Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2020, 06:47 PM   #601
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Really interested to see how you get on with it. It's something that I've looked at so many times, and thought it looks intriguing, but ultimately something in a review I've read has left me thinking it's not a game I'd enjoy.

Definitely not a game for everyone. There is no overarching story or quests. You make of the game what you want. The game does give you the freedom to do just about anything you want. Combine that with the AI, factions, and game world and it creates story without the need for story.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #602
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Definitely not a game for everyone. There is no overarching story or quests. You make of the game what you want. The game does give you the freedom to do just about anything you want. Combine that with the AI, factions, and game world and it creates story without the need for story.

It's VERY RPG-oriented to me, it's just not big on framework, you write the story for yourself as you go.

That said though, doesn't the (virtually optional to get involved with) conflict between the major factions kiiiind of provide overarching story?

I'm asking, cause that's sort of my impression of the game from watching (I haven't played enough yet to have an impression of my own). Is that actually less influential than I'm anticipating?
Old 07-22-2020, 12:40 AM   #603
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I've enjoyed Golftopia a lot over the last hour of gaming.

EDIt I just gave it a good review over at Steam after continuing with it nicely.I got to 6 holes. I like it a lot a lot.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-22-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #604
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It's VERY RPG-oriented to me, it's just not big on framework, you write the story for yourself as you go.

That said though, doesn't the (virtually optional to get involved with) conflict between the major factions kiiiind of provide overarching story?

I'm asking, cause that's sort of my impression of the game from watching (I haven't played enough yet to have an impression of my own). Is that actually less influential than I'm anticipating?

I think it definitely does, but it's still more of a it's what you make of it sort of thing rather than story handed to you through quests in a traditional RGP.

There's a lot of open world games that claim to be a sandbox, Kenshi is a true sandbox of a game.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:18 PM   #605
RainMaker
General Manager

Finished The Forest and had a blast. What a fun game for that price. Anyone have other suggestions for survival games? I like the ones where you can build stuff like a base. Conan seems interesting but maybe a bit much.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:43 PM   #606
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Finished The Forest and had a blast. What a fun game for that price. Anyone have other suggestions for survival games? I like the ones where you can build stuff like a base. Conan seems interesting but maybe a bit much.

"7 Days to Die" is great and very much like this. Probably the best one out there that I've played.

Conan was fun for a while, but not that great.

I've enjoyed "The Forest" when I've played it with friends. Good times!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 07-22-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:14 PM   #607
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Troy: A Total War Saga is about 3 weeks away from release and I'm pumped, I still can't believe it's free if you grab it in the first 24 hours. Nice to finally see some campaign game play.

KING OF SPARTA! Total War Saga: Troy - First Look Campaign Gameplay - Menelaus - YouTube

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-22-2020 at 10:15 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #608
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After 6 hours, I really, really, really like Golftopia and it's very developed for an Early Release. It's a solo game by teh same folks that made space Pirates and ZOmbies which I loved. Consider this an official recommendation!

Old 07-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #609
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
"7 Days to Die" is great and very much like this. Probably the best one out there that I've played.

Conan was fun for a while, but not that great.

I've enjoyed "The Forest" when I've played it with friends. Good times!

Cool, 7 Days is on sale for like $8. Did hear it was buggy and not as good as the PC version (hasn't been updated).

Anyone tried Green Hell?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #610
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Cool, 7 Days is on sale for like $8. Did hear it was buggy and not as good as the PC version (hasn't been updated).

Anyone tried Green Hell?

I've only ever played 7 Days on PC.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:48 AM   #611
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

OMG I can't wait to dust off my flight stick and throttle for this.

Microsoft Flight Simulator #1 - First Gameplay! - Cessna 152 over my Home Town! #FS2020 - YouTube
Old 07-31-2020, 07:38 PM   #612
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Anyone got Super Mega Baseball 3.

Probably for switch. $45 seems steep. Just curious about franchise mode.

Last edited by stevew : 07-31-2020 at 07:39 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:59 PM   #613
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I am going to have to get a joystick and throttle. I haven't had one years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:26 PM   #614
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Anyone got Super Mega Baseball 3.

Probably for switch. $45 seems steep. Just curious about franchise mode.

Yes I have it for Switch and am in the second season in my franchise and am having a blast. No career stats yet but supposedly they’re coming soon. The game is a breath of fresh air compared to The Show. I highly recommend it.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:13 PM   #615
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I can't tell you how happy I am that the Cruise Director 7 just came out in the Vacation adventures series. I love it so much! I just d/led it and am about to just let the game take over once again...

Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 7 Collector's Edition > iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac & PC Game | Big Fish

Old 08-08-2020, 08:41 PM   #616
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this is its own thread caliber or not, so I'll just stick the thought in here.
If it were a thread, it'd be titled something like "Games That Require More Mental Investment" or something.

Kenshi is really the prompt for this notion, though I've had it happen at times with other games too.

A great description is "a game I'd like to be playing when I'm playing something else .. because I just don't have the concentration / patience / whatever to be playing the better game"

I really enjoy Kinshi thus far, I like a lot of things about it ... but I'm still low enough on the learning curve that it requires a good bit of focus for me to avoid screwing something up royally. And sometimes -- okay, a LOT of the time -- I simply can't make that mental investment, so I end up doing something else.

Combined with it being risky for me to pause/tab window/multitask cause it's pushing my p.c. capabilities to run well and I'm having a tough time playing it nearly as much as I'd like to be.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-08-2020 at 08:41 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:52 PM   #617
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I have a similar problem starting up a new game these days. I start out excited, imagining what gameplay is like from the trailer videos or whatever, but once I actually start playing the inevitable tutorial and realizing it's going to take me 4-5 hours (if I'm lucky) of handholding & being baby-bird-fed game mechanics before I can even begin playing and Im like "You know what? Fuck this game." and I load up something I'm super comfortable with.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:49 PM   #618
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I can't tell you how happy I am that the Cruise Director 7 just came out in the Vacation adventures series. I love it so much! I just d/led it and am about to just let the game take over once again...

Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 7 Collector's Edition > iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac & PC Game | Big Fish

All done!

Old 08-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #619
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That was 4 hours ago!
Old 08-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #620
spleen1015
Coordinator

Picked up the FF7 Remake a few days ago since it was on sale. I think this might be the first game I finish in a long time.

It has also made me realize I like the action rpg genre. I should be playing these games more often.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #621
spleen1015
Coordinator

dola

And the Don Corneo scenes in this game might be the most uncomfortable I have ever been while playing a video game.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #622
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Yes I have it for Switch and am in the second season in my franchise and am having a blast. No career stats yet but supposedly they’re coming soon. The game is a breath of fresh air compared to The Show. I highly recommend it.

Just saw this. How bad is the late inning cheat/comeback AI. I hate catch up code and read about it in some of the steam reviews. Instantly turned me off.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:53 PM   #623
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fortnite battle pass season Lvl 100. With 17+ days left in the season even.

If you'd have told me as recently as a few months ago that would EVER be something I'd do, I'd have told you that you were completely nuts.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:31 PM   #624
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats Jon, you are completely nuts
Old 08-10-2020, 08:16 PM   #625
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I still haven't played a battle royale game.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:43 PM   #626
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I still haven't played a battle royale game.

And I still don't love the format/genre tbh. Though I will say that -- same as with all online games in my life really -- I strongly prefer playing solos to playing groups. Easier on my nerves that way.

I'm that way with anything where I know I'm not very good, I'd rather only drag my own outcome down than anybody elses.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #627
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Don't forget tomorrow, Total War Saga: Troy is FREE on the Epic Store for the first 24 hours after release.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:25 PM   #628
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Don't forget tomorrow, Total War Saga: Troy is FREE on the Epic Store for the first 24 hours after release.

I'm guessing this thing will have tons of DLC attached.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:37 AM   #629
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm guessing this thing will have tons of DLC attached.

The first DLC is The Amazons, an all women faction which is FREE as well if you have or create a Total War account and link it to your Epic store account.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #630
spleen1015
Coordinator

Thanks for the heads up dewds.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:11 AM   #631
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Parkasaurus just came out of early access today. ill try it out later and let you all know my thoughts!

So far so good, here is my early analogy of this game to existing software:

Parkitect is to Planet Coaster

as

Parkasaurus is to Planet Zoo.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-13-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #632
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I could never much get into the TW Warhammer games but enjoyed Thrones of Britannia, which puts me in the minority I know.

With that said, I'm having a blast with A TW Saga: Troy. I'm playing as Menelaus of Sparta on easy for my first play though, learning all the campaign systems and battle stuff. There is a perfect mixture of campaign stuff and the battle system is typical Total War CA.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:05 PM   #633
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Who's flying tomorrow via MSFS 2020?

Unfortunately I have to work late so I'm going to wait until the weekend to grab it. I would love to hear some impressions and what kind of system specs those of you have it are using and what graphic settings your using.

I'm hoping to be able to run on medium with i7-3770/16GB Ram/GTX 1660 Super/200MB internet
Old 08-17-2020, 11:14 PM   #634
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm downloading it now. 100GB to go
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:17 AM   #635
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Pro tip: Coffee Warlord and I were chatting a bit last night, and it seems that getting stuck on a loading screen is a common issue. For some it gets resolved by exiting and restarting. I tried that, did't work. I had to exit and launch the game outside of Steam as Administrator. That got me going.

Last edited by cartman : 08-18-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:51 AM   #636
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Who's flying tomorrow via MSFS 2020?

Unfortunately I have to work late so I'm going to wait until the weekend to grab it. I would love to hear some impressions and what kind of system specs those of you have it are using and what graphic settings your using.

I'm hoping to be able to run on medium with i7-3770/16GB Ram/GTX 1660 Super/200MB internet

There is a streamer who was running it on High/Ultra with specs slightly worse than that. I guess the one thing people reccommend is to cap your FPS (you can do so in the nvidia control panel). 30-40 cap is perfectly fine for a flight sim.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #637
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola - I'll definitely fly later today after work, you can add me as CoffeeLord3131.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:01 AM   #638
cartman
Death Herald

I've got i9-9900KS/64GB of RAM/2080Ti

Looking forward to the 4k glory
Old 08-18-2020, 09:05 AM   #639
PilotMan
Head Coach

You're such a baller cartman. That's badass.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #640
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
After 6 hours, I really, really, really like Golftopia and it's very developed for an Early Release. It's a solo game by teh same folks that made space Pirates and ZOmbies which I loved. Consider this an official recommendation!

+1 - feels like an updated version of SimGolf. I'm a golf purist, so the futuristic stuff was a little off-putting to me at first. But I still have been really enjoying the game.

And it definitely feels way more polished than the "early access" tag would have you believe.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 08-18-2020 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Clarity
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #641
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
There is a streamer who was running it on High/Ultra with specs slightly worse than that. I guess the one thing people reccommend is to cap your FPS (you can do so in the nvidia control panel). 30-40 cap is perfectly fine for a flight sim.

That's great to hear, thank you.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #642
cartman
Death Herald

I was poking around and there is also an FPS cap configurable inside Flight Sim
Old 08-18-2020, 12:47 PM   #643
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Parkasaurus just came out of early access today. ill try it out later and let you all know my thoughts!

So far so good, here is my early analogy of this game to existing software:

Parkitect is to Planet Coaster

as

Parkasaurus is to Planet Zoo.

Is Parkitect more akin to RCT than Planet Coaster is? Planet Coaster just seems like too much to deal with to get a simple park going. I've booted it a number of times trying to get into it and never get very far.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 12:54 PM   #644
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So this whole PS5/XSX game of chicken on the price is getting a bit annoying. Both consoles are going to be released in 3 months, yet no one knows what the price is going to be - which, of course, means no one can pre-order. Rumors initially were thinking maybe both were targeting $499 (with the PS5 digital edition and XBox Series S - which hasn’t been offically revealed yet - being cheaper) with both companies waiting the other one out so they could undercut.

Now some rumors are saying that they may be targeting $599, with the undercut being $549... YIKES!
Old 08-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #645
cartman
Death Herald

Finally got my yoke and rudders all set up and configured and took my first flight. The real-time weather is spot on. I walked outside and the clouds were extremely similar to what was in the game. I took off from a ranch airport nearby and flew over my house in a Cirrus SR22. The houses were in the right spots, but at low altitude you could tell they were generated. I then flew on and landed at another private airstrip about 5nm south of my house.

I need to dial in my yoke and pedals a bit, but I was very impressed. I was able to make a solid landing, but my pilot skillz are VERY rusty.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #646
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I've got i9-9900KS/64GB of RAM/2080Ti

Looking forward to the 4k glory
I am an i7-9700 with 32gb and a 2080. So like the light version of yours. Still, running ultra with no hiccups. It has been decades since I played around with a flight sim. Got a Thrustmaster hotas one for a controller. Feels really good. I wish my monitor was bigger (it is 4k but it is only 22 inches).
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:41 PM   #647
PilotMan
Head Coach

Man, it's been nearly 6 months since I saw the cockpit in 4k.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:12 PM   #648
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
That's great to hear, thank you.

Annnnnnnnd after flying around a little myself, I now have absolutely no fucking clue how he was getting 30fps at that high of settings.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 08-18-2020 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #649
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Annnnnnnnd after flying around a little myself, I now have absolutely no fucking clue how he was getting 30fps at that high of settings.

LOL... from what I've read it's CPU/Ram dependent as well and SSD is almost a must.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:32 AM   #650
Edward64
Head Coach

Crap, some of you guys have really high-end rigs.

Still working on an i7-6700 w/8GB RAM (another 8GB on order), SSD and 750Ti card.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote