Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2020, 04:49 PM   #20251
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My cleaning lady is here. Usually she has a helped but the other one got a different job. I told my 7 year old daughter about it when she asked where the other lady was. My daughters response was "I guess it's better than cleaning peoples houses"

We then had a discussion about an honest days work.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #20252
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Who at McDonald’s decided it was a good idea to package drinks in bags instead of trays?

UberEats or regular Drive Thru? Fountain drinks for delivery are always a pita.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #20253
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
UberEats or regular Drive Thru? Fountain drinks for delivery are always a pita.

Doordash and regular. They gave me a bag today with a large diet coke and 3 juice boxes. I was like, WTF do I do with this?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:40 PM   #20254
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
About 11%, according to one source I finally found (you know me, I Google random shit to see if I can find answers)

That's 4th on the list of abuse by reason-for-taking (joint pain, neck pain, abdominal pain, back pain, arthritis are the top five). It does note that they make up a high percentage of "abusers", but that's due to the high number of possibles, not due to a higher rate.

And at 11% or so, that's a little below the overall rate that's usually cited (which is around 12%)

Thank you. That document confirmed a great deal of what I have seen anecdotally. I am batting 1.000 as far as that reason for taking list that was given. I am fortunate enough that the fear of becoming addicted to opioids is still much stronger than whatever pain I have to deal with.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:43 PM   #20255
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I wonder if my full time job was to do nothing but play games, and I spent 40 hours a week, 48 weeks a year playing them, if I would complete every game in my back log (360, PS4, Steam, Twitch, Epic) before retirement at age 65 (another 24 years)?
But at what point does one "complete" a sports sim with career mode, or more specifically a game like FOF?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #20256
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I have been to a doc for back & joint pain several times over the past few years and I've always found it remarkable how hard they were obviously going out of their way to NOT prescribe me any painkillers (and I wasn't even asking for them)....but a lot of that could've been contextual (high volume clinics & I was a new patient, etc.)
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:48 PM   #20257
21C
College Prospect

I ride my bike about 4 miles to work every day. I'm 56 and consider myself moderately fit for my age. I got halfway across a fairly busy road and waited at a pedestrian refuge. When there was a slight break in traffic, I started to pedal but my bike skipped a gear which caused me to overbalance and I hit the road with cars approaching. Thankfully they stopped to allow me to collect myself as I was a little shaken. Two days later and I am still hurting in different places and I am starting to feel my age more.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:28 PM   #20258
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Lots of positive hype surrounding that new Dune trailer. I was not impressed....it played mostly like a showcase for all the a-list talent involved, which seems like it could be a distraction just as much as a feature.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-10-2020 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:37 PM   #20259
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I support the rise of Detroit-style pizza.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:52 PM   #20260
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ever since Chipotle started promoting their delivery kitchen, their service got about 1000% slower. You're far better off to go in and live order, instead of getting stuck in the long line of delivery app orders. Those orders tend to run more than 30 minutes late at time, and impact the normal carry out orders as well.

Last edited by stevew : 09-10-2020 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:05 AM   #20261
stevew
Hall Of Famer

i really hate how certain hand sanitizers must have been made from boiled down vodka or beer or tequilla. They smell absolutely awful and make me want to puke.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:12 AM   #20262
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
i really hate how certain hand sanitizers must have been made from boiled down vodka or beer or tequilla. They smell absolutely awful and make me want to puke.

I don't know if I am familiar with those particular formulas, but I have definitely been impressed & confused by the incredible range of hand sanitizer smells. From "Oooh, a light pleasant coconut" to "what the fuck kind of unholy essence of dead crow & burnt hair??"
Old 09-11-2020, 01:18 AM   #20263
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I don't know if I am familiar with those particular formulas, but I have definitely been impressed & confused by the incredible range of hand sanitizer smells. From "Oooh, a light pleasant coconut" to "what the fuck kind of unholy essence of dead crow & burnt hair??"

Faber (sanitizer) makes a pretty good well vodka for the money, but they started bottling hand sanitizer during covid cause every other company was inept/overbooked. So if you take a hit of this shit on your hands, you smell like puke vodka

Last edited by stevew : 09-11-2020 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:21 AM   #20264
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
However, the regulations issued by the FDA strictly prohibit producers from making sanitizers that smell good — as that may encourage children and those unable to read the label to try and consume the substance.

Ethanol?
Why Does Hand Sanitizer Smell Like Tequila? Here's the Reason
Old 09-11-2020, 01:40 AM   #20265
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My week-
Monday-Toilet won't stop running water. Go to lowe's and buy a toilet repair kit. Tear apart the toilet and realize it's some funky design that is in the 1% that can't be fixed with generic toilet repair kits. This is after I've basically torn it apart, so our only toilet is down.

Tuesday-tear apart upstairs toilet, realize the wood is totally fucked around the flange. Tear apart a lot of stinky rotten wood. have to stop repair upstairs and i replace the previously broken random toilet in the basement that nobody uses

Wednesday-tear up the old flooring upstairs. If I'm going to fix the bathroom I may as well change out the old flooring. I must have really liked glue because i used an obnoxious amount of glue on the previous floor. It took hours with a multi-tool to remove 6-8 tiles, Try to sand up the old glue, it barely works. All along as I'm scraping, the old glue on the floor is stuck to my knees. I get up and it's like I'm being waxed on my kneecaps by the devil.

Thursday-finally take my first shower in days. I probably could have finished this project in 1 or 2 days but the kids are on zoom calls for school most of the day. Finally use a grinder to get all the glue off the floor. it's a mess, but it's all gone. No more sticky kneecaps. I replace most of the rotted wood. hopefully tomorrow I can rip out the old vanity and fix the rest of the subfloor. And then lay a new floor and toilet and vanity. such fun.

Last edited by stevew : 09-11-2020 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:24 AM   #20266
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

+1. And they are sticky. We have a bunch of local ones produced by the bourbon distilleries, and while I certainly appreciate them jumping in to fill a need, I'm glad the regular stuff is more readily available. I'm also concerned about the ones we leave in our cars blowing up. I'm guessing there wasn't a ton of oversight on how these were made.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:35 AM   #20267
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Without lines in a parking lot, there is chaos.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:39 AM   #20268
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Gravel parking lots at softball tournaments. Always fun.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #20269
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Does this Sentra feel like a compromise to you?
Old 09-11-2020, 12:08 PM   #20270
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

When it snows here and the lines are covered at work we probably lose a third of our parking spots because people can't park.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:24 PM   #20271
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Does this Sentra feel like a compromise to you?
No. My Sentra is the most loved car I have ever owned, just under my last Sentra.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:01 AM   #20272
Edward64
Head Coach

Gateway is selling computers (again?).

Back in the 90's it was Dell vs Gateway and then Gateway somehow fell off the face of the earth. I remember going to the post office (or maybe UPS) to collect my GW desktop and the lady said "oh, the cow box".

Gateway returns with a herd of laptops — and we're 'udderly' shocked! | Laptop Mag

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-12-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:28 AM   #20273
Edward64
Head Coach

Not sure it's a good idea but I like their initiative, creativity, and organizational & sales ability. Seems like self-segregation but I can see the appeal with the promise of a safer community for "my family".

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/fr...oro/index.html
Quote:
"Welcome to Freedom!" exclaims real estate agent Ashley Scott as she surveys the nearly 97 acres of land that she and a group of 19 Black families purchased in August.

"I'm hoping that it will be a thriving safe haven for people of color, for Black families in particular," Scott says.

The land sits just East of Macon in rural Wilkinson County, Georgia. Scott and her friend, investor and entrepreneur Renee Walters, didn't initially plan on buying a large plot of land, but they had a vision that was clear -- to create a safe space for their Black families.

"Being able to create a community that is thriving, that is safe, that has agriculture and commercial businesses that are supporting one another and that dollars circulating in our community, that is our vision."
Old 09-12-2020, 09:47 AM   #20274
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Gateway is selling computers (again?).

Back in the 90's it was Dell vs Gateway and then Gateway somehow fell off the face of the earth. I remember going to the post office (or maybe UPS) to collect my GW desktop and the lady said "oh, the cow box".

Gateway returns with a herd of laptops — and we're 'udderly' shocked! | Laptop Mag

Had to look it up since I'm a sucker for computer nostalgia. These are WalMart exclusives being made by Acer after Acer bought up the remains of Gateway in 2007

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #20275
PilotMan
Head Coach

How long until protests, especially at sporting events, have sponsors?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:19 AM   #20276
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

I thought they were already sponsored by George Soros or the Koch brothers.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:23 PM   #20277
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

They already have the leagues and the networks, not sure how much more room is on a bandwagon that already resembles a TWD walker herd.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #20278
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
They already have the leagues and the networks, not sure how much more room is on a bandwagon that already resembles a TWD walker herd.

Like I said in the other thread. The sure way to kill a movement is to appropriate it for your own. Corporate sponsorship, league led 'statements', end up becoming useless.

F1 already has done it too. Everyone just stands on a line and either kneels or stands for a moment of silence. Only Lewis is up there with his protest shirt and makes the actual statement. The rest might as well be saying the pledge of allegiance. Just one more rote thing with pressure to participate, which just makes the people who don't, get all the attention.

Like Steam?

Old 09-14-2020, 11:02 AM   #20279
Edward64
Head Coach

Hmmm, must be my lucky day.
Quote:
Attorney Richard Gardiner
Mon 9/14/2020 11:20 AM
I am Attorney Richard Gardiner, a solicitor to a client who died due to a brief illness (Heart Attack)in 2007 and left a fixed deposit of 14.8 Million Pounds in a Bank here in the United Kingdom without leaving any next of Kin.I am writing you to seek your consent to present you as his next of kin as you both have the same last name.

What i am proposing is 100% risk free and i guarantee that you stand to make a lot of money for yourself.I can prepare all the documents to back my claim and have these funds transferred to you in less than 2 weeks and we can both split the proceeds.Kindly get back to me in receipt of this email.

Please note that you will not be required to pay for anything regarding this.

Attorney Richard Gardiner
Advocate
Old 09-14-2020, 11:18 AM   #20280
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I googled Richard Gardiner and he died in 1489. Something is not quite right about this email.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #20281
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I googled Richard Gardiner and he died in 1489. Something is not quite right about this email.

Sounds like the start of an adventure through space and time!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #20282
BYU 14
Coordinator

From the extremely inconsequential pet peeves file. I do exhibit some OCD signs with some things, so this may stem from that.

My wife will constantly stop the microwave with heating something with time left and it drives me mildly nuts when she doesn't hit reset to put the timer back a 0:00 LOL.

I never say anything because it is so stupid and trivial, but every time I see 0:19, 0:42, 0:09 etc i am cursing her under my breath
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #20283
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
From the extremely inconsequential pet peeves file. I do exhibit some OCD signs with some things, so this may stem from that.

My wife will constantly stop the microwave with heating something with time left and it drives me mildly nuts when she doesn't hit reset to put the timer back a 0:00 LOL.

I never say anything because it is so stupid and trivial, but every time I see 0:19, 0:42, 0:09 etc i am cursing her under my breath

This is me.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:50 PM   #20284
sabotai
General Manager

So my brakes on my car started squeaking. Good timing as my car is due for an oil change and other routine maintenance. I go to the website to get the phone number of my usual place but it's not there anymore. Looks like they're trying to get people to just use their website now, so I do that (fine by me, I fucking hate talking on the phone for literally any reason)

I fill out the form to schedule an appointment and pick the option to have several things done. Oil change, top off fluids, brake check, tire rotation, etc. I go back and forth on including a comment about my breaks squeaking. I mean, it should be obvious that they are when they take a look, right? (Right? I'm clueless when it comes to cars but I'd imagine my brake pads, or at least one, will be obviously in need or replacing). But I add the comment "My brakes are squeaking"....then I delete it. Then I add in "My brakes occasionally squeak". Then I delete it...

Then I tell my neurotic mess of a brain to just add a comment about my brakes squeaking and hit the submit button already.

"Occasionally here my brakes squeaking" is the comment I left.

god damn it...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #20285
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

My wife and I, almost in unison: "I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT AT WORK!"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:18 AM   #20286
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My wife can’t finish a can of soda. It’s so gd annoying.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #20287
Ksyrup

Same with my wife and daughter. Half-empty cans of pop on the table or in the fridge nearly every day.

The other annoyance - my wife refuses to drink out of a can, so everything has to go into a cup with ice. Disgusting. Plus, more to clean up for no damn reason.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-15-2020, 08:05 AM   #20288
spleen1015
Coordinator

We had that issues with water bottles a long time ago. We stopped buying water bottles for home consumption and have Hinkley deliver water.

Hinkley has great water.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #20289
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The other annoyance - my wife refuses to drink out of a can, so everything has to go into a cup with ice. Disgusting.

I don't get the "disgusting" part here, but, yeah, wife and daughter leave their half-drank (if that) seltzer cans all over the damn house.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-15-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #20290
Ksyrup

Because within milliseconds, the melting ice waters down the pop. And there's just something distinctly unsatisfying about drinking pop out of a cup unless you're out to eat and get it from a machine. I refuse to buy 2 liters for that reason - pop doesn't taste anywhere near as good unless it's out of a can.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #20291
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cherry Coke with ice in a glass is my favorite beverage. Alas, I have not had soda since March 8, 2013.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:40 AM   #20292
Ksyrup

I would get a new favorite beverage if I couldn't drink my favorite beverage!

For me, the ice completely ruins the drink because it takes the bite away. That's the best part of pop. I want it to hurt going down.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:47 AM   #20293
Kodos
Resident Alien

I usually drank it quickly enough that the melting wasn't a problem.

Now I mostly drink water or green tea.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #20294
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I don't get the antipathy towards drinking soda out of the cup with ice. It's perfectly fine if you drink quickly enough. Besides, that's the best way to add rum and lime juice .
Old 09-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #20295
Ksyrup

Instant watered down drink. Plus, the ice gets in the way of a good chug/burn.

My usual is to put a can in the freezer for about 20 minutes to get it right up to the point where it is about to start turning into slush, then I drink it in about 3-5 minutes.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:03 PM   #20296
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
We had that issues with water bottles a long time ago. We stopped buying water bottles for home consumption and have Hinkley deliver water.

Hinkley has great water.

Okay, this is where I get revenge on my wife for the microwave being stopped early and not reset LOL. I drink so much water during the day that there are always a couple of unfinished water bottles around and it drives my wife as nuts as microwave habit drives me
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:16 PM   #20297
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If there isn't ice to munch with/after the drink, my interest is already limited.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:44 PM   #20298
Ksyrup

Can't do that - ice hurts my teeth. Like, hours later they will start throbbing. Sucks getting old.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:23 PM   #20299
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I don’t get pouring a perfectly cold beverage over ice. That’s a waste of dishes.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:36 PM   #20300
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I would get a new favorite beverage if I couldn't drink my favorite beverage!

For me, the ice completely ruins the drink because it takes the bite away. That's the best part of pop. I want it to hurt going down.

I bet you would've made a great girl.

Like Steam?