Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #51
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

How are these people fans? That was the perfect time to try to make a move and they were led around like sheep.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #52
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
How are these people fans? That was the perfect time to try to make a move and they were led around like sheep.

What type of move could they make? They were outnumbered 4-3. There was zero chance of getting any of the 4 to flip.

As for the favorites, getting rid of Matt was smart. It doesn't matter if they lose challenges now (since they can just vote off Michael and Julie if they do), so strength isn't an issue.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
What type of move could they make? They were outnumbered 4-3. There was zero chance of getting any of the 4 to flip.

As for the favorites, getting rid of Matt was smart. It doesn't matter if they lose challenges now (since they can just vote off Michael and Julie if they do), so strength isn't an issue.

They saw how the team reacted to the blow up last week and who did or didn't speak up to defend Phillip. That means that there is a crack. They needed to find that crack instead of buying their heads in the sand.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #54
Thomkal
Head Coach

The producers must have been shaking their heads at the makeup of the new teams-talk about overkill-can't see Phillip's team winning another challenge if they are primarily physical ones.

Last edited by Thomkal : 03-22-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #55
korme
Go Reds

Couldn't have worked out better for Reynold or Eddie. They were dead in the water and now they're on a team of young athletic guys. Game changer.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #56
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
The producers must have been shaking their heads at the makeup of the new teams-talk about overkill-can't see Phillip's team winning another challenge if they are primarily physical ones.

Or maybe that was the plan!
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #57
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey, I don't watch Survivor anymore, but someone I know made reference to it and I am trying to make sense of it. So what happened with the exit/tribal council last week? Thanks!

And don't tell me Google is my friend, I think you guys will give me a better synopsis.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #58
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Last week or two weeks ago? Last week was just a bad decision by followers to fall in line (in my opinion at least). Two weeks ago was a major psychological break by one of the players. He dumped out the team's rice (after threatening to pee in it at one point) and started calling out another player. Sadly, he was correct in most of what he was saying but he just went overboard exponentially with how he reacted.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #59
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
They saw how the team reacted to the blow up last week and who did or didn't speak up to defend Phillip. That means that there is a crack. They needed to find that crack instead of buying their heads in the sand.

There may be cracks, but they can't be exploited now. The breakdown on the tribes is now 4 favs-3 fans. There was no way Corinne, Dawn, or Cochran were going to take Phillip out and make it a 3-3 tie on their tribe. That would be incredibly stupid.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #60
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Last week or two weeks ago? Last week was just a bad decision by followers to fall in line (in my opinion at least). Two weeks ago was a major psychological break by one of the players. He dumped out the team's rice (after threatening to pee in it at one point) and started calling out another player. Sadly, he was correct in most of what he was saying but he just went overboard exponentially with how he reacted.

Sounds like two weeks ago. Nice. He should have peed in the rice.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #61
Suicane75
Coordinator

I really wish they would start trying to freshen Survivor up a bit. I doubt they'd ever go back to 1 tribe, 1 camp, but I think I'd like to see it, at least for a season or two.

Do reward challenges early for individual luxuries. Win the challenge, get a sleeping bag and a pillow, crap like that. It's been too much of the same for too long now, except for the horrid castoff gimmick they did for a few seasons.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #62
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I really wish they would start trying to freshen Survivor up a bit. I doubt they'd ever go back to 1 tribe, 1 camp, but I think I'd like to see it, at least for a season or two.

Do reward challenges early for individual luxuries. Win the challenge, get a sleeping bag and a pillow, crap like that. It's been too much of the same for too long now, except for the horrid castoff gimmick they did for a few seasons.

I would like to see them play as one tribe from the start and just randomly select teams for each challenge. The losing team for that immunity challenge goes to tribal.

That way players really have to open up their game as they will never know if they will be on the short end of the stick come the next time they are at tribal.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #63
saldana
Pro Starter

so i was travelling last week so just watched the most recent episode yesterday...corinne really screwed the pooch...if she wanted to get rid of phillip and knew he was going to demand that "stealth r us" split their votes between julia and michael, all she had to do was go to the two of them and say, vote phillip, then vote with them and he would have been gone.

she is an idiot (but not as much of one as phillip)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #64
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
so i was travelling last week so just watched the most recent episode yesterday...corinne really screwed the pooch...if she wanted to get rid of phillip and knew he was going to demand that "stealth r us" split their votes between julia and michael, all she had to do was go to the two of them and say, vote phillip, then vote with them and he would have been gone.

she is an idiot (but not as much of one as phillip)

Cochran already showed earlier in the episode that he's not willing to take out another Favorite this early when Phillip was trying to argue for Corinne being voted out. If she attempted this, it would've been unsuccessful.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #65
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Cochran already showed earlier in the episode that he's not willing to take out another Favorite this early when Phillip was trying to argue for Corinne being voted out. If she attempted this, it would've been unsuccessful.

she didnt need cochran though...phillip was splitting the vote 2 and 2, and mike and julia voted for each other, so all she needed was mike and julia to vote phillip plus her own vote would have made it 3-2-1, and bye bye pink underwear
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #66
molson
General Manager

She might not have known about the composition of the split vote. There was something at the very end about Phillip telling Corinne they were all voting for one or the other (I forget which one), or at least, the editors were trying to give that impression (it wasn't totally clear.) Still, I agree, that might have been Corinne's best shot.

Last edited by molson : 04-03-2013 at 01:59 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #67
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yeah if Phillip, Cochran, and Dawn voted for Michael, then it would've been 3-3 and she'd decide if she wants to keep Michael so bad, she'd be willing to draw rocks. Even if her plan succeeded in the 3-2-1 scenario, then she is basically switching over to the Fan's tribe and putting herself in a precarious position postmerge in the same way that Cochran mentioned to Phillip earlier in the episode.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #68
larrymcg421
Head Coach

So I'm not going to be defending Corinne tonight. She made two incredibly stupid moves tonight...

1) You're ready to make a move. Phillip is saying he wants to split the votes. Why do you say no? If Phillip and the others used a split vote strategy, then they could've taken Sherri out earily.

2) Picking who to bring along in the alliance. She picked Dawn, which shows she hasn't been paying attention and noticing that Cochran and Dawn are an obvious duo.

As for Eddie and Reynold, they screwed themselves by getting into a war with Sherri. If they had kept their cool earlier in the season, they could've had her vote.

As for Erik, it was a very easy decision. He votes for Sherri, then it's a 6-6 tie. he votes for Corinne, then it's a 7-5 victory.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #69
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Corinne is an idiot. All she had to do is say yes phillip, we'll split the.vote.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #70
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Corinne is an idiot. All she had to do is say yes phillip, we'll split the.vote.

she might be one of the dumbest people ever...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #71
Thomkal
Head Coach

Going to Dawn was a mistake too. Not only because what happened with her on her season, but they didn't need her yet.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #72
General Mike
Pro Starter

Tools
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #73
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

that was an extremely gratifying tribal
Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #74
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Going to Dawn was a mistake too. Not only because what happened with her on her season, but they didn't need her yet.

So stupid on so many levels.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #75
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Seeing the looks on their faces was priceless.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #76
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Yeah, most of the time you will hear from the booted player that the editing was misleading and that they weren't dumb, the editors just left out X, Y, and Z (and really they're probably right a lot of the time). But Corinne admitted she pretty much just blew it with the split-vote issue.

Can't say I'm going to miss what would have undoubtedly been her obnoxious jury performance.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #77
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Completely stupid move to approach Dawn when she didn't have to! Her inability to control her emotions and her tongue cost her big time.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #78
CraigSca
Pro Starter

That was awesome.

Edit: Does anyone else find the irony in Corinne constantly talking about how she likes the "gays" and how enamored with his lifestyle she is? I mean, I understand the support, but it's ironic that you're reducing this human being to just being a label.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 04-07-2013 at 10:41 AM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #79
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Interview: Corinne Kaplan talks Survivor: Caramoan

This interview makes me like Corinne even less. Lots of blatant lies (claiming she wouldn't have smiled or laughed if Phillip had been voted out) and lack of self awareness.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #80
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
That was awesome.

Edit: Does anyone else find the irony in Corinne constantly talking about how she likes the "gays" and how enamored with his lifestyle she is? I mean, I understand the support, but it's ironic that you're reducing this human being to just being a label.

I thought it was strange too. Plug in any label and it's weird. "I like the straight girls/Korean-Americans/old people/whatever." It's just strange. Oddly enough, it was this labeling that helped get her in trouble by making her alliance question her loyalty.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 04-07-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #81
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Does anyone else find the irony in Corinne constantly talking about how she likes the "gays" and how enamored with his lifestyle she is? I mean, I understand the support, but it's ironic that you're reducing this human being to just being a label.

She does that. I've heard her a lot on Rob Cesternino's podcast. She pretty much talks about everyone like they're a pet, even people she supposedly likes. Horrible person. Basically the female Colton, except she at least is occasionally funny and therefore not completely bereft of entertaining qualities like he is.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #82
General Mike
Pro Starter

The level of stupidity is mind boggling.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #83
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, so why did MAlcom vote Reynold?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #84
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

My guess is so he can say to the original alliance that he stayed with their plan. Basically to say "see I was lowal but you weren't."
Old 04-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #85
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
My guess is so he can say to the original alliance that he stayed with their plan. Basically to say "see I was lowal but you weren't."

That is what we came up with. Including my good friend who knows Reynold well, her sister used to date him, lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #86
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I couldn't hear what Malcolm said as he was casting his vote for Reynold so not sure why. Did he have a change of heart they didn't show and try to "save the day" for the Favorites since he still thought they were splitting the vote on Reynold and Eddie and knew Reynold would play the Idol?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #87
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well, regardless, that was a fucking ballsy move by Malcolm to ask for the idol while he has one in his pocket
Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #88
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
well, regardless, that was a fucking ballsy move by Malcolm to ask for the idol while he has one in his pocket

I was seriously hoping they had gone with the Malcolm vote at that point. Damn impressive that he would ask and Reynold would give it to him.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #89
Suicane75
Coordinator

That was really quite brilliant. He can come back and say he was loyal during the vote, that he got the idol away from someone who he thought could use it to hurt the core alliance, plus, now nobody will ever suspect he has an idol of his own.

His best strategy at this point is to try and fade back into the core alliance for a few votes and ditch Eddie & Reynold and then make his move when it's only the core left. Failing that, he still has the idol in his pocket if he needs to use it sooner rather than later.

Best of all, this episode gave me someone to root for going forward.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #90
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I think people may be giving Malcolm too much credit. Here's how I think tonight probably broke down...

1) Malcolm, trusting Dawn's information, doesn't bring his idol to tribal council with him.

2) When the chat at TC spooks him, he votes for Reynold, hoping that if the Favs split votes with him and Reynold that Reynold would go home instead of a revote.

3) When Reynold decides to play his idol, Malcolm panics because this will doom him in the split vote scenario, so he begs Reynold to play it for him.

I could be wrong, but that seems like a reasonable chain of events.

I also loved the stupid "bro alliance" pitch that Reynold gave to Cochrane. Has there ever been a worse read on a fellow contestant? He might as well have said, "Remember how much you hated those guys on Savaii? We're just like them!"

Old 04-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #91
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
I think people may be giving Malcolm too much credit. Here's how I think tonight probably broke down...

1) Malcolm, trusting Dawn's information, doesn't bring his idol to tribal council with him.

2) When the chat at TC spooks him, he votes for Reynold, hoping that if the Favs split votes with him and Reynold that Reynold would go home instead of a revote.

3) When Reynold decides to play his idol, Malcolm panics because this will doom him in the split vote scenario, so he begs Reynold to play it for him.

I could be wrong, but that seems like a reasonable chain of events.

I also loved the stupid "bro alliance" pitch that Reynold gave to Cochrane. Has there ever been a worse read on a fellow contestant? He might as well have said, "Remember how much you hated those guys on Savaii? We're just like them!"

That was my exact read on the Malcolm scenario.

I also liked Cochrane's quote about the "bro-down" alliance - "I don't want to be engaging in any masculine tomfoolery with any of these numbskulls."
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #92
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Awesome episode but they shouldn't have said who they were voting for. Phillip gave the other six in an alliance by "taking one for the team". Not revealing who they were going to vote for would have forced them to turn on each other. A crazy 4 - 3- 2 - 1 vote or 1st vote 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 first vote or something like that would have been truly epic. Still a very very entertaining episode and great tribal council.

Last edited by Racer : 04-17-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #94
General Mike
Pro Starter

Bravo!

Spoiler
Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #95
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

that was terrific. interesting (and predictable) that Jeff didn't show the 4th vote against "Fillup", so no one knows that Eric flipped.

has there been a more utterly useless contestant than Sherry? Other than looking like Sandra Bullock, she has been completely abysmal in every facet of the game.

also, I'd like to do really bad things to Brenda [EDIT: A former cheerleader, you say?]

Last edited by Draft Dodger : 04-17-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #96
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Awesome episode but they shouldn't have said who they were voting for. Phillip gave the other six in an alliance by "taking one for the team". Not revealing who they were going to vote for would have forced them to turn on each other. A crazy 4 - 3- 2 - 1 vote or 1st vote 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 first vote or something like that would have been truly epic. Still a very very entertaining episode and great tribal council.

This was exactly my thought. They could've held on to their idols in this scenario. I give Phillip some credit. It was a bold move to call their bluff. He realized he was going home either way, but decided to make sure that they'd have to forfeit their idols to do it.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #97
General Mike
Pro Starter

They'll just find more idols anyway.

This is the first season in awhile where they've put the idols back in the game after they've been used, right?

Last edited by General Mike : 04-17-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #98
kingfc22
Head Coach

Finally some real action at Tribal.

I agree that they shouldn't have revealed who they were voting for, but they might have Eric on their side now since he is truly clueless when it comes to Survivor.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #99
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
also, I'd like to do really bad things to Brenda [EDIT: A former cheerleader, you say?]

+99999999999999
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #100
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Best episode of a horrible season IMO.

So much Brenda ass shots, so long Phillip ass-hole.

I think the end of S R US. 3 amigos find some allies and move on after cutting off the head of the snake.