Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #3151
Radii
Head Coach

So, it this just a "first season" bug, not a 32 team tourney bug maybe, or maybe a combination requirign 32 team tourney in first season... I'll sim ahead and play a little more w/ it.

I simmed ahead to the NCAA Tournament and HTML now outputs fully.

Last edited by Radii : 04-11-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #3152
Radii
Head Coach

double dola, still 2.4.1, I got the following for you.

start 32 team tournament league:

-Cannot create HTML initially, or during preseason actions.
-Sim ahead to mid-march, can now create HTML
-Advance to next season, during preseason I can now create HTML.

Start 68 team league:

- Can immediately create HTML

So yeah, seems to be a specific "initial season" problem with 32 team tournaments.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #3153
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
double dola, still 2.4.1, I got the following for you.

start 32 team tournament league:

-Cannot create HTML initially, or during preseason actions.
-Sim ahead to mid-march, can now create HTML
-Advance to next season, during preseason I can now create HTML.

Start 68 team league:

- Can immediately create HTML

So yeah, seems to be a specific "initial season" problem with 32 team tournaments.

I was testing it in preseason and Dec, didn't go much more past that out of frustration and emailed Brian... Well this throws a wrench is running a 1953 league now... unless I run a season before hand and run a 1954 league

Thanks for checking Radii

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 04-11-2015 at 03:35 PM.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #3154
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v246.exe

Patch to fix the 32 team-season 1 bug HTML bug if anyone wanted it.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #3155
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Anyone interested in a NCAA basketball league starting in 1953 (Using FBCB 2010 game) trying to create a new NCAA history of basketball? The league will follow everything from conference movement/names/creation or destructions along with University name changes to both the school and their nickname. Teams are set up as they should be. Stanford Indians, St. John’s Redmen, Colorado A&M Aggies, Alabama Polytechnic Institute Tigers, etc…

It's not a pressure filled league, I was originally just going to use the setup for a solo league but figure what would be the harm having some others coach a team. Set up is here so you can see the homework is done:

Copy of 53-54 - Google Sheets

Signup is over on this forum:

NCAA53

simple html of the league showing team names and logos:

http://nabf.us/html/

Just taking 1 team for now so teams can get their choice and then owners can grab another team or 2 after.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #3156
britrock88
Pro Starter

Do it!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:09 AM   #3157
GoBlue2419
High School JV

If you have the option set to have draft files exported for importing into the Pro game, and do a fast sim for 20 years or so, are the draft files exported still?

Thinking of starting a college game in like 1920, fast simming to the present, while also starting a pro game then in 1940 or so, using draft files from the college game starting in 1941.

Will fast simming work, or would I need to sim through a season, export, then sim through the next season, export, etc.?
GoBlue2419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:28 AM   #3158
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yep, they will all be exported to the league folder. This is what I did with my long-running FBCB/FBPB career.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:48 AM   #3159
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Anyone interested in a NCAA basketball league starting in 1953 (Using FBCB 2010 game) trying to create a new NCAA history of basketball? The league will follow everything from conference movement/names/creation or destructions along with University name changes to both the school and their nickname. Teams are set up as they should be. Stanford Indians, St. John’s Redmen, Colorado A&M Aggies, Alabama Polytechnic Institute Tigers, etc…

It's not a pressure filled league, I was originally just going to use the setup for a solo league but figure what would be the harm having some others coach a team. Set up is here so you can see the homework is done:

Copy of 53-54 - Google Sheets

Signup is over on this forum:

NCAA53

simple html of the league showing team names and logos:

NCAA53

Just taking 1 team for now so teams can get their choice and then owners can grab another team or 2 after.

