Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #251
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

haha, I like her religous views
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #252
Rizon
Pro Starter

This just happened this morning. My friend literally lives a block away from his job. Total bike time: less than 5 minutes, 4 1/2 of those waiting at 2 stop lights for the WALK sign to come on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (43.1 KB, 337 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #253
lungs
Pro Rookie

"I just wanna get out of here now and spend time with Lucy and Trinity and get my family going again. Basically that's all that matters to me. They come to visit me a couple times in jail for the first time ever which is awesome. Lucy seems to be really digging me and looking really good and I just wanna get out of here and see them, exercise a bit, maybe eat better and try to quit smoking."

Followed by comment: " I'm going to quit smoking cigarettes first, and then, you know, work off the dope or whatever eventually... although, I don't know."

Oh, and I posted that. It's a quote from trailer park boys

Last edited by lungs : 05-12-2011 at 11:38 AM.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #254
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
She must be REALLY skinny if you guys can't find her.
I'm not saying this to be mean or offensive toward Ksyrup or his cousin, but what you said above is pretty much reality for me. I totally missed her. I must've scrolled past her a dozen times in Ksyrup's friends list without noticing her. Now I see.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #255
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I'm not saying this to be mean or offensive toward Ksyrup or his cousin, but what you said above is pretty much reality for me. I totally missed her. I must've scrolled past her a dozen times in Ksyrup's friends list without noticing her. Now I see.

Would love to see if I run into the same thing, but, alas, I am not on the list of Ksyrup's friends.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #256
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

same for me
Old 05-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #257
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Would love to see if I run into the same thing, but, alas, I am not on the list of Ksyrup's friends.
The only reason he added me is because I threatened to do him if he didn't. So you might want to try that.

"Add me or I'll do you."
Old 05-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #258
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I did a search for KSyrup on Facebook. Didn't come up.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #259
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

I'm looking through you
Where did you go?
I thought I knew you
What did I know?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #260
Ksyrup

BTW, I'm not offended or anything. The profile pic isn't exactly easy to see, but it's definitely not the standard. She was using another one that stood out more before the current one.

If you're saying she's not hot, well then, that's cool because she's my cousin and I don't prefer to think about her in those terms anyway. But she is from Michigan, and in my experience that needs to be taken into account on a sliding scale kinda way.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #261
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
The only reason he added me is because I threatened to do him if he didn't. So you might want to try that.

"Add me or I'll do you."

Interesting strategy. I just might try that.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #262
JediKooter
Coordinator

Here's a gem:

Quote:
My WORST Day is far better with Jesus then My BESTday in the World without HIM!

Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #263
Radii
Head Coach

I need a verdict from the group:

Friend from high school signed up for a charity bike event to raise money for AIDS research. He signed up in February, goal to raise $3000 in donations by June. He posted a link on his facebook page in early March. Two issues:

1) He's updating his status to thank people that donate by name, I guess its supposed to be nice but it really feels more like peer pressure to meet a goal than sincerity.

2) He's updated his facebook page 38 times since March 1st. 37 of those updates have been either thanking people for donating or asking for more donations(directly or indirectly), usually both in the same post.

Example w/ name removed:

"John Doe pushes today's total to $375. Hot damn. Can we hit $500? A man can dream."

am I just a heartless asshole who must really love AIDS and hate humanity due to the fact that I find this extremely annoying, or do I have a legit reason to de-friend or ignore or whatever?

Last edited by Radii : 05-12-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #264
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
am I just a heartless asshole who must really love AIDS and hate humanity due to the fact that I find this extremely annoying, or do I have a legit reason to de-friend or ignore or whatever?

Assuming this is specifically what makes you crazy with him & not just one thing amongst many, simply put him on hide until after the event is over (you'll almost certainly know the date because I'd be shocked if he doesn't have an Event set up for it as well ... unless you've hidden that already).

I've come close on someone otherwise harmless lately myself. I think it's great she's running 5k for cancer research but damned if I'm not at least mildly annoyed after hearing about it 3x per day for over a month (not counting the all the sponsor thank yous).
Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #265
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm HIV Positve that Radii is being insensitive.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #266
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Spoiler

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 05-13-2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: --Spolier alert
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #267
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dude, FFS, spoiler!

Last edited by Lathum : 05-12-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:48 AM   #268
21C
College Prospect

Old 05-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #269
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dude, FFS, spoiler!

Sorry. I don't watch the show, so I didn't even think in those terms.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #270
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Sorry. I don't watch the show, so I didn't even think in those terms.

+1
Old 05-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #271
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Here's a gem:

Oh boy
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #272
AnalBumCover
College Starter

A broken record with this guy:

Quote:
love will find me! i am done looking for it. officially!

and later:

Quote:
Spring is in the air. I am amazed at how many dorky guys I have seen with gorgeous women today. Time to be a dork I guess.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #273
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
A broken record with this guy:

and later:

Looks more like a broken clock than a broken record (broken clock being right 2x a day, broken record playing the same bit over and over). Although in that case the "time to be a dork" line doesn't really fit...so it's not perfect.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-13-2011 at 11:03 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #274
mckerney
Coordinator

A friend of mine posted a link to a Chris Brown music video and a girl commented, "If there were really only men out there like that!" Facepalm worthy on several levels...
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #275
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Setup: A girl who works at the bowling center added me as a Facebook friend, but she didn't add my wife. That's not really weird. She talks to me a lot more than she talks to my wife. Last night, my wife and I went bowling, and we were the only customers all evening.

When I got home last night, I saw that the girl had posted something on her Facebook page about a rude customer. Now, I didn't know who the rude customer was. Hell, it could've been somebody who had been there and left earlier in the day, or maybe she was referencing somebody from last week or whatever. I had no idea. As a joke, I replied with "I can see this, you know. " as if I thought she was talking about me. Then I went to bed.

Forward to this morning. I see notifications in my email that she replied multiple times to my comment. She said things like "I don't care" and "She thinks she can be rude and I have freedom of speech and can say whatever I want". So I just shrugged it off until I noticed that she unfriended me. Whoops. The rude customer must have been my wife.

Honestly, I don't get into female shit, so if this girl thinks my wife is rude, I really don't care. That's their thing. I actually tried to add the girl back as a friend and sent her a message through Facebook saying that she misunderstood my comment. If she had called my wife out by name on her original rant, I would probably be upset, but she didn't. She just said "a rude customer".

Anyway, I'm guessing that she'll just ignore my friend request and my message, which is fine. I just think the whole thing was a misunderstanding, so I'm trying to set things back to the way they were.

I guess this is more just a generic Facebook rant as opposed to a pathetic post, but I figured this was as good a place as any.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:03 AM   #276
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This year July has 5 Fridays 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui. Those who read and do not copy will be without money. So let's all try our luck at this and see what happens (I'm about ready to check the trees)

umm, yeah... once every 823 years....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #277
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
This year July has 5 Fridays 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui. Those who read and do not copy will be without money. So let's all try our luck at this and see what happens (I'm about ready to check the trees)

Dude, no shit, my mom got the same thing except my mom doesn't use a computer. Some crazy whackjob she used to know printed out that quote or proverb or whatever the fuck it's supposed to be and MAILED it to her. I thought it was effin bizzare behavior.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:41 AM   #278
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

I have (more than once) gotten this as an email forward from my mother, mentioned that it was wrong, and then been conscripted to write out the reasoning so that my mom can send it to all her email contacts.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:44 AM   #279
Suicane75
Coordinator

WHY ARE THEY ATTACKING OUR MOTHERS!!!
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #280
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I got that one last October (but then it was about October, though still the claim was 823 years).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #281
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
WHY ARE THEY ATTACKING OUR MOTHERS!!!

because they are dimwits
Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #282
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Dude, no shit, my mom got the same thing except my mom doesn't use a computer. Some crazy whackjob she used to know printed out that quote or proverb or whatever the fuck it's supposed to be and MAILED it to her. I thought it was effin bizzare behavior.

I can tell you're younger than me.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #283
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Tell them it happens every few years and feng shui is bullshit that has nothing to do with the number of days in a month and try to get a response other than, "lol that doesnt change the message"
Old 05-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #284
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Too many multi-posts to quote them here but I'm pretty sure my wall has hit a new high in lows this afternoon.

Mother (a celebrity of sorts in the area where I grew up) posts multiple times requesting prayers for her daughter, who is "unconscious & in very bad shape"... After 15-20 responses of concern/support/etc, she says

"I have to go now, the ambulance is here"
Old 05-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #285
Dreghorn2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Too many multi-posts to quote them here but I'm pretty sure my wall has hit a new high in lows this afternoon.

Mother (a celebrity of sorts in the area where I grew up) posts multiple times requesting prayers for her daughter, who is "unconscious & in very bad shape"... After 15-20 responses of concern/support/etc, she says

LOL, no way, that is very funny.
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #286
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreghorn2 View Post
LOL, no way, that is very funny.

Believe me, I couldn't make up half the shit she posts/is connected to.

She's an odd case on my f'list, someone that I really don't know but added anyway. Like I said, she's a local celeb of sorts, hosts this odd sort of down home style morning talk show on the local cable system there. As I told my son earlier, she's the okay kind of batshit insane: the kind that doesn't affect my life one iota & I can follow strictly for the entertainment value. A late middle-aged redneck version of Charlie Sheen if you will.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #287
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Thank you for this, I needed a good laugh today. That is amazing.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #288
ColtCrazy
College Starter

One of the couples that lives in my subdivision are constantly dolling up their 1 year old for pageants. The father is a sport friend (useless for everything else, but can talk sports) and he pretty much let's the crazy mother do what she wants. She's mentioned spray on tans in the past. She also got banned from a "like" contest because she abused the link by posting it nearly everywhere repeatedly.

Anyway...In the past 18 hours, she's made 9 different posts. The first was at 3:15 in the morning, talking about how the baby is sick the day before the pageant. Does that stop her from going? Oh hell no. We then get hourly updates on who she is thanking for helping with the wardrobe, wishing her own 1 year old good luck because that's useful, another post about getting ready and finally finding "fluffy socks". Finally, a post about how the kid got one ranking, the day wasn't great, but she was proud anyway. Ten minutes ago, the last post was how the mother is now emotionally drained.

And these are the people that keep breeding.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #289
Izulde
Head Coach

I find "beauty pageants" for anything below the age of teenager troubling.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #290
sabotai
General Manager

Beauty pageants for kids and babies are very creepy to me. I mean, I know it's all about the mothers and not the kids to those women....but you can't find another way to try to use your kid as a prop? You have to dress them up like 18+ year olds? (And ever notice how the mothers of these kids are....less than average looking?)

And then I saw on the news that there is this woman who injects her child with botox...

Last edited by sabotai : 05-15-2011 at 08:41 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #291
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Beauty pageants for kids and babies are very creepy to me. I mean, I know it's all about the mothers and not the kids to those women....but you can't find another way to try to use your kid as a prop? You have to dress them up like 18+ year olds? (And ever notice how the mothers of these kids are....less than average looking?)

And then I saw on the news that there is this woman who injects her child with botox...

No kidding...talk about batshit insane...

And it certainly doesn't help that they've got TV shows devoted to them now (or at least they did, I know my wife has watched them before just for the "these people are nuts" value, heh)
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #292
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Setup: A girl who works at the bowling center added me as a Facebook friend, but she didn't add my wife. That's not really weird. She talks to me a lot more than she talks to my wife. Last night, my wife and I went bowling, and we were the only customers all evening.

When I got home last night, I saw that the girl had posted something on her Facebook page about a rude customer. Now, I didn't know who the rude customer was. Hell, it could've been somebody who had been there and left earlier in the day, or maybe she was referencing somebody from last week or whatever. I had no idea. As a joke, I replied with "I can see this, you know. " as if I thought she was talking about me. Then I went to bed.

Forward to this morning. I see notifications in my email that she replied multiple times to my comment. She said things like "I don't care" and "She thinks she can be rude and I have freedom of speech and can say whatever I want". So I just shrugged it off until I noticed that she unfriended me. Whoops. The rude customer must have been my wife.

Honestly, I don't get into female shit, so if this girl thinks my wife is rude, I really don't care. That's their thing. I actually tried to add the girl back as a friend and sent her a message through Facebook saying that she misunderstood my comment. If she had called my wife out by name on her original rant, I would probably be upset, but she didn't. She just said "a rude customer".

Anyway, I'm guessing that she'll just ignore my friend request and my message, which is fine. I just think the whole thing was a misunderstanding, so I'm trying to set things back to the way they were.

I guess this is more just a generic Facebook rant as opposed to a pathetic post, but I figured this was as good a place as any.
Update to this: She re-confirmed me as a Facebook friend, but she deleted her original wall post about the rude customer. I can't wait to see if she has anything to say about the whole thing when I see her on Thursday. OMG DRAMA IN THE BOWLING CENTER
Old 05-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #293
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OMG DRAMA IN THE BOWLING CENTER

Almost certain to debut as a reality show later this year.

Alas, Pumpy will be referred to off-screen but never shown. The masses simply couldn't handle the Pumpstache.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #294
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
OMG DRAMA IN THE BOWLING CENTER

Quote:
Almost certain to debut as a reality show later this year.

I was going to go with "that would make a decent band name"...but reality show title works too.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #295
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I was going to go with "that would make a decent band name"...but reality show title works too.

It could work as both really.

I was thinking of it as the tag line for the reality show press releases, with a working title of "7-10 Split" for the show itself.

The band & show could even cross promote.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #296
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
One of the couples that lives in my subdivision are constantly dolling up their 1 year old for pageants. The father is a sport friend (useless for everything else, but can talk sports) and he pretty much let's the crazy mother do what she wants. She's mentioned spray on tans in the past. She also got banned from a "like" contest because she abused the link by posting it nearly everywhere repeatedly.

Anyway...In the past 18 hours, she's made 9 different posts. The first was at 3:15 in the morning, talking about how the baby is sick the day before the pageant. Does that stop her from going? Oh hell no. We then get hourly updates on who she is thanking for helping with the wardrobe, wishing her own 1 year old good luck because that's useful, another post about getting ready and finally finding "fluffy socks". Finally, a post about how the kid got one ranking, the day wasn't great, but she was proud anyway. Ten minutes ago, the last post was how the mother is now emotionally drained.

And these are the people that keep breeding.

Maybe this belongs in the pet peeve thread, but...

I hate that...ALOT. People wishing luck, happy birthday, etc to people NOT EVEN ON FACEBOOK.

I've seen:

Quote:
It's my Mom's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

I guess I am supposed to feel "what a sweet son/daughter, wishing his/her mom a happy birthday". I end up feeling "What an idiot, why are you trying to impress the rest of us into thinking you are a sweet son/daughter for wishing your mom a happy birthday, when you should just be telling her!? Don't tell us!"
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #297
Ksyrup

I get the opposite from my wife - all the other husbands tell their wives how much they love them or post happy birthday/anniversary, but you don't. And I'm like - if I actually went to FB and actively posted, then you'd have a beef. But I don't. I thought that maybe a face-to-face comment would mean more to you.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #298
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

Not try to start a riot on a "sports" message board, but I'm sure some could say the same thing about parents that push their kids into sports...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #299
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Maybe this belongs in the pet peeve thread, but...

I hate that...ALOT. People wishing luck, happy birthday, etc to people NOT EVEN ON FACEBOOK.

I've seen:

I guess I am supposed to feel "what a sweet son/daughter, wishing his/her mom a happy birthday". I end up feeling "What an idiot, why are you trying to impress the rest of us into thinking you are a sweet son/daughter for wishing your mom a happy birthday, when you should just be telling her!? Don't tell us!"
Same reason why people say, "I miss you dad." about their dead father. Or ask family members to put a family member in their thoughts. *shrug*
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #300
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Not try to start a riot on a "sports" message board, but I'm sure some could say the same thing about parents that push their kids into sports...

If you're talking about parents who force their young children to concentrate year round on a single sport and sending them to every expensive camp and instructor they can I wouldn't disagree with you, depending on what, "push their kids into sports means." There's a big difference between parents who sign their elementary or middle school kid up for a rec basketball league at the Y even if they don't really want to because they think it would be good for them to get some exercise, meet some new friends and learn things like teamwork and the parents who make their kid play tennis his whole life while spending hundreds of thousands of dollars so their kid will get a college scholarship. I think even on a sports message board you wouldn't find many who think forcing a kid into a sport so they'll look good is much different than parents who make their kids do beauty pageants.

Last edited by mckerney : 05-16-2011 at 02:30 PM.