Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2014, 03:38 PM   #401
Thomkal
Head Coach

Apologies if mentioned here already, ran across this today and it looks interesting. A survival game, but not one where you are trying to survive against zombies...but soldiers instead. You are a civilian who has to avoid being found/sniped during the day by soldiers so you can come out at night and scavenge for food and supplies:

Today's the day we've been waiting for
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #402
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Big day today. I get to pick up Infamous: Second Son and my daughters get to pick up Frozen.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #403
mckerney
Coordinator

Watching TotalBiscuit stream Deux Ex: The Fall and as it turns out, and who would have guessed this, doing a direct port of a FPS designed for a tablet to PC is a terrible idea. The game looks absolutely dreadful in every way possible.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #404
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I've been working too much. Just realized Infamous is a Friday release.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:46 AM   #405
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Old 03-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #406
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I remember that game at the arcade.

Wasted many a dollar on Gauntlet in the Busch Campus Center. That and SF Rush 2049 and NFL Blitz.

Love those type of games. I wish Activision would make X-Men Legends 3 instead of these other stupid X-Men games.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #407
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

Looking forward to playing this soon.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #408
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Looking forward to playing this soon.

Me too! My next purchase for sure!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #409
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Me too! My next purchase for sure!

Same here!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #410
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

More AOW 3...

Age of Wonders III Feels Like A Highlight Reel Of PC Gaming's Best - GameSpot
Old 03-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #411
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Dola,

I preordered it.. looks fantastic!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #412
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Just finished the main story line for South Park: Stick of Truth, in just under 20 hours. I don't think I've ever had more fun playing a game. I'm definitely going to keep playing to finish the side quests and get the achievements.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #413
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Just finished the main story line for South Park: Stick of Truth, in just under 20 hours. I don't think I've ever had more fun playing a game. I'm definitely going to keep playing to finish the side quests and get the achievements.

System?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #414
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Funny, just finished the story today as well. 14 hours. Played on Normal, and while I will concede it was easy, I didn't mind at all. Great game!
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #415
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
System?

PC
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #416
TroyF
Coordinator

I'm not finished with Stick of Truth yet, but I love the game.

Played a ton of Infamous Second Son this weekend and am having a lot of fun with it. Very engaging game. Enjoying it a lot.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #417
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Infamous Second Son.

Wow. Great way to start the next gen. It's just a really really pretty game.

Here's an in-game recording from my game yesterday featuring one of the starting "karma bomb"s.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151952464581851

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 03-24-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #418
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 coming to mobile now and PC by end of year. RCT4 on the PC to be a "multi-player experience." Ugh. Are they going to SimCity the RCT franchise?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #419
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 coming to mobile now and PC by end of year. RCT4 on the PC to be a "multi-player experience." Ugh. Are they going to SimCity the RCT franchise?

A multiplayer RTC game based on a mobile game sounds dreadful. Yes, it sounds like they're heading down the same dumbass road. Given how well sandbox-type games are doing on the PC (Terraria, Starbound, Banished, Minecraft and so many others), you'd think that those who own some of these big franchises would be smart enough to capitalize on that with a decent PC-centric product.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #420
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Infamous Second Son.

Here's an in-game recording from my game yesterday featuring one of the starting "karma bomb"s.

LOL.

I just started playing it a bit last night. The fire and explosion effects are just ridiculous. Also, I really like the touch pad integration in the game. Doesn't feel forced at all.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #421
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Infamous Second Son.

Second Son is pretty good so far.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #422
TroyF
Coordinator

Put in more time into Second Son. Before I nitpick a little, let me say that I love the game, I would buy it again and that I will likely play through this a second time. That said. . .

1) Why is Seattle so damned lifeless? OK, so people are under martial law, I get it. But 3+ million people in the city and I get a protest of 20 people? I can walk 4 or 5 blocks and see less than 70 people doing anything? I see more people on a single street in Assassins Creed Black Flag than I see in downtown Seattle with the sun shining.

2) Spray painting. The first couple of times it's cool. after that it really loses it's luster.

3) Remote play is horrible. In Assassins Creed, the remote play is done flawlessly. It's a truly amazing experience with how they designed the controls. In this game? Forget it. No simple control scheme.

4) Is the play station app ever going to get anywhere near smartglass? Dead Rising 3 has incredible Smart Glass integration. Infamous: Second Son should have a ton of it. Instead, nothing. I don't get it. What a wasted opportunity.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #423
mckerney
Coordinator

So it turns out Satan has been busy sabotaging Kickstarters lately.

Quote:
"I believe that, 100 percent," replies Richard Gaeta, a co-founder of Phoenix Interactive. He argues that since the launch of the Kickstarter for Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham, trouble has come into all their lives.

"It's very tangible," adds his business partner Martin Bertram. "From projects falling through and people that were lined up to help us make this a success falling through. Lots of factors raining down on us like fire and brimstone."

Nobody is winking or joking or pulling my leg. There is no irony here. They are absolutely serious.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #424
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

5 more days until Age of Wonders III

I've been watching all the let's play videos.. I really think this is going to be an epic game.

The 3d battles alone are just amazing.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #425
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

I've been watching all the let's play videos.. I really think this is going to be an epic game.

I haven't preordered this yet...but I'm close to doing so. Looks awesome.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #426
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I haven't preordered this yet...but I'm close to doing so. Looks awesome.

I'll be up late Monday night.

Age of Wonders 3 Gameplay Preview LP - Part 2 - Combat - YouTube
Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #427
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
I'll be up late Monday night.

I'll be on the road working so there's little incentive to preorder.

I'm glad I didn't preorder Stick of Truth. While there's no doubt I'll get it at some point - probably sometime soon - the 15 hour play-time doesn't justify the $60 price of the game. I'll wait until it drops to about $30 and then pleasantly enjoy the game.

Of course, that won't apply with AOW 3. If it's good, and by all indications it looks like a home run, I'll get a 100 hours of enjoyment out of it.

Last edited by Blackadar : 03-26-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #428
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll be on the road working so there's little incentive to preorder.

I'm glad I didn't preorder Stick of Truth. While there's no doubt I'll get it at some point - probably sometime soon - the 15 hour play-time doesn't justify the $60 price of the game. I'll wait until it drops to about $30 and then pleasantly enjoy the game.

Of course, that won't apply with AOW 3. If it's good, and by all indications it looks like a home run, I'll get a 100 hours of enjoyment out of it.

Personally, don't even think a $30 investment for 15-20 expected hours is worth it to me. That's two or three week days of gaming. There's much better hour/dollar deals out there for me.

I can put in that in an Indie game. I just dropped 33 hours into Card City Nights a few weeks ago. I put 17 hours into Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land. 35 into Banished. And those were just in 2014.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #429
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Personally, don't even think a $30 investment for 15-20 expected hours is worth it to me. That's two or three week days of gaming. There's much better hour/dollar deals out there for me.

I can put in that in an Indie game. I just dropped 33 hours into Card City Nights a few weeks ago. I put 17 hours into Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land. 35 into Banished. And those were just in 2014.

Of course, it's all just personal opinion. Some people don't care at all and will pay whatever for a short game as long as it's good. I don't share that opinion because there are so many good games out there that I have the luxury of choosing the one I feel has the best "value". Right now my Steam wish list has 28 games on it, including AOW 3, South Park, Divinity, the new Shadowrun expansion and a host of other games I really want to play.

From what I've heard South Park is a riot and, if so, $2 an hour is reasonable for that level of entertainment. At least it is for me.

By the way, how is Call of Cthulhu? I've been tempted to pull the trigger on that one.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #430
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I can't wait. Preorder done and I am off Tuesday.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #431
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Of course, it's all just personal opinion. Some people don't care at all and will pay whatever for a short game as long as it's good. I don't share that opinion because there are so many good games out there that I have the luxury of choosing the one I feel has the best "value". Right now my Steam wish list has 28 games on it, including AOW 3, South Park, Divinity, the new Shadowrun expansion and a host of other games I really want to play.

From what I've heard South Park is a riot and, if so, $2 an hour is reasonable for that level of entertainment. At least it is for me.

By the way, how is Call of Cthulhu? I've been tempted to pull the trigger on that one.

It's originally an app that was successful enough to port to the PC. I like it, it's a got a good plotline and very familiar mechanics to anyone who has played X Com or Jagged Alliance. It scales well. You have to really care about your troops, because some have to survive in order to win the mission, which is an interesting take.

EDIT - I just picked up Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened last night and will load it up in a few minutes. It's very old (2006 i think) but the Cthulhu bit me and i wanted to try this one out.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-26-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #432
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

I love the South Park game and paid full price for it. I will probably beat it in about 18 hours (I play through fairly slow). $3.33 per hour spent? I can live with that, especially because I view it as much of a long South Park episode as I do a video game. It's like an 18 hour interactive south park movie.

For me a gaming decision has multiple elements in it:

1) Best Value
2) Genre (what am I in the mood for? sports? fast twitch? role playing game? strategy?)
3) Releases surrounding the game

In the last 3 months, I've bought FOF, South Park, Assassins Creed 4, Infamous Second Son. In the next couple of months, the only games on my list are OOTP and MLB The Show.

So look at the start and end of the list. FOF/Baseball titles. Both of those are huge time sinks for me. FOF will be played all the way to baseball season before I set it down for the summer. (I will come back to it with a vengeance next fall) OOTP and MLB will be massive time sinks. To the point where I probably won't even get Watch Dogs until fall.

In between those two I have South Park (18 hours), Infamous Second Son (Probably close to 18 hours, maybe 25 by the time I'm done) and then Assassins Creed (a game I got for the sole purpose of being my game of choice away from the baseball games for the summer.

South Park and Infamous really hit a perfect pocket for me, so they were purchased and played. If either would have been released at another point, I would have waited until the sales price hit.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #433
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:

So 'fantasy' and 'Civilization-like' perk up my ears a great deal...but I'm not so sure on the 3D battles portion. I love that sort of thing...but not in this kind of game. Is the 3D battle portion optional?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #434
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
So 'fantasy' and 'Civilization-like' perk up my ears a great deal...but I'm not so sure on the 3D battles portion. I love that sort of thing...but not in this kind of game. Is the 3D battle portion optional?

In past games there was auto-combat.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #435
Groundhog
Coordinator

I played Infamous Second Son for a few hours last night. I don't generally play these type of games but the "super hero" type storyline attracted me, and so far I'm ejoying it a great deal. I like the fact that already I've had to employ strategy other than "dive into mob of baddies and mash buttons" in order to finish missions.

I have to say though, it wasn't the big "holy shit next gen" graphics I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but so do NBA 2K14 and Assassins Creed IV on the PS4 too. It didn't feel like a significant step beyond either of those titles graphically.

Last edited by Groundhog : 03-26-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #436
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I can't wait. Preorder done and I am off Tuesday.

Well played..
Old 03-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #437
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

Yes you can auto battle anytime, before or if you get bored during an actual battle.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #438
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
In past games there was auto-combat.

There's an auto-resolve feature in this one too. Quill18 has done a couple of preview build Let's Plays of it.
oykib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #439
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
There's an auto-resolve feature in this one too. Quill18 has done a couple of preview build Let's Plays of it.

More videos.. oh yeah!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #440
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

So for AOW 3 should I pre-order from steam or gog?
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:44 PM   #441
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Playstation VP in Turkey accidentally leaked that The Last of Us and all DLC will be heading to the PS4 this summer.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #442
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Ummmm, sure, accidently...
Old 03-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #443
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
So for AOW 3 should I pre-order from steam or gog?

I ordered from Steam.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #444
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
It's originally an app that was successful enough to port to the PC. I like it, it's a got a good plotline and very familiar mechanics to anyone who has played X Com or Jagged Alliance. It scales well. You have to really care about your troops, because some have to survive in order to win the mission, which is an interesting take.

Abe Sargent, so you would recommend it?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #445
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I ordered from Steam.

Ditto.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #446
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So it's basically like Fire Emblem?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #447
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Ummmm, sure, accidently...

Rumor is that it was supposed to be held until E3, but the guy in Turkey got a little loose with the lips.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #448
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Rumor is that it was supposed to be held until E3, but the guy in Turkey got a little loose with the lips.

TBH, that's not really huge news. I could see that as E3 padding. But it could just as likely be a "slip" some executive made for free publicity.
oykib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #449
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
TBH, that's not really huge news. I could see that as E3 padding. But it could just as likely be a "slip" some executive made for free publicity.

The VR headset was a terribly kept secret, so I suppose it's the norm of late for Sony.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #450
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

PS+ free games for April are announced.

PS4: Mercenary Kings
PS3: Batman: Arkham City, Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark, Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse
Vita: Velocity Ultra, Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD