Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #901
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Thanks for the help. Im up and running again.

So what solved it?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #902
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Guns of Icarus Online—Adventure Mode by Muse Games — Kickstarter
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #903
Blackadar
Retired

Ok, the most bizarre thing happened on Steam yesterday. I'm not upset, but I am more than a bit mystified. I have my Steam account. I own Torchlight on it.
My son has his own Steam account. He owns his own version of Torchlight on it. I don't play on his computer. He doesn't play on mine.

He has Torchlight II and wants me to get it so we can play co-op. I went to load up Torchlight to see how many hours I had played on the game and what level my character was. I hadn't loaded Torchlight in many moons and Steam decided to update the game - the "first time setup" stuff. When I logged in to my surprise my character was gone. The entire character list was comprised of my son's characters. I went and looked at the saves and each one of them was dated 3/31 and dated at the time I was looking at the files, meaning they were written to my PC when Steam did the setup.

I have no idea how this could happen and no plausible explanation for this whatsoever.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #904
Critch
lolzcat

http://store.steampowered.com/app/23..._7_7_151_150_1

Lords of Football - part Football Manager, part The Sims. You know it's going to be totally dire and it's going to be on sale for about 7.99 in a months time, but jeez I'm having a hard time resisting.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #905
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
http://store.steampowered.com/app/23..._7_7_151_150_1

Lords of Football - part Football Manager, part The Sims. You know it's going to be totally dire and it's going to be on sale for about 7.99 in a months time, but jeez I'm having a hard time resisting.

It's getting hammered in early user reviews on Metacritic. Think I'll wait for the 75% off deals.

Here's a 30 min video of the game if you'd like to see how it works. Guy talking is speaking in a different language, but the screens are in English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50hQzGM_zSE

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 04-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #906
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's getting hammered in early user reviews on Metacritic. Think I'll wait for the 75% off deals.

Yeah, not the best $30 I've ever spent. Havent got as far as a game yet, but from the youtube link it looks like that's crap too.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #907
Qrusher14242
High School JV

anyone still playing Guns of Icarus Online?

IndieGameStand - Today's Deal: Guns of Icarus Online

$1 for the game and beat the average for the game + costume pack and soundtrack. Today (4/18) only
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #908
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Anyone (else) getting Injustice: Gods Among Us? I'm more of a Marvel guy than DC, but I'm a sucker for super hero games.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #909
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead Spock View Post
Anyone (else) getting Injustice: Gods Among Us? I'm more of a Marvel guy than DC, but I'm a sucker for super hero games.

I'm not much of a fan of fighting games, but this one does look interesting. With the 2011 Mortal Kombat game from the same developer heading to PC I think I'm going to wait to see if Injustice follows suit though.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #910
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Played a bit of Injustice tonight with my roommate and a friend. I'm a fighting game scrub, they're competitive tournament players.

It was still a good time, though it was instantly clear that I am completely outclassed in this group. The superhero nature of the characters leads to completely over-the-top moves. Superman uppercuts someone into orbit, then flies up and smashes them back down to the ground, for example. That being said, controls are tight, the combo system isn't as rigid as some other fighting games, and it's fun. There are some pretty cool mechanics in that you can utilize the environment, picking up a car and smashing it onto your opponent, or juggling your opponent off the helicopter in the background.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #911
mckerney
Coordinator

Gah, looks like this isn't something done by Valve but a demonstration of some other tech.

Last edited by mckerney : 05-05-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #912
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone play Eador Masters of the Broken world?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #913
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Cleaned out a bunch of unplayed stuff to make room for the new X-Com game that I had bought but not installed. I just did a play of it to get to a saving point, and I already have a feeling my guys are going to die a lot. I might have to take notes after I keep screwing up to see what options I use that end up working the best.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #914
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

Really liking the improvements compared to FE.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #915
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Anyone play Eador Masters of the Broken world?

I played it for about an hour or so. I found it pretty underwhelming.

I then switched to Fallen Enchantress. Similar type of game and better than Eador. I just downloaded the Legendary Heroes expansion last night and look forward to getting involved in that.

If you're looking to scratch your fantasy turn-based itch, I would probably go for "Warlock: Master of the Arcane" over Eador, I think. Warlock isn't the greatest game, but I had more fun with it than the other.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #916
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

Really liking the improvements compared to FE.

Glad to hear! I have two weeks off coming up - in between jobs - and want to get involved in some new game.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #917
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

I then switched to Fallen Enchantress. Similar type of game and better than Eador. I just downloaded the Legendary Heroes expansion last night and look forward to getting involved in that.

If you're looking to scratch your fantasy turn-based itch, I would probably go for "Warlock: Master of the Arcane" over Eador, I think. Warlock isn't the greatest game, but I had more fun with it than the other.

I haven't played it yet but I'm going to be starting Eador soon (picked it up in pre-order for the copy of Genesis and since I had some funds from selling some items on the Steam marketplace). It might be worth noting that the RPS review said the game got a lot better after the first couple hours as you don't encounter much of the depth or complexity before that point.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #918
mckerney
Coordinator

Was thinking of picking up Kenshi from Steam's early access section and just found I had a Steam key from and alpha indie fort bundle on gamers gate. Should probably pay more attention to what I am purchasing.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #919
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I haven't played it yet but I'm going to be starting Eador soon (picked it up in pre-order for the copy of Genesis and since I had some funds from selling some items on the Steam marketplace). It might be worth noting that the RPS review said the game got a lot better after the first couple hours as you don't encounter much of the depth or complexity before that point.

This could very well be the case. I just haven't had the time of late to really dig into it.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #920
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks.. I skipped Eador for now since I'm really into FE: LH. Even in Beta, it's taken all my free time.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #921
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Glad to hear! I have two weeks off coming up - in between jobs - and want to get involved in some new game.

It's fabulous, especially if you liked FE. Seems to run faster too, can't wait to get some more hours with it tonight.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #922
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
It's fabulous, especially if you liked FE. Seems to run faster too, can't wait to get some more hours with it tonight.

I am still a bit on the fence on FE. I haven't been terribly successful with that game yet. I haven't done a deep dive.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #923
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am still a bit on the fence on FE. I haven't been terribly successful with that game yet. I haven't done a deep dive.

I am getting better, but it is a steep learning curve, at least for me.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #924
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I am getting better, but it is a steep learning curve, at least for me.

Very steep for me too.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #925
chinaski
College Prospect

Where can I get the beta for FE? Is it only for folks who preordered?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #926
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Where can I get the beta for FE? Is it only for folks who preordered?

Buy the game and it downloads the beta.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #927
chinaski
College Prospect

and speaking of which.... FE on sale for $10.19
Save 66% on Fallen Enchantress on Steam
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #928
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
and speaking of which.... FE on sale for $10.19
Save 66% on Fallen Enchantress on Steam

Great price for a really good game if you like Civ type games.

That should allow you to get 50% off FE: Legendary Heroes

I've been playing the heck out of the latter and played a good amount of the original.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #929
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Great price for a really good game if you like Civ type games.

That should allow you to get 50% off FE: Legendary Heroes

I've been playing the heck out of the latter and played a good amount of the original.

If someone already had Warlock and wanted a similar style game, then a $10-spot for FE isn't all that bad of a deal. But if someone has neither, then I think Warlock is the better game - and cheaper to boot. FE is a mediocre Civ-style game with limited strategy options. Note that I have 30+ hours of time in both FE and Warlock, so I've gotten my time out of each.

Now LH may improve the game substantially (I haven't played LH), but even if LH improves the game the total cost of acquisition is $30 (LH @ $20 and FE @ $10). Is it significantly better than Warlock, which can be had for a $5 spot every time it goes on sale?

Last edited by Blackadar : 05-10-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #930
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
If someone already had Warlock and wanted a similar style game, then a $10-spot for FE isn't all that bad of a deal. But if someone has neither, then I think Warlock is the better game - and cheaper to boot. FE is a mediocre Civ-style game with limited strategy options. Note that I have 30+ hours of time in both FE and Warlock, so I've gotten my time out of each.

Now LH may improve the game substantially (I haven't played LH), but even if LH improves the game the total cost of acquisition is $30 (LH @ $20 and FE @ $10). Is it significantly better than Warlock, which can be had for a $5 spot every time it goes on sale?

I'll add Warlock to my next game to purchase after I've exhausted LH.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 05-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #931
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

I'd recommend the Armageddon DLC to go along with it.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #932
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post

I finally got to play with the LH expansion the other night. It does improve the game substantially. It's a much better game now.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #933
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I finally got to play with the LH expansion the other night. It does improve the game substantially. It's a much better game now.

Indeed.. it's almost like a major patch and well worth the $20 I spent on it.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #934
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks to Mckerney looks like I'm going to dig into Warlock tonight.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #935
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I have two 75% off coupons for Shogun 2 on Steam if anyone wants one...Makes it a $7 game.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-13-2013 at 07:50 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #936
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I'll take one if available.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #937
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yup
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #938
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what's your steam name?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #939
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

matthean
Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #940
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

System Shock 2 is on Steam and for $6.99(30% off) right now.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #941
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Think you have to add me as a friend before i can gift it to you
Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #942
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

1 down, 1 to give
Old 05-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #943
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, sorry about that. Thanks although this likely means I have to buy everything else now.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #944
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I have two 75% off coupons for Shogun 2 on Steam if anyone wants one...Makes it a $7 game.

I've got one of these as well if anyone wants it. I'm pretty sure you do have to be friends with me to get it though. I'm nwscooter on Steam.

Last edited by scooter : 05-14-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Added Steam name
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #945
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I would love one as well. I get confused by screen name vs login but I believe screen name is Draft Dodger. I'm in the FOFC group
Old 05-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #946
JPhillips
General Manager

I also have two to give away.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #947
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I would love one as well. I get confused by screen name vs login but I believe screen name is Draft Dodger. I'm in the FOFC group

I'll hit you up with one after work.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #948
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Think I'll get System Shock 2 for $7.. for those who have played it, did you download any of these graphical mods?

Steam Community :: Guide :: System Shock 2 Modding Guide

Quite a fantastic job by these modders:

http://imgur.com/a/1BjFg
Old 05-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #949
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

So is the Summer Sale coming soon?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #950
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
So is the Summer Sale coming soon?

We are around 2 months away from the Steam Summer Sale. Last year it started in mid July.

Amazon.com has a huge sale on right now, so that might be worth checking out.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote