Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #401
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

So far I am twelve seasons in my league, I have yet to win a championship. I have yet to be in a championship series, I have lost four conference finals and I have a commanding lead in most playoff losses. I feel like Stan Van Gundy but thankfully better looking.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #402
yeah826
High School JV

Have you guys ever had a moment where you offered one of your stars a max deal then gets hurt for the year after. Then becomes injury prone im sad now.

Also I had another player who I over paid for he was my leading scorer on my defense oriented team with 18 ppg on 45% shooting. After paying him 10 mill a year he went down to 12 ppg on 41% shooting. I should have paid attention to the advance stats when it said he was number 5 on EWA.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #403
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
Have you guys ever had a moment where you offered one of your stars a max deal then gets hurt for the year after. Then becomes injury prone im sad now.

I maxed a FA PG yesterday. 24 year old blue/blue CP3 type of player that would have pushed my squad over the top. Season 1 with me he is injured in pre-season for 2 months, returns, then is injured in mid-April for the rest of the playoffs. Season 2 he gets injured in January for over a month after a few smaller injuries to start the year. He hadn't missed more than 3 games in any of his first 4 seasons prior to signing.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #404
yeah826
High School JV

How is PER calculated in this game??
Old 04-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #405
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
How is PER calculated in this game??

Barring any errors by me it should be same as in real life.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #406
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Did you ever send these or did you figure it out?

Put it aside for now to do some other things. I'll eventually get it to you.

---

All-League Defense totals still not showing up.
Spoiler
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #407
korme
Go Reds

If a player is a 90 in fouling, does that mean he is good at avoiding fouls or easily gets whistled?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #408
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

90 means they foul less.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #409
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I'm having a problem. Steph Curry asked me for an extension, however his demands are far beyond the max that I am able to offer.

nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #410
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

My guess would be that your owner has set a budget below the salary cap.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #411
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

That is what has happened. Whether that should happen is the other question. I've debated whether to leave it like that or require at least the salary cap for higher level leagues.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #412
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That is what has happened. Whether that should happen is the other question. I've debated whether to leave it like that or require at least the salary cap for higher level leagues.

I'm not a huge fan, probably because I didn't really realize this in one of the games I started. I never planned for this and it ruined all my future plans. I ended up scrapping that game because of it.

Having said that, it could provide a real challenge. Could it be an option?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 04-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #413
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

While I like the idea in theory, I don't remember a scenario in which a player left a team because it refused to/couldn't offer him an extension when they had cap space.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #414
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
While I like the idea in theory, I don't remember a scenario in which a player left a team because it refused to/couldn't offer him an extension when they had cap space.

+1
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #415
korme
Go Reds

After simming a couple decades worth of seasons, I just noticed almost every single team's loyalty is 100. The ones that aren't at 100 are recent expansion teams. I don't know how quickly it escalated, tho. I'll keep an eye on the outliers.

Last edited by korme : 04-17-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #416
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Bah, apparently I have Robert Sarver as an owner...

28 million in profit so far this season and he wants to break up the team!
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #417
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Btw you can edit your budget in the edit team section of the league editor. The next build will require a minimum budget at the salary cap for max prestige leagues. I also made a tweak in the budget calculations outside of that.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #418
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Bah, apparently I have Robert Sarver as an owner...

28 million in profit so far this season and he wants to break up the team!

Damn, Joseph Anderson is a dick!

On a somewhat related note, when and how do you submit a new stadium proposal? And when can you try to move your team?

Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #419
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

With the last update installed I have suddenly lost coach of the year awards being given out. About to leave to go somewhere but you can see it at the end of printing awards in my running thread.

Trying to rewrite NBA history...
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #420
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Anybody have any tips on training camp? I seem to have players regress earlier than I would expect. What do you think is the minimum number you need to train someone in a particular skill to prevent regression?
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #421
nZane
n00b

Quote:
You have unused exceptions which take up cap space if you are below the cap.
Makes perfect sense. Shows how much I follow the NBA nowadays!

Random suggestion: when viewing free agents (and expansion draft players), would it be possible to add previous year stats as a Sort By option? Just the basics (games played, started, minutes per game, points, etc) would be more than enough.

Oh, and great work on the game! I've been playing it pretty much nonstop since it came out and I couldn't give a crap about the current-day NBA, so kudos on that!
nZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #422
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
With the last update installed I have suddenly lost coach of the year awards being given out. About to leave to go somewhere but you can see it at the end of printing awards in my running thread.

This should be fixed now.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #423
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
On a somewhat related note, when and how do you submit a new stadium proposal? And when can you try to move your team?

You should be able to do this up to the end of the regular season. Previously your current arena needed to be 20 years old but I just changed it to as long as you aren't making payments on the previous arena which basically just means you won't have to wait at the start of a new game.

You can try and move once you've had a failed arena proposal in your current city.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #424
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This should be fixed now.

In the next update or the one that v3.0.6? When I installed 6 is when it started.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #425
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #426
bryce
High School Varsity

If I want to uninstall and reinstall (on the same machine), is there any trick with the e-license or am I ok to have at it?

thx
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #427
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
If I want to uninstall and reinstall (on the same machine), is there any trick with the e-license or am I ok to have at it?

thx

You don't have to worry about the license when uninstalling.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #428
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

HR, whatever you did for the Coach of the Year calculation you need to apply to the GM of the Year calculation too. Just ran a whole season and had the GM of an 18-24 non-playoff team win GM of the year. Just didn't really make any sense.

(Not just saying this because I manage to take an expansion team to the post-season in their 1st year...)
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #429
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Edit: bah don't download that.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 04-17-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #430
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

murr, I just started reading this. It's hilarious.

Quote:
The 1952 draft rolls around and have the #7 pick in a draft with no real talent. We draft shooting guard John Marrufo from UTEP. He’s so good there is no picture of him on the internet to post.

Quote:
In 1593 we lost the Indianapolis Olympians because our playoff victory was so crushing.

That's as far as I've gotten so far but keep up the good work!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #431
yeah826
High School JV

How do i set up ABA league so that I can get all the players to show up on their teams while running concurently with NBA
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #432
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
murr, I just started reading this. It's hilarious.

That's as far as I've gotten so far but keep up the good work!

I really figured I would have been fired by now but my GM has never hit the bad status yet. Wondering if I can make it to 2000 now.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #433
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
How do i set up ABA league so that I can get all the players to show up on their teams while running concurently with NBA

Just make sure the league is set to use the USBA imports. That will make sure anyone who started out in that league does for you as well. Anyone who is already active in the career won't be automatically switch teams or anything.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #434
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

******************************************************************************************************************
Version 3.0.7: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Update307.exe
******************************************************************************************************************
Fixes:
*Fixed a bug that made draft pick trade values lower during the expansion draft.
*Fixed a bug that made it possible for a team to have an extra set of draft picks if they previously played in a different league.
*Fixed error 9 that could occur at the end of the DLG draft after clicking next human.
*Progress bar on fast sim screen should be full when simming is complete.
*Fixed sorting for rings when active players were included in the sort.
*Finances screen will no longer require regular tickets to be at least $1.00.
*Fixed coach of the year not being awarded when a large number of teams were active.
*Fixed more experienced players appearing on the rookie team in the rookie game.
*Fixed unusual selections in dispersal and expansion drafts when better players are available.

Changes:
*Fast sim will now stop just before the start of the offseason of the target season.
*References to historical league abbreviations will use the name found in the corresponding historical csv file.
*Reduced expected height by position in historical leagues.
*Fictional players in historical leagues will have reduced height
*Minimum team budget depends on league prestige. Will be no lower than salary cap for highest prestige.
*Changed eligibility for building a new arena to not making a payment on a previous arena.
*Transactions sections will say resigned if a player signs with his previous team.
*Human teams will be highlighted in the power poll.
*Double-clicking the standings on the hot seat screen will take you to the roster of the clicked team.
*Updated GM of the year award to focus more on team results as well.

Engine Tweaks:
*Players who are bad at 3s should shoot less 3s
*The top players should have lower 3p%
*Recalculated historical modifiers to produce more realistic stats in past seasons.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #435
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Best in the business, that's you.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #436
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Best in the business, that's you.

7 patches in about 8 days? Yes, that is HR.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #437
spleen1015
Coordinator

At some point I will have the time to give this game a go.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #438
korme
Go Reds

HR, how difficult would it be to add a shop player around button?

Maybe not even have it tell you exactly what you could get for a guy, but just provide a list of teams willing to negotiate or something.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #439
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

Maybe not even have it tell you exactly what you could get for a guy, but just provide a list of teams willing to negotiate or something.

This or something of that nature is on the to do list. People were asking for trade blocks or your suggestion during beta so its on the radar.

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2013 at 10:22 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #440
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Was thinking this last night while orchestrating a 4-team deal. Would be handy for sure.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #441
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That is a nice idea korme. It would also be nice to have some kind of indicator on the trade screen to show who is getting the better or a proposed deal and by how much before you even submit the trade to see the AI's response. I think the other pro basketball game does this and it is a nice feature. If I recall correctly, they have either 1 or two arrows pointing in one team's direction to measure the balance of the trade, or an equal sign to tell you it is pretty fair. Sometimes the fair trades still don't go through and you have to throw in a 2nd rounder or something, but as a general indicator, it is nice to know if you are 2 arrows away you better come up with a whole new idea, but if you are 1 arrow away, you can still tweak it.

Also, if you want to borrow another idea, at the end of each days sim you see a summary of the top 10 or so scorers, rebounders, etc of the day. there seems to be plenty of room on the screen where you sim games.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #442
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
That is a nice idea korme. It would also be nice to have some kind of indicator on the trade screen to show who is getting the better or a proposed deal and by how much before you even submit the trade to see the AI's response. I think the other pro basketball game does this and it is a nice feature. If I recall correctly, they have either 1 or two arrows pointing in one team's direction to measure the balance of the trade, or an equal sign to tell you it is pretty fair. Sometimes the fair trades still don't go through and you have to throw in a 2nd rounder or something, but as a general indicator, it is nice to know if you are 2 arrows away you better come up with a whole new idea, but if you are 1 arrow away, you can still tweak it.

Also, if you want to borrow another idea, at the end of each days sim you see a summary of the top 10 or so scorers, rebounders, etc of the day. there seems to be plenty of room on the screen where you sim games.

The game sort of already does this with "significantly" and "a little bit more" and so forth. It requires more tinkering, in theory, but I found it pretty realistic last night spending over an hour trying to pull a deal off and in contrast to other text sims, I found it challenging with no tweaks to manage to pull off a deal.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #443
muns
Pro Starter

If people are having a hard time finding guys that match up salary wise there is a work around.

Go to tools
then league editor
Sort by players
then in the overview drop down find contract.

That way you can find guys who are close matches to the guys you want to get rid of
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #444
korme
Go Reds

Can anyone test 1.0.7 and see if All-Defense totals are showing up under achievements yet?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #445
korme
Go Reds

Cosmetic request:

On the trade screen during the offseason/draft, is it possible to list the pick # for the current draft order? So for instance, if I have two orange Rd 1 Pick for the current year, it could say Rd 1 Pick (14) and Rd 1 Pick (19) just so I don't confuse myself.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #446
yeah826
High School JV

Quote:
Can anyone test 1.0.7 and see if All-Defense totals are showing up under achievements yet?

Its showing up
Old 04-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #447
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

have a slight problem in my Hawks historical league. Looked up the top scorers of all time and it listed the following for my team.

Code:
HAWKS PLAYER CAREER RECORDS: POINTS # Pos Player Season Record ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 C Wilt Chamberlain 1975 21188 2 SF Elgin Baylor 1967 12174 3 C Larry Foust 1962 11490

but when I look at NBA records the top scorers of all time are...

Code:
All All Positions Results Name Pos Retired Age Exp Points Rebounds Assists Steals Blocks Rings ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bob Pettit PF 1970 37 17 32781 9670 2347 1032 475 8 Walt Bellamy PF 1974 34 13 21572 7067 1871 766 289 1 Mauricio Durán PF - 31 10 18913 7305 1724 1028 1695 8 Willis Reed PF - 34 12 18471 7276 1438 427 991 0 Bill Russell C 1968 34 13 18431 11219 2408 489 3943 1 Jerry Lucas SF - 36 13 18330 9918 2193 468 464 0 John Havlicek SG 1974 34 12 18040 4276 2419 786 135 1 Lou Hudson SG - 31 10 17949 4307 2109 1260 167 2 Neil Johnston SF 1963 34 13 17593 5672 1837 614 155 0
Old 04-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #448
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
have a slight problem in my Hawks historical league. Looked up the top scorers of all time and it listed the following for my team.

Did you change your save name at any point?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #449
korme
Go Reds

In light of the stories with Durant/Anthony, is scoring title worthy of an achievement? Media usually makes mention of all of Jordan's scoring titles when listing his accomplishments.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #450
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Version 3.0.7: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Update307.exe
*Recalculated historical modifiers to produce more realistic stats in past seasons.

How far are you looking to improve this? A fastsim with .0.7 is still getting Wilt "pedestrian" #s:

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #55 C Wilt Chamberlain - 76ers ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 7-1 Weight: 303 DOB: 8/21/1936 (28) College: Kansas Exp: 6 Attributes: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 93 22 28 0 37 31 89 84 54 27 11 57 25 93 92 91 Potential: A D D F D C A A C D F C Health: Good Status: Active Roster Salary: $0 Length: 0 Stat Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1964 NBA PHI 60 60 33.9 25.2 3.1 11.4 2.4 3.5 0.69 0.5 1.8 3.3 1963 NBA PHI 80 80 33.9 24.7 3.6 11.9 2.2 3.9 0.58 0.6 2.0 3.1 1962 NBA SYR 80 80 34.0 26.3 3.5 12.8 2.6 3.8 0.69 0.5 1.9 3.3 1961 NBA SYR 77 77 32.8 28.8 4.0 13.4 2.5 4.1 0.60 0.5 1.8 3.3 1960 NBA SYR 80 80 31.3 31.4 4.1 13.9 1.6 4.1 0.40 0.4 2.2 3.4 1959 NBA SYR 52 52 29.8 30.9 4.0 12.0 1.5 3.9 0.40 0.3 2.0 3.7 Career 429 429 32.7 27.8 3.7 12.6 2.2 3.9 0.40 0.5 2.0 3.3

Also think FPG in historical sims are still too high. I haven't noticed it in fictional fast sim (only have done one and didn't look very hard), but it seems all of the stars never get 38-42 MPG because they are plagued by foul trouble.

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #32 PF Bob Pettit - Pistons ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-9 Weight: 253 DOB: 12/12/1932 (32) College: Louisiana State Exp: 11 Attributes: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 61 22 57 0 35 22 64 47 20 31 18 38 51 71 87 86 Potential: B D B F D D B C D D F D Health: Good Status: Active Roster Salary: $4,132 Length: 2 Stat Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1964 NBA DET 80 80 30.1 23.7 3.3 9.4 1.6 2.7 0.58 0.5 0.7 3.5 1963 NBA DET 75 74 28.4 23.5 2.7 8.6 1.5 3.1 0.49 0.6 0.6 3.4 1962 NBA DET 77 77 29.0 26.5 3.1 8.6 1.9 3.2 0.62 0.5 0.7 3.9 1961 NBA DET 80 80 32.5 32.4 3.5 10.9 2.3 3.8 0.61 0.7 0.9 3.6 1960 NBA DET 80 80 31.2 30.5 3.7 11.5 2.0 4.0 0.49 0.7 0.9 3.6 1959 NBA DET 69 69 33.8 31.3 3.5 11.6 2.2 3.8 0.58 0.7 0.8 3.6 1958 NBA DET 72 72 34.8 31.0 3.7 11.1 2.1 4.3 0.49 0.8 0.7 3.9 1957 NBA DET 70 70 34.0 29.3 4.0 11.9 1.9 3.9 0.47 0.5 0.6 4.1 1956 NBA FTW 72 72 33.1 26.8 3.8 10.3 1.7 3.6 0.47 0.5 0.9 3.9 1955 NBA FTW 72 72 31.6 23.6 3.1 8.9 1.8 3.0 0.58 0.5 0.7 3.7 1954 NBA FTW 72 72 33.3 25.9 3.7 9.9 1.6 3.2 0.49 0.4 0.7 3.9 Career 819 818 31.9 27.7 3.4 10.2 1.9 3.5 0.49 0.6 0.7 3.7

Last edited by korme : 04-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.