 so I can get the game flow. In my opinion this is where he nailed this game. Ive never played a basketball sim that has game flow so realistic.

Geez, I figured I was the only one that did this.

I watch my team's games on 10 and then try to just will their score to go higher than my opponent's score. Nothing like the agony of watching my team build a big lead and then hit a huge offensive drought, where their score stays static and the opponent's keeps ticking upwards -- you're blowing the lead and the game and there's nothing you can do. I swear if it's a road game I can almost hear the crowd burying my team. You definitely get a sense of game flow, all in the span of just a few seconds.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #922
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I do have a house rule that if I am up by 20 or down by 20 in the second half I speed it up to 10. Lets me go through a season a little faster.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #923
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Geez, I figured I was the only one that did this.

I watch my team's games on 10 and then try to just will their score to go higher than my opponent's score. Nothing like the agony of watching my team build a big lead and then hit a huge offensive drought, where their score stays static and the opponent's keeps ticking upwards -- you're blowing the lead and the game and there's nothing you can do. I swear if it's a road game I can almost hear the crowd burying my team. You definitely get a sense of game flow, all in the span of just a few seconds.

Haha.

I know the exact feeling. When you are ahead the entire game and they take the lead for the first time on the final play of the game or them OT games where ur emotions sway on every play all within a span of 10 seconds

Part of my reward for making the NCAA tourny is then I get to watch my games not on 10

I usually start out my career wanting to watch some games however about halftime of my first game I decide this is going to take too long and just fly through seasons on 10.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #924
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Haha.

I know the exact feeling. When you are ahead the entire game and they take the lead for the first time on the final play of the game or them OT games where ur emotions sway on every play all within a span of 10 seconds

What I do is "sim half" and then take a look at the stats at halftime to get a more in-depth sense of what's going on. If I'm losing and my team is getting killed on the boards I imagine screaming at my team and toppling over some lockers during the break.

When I eventually have a heart attack I'm completely blaming this game.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #925
Groundhog
Coordinator

I coach all of my games on 1 speed (speed it up after each stoppage), making my own subs, etc. That's why I'm "only" 17 IIRC seasons in with the career I started playing in '04 real time.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #926
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Big props to Groundhog for compiling the logo pack.

Because I'm anal, I've been tweaking the colors in some of those logos where they don't match the primary color that Brian used in the UI for a particular team. I haven't gone through all of the conferences yet, but I've got the Pac-10, Big Ten and most of the SEC pretty much done. I'll see if I can upload the results when I'm done to the forum - haven't tried uploading stuff to the board before...

No probs.

Took me a long time to update them all in my current career... Didn't want to do both that and the spreadsheet as well.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #927
Izulde
Head Coach

Speaking of which, is anyone interested in the default files for my Zeroed Out dynasty?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #928
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Has anyone had any luck getting decent transfers to their team? I've yet to get one to sign, even when they are listed as "yes" under interested.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #929
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Just started to pick this up again. One thing I just noticed in my Ohio State season... how is the end game logic for you guys?

I was up 5 against WVU with 51 seconds left. They had the ball, ended up fouling their guy with 35 seconds left. He made both. I'm up 68-65, 31 seconds left, and they... let me run out the clock?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #930
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Just started to pick this up again. One thing I just noticed in my Ohio State season... how is the end game logic for you guys?

I was up 5 against WVU with 51 seconds left. They had the ball, ended up fouling their guy with 35 seconds left. He made both. I'm up 68-65, 31 seconds left, and they... let me run out the clock?

Yeah, I've seen stuff like this before. That happens, or I'll be down 3 and take a 2 or not shoot at all.

While it can be frustrating I don't expect perfect AI from a small developer, and the overall game is still so amazing I just roll with it because it has also worked in my favor at times.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #931
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post

Yah. Sometimes it works perfect, other times not. I know for example that I see this happen if not all the time, at least very often: Team A is down by a few points with less than a complete shot clock remaining, losses the ball on a turnover, Team B milks the clock and Team A won't foul.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #932
britrock88
Pro Starter

Nice work, Balldog. I was just curious to know what you did to come up with the prestige numbers in the D2 file.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #933
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Nice work, Balldog. I was just curious to know what you did to come up with the prestige numbers in the D2 file.

Winning percentage over the last 4 seasons.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #934
RedKingGold
College Starter

Out of curiousity, is there a D-3 mod?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #935
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I could probably do one
Old 01-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #936
rowech
Pro Starter

Been away from the game several days and gave it another whirl yesterday and today making some changes to my approach and still nothing good happens. I've never had such problems with a sport sim in my life. Just a non-enjoyable game for me because there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to actually getting things done in the recruiting phase especially.

Something really needs to be done to show the strength of a player's desire to play at a school or somehow. If I'm one of only two schools listed on a player's desired schools, and I have a higher prestige (sometimes twice as high), I'm going to keep plugging away to try and get the guy. There's no way to tell if I'm making progress or not. Just a crapshoot at that point and if you waste your time on a guy like that then it's all over because you're behind on all the other players.

I feel like my approaches for getting midrange good players has been dead on time and again. Whether I recruit by distance to school, setting my goals at lower players than I should, recruiting only players with high or very high interest, recruiting only players from my state or region, just doesn't matter.

Wish I could like the game but hate it everytime I play it.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #937
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

It is interesting to me that you have such problems, when it seems I and the majority of others (99.999%) of people don't have such issues. just weird. Not saying you are doing anything wrong or anything, it just seems odd that I've never heard of anyone at all having the problems you are describing.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #938
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
I could probably do one

That would be awesome.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #939
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

BTW Rowech, have you read through this recruiting dynasty/tutorial by muns @ the official FBCB forums?

It has some excellent information in it and I really think it could help you, and probably everyone that plays this game for that matter.

Fast Break Basketball Forum • View topic - Lower Prestige Recruiting Tutorial/ Dynasty

Last edited by k0ruptr : 01-20-2011 at 08:21 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #940
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
It is interesting to me that you have such problems, when it seems I and the majority of others (99.999%) of people don't have such issues. just weird. Not saying you are doing anything wrong or anything, it just seems odd that I've never heard of anyone at all having the problems you are describing.

I think that's what's driving me insane! Everybody seems to love this game and have not nearly the trouble I do. You can name the sports sim and I've had success at it if I've played it. The FOF games, Football Manager, dynasty modes on EA games, OOTP, Puresim, Mogul games, etc.

I just don't understand what I am not getting with this game.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #941
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think that's what's driving me insane! Everybody seems to love this game and have not nearly the trouble I do. You can name the sports sim and I've had success at it if I've played it. The FOF games, Football Manager, dynasty modes on EA games, OOTP, Puresim, Mogul games, etc.

I just don't understand what I am not getting with this game.
How does the recruiting rating for you and your recruiting coordinator compare with the coaches at the schools you're losing recruits to? Are you offering a scholarship and putting the full court press on these recruits at the same time as these other schools? I've found that even with better recruiting ratings and higher prestige, if I'm a month or two months behind in offering a kid, I can't count on beating out that other school. Sometimes I can, but I'm taking a significant risk.

I find myself shifting recruiting targets frequently from month to month based on competition. It's not infrequent that a guy I've written off because other teams that have a better shot at him (closer, higher prestige, offered sooner) will end up a couple months later with his offers pulled and no current offers and I can jump on him and land him.

While I am enjoying the hell out of this game (and can't wait to get home every night and fire it up), the aspect that I find frustrating is transfers - I have yet to land a transfer that I wanted, even guys that were listed as being interested in my school. I've recently been able to land high enough ranked recruits that I'm starting to lose 1-3 guys early to the draft each year and have gone into the last few seasons with 2-3 scholarships open and some obvious areas of need on my team. But I still can't land a transfer, even when I have higher prestige, am closer to their hometown and have less of a logjam at their position.

I suppose if I was willing to target a transfer that is basically walk-on level I might have had some success, but why bother going after those guys? I'm just a little frustrated that I have had zero success landing any decent transfers despite possessing what should be every advantage over the schools that end up getting the guys I target.

This would be an area where a little more feedback from the game about what the player was looking for would be helpful.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #942
Groundhog
Coordinator

FWIW I'm at prestige 100 and over the 3 offseasons I've run in the latest version, I've only landed one transfer player, but he was a top-50 quality player. The other 2 seasons I've had some guys worth signing show interest, but lost out. So it can happen. I personally don't see it as a big issue, because it seems to me that in real life, most guys are transferring to smaller schools anyway.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #943
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I personally don't see it as a big issue, because it seems to me that in real life, most guys are transferring to smaller schools anyway.
That's true in real life, but when I'm losing guys in this game, it's usually to another high prestige school.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #944
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FUCK!

Get upset in the second round last year as a 2 seed, then this year 10-2 including wins over Duke and Ky and my 20-10 stud gets suspended. The thing that pisses me off is the guy is a senior and never came close to any problems. He was my only returning starter from last year and I have no depth, I'm fucked.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #945
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea, I'm almost afraid to start my forth season at Ohio State. First season, 23-15 (8-10) third place in the NIT. Second season was 21-11 (11-7) with a first round victory in the big dance and a second round elimination. All the pieces came together in my third season with a 39-2 (17-1) Championship season. My best season to date. But the aftermath of that season is not good. I went from that to probably a low-mid table Big Ten team. I'm not too excited for this season.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 01-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #946
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I just got a runtime error 91 at the end of an OT game. As I hit exit it popped up.

Version 2.1.12
XP
Old 01-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #947
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I'm pretty sure I found it.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 01-24-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #948
Groundhog
Coordinator

Brian, not related to the above error, but I noticed once that if, during a game, you click on the (IIRC) current stage icon to the bottom left of the screen, it will take you to the Hot Seat screen (again, IIRC) and out of the game with no way to return.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #949
sjshaw
lolzcat

HR,

Would you please fix the issue where the game always defaults to Ball State on launch? In a MP league, it's a huge pain to have to change to my team every time, so could it default to my team instead?
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #950
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
HR,

Would you please fix the issue where the game always defaults to Ball State on launch? In a MP league, it's a huge pain to have to change to my team every time, so could it default to my team instead?

Ok, I added some code that will make the game remember the last human team selected for each separate save.