Hell ya. I'm in. like the quicker pace murrayyyyy (even if I would love it quicker). But this this looks like a blast with the way you have set this bad boy up

Last edited by muns : 04-17-2015 at 07:51 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:14 AM   #3160
GoBlue2419
High School JV

Cool, thanks - that is great to hear. Another reason to love this game.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #3161
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Hell ya. I'm in. like the quicker pace murrayyyyy (even if I would love it quicker). But this this looks like a blast with the way you have set this bad boy up

Thanks Mums. I think one of the things about the pace was trying to eliminate what I hate about the game in online leagues (dead periods in transfers, that wasted 1st sim of May when nothing happens, the wasted sim of training when you can set it the month before, transfers {because I have never got one}) but I didn't want an impossible pace for the 2nd aspect that I hope blossoms in this league.

I wanted a pace to where I could tell a story (as others will hopefully) instead of just running a league. A month of games in 1 or 2 sims wouldn't allow it. I think most of the owners (and some others I know that will be coming) will enjoy that aspect of the league. It's a combination of talking to britrock about what we would have added to the WWCB and something me and Comey talked about doing a long time ago (a story mode world run by leagues).

There are so many aspects that have my wheels spinning from following Colorado A&M's (State) path from the Mountain State Athletic to where they finally end up, the opportunity of taking an independent school and create a ton of rivalries, the chance to fill up a small league like the Pacific Coast Conference and have human rivals(2nd/3rd human teams makes this very easy to create), etc...
Old 04-17-2015, 02:20 PM   #3162
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
What version are you using? the guy on said it wont work unless you have version 2.4.5

Yeah I am. It's a player file problem. Dunno what player file he's using, but doesn't work when I load my game even after reinstall.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #3163
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Yeah I am. It's a player file problem. Dunno what player file he's using, but doesn't work when I load my game even after reinstall.

Same here. I've never messed with player files in the college game, so I don't know if it's some kind of formatting issue or what.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:00 PM   #3164
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I sent it to HR or maybe I meant to and forgot. In any case, he confirmed that's probably what it is. I need to go turn on my desktop and dredge it up. I forgot until I saw this thread.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:14 PM   #3165
Balldog
Pro Rookie

FBCB2 discussion: Full version now available

Signing up for that 53 league
It's been a while since I've done a league

Looking forward to it!

For some reason my registration for the forum isn't come through?

Last edited by Balldog : 04-17-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #3166
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post

Looking forward to it!

Another savy vet in the house. We need some more. Groundhog where you at?
Old 04-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #3167
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm seriously considering it, but in a month's time I'm going to be overseas for about 6 weeks with no access to FBCB.......
Old 04-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #3168
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm seriously considering it, but in a month's time I'm going to be overseas for about 6 weeks with no access to FBCB.......

That is understandable. Real life always gets in the way of sim fun. Either way before or after, love to have ya at some point. It would be nice to have a lot of the guys that have been around since day 1 honestly.

I think murrayyyyy and Brit have a hell of a concept here.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #3169
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post

Looking forward to it!

Sent you a PM with who to email about the forum problem (forums have a bunch of leagues all connected to one board) and info to fill out in the mean time if you want to get the team reserved.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:14 PM   #3170
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Sign up anyway and put them on autopilot while you are gone. At least you will have the team you want when you come back and can watch them from afar (not that you aren't already far away). Either way there will be a spot there for ya.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:17 PM   #3171
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Just what I need, heavy expectations. Trust me, I'm in love with the concept and hope that enough people get the bug to make the league even better than I could have imagined with participation or buying into some concepts.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:32 AM   #3172
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm all signed up

Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #3173
GoBlue2419
High School JV

Quote:
Yep, they will all be exported to the league folder. This is what I did with my long-running FBCB/FBPB career.

One more question - in the Pro game, can the draft files be automatically imported so that I could fast sim the Pro game to build up the history before jumping in? Or would I need to sim a season, import draft class, sim next season, etc.?
Old 04-18-2015, 08:29 AM   #3174
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue2419 View Post
One more question - in the Pro game, can the draft files be automatically imported so that I could fast sim the Pro game to build up the history before jumping in? Or would I need to sim a season, import draft class, sim next season, etc.?

