Dola

The process is we both have to be on then you type

/gleader Lonn
Old 01-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #252
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Whoa. That's not too bad. My place lost power because of the rain, so couldn't do much.

and that was actually without ever leaving town...once you hit 15 now, you can start queuing for randoms, so 2 trips through RFC and one time through SFK on rested experience was all done from the middle of Exodar....its pretty convenient to be able to go to instances and right back to your trainer as soon as you are done.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #253
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
and that was actually without ever leaving town...once you hit 15 now, you can start queuing for randoms, so 2 trips through RFC and one time through SFK on rested experience was all done from the middle of Exodar....its pretty convenient to be able to go to instances and right back to your trainer as soon as you are done.

Very nice! I didn't even try to do instances until I was level 25 or 24. I would like to get to 30 by this weekend if my power ever comes back on. Oh wait...I can do this from work too...hmm.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #254
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hey boys. I am completely behind on my WoW. I am in my senior year at school and am swamped.

Just wanted to pop in, there is a new Werewolf game starting with a WoW theme. IT is a very basic gae, the WoW aspect is just for flavor, but if you were ever WW curious this would be a good time to join in.

Link to sign ups is below.

Werewolf 101, Terror at Blizzcon, Basic Game, Sign Up Thread - Front Office Football Central
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #255
Lonnie
High School Varsity

We got the guild leadership transferred tonight. I bought our first bank tab at 100g, next tab is 250g so don't junk this one up too much. However do feel free to put in nice items you thing someone else may need. I dropped some ink and glyphs in there.

Also anyone that is a member level or higher can invite other people now. This should help when anyone else wants to come play but can't find anyone on to invite them. Just do a /who trout and you should find if any of us are on and then message us for an invite.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #256
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

I need to come back then!

I created a Mage and got to level 30 but nobody was ever on.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #257
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Well don't necessarily take this as anyone is on... but the framework is in place.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #258
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan View Post
I need to come back then!

I created a Mage and got to level 30 but nobody was ever on.
i try to play "my FOFC toon" every monday night...i get on around 9 eastern
Old 02-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #259
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Hey is there still activity and room in the guild? I came back to WoW last weekend after becoming discouraged with the STO beta and EQ2's desolation, I've been on Greymane because a friend from work is there but he's not on much and he's 80 and I'm rerolling so....yeah.

Most likely I'll be Cincinnatus if the name is available.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #260
Lonnie
High School Varsity

A few people on every now and then.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #261
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

saldana still plays his shaman pretty much every week on mondays...he is up to 22 or 24 or somewhere thereabouts...Saltana is the toon name

i know he also spends alot of time on the Lothar and Lightninghoof realms...his toons there are the same as his screen name here (both horde if you are looking for someone to run with.

Last edited by Lathum : 02-06-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #262
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

My guild downed 10-Man Lich King today. Thought I'd brag where some people would actually care

The fight is suitably epic, though I must say I'm not a fan of the "put the really hard stuff in a phase that occurs late in the fight so the group has to put up with 5+ minutes of boring, easy crap before they even get to the real stuff" mechanics that Blizz seems to have employed with the Sindragosa and Lich King encounters. Similar to Kel'Thuzad back in Naxx, but with these two it seems to be to a greater degree. We downed him on our 2nd day of attempts - but we had wiped on him for 6 and a half hours today (including one wipe at 0.8%) before finally getting the kill.

The gear is underwhelming...the real jump is in heroic gear. I've had a hard time adjusting to a 10-man guild, however - I raided BC entirely in 25 mans, and until my recent return to the game (left a few weeks after Ulduar, came back the week they opened ICC) was also in 25-mans for WotLK. Now that we only seriously run 10-mans, it's difficult getting used to only running with "sub-par" gear.

I'm trying to also get a handle on how I feel about raid difficulty this expansion. I went from running my own guild made up of a bunch of really, really poor players (skill wise) who had become my friends while I learned how to play well, to forming a new guild with people who I wasn't quite as good friends with, but who were much better at the game. In this entire expansion, I've felt challenged exactly three times - Sartharion + 3 Drakes, Mimiron (we were a server 2nd pre-nerf kill) and the Lich King (also, for full disclosure, I left the game and wasn't able to experience Yogg or most of ToC as "current" content). Sindragosa and Putricide were slightly difficult, but not really a challenge. I don't know if I can honestly tell if the fights are easier, or it's just that I have surrounded myself with better players. The fact that once we got there, we one-shot Blood Queen Lana'thel was quite disappointing to me, especially since Putricide, Sindragosa and even Saurfang, to some extent, were noticeably more difficult than the bosses leading up to them.

I'll end the rant now...but damn, it feels good to have that Kingslayer title

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 04-04-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #263
spleen1015
Coordinator

Grats.

My guild just downed Sindragosa in 25 man.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #264
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
My guild downed 10-Man Lich King today. Thought I'd brag where some people would actually care

The fight is suitably epic, though I must say I'm not a fan of the "put the really hard stuff in a phase that occurs late in the fight so the group has to put up with 5+ minutes of boring, easy crap before they even get to the real stuff" mechanics that Blizz seems to have employed with the Sindragosa and Lich King encounters. Similar to Kel'Thuzad back in Naxx, but with these two it seems to be to a greater degree. We downed him on our 2nd day of attempts - but we had wiped on him for 6 and a half hours today (including one wipe at 0.8%) before finally getting the kill.

The gear is underwhelming...the real jump is in heroic gear. I've had a hard time adjusting to a 10-man guild, however - I raided BC entirely in 25 mans, and until my recent return to the game (left a few weeks after Ulduar, came back the week they opened ICC) was also in 25-mans for WotLK. Now that we only seriously run 10-mans, it's difficult getting used to only running with "sub-par" gear.

I'm trying to also get a handle on how I feel about raid difficulty this expansion. I went from running my own guild made up of a bunch of really, really poor players (skill wise) who had become my friends while I learned how to play well, to forming a new guild with people who I wasn't quite as good friends with, but who were much better at the game. In this entire expansion, I've felt challenged exactly three times - Sartharion + 3 Drakes, Mimiron (we were a server 2nd pre-nerf kill) and the Lich King (also, for full disclosure, I left the game and wasn't able to experience Yogg or most of ToC as "current" content). Sindragosa and Putricide were slightly difficult, but not really a challenge. I don't know if I can honestly tell if the fights are easier, or it's just that I have surrounded myself with better players. The fact that once we got there, we one-shot Blood Queen Lana'thel was quite disappointing to me, especially since Putricide, Sindragosa and even Saurfang, to some extent, were noticeably more difficult than the bosses leading up to them.

I'll end the rant now...but damn, it feels good to have that Kingslayer title

Is it weird that I have been playing WoW for close to 2 years and have almost no idea what any of this means?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #265
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Nah. Playing the game and end-game raiding are two extraordinarily different things. Not strange in the least
Old 04-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #266
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Definitely - I picked this back up a couple months back and one of my buddies who has been playing forever got me into his raiding guild. I have a lvl. 71 shammy, so I can't join them in the raids yet, but it is crazy hearing all the stuff they talk about (and how often they raid, heh). I would love to raid some day, I just hope it's with an understanding group (and not a hardcore guild like this one) - it's just a much different ball of wax than everything else.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #267
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Nice Spleen. I can't even imagine the chaos of LK on 25 man.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #268
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Nah. Playing the game and end-game raiding are two extraordinarily different things. Not strange in the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Definitely - I picked this back up a couple months back and one of my buddies who has been playing forever got me into his raiding guild. I have a lvl. 71 shammy, so I can't join them in the raids yet, but it is crazy hearing all the stuff they talk about (and how often they raid, heh). I would love to raid some day, I just hope it's with an understanding group (and not a hardcore guild like this one) - it's just a much different ball of wax than everything else.

Yeah, I know the game is so different on those levels and TBH I don't think I would have any interest in raiding. I can't handle anyone taking the game that seriously. I have seen the way people treat others in dungeons, I can't imagine how it would be in a raid group. Luckily I am competent enough to not have had problems.

I think I will be a little sad when I hit 80 since the end game stuff doesn't do much for me, I'll probably use that toon to get heirloom gear for other toons at that point.

My main is a 74 horde mage. I also have a 69 alliance rogue and a 57 warrior who I have gotten really good at tanking with. Plus a 32 prot pally that I tank with also, I do like insta queuing.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #269
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Grats Vince!

My guild got 10-man LK down a couple of weeks ago and is (I think) working on Dreamweaver in 25-man.

The raiding I do with my guild is much more casual. We have a "2nd team" for both people new to raiding (some of whom make the jump to progression) and those who can't/won't make the commitment to progression raiding (I'm in that group). So we do 25-man ToC, 10-man LK, VOA, the weekly & Onyxia once a week, and it's pretty fun. People learn stuff. A good number of up-and-comers get actual loot, and vent & raid chat is tons of fun.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #270
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Lathum, you may be surprised. If you can find a low-key group of people who are in it to have a good time, raiding can be a blast! Not everyone is as crazy as my guildmates and I are - we did the casual thing for a while, and decided we wanted to see all the content at its highest level. We weren't dicks about it, but we told the people that weren't carrying their own weight that we were going in a different direction. Obviously, some of them didn't take it well, but them's the breaks. I'm still very friendly with many of the people who didn't make the transition with us.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #271
saldana
Pro Starter

gratz Vince thats awesome!!!!

my guild is only up to putricide on 10 man (and i wasnt in the run when we downed rotface, so he is as far as I have been)

on 25 we dont do any continuation, so the only time I have gone in on 25, we only got through saurfang, and then precious and stinky before we called it for time.

i could probably get further if I were willing to join pug raids, but my guild master gets bent if we are saved when he wants to launch runs, so I ususally just wait for the group.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 AM   #272
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Nice Saldana - you're just starting to get into the interesting stuff in ICC. Putricide, Valithria and Blood Queen are all fun encounters!

A lot of the trick is to just keep moving - set a DPS up as loot master and have him distribute loot while everyone else moves forward and starts working on trash. You'd be absolutely amazed how much time you can save simply by doing that. If you can get yourself an impatient tank and healers that are paying attention, you can save even more time by chain-pulling things. We've managed to cut our 25-man PuG (we run an organized PuG every week, typically with only about 7-10 of our own guild) time to 45 minutes to 1 hour to down everything up to Saurfang. Little changes like that help tremendously, as you have SO much more time to work on the new content, and you start progressing at a much better clip.

Focus can really start to wane in a group that has been raiding for a few hours, and suddenly you're stumbling on things that you normally one-shot, tempers flare, and all sorts of bad things can happen. Tonight my own guild was brought back down to earth as we tried to finish our Ulduar Achievement run to earn our 310% speed Drakes. We cleared the first ten achievements Friday afternoon, and went in tonight to tackle Mimiron, Vezax and Yogg. We got Mimiron after only a few pulls, and Vezax on our second pull. Yogg completely stonewalled us, and two of our guildies actually logged off rather upset because our raid leader was calling people out for making stupid mistakes. Another big key is knowing when you've reached your limit and calling it a night so people don't get to that point.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 04-06-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #273
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Yeah, I know the game is so different on those levels and TBH I don't think I would have any interest in raiding. I can't handle anyone taking the game that seriously. I have seen the way people treat others in dungeons, I can't imagine how it would be in a raid group. Luckily I am competent enough to not have had problems.

I think I will be a little sad when I hit 80 since the end game stuff doesn't do much for me, I'll probably use that toon to get heirloom gear for other toons at that point.

My main is a 74 horde mage. I also have a 69 alliance rogue and a 57 warrior who I have gotten really good at tanking with. Plus a 32 prot pally that I tank with also, I do like insta queuing.

I am probably more in line with where you are at Lathum. The only places I have ever raided are Karahzan and Nax (the new one).

Last night I was doing the 5-man ToC on heroic, and we wiped on the memory (the dragon from Nexus), so the asshats in my group kicked me out because I was apparently the weak link. It pisses me off because I know it wasn't my fault that we wiped. I admit my DPS sucks, it was only around 1900 in that fight, but I was only 300 off from the next in line and the leader was only 2700 so give me an f'ing break.

I am still in the process of obtaining better gear with emblems, and I am probably going to change servers soon, with my Lock, Rogue, and DK.

I just hate the people that act like raiding is all that matters, and if you don't have all level 277 gear then you must suck...

BTW, grats Vince!
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #274
saldana
Pro Starter

unfortunately Vince, my guild runs tend to be very slow...we usually need a good 2-3 hours to get through saurfang, and that is with one-shots on all 4 bosses.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #275
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I am probably more in line with where you are at Lathum. The only places I have ever raided are Karahzan and Nax (the new one).

Last night I was doing the 5-man ToC on heroic, and we wiped on the memory (the dragon from Nexus), so the asshats in my group kicked me out because I was apparently the weak link. It pisses me off because I know it wasn't my fault that we wiped. I admit my DPS sucks, it was only around 1900 in that fight, but I was only 300 off from the next in line and the leader was only 2700 so give me an f'ing break.

I am still in the process of obtaining better gear with emblems, and I am probably going to change servers soon, with my Lock, Rogue, and DK.

I just hate the people that act like raiding is all that matters, and if you don't have all level 277 gear then you must suck...

BTW, grats Vince!

if your toons are horde and you are looking for a home, I have a 69 druid and 70dk on Lothar and an 80 hunter and 58 priest on Lightninghoof (with Lathums mage and warrior)
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #276
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
if your toons are horde and you are looking for a home, I have a 69 druid and 70dk on Lothar and an 80 hunter and 58 priest on Lightninghoof (with Lathums mage and warrior)

Which ones do you play on the most?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #277
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

lightinghoof
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #278
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i play probably 4 nights a week on the lightninghoof guys and only 1 or 2 on the lothar ones.

the hoof is PvP though, and lothar is just Normal, if it matters to you.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #279
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
lightinghoof

Quote:
i play probably 4 nights a week on the lightninghoof guys and only 1 or 2 on the lothar ones.

the hoof is PvP though, and lothar is just Normal, if it matters to you.

What are your characters' names? I may be making a move in the next week or so...
Old 04-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #280
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
What are your characters' names? I may be making a move in the next week or so...

My Hunter is Saldana and my priest is Samnu

Lathum's mage is Lathum, and his warrior is Laton
Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #281
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, what level are your guys?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #282
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
dola, what level are your guys?

My main is an 80 Warlock (Romagoth), my main alt is an 80 Death Knight, and I have an 70 Rogue, 70 Hunter, 30 Paladin, and 27 Paladin. The 27 Pally is horde on the Cho'gall server, so I would move him and not bother with the 30 Pally.

I am also interested in playing a mage.

Last edited by RomaGoth : 04-13-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #283
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
My main is an 80 Warlock (Romagoth), my main alt is an 80 Death Knight, and I have an 70 Rogue, 70 Hunter, 30 Paladin, and 27 Paladin. The 27 Pally is horde on the Cho'gall server, so I would move him and not bother with the 30 Pally.

I am also interested in playing a mage.

i saw that your main is Alliance...what about the others (DK, Rogue + Hunter)

the only guy that either Lathum or I have that is that high on the Ally side is his rogue (on Lothar)...my ally toon is only a 31 (pally on Lothar)

all our toons on Lightninghoof are horde, and my druid and dk (both 70s) are horde on lothar
Old 04-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #284
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
i saw that your main is Alliance...what about the others (DK, Rogue + Hunter)

the only guy that either Lathum or I have that is that high on the Ally side is his rogue (on Lothar)...my ally toon is only a 31 (pally on Lothar)

all our toons on Lightninghoof are horde, and my druid and dk (both 70s) are horde on lothar

All of them are alliance except the 27 pally, but I am looking at doing a faction change, I was always meant to be horde...
Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #285
saldana
Pro Starter

well assuming you dont suck, my main is in a pretty decent raiding guild...we do ICC 25 and 10 every week...we are only up to putricide.

we are pretty light on the locks too so if you are willing to come on some runs with, they usually invite free agents to join (and i will talk to the officers of course)
Old 04-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #286
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
well assuming you dont suck, my main is in a pretty decent raiding guild...we do ICC 25 and 10 every week...we are only up to putricide.

we are pretty light on the locks too so if you are willing to come on some runs with, they usually invite free agents to join (and i will talk to the officers of course)

I am not the greatest player but I try my best and I know my class. Just not sure if I have the time to commit to raiding, my wife hates WoW in the first place, so it is a constant struggle playing uninterrupted. I am also pretty sure that I don't have the DPS for ICC.

Still considering my options at this point, undecided on which server I want. Not a big fan of world PvP (goes along with the whole "uninterrupted" aspect of playing a game).
Old 04-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #287
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am willing to put in a good word for you if you want to join my Alliance guild on Alleria as a social member.

Dont Panic is the name of the guild.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #288
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I am willing to put in a good word for you if you want to join my Alliance guild on Alleria as a social member.

Dont Panic is the name of the guild.

I really appreciate the offer, but I am looking to change factions as well, kinda bored with alliance at this point. Thanks though!!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #289
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I haven't played WoW in 2 years, but I was bored tonight and looked at the Blizzard website. Is anyone here still playing? And if so...how come?

This expansion they are rolling out with Panda Bears is just fucking ridiculous. Blizzard has completely lost any semblance of sanity at this point. I am expecting to hear Jack Black's voiceover in the promos. This reinforces my belief that quitting it when I did was a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #290
Havok
College Starter

I just got back into Rift, and i have to admit, Trion is light years ahead of Blizzard when it comes to releasing content, listening to the fan base, and working HARD for their customers money.

Blizzard on the other hand, has totally lost its way. I played some in Cata and though it was jut god awful. The only good thing to me was the revamp of the old world content, which i thought they did a good job with. Leveling is much more fluid and fast, which is important with a level cap of 85.

And this new expansion is is just laughable.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #291
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I have heard really good things about Rift, but haven't tried it out yet. I haven't played WoW in a couple years either, but I did enjoy Cata for the short time I did play it - as Havok said, the revamping of the old stuff was pretty sweet. But it was mostly the same ol'. I haven't even looked at what new stuff their coming out with.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #292
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I haven't played WoW in 2 years, but I was bored tonight and looked at the Blizzard website. Is anyone here still playing? And if so...how come?

This expansion they are rolling out with Panda Bears is just fucking ridiculous. Blizzard has completely lost any semblance of sanity at this point. I am expecting to hear Jack Black's voiceover in the promos. This reinforces my belief that quitting it when I did was a good thing.

The Pandaren have actually been around since before Kung Fu Panda came out, but I agree. Poor ideas, poor execution. There's even talk of Illidan being resurrected.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #293
Groundhog
Coordinator

Pandaren? I can imagine the late-night "brainstorming" session that came up with that inspired name... Sheesh.

(Haven't played WOW in ... years)
Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #294
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

I quit when Cata came out. I really enjoyed the non-streamlined way that Warcraft was before. I liked the fact that the quests were all over the world and it actually took some time and planning to complete them. They still had this a bit in BC, but by the time Wrath came out everything was just spoon fed to you. Once Blizzard got rid of the old content, it pretty much destroyed the remaining fun I was having in the game.

I understand that the majority of their fan base are raiders, and they have to run their game to that base. It just wasn't that big of a raider, and I enjoyed the experience of leveling up characters.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #295
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I must be one of the only people in the world who likes what they are doing with the next expansion.

Edit: I'm pretty much a complete casual player at this point. Log in maybe three times a month. Used to be incredibly hardcore - server firsts raiding, have a level 85 character of every class, etc.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 03-23-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #296
Rizon
Pro Starter

I still play a couple times a week. Started a new toon for the first time in a few years and noticed it was ridiculously easy to level. I think I went some 50 levels before I died for the first time, but I got enjoyment out of leveling in zones I have never spent much time in.

The new expansion sounds stupid. Panda bears? C'mon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #297
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

The funniest thing is the models they have for these Panda Bears. Why would you ever want to hurt one, they are just so cute....then BAM....one slices you open from groin to chin and your last breath is spent with a ".....why.....I fed you bamboo at the zoo the other day and this is how you repay me?"

This has to be, by far, the dumbest idea I have ever seen in a video game.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #298
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I have heard really good things about Rift, but haven't tried it out yet. I haven't played WoW in a couple years either, but I did enjoy Cata for the short time I did play it - as Havok said, the revamping of the old stuff was pretty sweet. But it was mostly the same ol'. I haven't even looked at what new stuff their coming out with.

if you want to give it a shot, let me know and I'll shoot you over an 'Ascend-a-Friend' invite. You can play for free until level 20, then you'll have to pay to do more.

I'm only playing casually, but It's fun.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #299
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
if you want to give it a shot, let me know and I'll shoot you over an 'Ascend-a-Friend' invite. You can play for free until level 20, then you'll have to pay to do more.

I'm only playing casually, but It's fun.

How is Rift in regards to a computer's resources?

Quote:
Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #300
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
I quit when Cata came out. I really enjoyed the non-streamlined way that Warcraft was before. I liked the fact that the quests were all over the world and it actually took some time and planning to complete them. They still had this a bit in BC, but by the time Wrath came out everything was just spoon fed to you. Once Blizzard got rid of the old content, it pretty much destroyed the remaining fun I was having in the game.

I understand that the majority of their fan base are raiders, and they have to run their game to that base. It just wasn't that big of a raider, and I enjoyed the experience of leveling up characters.
Same here. It was fun because leveling a toon took time and it felt like ya accomplished something when you hit say level 30. Now they made it boring for me cause leveling to so damn easy. It was fun while it lasted. So now I play LOTRO which is a great game.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote