Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Funny Pet stories

After the wathcing the video in the Animal cruelty thread I thought it might be time for a more light hearted thread about animals.

We have three Min Pins and a Boxer and if you own a Min Pin you know they love vegtables. So as a treat we give all the Dogs frozen Green Beans, including the Boxer who now likes vegtables by default, so he is not left out.

So the other day I call them for treats (we have a keyword they all understand) and they all come in and sit down as usual. The first in line is Duke, one of the Min Pins. I gave him his Green Bean, then moved down the line giving the other Dogs theirs. Duke finished his and quickly ran around to the end of the line and sat down again as if he hadn't gotten his treat yet. I looked at him and he just sat there looking at me with a "Can I have my Green Bean?" look on his face as if I wouldn't notice his trickery.

I ended up giving him an extra one for creativity, Dogs 1 owner 0

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

It was a long, long time ago back when my first cat had cancer in his leg. Well my mom had big ole piece of meat. She picked up the one with cancer and brought him over to it so he could get first dibs. After a couple minutes of him chowing down, she said the "treat" word, and another cat came running full speed into the kitchen where he lost his footing and slid into a cabinet.

Our fat cat was like a personal alarm. Every time the doorbell would ring he would run to the door and start growling. He also would continually bang his head against our bedroom doors at 5am until everyone would wake up. When he passed away, our last cat picked up the practice.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
JediKooter
Coordinator

Used to have an Alaskan Malamute that would only eat potato chips if they had dip on them. Give her a chip without dip, she would just spit it out.

The last cat that I had was actually really good about not eating people food, except for cake type donuts and milk that had cereal in it. She would not drink any milk if there had been no cereal in it.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
After the wathcing the video in the Animal cruelty thread I thought it might be time for a more light hearted thread about animals.

We have three Min Pins and a Boxer and if you own a Min Pin you know they love vegtables. So as a treat we give all the Dogs frozen Green Beans, including the Boxer who now likes vegtables by default, so he is not left out.

So the other day I call them for treats (we have a keyword they all understand) and they all come in and sit down as usual. The first in line is Duke, one of the Min Pins. I gave him his Green Bean, then moved down the line giving the other Dogs theirs. Duke finished his and quickly ran around to the end of the line and sat down again as if he hadn't gotten his treat yet. I looked at him and he just sat there looking at me with a "Can I have my Green Bean?" look on his face as if I wouldn't notice his trickery.

I ended up giving him an extra one for creativity, Dogs 1 owner 0

One of my Min Pins is a scam artist with food.

I often feed the dogs before my wife gets home. If I'm upstairs when she comes home, he'll do his routine of going to the kitchen and sitting nicely waiting to be fed.

Freakin' scam artist min pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

Lola is our choclolate lab:

Funniest story so far is her non-stop campaign to try and get our cat (Sophie) to like her. Sophie does not like her. Lola's butt and tail wag so fast when she sees Sophie that I worry she is going to dislocate something. She'll even get down on her stomach with all four paws flat on the floor to show she has no ill-intentions. Of course she constantly raids Sophie's food so it probably won't ever work.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Lola is our choclolate lab:

Funniest story so far is her non-stop campaign to try and get our cat (Sophie) to like her. Sophie does not like her. Lola's butt and tail wag so fast when she sees Sophie that I worry she is going to dislocate something. She'll even get down on her stomach with all four paws flat on the floor to show she has no ill-intentions. Of course she constantly raids Sophie's food so it probably won't ever work.

She is adorable, great pic.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

The scammer in question:

Pharaoh and Isis - 200508 005

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 05-28-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

To add another one about our fat cat. Whenever I would eat ice cream he would put forth the maximum amount of effort in order to get into the bowl. I was finishing up some Ben & Jerry's one night, just eating it out of the container. After I finished I let him lick it. Well he got his head stuck in the container. I don't think he even noticed.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
The scammer in question:

Nice pic, Min Pins always look so innocent while they are constantly thinking of ways to eat more.

I have a friend that owns one as well and she showed me a pic a while back and hers looked like a balloon. I mentioned she was a bit overweight and it turns out she was giving her the same amount as I feed mine and she couldn't figure out the problem.

Fast forward a few weeks and she came home early to find Evie out of her kennel downing the other dogs food, which she would just leave out since the other dogs nibbled throughout the day......Eventually she figured out that Evie would climb out of her Kennel finish all the Dog food in the house and then climb back in to the Kennel before she got home.

Our youngest Min Pin is a climber too and we had to get him an enclosed Kennel because he scaled the 30 inch high open Kennel we had like a Monkey. I was just shocked hers was smart enough to get back in the Kennel after she finished eating the other Dogs food.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
The first in line is Duke, one of the Min Pins.

Growing up I had a beagle named Duke. Awesome story
Old 05-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #11
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Nice pic, Min Pins always look so innocent while they are constantly thinking of ways to eat more.

I have a friend that owns one as well and she showed me a pic a while back and hers looked like a balloon. I mentioned she was a bit overweight and it turns out she was giving her the same amount as I feed mine and she couldn't figure out the problem.

Fast forward a few weeks and she came home early to find Evie out of her kennel downing the other dogs food, which she would just leave out since the other dogs nibbled throughout the day......Eventually she figured out that Evie would climb out of her Kennel finish all the Dog food in the house and then climb back in to the Kennel before she got home.

Our youngest Min Pin is a climber too and we had to get him an enclosed Kennel because he scaled the 30 inch high open Kennel we had like a Monkey. I was just shocked hers was smart enough to get back in the Kennel after she finished eating the other Dogs food.

I heard before I bought my first one about the climbing, but didn't really believe it.

Then within a few months he climbed out of a temporary enclosure at my brother's house. Thankfully we always had closed kennels, so it wasn't an issue.

They are absurdly smart.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #12
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

This is probably as good a place as any to post this:
What Did You Do? - My Crazy Black Cats

This is a link to my cat blog. Last night the cats discovered my wife's yarn stash. The story is told in pictures.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

When I was in the 7th grade, we got a 3 year old black lab. He was a BIG dog, not especially fat at the time, but huge, easily 90 lbs, and if he got up on his hind legs, he could easily put his front paws on my shoulders. The first night he was in the house, my mom was at the counter, preparing a pot roast that we were going to have for dinner. She walked away from the pot roast for a second to grab something off another counter and next thing we here is "No! Luke! No!" Turns out, he'd "stood up" and grabbed the entire pot roast off the counter and was proceeding to eat it. We ended up with pizza for dinner that night (which worked out wonderfully for me, as I am not a fan of pot roast).

Needless to say, we learned our lesson about leaving food unattended..
/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote