Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #801
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I'm a nerd yet this tread has taken an incomprehensible turn for me.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #802
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

It's on Amazon, but comes with a Steam code. $2.99 digital download. Love this game.

Amazon.com: You Don't Know Jack [Download]: Video Games

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-15-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #803
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I picked up "The Witcher 2: The Enhanced Edition" off a Steam sale in November for $7.50. I never played the first one, but decided to fire up "Witcher 2" over the weekend.

I am really enjoying it. I am about 11-12 hours into it and so far, so good.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #804
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I picked up "The Witcher 2: The Enhanced Edition" off a Steam sale in November for $7.50. I never played the first one, but decided to fire up "Witcher 2" over the weekend.

I am really enjoying it. I am about 11-12 hours into it and so far, so good.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Not sure how many times I've said how much I enjoy this series, but I really think it is great.

It's not too late to stop and play the first one first! Witcher 2 quite literally picked up where the first one left off and alot of the references may be things that you would get better if you played the first one. You probably don't even realize some of the references you aren't getting!
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #805
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Not sure how many times I've said how much I enjoy this series, but I really think it is great.

It's not too late to stop and play the first one first! Witcher 2 quite literally picked up where the first one left off and alot of the references may be things that you would get better if you played the first one. You probably don't even realize some of the references you aren't getting!

I am almost 100% positive that I don't even realize almost all of the references I am not getting. They really throw a lot of lingo your way and it's a pretty interesting and detailed world that I just have the barest of understandings of.

Maybe I would be better served trying the first one. I picked that one up as well on a Steam sale.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #806
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've also been playing the Witcher 2. I usually start games like this on the hardest or second hardest difficulty level. I've had to dial this one all the way back to normal already. The game is no joke difficult.

Also, completely awesome.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 01-15-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #807
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I've also been playing the Witcher 2. I usually start games like this on the hardest or second hardest difficulty level. I've had to dial this one all the way back to normal already. The game is no joke difficult.

Also, completely awesome.

Yes. I played through the tutorial and after my stunning display of skill the game actually recommended I play on easy. That was a little too easy, so I switched it to "normal", which is good enough. It's not ridiculously hard, but you still need to approach most encounters tactically to be successfull.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #808
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

is it FPS style?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #809
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

No it isn't a FPS.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #810
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It IS, however, one of those RPG's that carries over your save. You make a bunch of choices in the first game and it "shapes" the world and narrative of the second game. Is one of the reasons I always suggest people don't just jump into the 2nd game.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #811
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
is it FPS style?

It's a third person RPG.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #812
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I really need to get back to finishing the 1st. I hate when I get sidetracked - I always have such a hard time jumping back in.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #813
Qrusher14242
High School JV

the first one was really cool..great atmosphere and story. Started the 2nd one but its much harder than the first one(although a few of the bosses in the first were really hard). Still need to go bad and finish it, doesn't run very good on my old pc
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #814
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

"10,000,000" is $2.99 today. Great little indie dungeon crawl puzzle game if you haven't tried it out. Hours of fun.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #815
MJ4H
Coordinator

Awesome Indie Games for Free - TheFreeBundle

FREE

Not steam but too bad, I'm putting it here anyway.

Last edited by MJ4H : 01-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #816
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Some games I have been following on and off finally got Greenlit on Steam:

Eador: Masters of the Broken World (estimated release: Q1 2013), The Age of Decadence (estimated relased October 2013), War For The Overworld (estimated release Aug. 2013).
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #817
mckerney
Coordinator

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is now available on Steam.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #818
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

I'm as big a BG fan as there is, but have to say the Enhanced Edition has been underwhelming. Not much of a graphics overhaul from what I've seen so far.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #819
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

really? WTF! What is the point of enhancing it if you aren't going to change anything. What exactly is enhanced?

BTW if you want enhancement go play Kings Quest 1, 2, 3. THey are all free. And they were given the same treatment as KQ5-7 with voice acting and point and click and all, before they were all plain text adventures.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #820
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

here: Adventure Game Downloads
Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #821
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead Spock View Post
I'm as big a BG fan as there is, but have to say the Enhanced Edition has been underwhelming. Not much of a graphics overhaul from what I've seen so far.

Personally I don't think I'll pick it up unless it's available for real cheap, the Infinity Engine mods I've used for Planescape: Torment work really well for playing in larger resolutions, if they work as well with BG it's probably better to stick with the modded GoG version.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #822
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well you might not want to get the Baldur's Gate game on Steam...

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition now available on Steam | News | PC Gamer
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #823
PilotMan
Head Coach

Steam Announces Steam Guides

News - Steam Guides Available Now

Gives players the opportunity to create their own playing guides for games to share, complete with the ability to embed videos and other things.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #824
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Steam Announces Steam Guides

News - Steam Guides Available Now

Gives players the opportunity to create their own playing guides for games to share, complete with the ability to embed videos and other things.

They are also going to be available in game for some games, starting with Dota 2.

Last edited by mckerney : 01-17-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #825
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well you might not want to get the Baldur's Gate game on Steam...

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition now available on Steam | News | PC Gamer

According to what I read on the Steam forums this may be a little misleading. It seems most people think "2011" refers to the year, when actuality it refers to the version of the game. The game is currently on version "2012" according to those forums which simply means that the last patch has not yet filtered through the Steam approval process.

That is according to what I read on the forums, also according to those same forums the dev for this game is being a big baby, and honestly I agree after reading some articles and tweets. He is bitter and bitching about Steam taking a cut of the sale. He seems anti-Atari and anti-Steam and seems to think that he should be entitled to the entire cut of the sale.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #826
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I think everybody starts off anti-Steam until the sales start rolling in and they discover just how many gamers they previously did not have access to.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #827
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I think everybody starts off anti-Steam until the sales start rolling in and they discover just how many gamers they previously did not have access to.

The biggest reason they did the enhanced edition was to bring people to the Beamdog platform so it's not too surprising to hear that from them.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #828
Ryan S
Quarterback

I have 13 DOTA 2 invites, so if anyone is interested, PM me your steam user ID.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #829
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #830
mckerney
Coordinator

Top TF2 item makers yoink $500k a year, "we cannot compete with our customers" says Gabe | News | PC Gamer

Quote:
Gabe threw out some really concrete and large numbers to illustrate his point. “The most anybody has earned in a single year is $500,000, so they’re making content, selling it to other customers, and we have a revenue share with those people and their takeaway is $500,000.

“The first two weeks that we did this we actually broke Paypal because they didn’t have – I don’t know what they’re worried about, maybe drug dealing – they’re, “like nothing generates cash to our userbase other than selling drugs”. We actually had to work something out with them and said “no … they’re making hats.”

I knew I should have spent my childhood learning to model and texture virtual hats!

There was someone who just had something like 6 item sets accepted into Dota 2, really curious what kind of revenue that's going to generate.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #831
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #832
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I had a blast playing Bastion, on sale for 3.74 right now. Highly recommend it.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #833
mckerney
Coordinator

Some interesting additions to the Steam content directory, in addition to Brutal Legend that was found a couple days ago.

Quote:
La-Mulana
The Splatters
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+)
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Fez
LucasArts Test App
Fast and Furious 6
Lococycle
Yogventures!
Hardware
Hardware (Demo)
Dyad
Cut the Rope
Shadow Warrior Complete
Hardware (VIP)
Hardware (Internal)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
Retro/Grade
Resident Evil: Revelations
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH
Quantum Conundrum 2
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
The Witness
Angry Birds Space
Angry Birds Seasons
Second Life

Some are games that were greenlit like La Mulana, Otcodad and Yogsventure, then there's Fez which was coming at some point after the exclusivity with Microsoft ended, though the Halo games are a pretty big surprise. Being in the CDR doesn't mean it will be released, but it does mean there was at least some discussion between Valve and the publisher. So Microsoft has at least considered putting Halo 3 on the PC, which is interesting.