You can set the first draft class, and it will automatically progress to the following draft class each year. Another underrated feature.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #3175
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

murrayyyyy, couple questions about your league.

1) Any interest in a text sim vet who's never played FBCB?
2) Is the currently available for purchase version of FBCB the one you're using?

I'd love to get in and take over the UCSB Gauchos when they join the NCAA in '64.

Edit: nevermind on the second question, loading up the .exe shows it's indeed the 2010 version.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 04-18-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #3176
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Let's be honest, this is 99% murra5y. Maybe I get a pat on the back for creating other historical setups? Or running another sim league?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #3177
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Does anyone know if this will work with Crossover on Mac?
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #3178
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Let's be honest, this is 99% murra5y. Maybe I get a pat on the back for creating other historical setups? Or running another sim league?

lol. you are right, but you were involved in the conversations, which is what I meant.

I gave you credit in my current ad dynasty for creating the 14 mod I'm currently using, so maybe I got one thing right.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #3179
Comey
College Starter

I have taken the plunge (UConn). Looking forward to destroying the Yankee Conference.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #3180
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post

This is uncharted territory for me as I my friends all have windows. Brian specifically said this about crossover though.

Quote:
I've got reports of FBCB and the FBCB 2010 demo not working on Crossover. I know people have been able to get it to work but I'm not sure which option they were using.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #3181
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
This is uncharted territory for me as I my friends all have windows. Brian specifically said this about crossover though.

Thanks. Maybe I'll look into something like Parallels instead (or just invest in a cheap windows-based laptop.). Miss playing this game since moving to a Mac.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #3182
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post

Going back over some convos when it was first in beta and some members on the beta team confirmed they were able to run it with bootcamp and parallels.

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:01 AM   #3183
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

2) Is the currently available for purchase version of FBCB the one you're using?

I'd love to get in and take over the UCSB Gauchos when they join the NCAA in '64.

Edit: nevermind on the second question, loading up the .exe shows it's indeed the 2010 version.

Would love to have ya Vince. There are others that haven't ever played FBCB joining as well, so you wont be the only one. Plenty of vets that wouldn't mind helping out with questions and suggestions either. With the guys that murrayyyyy has I don't see this being a "intense win at all costs" thing. Just some good people playing a fun game
Old 04-18-2015, 11:24 AM   #3184
Radii
Head Coach

Joined the 53 league as NC State!
Old 04-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #3185
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

1) I personally have no problem helping owners out since my focus of this league is a story, not winning at all costs. With the group of owners assembled right now, I don't think anyone would have a problem giving advice in this league to help out. I'd rather have a group of guys who have fun in a league than 80 guys in the league who export like it's a chore.

2) I'll post a file that has all the info you need and you simple download and put in the proper place (I'm at work so my memory fails me). Once again, plenty of people can answer that hard part. The file we use is one I created and during the off season phase I will add teams/move teams at the proper times. It's been tested so it works (hence my questions about HTML a page earlier here).
Old 04-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #3186
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I'll give it a whirl - the concept is really appealing to me. I've been playing FBCB2 for a while, but no online leagues yet so this will be fun.

I registered for the forum but don't have posting permissions yet - any info on what the turnaround time is? I'm hoping to grab Washington as my team (I know, surprise surprise).

I really enjoy creating & updating logos for this game, so I'd be happy to help add/edit logos for the league that match the time period.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:09 PM   #3187
muns
Pro Starter

Radi and Dawgfan, both guys that have been around. Awesome stuff. I'm liking where this is going.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #3188
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I'll give it a whirl - the concept is really appealing to me. I've been playing FBCB2 for a while, but no online leagues yet so this will be fun.

I registered for the forum but don't have posting permissions yet - any info on what the turnaround time is? I'm hoping to grab Washington as my team (I know, surprise surprise).

I really enjoy creating & updating logos for this game, so I'd be happy to help add/edit logos for the league that match the time period.

Mike (other one who runs the forums) sent this last night when I asked for someone else:

Usually turns out to be an Email Confirmation thing. They don't do the confirmation after they register. Easy enough to fix if I have the user name.

I'll go ahead and put you down for Washington in the quickly filling up PCC. I'll PM you Mike's email address and he's pretty quick at getting things fixed.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #3189
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mike (other one who runs the forums) sent this last night when I asked for someone else:

Usually turns out to be an Email Confirmation thing. They don't do the confirmation after they register. Easy enough to fix if I have the user name.

I'll go ahead and put you down for Washington in the quickly filling up PCC. I'll PM you Mike's email address and he's pretty quick at getting things fixed.
Thanks. I was wondering if there was an e-mail confirmation process, but I haven't seen anything come through (checked my junk folder too). I'll double-check the e-mail address I submitted for the forum.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #3190
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thanks. I was wondering if there was an e-mail confirmation process, but I haven't seen anything come through (checked my junk folder too). I'll double-check the e-mail address I submitted for the forum.

No problem, if it's not just email that address I PMed ya and it should lead you in the right direction.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #3191
Groundhog
Coordinator

Took the plunge as well.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:49 PM   #3192
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Took the plunge as well.

And I see who just took UCLA

Glad to have ya in the conf.

The league is filling up nicely with some good guys around here. I hope it continues.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #3193
Groundhog
Coordinator

Not sure if this would interest anyone except me, but I've never been happy with the (lack of) diversity in foreign players in FBCB. I've manually been updating them for years in my slow-sim universe, and this weekend I put together a little Python program that takes an export of all the incoming foreign recruits (via FBCB's print button from the recruits screen using the foreign player filter), and then generates replacement names/cities/countries for all of them, based on the nationalities of players in the last NCAA Div 1 season. There's 100 different name/country files.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the FBCB save directly to update the names. The script produces a report listing the current player, and his new details, and then it's still a manual process of editing the players.

It's currently a quick and nasty little command line tool, but if anyone thinks it's worth the time of me building it into a webapp or something, let me know.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:11 PM   #3194
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No problem, if it's not just email that address I PMed ya and it should lead you in the right direction.
It's weird - the confirmation e-mail hasn't made it into any of my Hotmail folders. It's not in my Inbox, not in my Junk. If I change my e-mail on record to a different account, will it try to re-send the confirmation? Or maybe I should just contact that admin and see if he can get me confirmed manually?
Old 04-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #3195
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Radi and Dawgfan, both guys that have been around. Awesome stuff. I'm liking where this is going.
This should be fun. It's been since back in the days when I was playing Simulated Sports that I've been in an online basketball league - it'll be fun crossing paths again muns!
Old 04-18-2015, 11:39 PM   #3196
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It's weird - the confirmation e-mail hasn't made it into any of my Hotmail folders. It's not in my Inbox, not in my Junk. If I change my e-mail on record to a different account, will it try to re-send the confirmation? Or maybe I should just contact that admin and see if he can get me confirmed manually?

Shooting mike the email is probably the best method. I know some new guys from here have gotten their confirmation so it must be working. I warned him it might happen with new users coming in. JusrJust remeber to give him the forum name you used there to speed it up.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #3197
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Stupid question, but I've been looking around and cannot find the info anywhere. Where do I put the league files?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:41 AM   #3198
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Open the game, got to load game, and click the open folder button. The save folder would go inside the folder that opens.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:42 AM   #3199
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v247.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.4.7 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.4.7 (04/18/15)
Changes:
*Added an editing screen for the high school database

Version 2.4.6 (04/13/15)
Fixes:
*Fixed error 9 that could occur during training if there are no mid major teams.
*Fixed bug that prevented html output from completing when using less smaller postseason tourney sizes.
*Fixed a crash during html output when sorting team stats.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:26 PM   #3200
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm interested in playing in the league. I usually get my ass kicked by "random" results in these kind of leagues.

Currently suffering through a major beatdown in the FOFC BBCF where the higher my prestige goes, the less talent I get.

I expect nothing less here. No idea where the link is though for the league
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote