Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #2901
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731 View Post
Getting a subscript error 9 when trying to load this file?

It is happening if there are more coaches in the file that the league has space for. I fixed it for the next patch.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 04-08-2013 at 01:46 PM.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #2902
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

HR, I think I found a small bug on the scheduling screen where I'm not able to scroll down to see the very last term in the sort order. For instance, when sorted by team name the last team I can scroll to see is Yale, even though Youngstown State follows.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #2903
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
HR, I think I found a small bug on the scheduling screen where I'm not able to scroll down to see the very last term in the sort order. For instance, when sorted by team name the last team I can scroll to see is Yale, even though Youngstown State follows.

Fixed.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #2904
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I never got to play this game as much as I would have liked to. Bought the pro game yesterday so I can tie them together. That said, my FBCB has bombed out 2 of 2 times in trying to sim some history. I haven't modified anything. Once I made it to 3/15/2019, the other time 1/29/2026. Then I get a Runtime error 9 and the game crashes. I'm using the latest version and not sure if it's worth noting or not, but I have Windows 8.
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #2905
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

FFS the patch extracted to the 64-bit prog files folder.....
Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #2906
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think Windows 8 is your culprit here. I've never had any problems installing it on a Windows 7 machine ever.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #2907
yeah826
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
FFS the patch extracted to the 64-bit prog files folder.....

HR may be able to tell you whats happening
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #2908
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I didn't play the old version, so this is all new to me. But is the deal that you can only add/deactivate leagues from the start of your universe?

I think you meant to post this in the thread for the pro game?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #2909
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hahaha oops.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:04 AM   #2910
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I never got to play this game as much as I would have liked to. Bought the pro game yesterday so I can tie them together. That said, my FBCB has bombed out 2 of 2 times in trying to sim some history. I haven't modified anything. Once I made it to 3/15/2019, the other time 1/29/2026. Then I get a Runtime error 9 and the game crashes. I'm using the latest version and not sure if it's worth noting or not, but I have Windows 8.

I'll run some tests. Is this using the default league file or one of the other ones?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #2911
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
I'll run some tests. Is this using the default league file or one of the other ones?

Keep in mind that I wasn't running the latest patch when I was getting those. I was using whatever version the full exe is currently. I'm going to run another long sim while I'm at work and will see if it works better using the latest version.

Edit: I believe I was either using the 2012 file or the 2010 file. The ones that are included with the game. I'm gonna use the 2010 one for my sim today.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 04-12-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #2912
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

100-year sim with the latest patch worked with no issues.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #2913
britrock88
Pro Starter

New CSV files for future realignment! Conferences' schedules and tournament structures have been double-checked and updated! Travel partners have been fixed! Prestiges have been updated with the end of the season! AAAHHH!

(I realize my timing is terrible with the pro game just having come out, but alas.)

Warning: you should use these together. I reordered lots of teams and conferences within the CSV files.
Attached Files
File Type: csv teams.csv (30.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: csv conf.csv (2.9 KB, 34 views)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #2914
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

No, that's always handy. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #2915
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Thanks, Bitrock,. I fired up a new game with your CSV's and they look excellent. However, I took one look at my Alma Mater, Rutgers, in the Big 10 and nearly puked.

I may never get used to that.

There are times when change is disturbingly bad.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #2916
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

To fast(er) sim, what do I change in the FBCB.ini file? I scrambled myself and my league isn't going super fast anymore.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-14-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #2917
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
To fast(er) sim, what do I change in the FBCB.ini file? I scrambled myself and my league isn't going super fast anymore.

If you were using the mode where it doesn't actually sim games for some reason then change SuperFastSim to 1. Otherwise you'd have to jog my memory somehow because it isn't coming to me.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #2918
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
If you were using the mode where it doesn't actually sim games for some reason then change SuperFastSim to 1. Otherwise you'd have to jog my memory somehow because it isn't coming to me.

That's it. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #2919
Comey
College Starter

Are there any deep historical files? Just alignments is what I'm looking for. I'll take everything that's out there.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #2920
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Are there any deep historical files? Just alignments is what I'm looking for. I'll take everything that's out there.

PM me your email address and I'll send what I have when I'm home tonight.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #2921
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendsport View Post
Since this seems to be a very active area for FBCB discussion I thought I'd post about a new MP league I'm starting. The plan is to have a linked college and pro league using the new Pro version as well as FBCB 2010.

I've created a complete NCAA Universe for the 1981-82 season with about 98% of the players being real guys (it's something like 4000 players) for the Fast Break College Basketball 2010 sim. It took literally two years (off and on) to do it.

The idea was that since the 81-82 season was the college debut of a bunch of Hall of Famers (you've probably heard of Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullin, etc) it would be a great season to start a college league.

The plan going forward is to add a couple hundred real life recruits each season (so that the number is manageable, but we can likely avoid having any fictional players end up in the NBA). The recruits for the first season are already done and if it looks like the league will fly, I'll get started on the next batch of recruits asap.

If you're interested in signing up, head over to Hardwood Heroes Basketball League and then use the More Info/Sign-Up link to fill out the form which will gather all the info I need to add you to the league forum and, of course, the game.

I'd like to leave the pro sign-ups inactive for the time being, so you'll be able to sign up for the college league only initially. But when the pro game is released, those who've signed up for the college league will get first crack at grabbing an NBA squad.

Any chance you have the CSVs for this to share?
Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #2922
EVEN8184
n00b

Hi, I'm getting a Run time error "9" , subscript out of range. I'm in Team Stats, Efficiency, and sorted by DReb%. I scrolled down to the bottom of that page. I then tried to change it to Southland Conference and I got the error.
EVEN8184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #2923
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Nvm. I can repeat the error.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 05-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #2924
EVEN8184
n00b

I wouldn't call this a bug but this sequence that I saw while coaching out a game didn't make sense:

Code:
Chucho Duran is at the free throw line. The first free throw is good. The second free throw is no good. Charles Hollins (Stephen F. Austin) gets the rebound. Charles Hollins is called for an illegal screen. Team Fouls - Texas Southern: 8, Stephen F. Austin: 6
Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #2925
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2319.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.3.19 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.3.19 (5/6/13)
Fixes:
*Fixed error 9 when using a coach file with more coaches than the current league has space for.
*Scheduling screen wasn't allowing you to scroll to the last team on the list.
*Fixed error 5 loading a save when using alternate date formats in your regional settings.
*Fixed error 9 that could occur on team stats leaders when changing from all conferences to a single conference.
*No longer possible for the person with the ball to commit an illegal screen foul.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #2926
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I took the liberty of saving recent mods that we've posted in this thread for FBCB and saved them on mediafire, mostly because it can be hard to track them down when they're 25 pages into the thread. Plus, should something ever happen to the board for some odd reason, at least we have them saved somewhere as a backup beyond just the person.

I mostly did it for my own purposes so I'd have them, but then it occurred to me that others -- specifically newbies just buying the game later or something -- would want them too. It was initially a page just for my own mods, but I've added some of my favorite mods from here too.

FBCB/FBPB3 Mods

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #2927
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Also I finished an omnibus NCAA file with all of the teams from D1/D2 and D3 in one file. Only because I'm curious how insane that universe would operate. If anyone wants it, I'll release it.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-12-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #2928
EVEN8184
n00b

Thanks for putting that list together.

I am running into a crash when trying to play the D2 Mod. I start a game, fiddle with the options. When I get to choosing a team, it crashes whenever I try and sort by conference. No error # or anything, it just crashes.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #2929
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I tend not to organize by conference. Not sure what causes it but I do see it sometimes after modding. It does work, I think you just can't sort for whatever reason at first launch. I've just always avoided it after it happens to me.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #2930
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Do you have a timeline file for NCAA DC? Is it possible to do them like the pro version has or do you have to adjust the dat file every time? I like the excel plan much better.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #2931
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Do you have a timeline file for NCAA DC? Is it possible to do them like the pro version has or do you have to adjust the dat file every time? I like the excel plan much better.

I don't have a timeline file, because I play fictional exclusively. I feel like someone released something like that? I just don't remember where it is in this thread. Will try to search for it and if I find it, will post + add to the list over there.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #2932
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

yeah, I can't remember who was doing one. Maybe it was Noah... I'm pretty sure he does all his in dat file movements.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #2933
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
I tend not to organize by conference. Not sure what causes it but I do see it sometimes after modding. It does work, I think you just can't sort for whatever reason at first launch. I've just always avoided it after it happens to me.

If you guys tell me about easily repeatable errors rather than just avoiding the cause I can usually fix them
Old 05-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #2934
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
If you guys tell me about easily repeatable errors rather than just avoiding the cause I can usually fix them

Hahaha...here's the link to the D2 file. and a link to my D1/D2/D3 combined mod both where I've had that sort error happen.

Another error I've noticed that doesn't always happen, but does sometimes in big universes is where you click on the team in the history menu (say you're looking at past champs. Then click on the team to see their current roster) and it'll give you an error and crash.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #2935
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
yeah, I can't remember who was doing one. Maybe it was Noah... I'm pretty sure he does all his in dat file movements.

I've actually been working in Excel with the CSVs...

If I could get into the DATs to configure movement season by season, I'd take a crack at it (time permitting).
Old 05-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #2936
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I love that alumni end up at their alma maters in FBCB. Such a nice touch.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-15-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #2937
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Mother of God my defenses are year in and year out miserable. I just took over UNLV were we allowed 81 PPG. I have not focused much on defense in recruiting so that is likely a big problem, but woof. Anyone have any advice?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #2938
yeah826
High School JV

Finding a good Defensive Center would be a good start high blocking this would at least make it harder for other teams to score in the paint if he can be at least 6'9 it will help your defense out significantly even if the rest of your team is bad at it. Make sure your team is at least 100 in one of your defenses you run also try to train Prd and Psd when it comes time for training camp.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #2939
bryce
High School Varsity

Also get a defense-oriented assistant coach. A or A+ if possible.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #2940
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v240.exe

Version 2.4.0 (6/4/13)
Fixes:
*Fixed a crash that could occur when sorting teams by conference name.
*Added code to prevent error 9 when loading if leagueinfo.dat becomes corrupted.
*Fixed an instance where the conference schedule could overlap the start of the conference tourney causing a crash.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #2941
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

For FBCB3, it'd be nice if a commish could move an assistant coach somewhere manually during that stage. Right now, they'll force move with a non-human coach but not with a human coach and you can't even get them out of their deals early to do it the conventional way.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to bid on assistants as possible head coaches before their deals are up, if possible. Which might solve the above problem in a sense.

The last thought was a force transfer manual option. I have a lot of "Seth Curry" players who end up at bad schools to start, but really need to be transferring to better schools and don't. It'd be nice to have a mechanism to free them.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #2942
Comey
College Starter

I have a request/suggestion:

In the history section, do you think we could have the final poll added, and/or the final RPI and what the team's final output was (ie their postseason status)? It's already pulling this information in the team history section...would love to see it all in one place, to see the national landscape change over time.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #2943
bryce
High School Varsity

While we're on requests for future versions, what do we think of unused recruiting money rolling over into the next month. Then you'd have a true annual recruiting budget, and not a use-it-or-lose-it monthly budget.

Cosmetically, on the team schedule it'd be nice to see overtime games denoted as such (eg, "OT" next to the score or some such), as well as the names of any preseason tourneys next to those games played.

This is truly a fantastic game. Can't think of much else I'd like to see.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #2944
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Another cosmetic requests...

When you print a box score, could it have the rankings beside the team when the game was played?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #2945
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Another cosmetic requests...

When you print a box score, could it have the rankings beside the team when the game was played?

Excellent idea for historical concepts.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #2946
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
While we're on requests for future versions, what do we think of unused recruiting money rolling over into the next month. Then you'd have a true annual recruiting budget, and not a use-it-or-lose-it monthly budget.

Cosmetically, on the team schedule it'd be nice to see overtime games denoted as such (eg, "OT" next to the score or some such), as well as the names of any preseason tourneys next to those games played.

This is truly a fantastic game. Can't think of much else I'd like to see.

I too, would love to see the unused recruiting money allocated differently rather than doing the spend all method. Would be really nice.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #2947
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

More cosmetics. Why is the word test test test test in the rankings at the top? I assume for something to be added later but it's not there. Was it suppose to be last 10, the week, conf play or something like that>
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #2948
Comey
College Starter

I came across one of the most dominant teams I've ever seen...the 1989-90 Kansas Jayhawks went 40-0, outscoring their opponents by an average of 26.2 ppg.

The reasons I don't list them as THE most dominant team I've ever seen is that they had a few blips (winning by seven at TX-Arlington, who went 11-19, beating a 14-17 Dayton team by five...they did beat them by 40 at home, though). From that game on, though, they drubbed everyone...their closest game after was a seven-point win in the NCAA, then 12-point victory over OK State in the Big XII semis.

Their NCAA schedule:

1st Round: Colgate (11-22) - 107-47
2nd Round: San Diego State (24-8) - 70-63
Sweet 16: Indiana (24-10) - 63-49
Elite 8: Arizona State (28-7) - 75-69
Final 4: Duke (30-8) - 96-69
Championship: Temple (34-6) - 84-63

I've been thoroughly enjoying the A-10 through this run (1950-90); they've definitely been the conference with the highest cred in the nation, with Temple, Richmond and La Salle enjoying prolonged periods of success; Temple won the title in 1983, a year after losing in the title game, while Richmond has been ranked in the top ten several times, and has made it to the Elite Eight four times in the last fourteen seasons, and hasn't missed the NCAA since 1972...La Salle made it to the Final Four in '74, but have been routinely upset in the early rounds. They were a #1 seed in five of the last six seasons, but never got past the elite eight.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #2949
Comey
College Starter

Dola--

It would appear that Kansas, who is 106-8 over the last three seasons (lost the title in '88 to a Kentucky team that lost its repeat chance on a buzzer-beater in the '89 title game to Tennessee; upset in the Sweet 16 in '89) finally got over the hump because of a freshman PG named Lincoln Key.

Key (13.0 PPG, 3.5 APG, 2.3 RPG, 2.3 StPG), the #1 overall recruit in the nation a year ago, was named National Freshman of the Year. Now that the 3-point shot has come to the college game for the 1990-91 season, Key, who is considered a marksman, could be even better.

Kansas returns two starters from their title game, and begin 1991 ranked #3 (La Salle is top dog). Fellow A-10ers Temple (6th) and Richmond (7th) join the Explorers in the top ten, while Rhode Island (21st) joins them. St. Louis received a few votes as well.

For the record, there is no early entry in this league. So there are some stacked teams.

Last edited by Comey : 07-12-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #2950
Comey
College Starter

double dola--

Richmond finally got their title in 1992, beating New Mexico State (East #7 seed who has routinely made deep runs, including six Sweet 16, four Elite Eight, three Final Four, and now a championship game appearance in the last eight seasons) 70-58 to win the title. It could have been even sweeter, had Temple beaten the Aggies to get to the title game. The Owls, who won the Midwest as a #2 seed, lost 64-55 in the national semis.

Kansas (32-1) and Texas A&M (33-1), the top two seeds overall, fell in the second round and Elite Eight, respectively.