Last edited by mckerney : 02-03-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #834
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Steam has Test Drive Unlimited 2 for 5 bucks. I was looking for a driving game that was less intense than let's say the SimBin stuff or F1. Is it worth the buy? My last experience with this franchise might have been the original or maybe TD 2. I didn't want anything that was super-arcadey with no differences in the cars. If the majority tells me it's not worth the fiver then...well...enough said.

Also, how bad is the DRM? According to Steam it has SecurRom. If that's going to eff up my Win 7 machine that will also make me take a pass.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #836
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

WTF doesnt even begin to convey the WTFness of this......
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:20 AM   #837
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

This actually looks interesting

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #838
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
This actually looks interesting

ok. it looks interesting? ahhhhh. it was 420. am or not. well in that case, proceed.

Like Steam?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #839
mckerney
Coordinator

It looks like Microsoft may be looking at putting Age of Empires 2 on Steam. There's a registry entry listed as a part of Microsoft Game Studios subscription under the name Kaos with the AoE2 icon as a logo. Would be great if its a sign Microsoft is putting more of their games on Steam, though I'd be happy with the Age of Empires games on any service.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #840
spleen1015
Coordinator

If the AoE games get put in Steam at a good price, that would be awesome. I never played 3 and barely got into 2. I loved the first one.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #841
mckerney
Coordinator

What happens when an indie game gets onto Steam.

Gamasutra - Features - Defender's Quest: By the Numbers, Part 2

Last edited by mckerney : 02-21-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #842
PilotMan
Head Coach

COD Black Ops II Multiplayer and Gratuitous Space Battles Multiplayer are free til tomorrow afternoon.

Like Steam?

Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #843
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
What happens when an indie game gets onto Steam.

Gamasutra - Features - Defender's Quest: By the Numbers, Part 2

I loved that arrticle, thanks for sharing

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #844
mckerney
Coordinator

Looks like Rise of Nations is the next classic RTS that will be making its way onto Steam.
ValveTestSub 1665 Comp · SubID: 1665 · Steam Database
Old 03-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #845
mckerney
Coordinator

Games that look like they're coming to Steam soon, some previously console exclusives.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Pinball FX 2
Mortal Kombat 9
King of Fighters XIII
Halo 3 (Previously spotted in Steam DB, now seen referenced in latest ATI drivers)
Deadpool (Unreleased but not announced for PC yet)
Skulls of the Shogun (Currently only available on PC through Windows 8 store)
Final Fantasy VII (The enhanced edition currently only available through Square Enix)
Prey 2 (Hasn't been announced, but Steam achievements spotted for it)
Quake Live
Joe Danger
Strider (Japanese arcade game)
Resident Evil: Revelations
Knights of Pen & Paper (Mobile game)
Fez (Officially announced today)

Also, Pro Evolution Soccer is finally available in the US.

Last edited by mckerney : 03-19-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #846
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

interesting
Old 03-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #847
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Skulls of the Shogun is a lot of fun.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #848
mckerney
Coordinator

Steam now has a section for early access games for unreleased games you can preorder and get immediate access to the beta.

Early Access games on Steam

Probably something they should have done earlier after issues with games like Towns in the past.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #849
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah this Early Access thing seems pretty cool - I might pick up Patterns which looks neat - kind of Minecrafty but with some really cool ideas. Under the Ocean also looks potentially super cool.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob

Last edited by Peregrine : 03-20-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #850
Tasan
College Starter

Kerbal Space Program is now on Steam, in the "early access" section. I highly recommend this one if you don't have it already. I know we have a thread on it somewhere here, but I thought I'd point out this new fact here in the Steam thread.