Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #301
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
How is Rift in regards to a computer's resources?

Hard for me to say exactly, as i run a pretty high end computer. But the graphics are excellent, as good as any on the market. (probably the best since swtor wasn't very impressive)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #302
thealmighty
Pro Starter

This may have been mentioned in a thread somewhere, but I have been playing WoW 1.12.1 vanilla on a private server and having a good time. Anyone else on a vanilla server?

I am on the Feenix Emerald Dream pure (relatively) vanilla 1x rates but there are others like a BC one and 12x leveling or insta 60, etc...
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #303
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
This may have been mentioned in a thread somewhere, but I have been playing WoW 1.12.1 vanilla on a private server and having a good time. Anyone else on a vanilla server?

I am on the Feenix Emerald Dream pure (relatively) vanilla 1x rates but there are others like a BC one and 12x leveling or insta 60, etc...

lol, I just posted in the BC thread that I've just got back into TBC (also on Feenix) .

People tell me Emerald Dream is still really buggy, is it ?
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #304
saldana
Pro Starter

how do you get on those servers?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #305
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
how do you get on those servers?

Vanilla wow private server | Blizzlike Realms

Guide to get the TBC game/realm :
2.4.3 TBC client download and install - Feenix - vanilla wow home

Guide to get the Vanilla game/realms :
1.12.1 wow client download and install - Feenix - vanilla wow home
Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #306
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Do these servers actually have an active raiding environment? Some of those raids they talk about are 40 men raids. Last time I played we couldn't get 10 people to commit to show up each week.

I haven't played since Heroic Dragon Soul progression and I quit b/c the guild I ran literally couldn't find 10 people who would show up each week and not either vomit in their mic or repeatedly wipe the raid.

Actually I probably would have accepted the latter 2 if they would have just showed up. Most nights we had about 8 show up and brought in a couple of pugs who had never seen the content we were doing and would end up causing us to die all night.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #307
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Do these servers actually have an active raiding environment? Some of those raids they talk about are 40 men raids. Last time I played we couldn't get 10 people to commit to show up each week.

I haven't played since Heroic Dragon Soul progression and I quit b/c the guild I ran literally couldn't find 10 people who would show up each week and not either vomit in their mic or repeatedly wipe the raid.

Actually I probably would have accepted the latter 2 if they would have just showed up. Most nights we had about 8 show up and brought in a couple of pugs who had never seen the content we were doing and would end up causing us to die all night.

I just found them this week, but their forums are pretty active. I can't speak for the 40 man stuff (I'm on the BC server) - but it is definitely populated. when I do a /who - there is always more 70s then the search allows, and always at least a handful of w/e level I had put in.

As far as being organized, there are a couple guilds on the server that have recruiting posts up, and they post their progress (which tells me they are able to regularly raid).

Also, I have been able to log right on each of the past 4 days - with the exception of Sunday afternoon. There was a 20 minute que. So, enough people were on to fill the server, and force a line to get in.

Last edited by DougW : 02-18-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #308
Blackadar
Retired

I've done something that I thought impossible. I've gotten sucked back into World of Warcraft. But not the Panda expansion. Or Wrath. Or even Burning Crusade. That's right, I found a private server and I'm playing vanilla World of Warcraft (patch 1.12). Original leveling curve, difficulty and so forth.

I'm level 11 1/2. It's taken almost 7 hours to get there. I've died a couple of times. I have no money. My priest is weaker than hell. There are some regular quests that I can't do because I can't kill stuff fast enough. You know what? I'm loving it. The challenge is back. The need to plan out your pulls, use every skill at your disposal and group up to complete goals is back. There's none of this "pull as many as you can" crap. The mobs offer a challenge and a careless pull or a fleeing mob can spell your doom.

I don't know Ben's policy about posting the link to a private Warcraft server, so if you're interested you can always PM me. I don't know how long I'll play. But THIS is the game I remember, knew and loved. I guess sometimes you can go home again.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #309
stevew
Hall Of Famer

what exactly does that mean? You don't have to pay the subscription fee?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #310
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
what exactly does that mean? You don't have to pay the subscription fee?

No. Not because I don't want to, but Blizzard doesn't offer the product any more. If they came out with an official vanilla server, I'd have been on it years ago.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #311
saldana
Pro Starter

so is anyone else besides me still playing?...Warlords comes out Thursday night and i am back into the game after about 6 months off, and am always looking for people to group up with
Old 11-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #312
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I still play
Old 11-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #313
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

My friends got me to grudgingly admit to coming back for Warlords, but now I'm hooked again damn it.

Stupid heirlooms from Garrosh.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #314
Blackadar
Retired

Nah, LOTRO remains my go-to MMO. I won't play for 6 months and then play a bunch for a month or two.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #315
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I re-subbed after a year off. As usual, lots of quality of life upgrades, and the new expansion looks interesting.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #316
saldana
Pro Starter

my battletag is Saldana#1117 if you want to add me...with the way crossrealm grouping works now, it doesnt matter what realm any of us are on...right now, all my 90s are horde, but i am working quickly on an alliance one (gone from 45 to 69 in a week)
Old 10-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #317
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If anyone wants to do old stuff or whatever, add me (AllyKat#1144)

trying to grind money for tokens (since I don't have a job currently, if I don't buy a token, I'm out)
Old 10-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #318
spleen1015
Coordinator

What are you grinding? Hitting the Cata raids on heroic each week will get you the gold for tokens. How much are tokens these days?
Old 10-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #319
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

35K ish. And yeah, I do the three cata raids (twilight, firelands, Blackrock) at 25H with my 100 Monk.. My 100 healy pally (raid healer) can't really do a bunch of that stuff at top level (making it worth while), since she's geared for healing.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #320
spleen1015
Coordinator

How is your garrison(s) setup? You can make ~1k per day there with the treasure hunter setup, do the JC daily every day.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:29 AM   #321
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I've been trying to grab the treasure hunter person every week from the inn.. don't have JC in either of my 100's. (Monk's Skin/LW, Pally is Mining/Skinning)
Old 10-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #322
spleen1015
Coordinator

You don't have to have the prof to get the building. What is your third building? Make it the JC building and you will get 200-300g per day from the daily quest. You need to have a JC follower assigned to the building for the daily quest.

That's 6k for your monthly token.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #323
spleen1015
Coordinator

Also, make sure your ilvl is 675 and you have 3 followers with an ilvl of 675. You will get the best treasure mission that way.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #324
spleen1015
Coordinator

Also, use the savage yard. The loot you get from the crates will boost your daily gold output. There's guides out there for making money with your garrison.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #325
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'm pretty sure I'm going to unsub and wait for Legion.

WoD started off awesome, and fell off a cliff the moment I finished the last quest available in the zones. Content added in patches (especially Tanaan) did nothing for me. Garrisons were fun at first and then became a grind. The shipyard had even less of a lifespan for me.

I've done all three raids on LFR and most of them about half-way through HFC on Normal with my guild. I have no real desire (like I did, say, with ICC) to complete HFC on Normal, or try Heroic or Mythic.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #326
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Also, make sure your ilvl is 675 and you have 3 followers with an ilvl of 675. You will get the best treasure mission that way.

ah, I've been stopping at 660.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #327
Critch
lolzcat

Jumped back in to WoW just over a week ago, first time for a few years. My account had gone (seems like somebody merged my account with a new battle.net one a few years ago, dont think it was me) so started from the level 0 again.

Playing totally single player, it all seems a bit simplified and accelerated since I was last on WoW. I've been racing through the levels with my goblin firemage, racking up gold and finding it difficult to actually die. Used to have to watch about pulling too many enemies at once, now I can single shot all but the toughest bosses. I'm not sure I like the changes.

Still dont really enjoy it but cant stop playing, got to level 58 in a little over a week.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #328
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I am as into the game as ever I have been. The changes at level 100 on the way to 110 have been fantastic. I would highly recommend pushing through until that point just to see.

At level 100, everything becomes very class-centric, so the developers have been able to design content specifically for the toolkit of the class you are playing. It does a great job of making you feel like you are playing a [Mage/Warrior/Rogue/etc] rather than just a generic adventurer, and rewards you for understanding how your class plays.

Once you reach max level, they've also done a pretty great job of clearing up the monotony that is grinding the same old daily quests with the new World Quest and Emissary system. There are now dozens of quests to do on a given day, spread throughout the entire new continent. They rotate, so you're not doing the same thing every day. They also have different rewards, so you can pick and choose the ones you want. Don't get me wrong: it's really the same old grind with quests that are slightly less repetitive than before. But the combination of being spread out over a whole continent and having diverse rewards that you can see in advance really helps to break up the monotony.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 01-31-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #329
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Playing totally single player, it all seems a bit simplified and accelerated since I was last on WoW. I've been racing through the levels with my goblin firemage, racking up gold and finding it difficult to actually die. Used to have to watch about pulling too many enemies at once, now I can single shot all but the toughest bosses. I'm not sure I like the changes.

Still dont really enjoy it but cant stop playing, got to level 58 in a little over a week.
That is the reason why I quit years ago. PVE is a joke. I wish it wasn't so. Then again I guess it's a raid game.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #330
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Yeah, if you aren't into the raid scene, the PvE segment of the game is fairly lackluster. Mythic+ dungeons are a nice, interesting dynamic, but they are very dependent on solid group fundamentals which are next to impossible to coordinate with pick up groups.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #331
Critch
lolzcat

Yeah, I'm not in for the raiding. Always play with the sound off so no voice chat for me.

I quit WoW after Burning Crusade so everything after lvl 70 will be new to me, so I'll be ok for my month's subscription and then I'll be out again.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #332
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

These days there is Looking For Raid which lets you see the raid without needing a guild or voice chat. It's EXTREMELY watered down (as in completely lacking difficulty), but it lets you see content you would otherwise not be able to see.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 02-01-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #333
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Anyone else still playing? The final raid boss of the newly released raid tier is the best encounter they have ever designed by a huge margin. So much so it seems hard to believe it's the same team who came up with it.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #334
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

On an MMO related front...

A group released a new Dark Age of Camelot free shard. Really well done, and after the original rush died, still hitting around 2000 concurrent players. Having great fun.

playphoenix.online
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #335
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Anyone else still playing? The final raid boss of the newly released raid tier is the best encounter they have ever designed by a huge margin. So much so it seems hard to believe it's the same team who came up with it.

I stopped playing again about a month ago.

What makes that encounter so good?
Old 02-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #336
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Literally everything about it. The visuals, the theme, the storyline payout, the mechanics...God the mechanics are so good! My group spent a full hour (about 8 pulls) wiping to it, and every pull our voice comms were full of awe about how awesome the encounter was. My officers and I (I'm the raid lead) had a meeting afterward to discuss how much fun we had that night. I immediately called my brother (who missed the raid) to rave about the awesomeness of the fight. It was a crazy experience, and quite possibly the most fun I've ever had playing the game.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:02 PM   #337
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

No.
But I am really looking forward to this summer when the release WOW vanilla.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #338
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I starter playing WOW Classic last week. Fun to go back to the original, less complex version. I am currently a lvl 14 mage. Just running around completing quests, nice time waster while we watch TV or whatever.

One thing I don't like is no dungeon finder. Old school method of basically running around spaming. There is an add on but it is kind of quirky. Thats really the only thing I would change.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:45 AM   #339
spleen1015
Coordinator

Which addon are you using? Is it Questie? That is the one I think that most folks use.

Classic is definitely a different animal than retail. Leveling is rewarding when you're looking forward to get something new with the next level.

No matter how many times I say I am done with WoW, I always go back. I think I will play it until the shut down the servers.

Funny. It all started here for me when SirFozzie started a guild for The Burning Crusade. I decided to give WoW a shot then.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #340
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am using Questie but thats not for finding a dungeon group. I think that add on is call LFG or something.

I haven't really dove into dungeons yet. One because I am still pretty low level, but I also don't really have the time.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #341
frnk55
High School Varsity

Haven't played in about 10 years. I quit when PVE got really easy and boring. I suppose the difficulty hasn't changed.
Going to play classic then maybe regular till I get bored.

I've never did this much running around in a game. I'm only level 13 and I played about 10 hours yesterday bringing back lots of memories.
I'd start regular wow too but I hate that 100% level increase!

Last edited by frnk55 : 06-13-2020 at 05:45 AM.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote