Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #151
Thomkal
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
Coastal Carolina recovered from a pretty mediocre season before i took over to its best ever 21 win season and tied with the other human owner Texas State for the Conference title. Coastal won the tiebreaker though. We've made it to the semifinals where the only CPU team to beat us this season (by 20) is looking for a repeat of that.
__________________
Coastal Carolina Baseball-2016 National Champion!
10/17/20-Coastal Football ranked in Top 25 for first time!

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-30-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #152
PilotMan
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
I think that the A10 is a sleeper group. Nice banter and Butter does a really nice job of posting about it. There are a few more openings if anyone wants to jump in on the next power conference.
__________________
Like Steam? Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Need an FOFC Alternative? Try the forum over in the FOFC Steam group.
Direct link to the group above or Google FOFConSteam.

FOFC Steam has group chat available at all times.

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:54 PM   #153
Butter
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
A10! St. Louis is kind of a disaster but has good prestige. St. Bonaventure has low prestige, but could be top-half with some decent guard play. One guy had Fordham for like a week and they improved a bit. They have high academics.

The Southland and the Horizon league I am also in are quite competitive and under the radar. Abilene Christian in the Southland is setup for success. Milwaukee in the Horizon is as well.
__________________
My listening habits
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:49 PM   #154
BishopMVP
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Concord, MA/UMass
C-USA had 4 of the top 7 mid-major teams, 2 more solid ones in Marshall & Huck's UTSA, and a marshmallow soft bottom half we all beat up on. LaTech is the best AI run team in the game somehow and returns everyone next year, and UTEP has some solid Freshmen.

Big XII can't seem to hold onto owners. Texas Tech has 2 good FR guards & a Soph PF to build around, OK State has high prestige but pretty much only one good young player, and Baylor can go die in a fire for all I care. But that's a chance to get in on a high major conference that isn't as intimidating as the Pac-12 or the ACC, where BC is available and the laughingstock of the CJBL.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 06-30-2020 at 06:04 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:56 PM   #155
kingfc22
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Come join the Southland!
__________________
Fan of SF Giants, 49ers, Sharks, Arsenal
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:40 PM   #156
Groundhog
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Southland is a lot of fun, especially with more human ADs. I expect it to be very competitive over the next couple of seasons now that recruiting has becomes more difficult by orders of magnitude. I went from all 3* rated recruits in year 1 and 2, to dumpster diving 2* and 1* dudes last offseason (none of the ones I ended up with were initial targets, outside of one very undersized 3* big), which I think is more indicative of how it will be for low prestige schools going forward, outside of the odd steal. I'm leaning heavy on those first 2 classes still, so once they graduate it's going to get interesting.

My other school Utah have made it out of the meat grinder and into the Pac-12 Tourney final. Didn't expect it, and the recruiting struggles of some of the other top schools obviously helped. We also didn't graduate anyone of note and added a solid recruiting class. Hoping for a #2 seed and maybe a long shot at a #1 seed if we can win the Pac-12 final versus underdog Oregon State, but our foul struggles and inability to keep other teams off the offensive glass puts a ceiling on us I think, as much as we try to slow the game down to hide that.

Also picked up Columbia in the Ivy league late last season, and took them from the bottom to 3rd place which I'm happy about. We picked up a couple of solid recruits, in particular our #1 target PG Kris Poster. He led us in scoring at 13.7 PPG on a ridiculous .522 shooting from 2, and .489 from 3. I bumped up his primacy as the season went on and it barely affected his efficency, so I expect he's going to be a major contributor throughout his career... assuming he doesn't transfer to a bigger school.
__________________
Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.
--Ambrose Bierce
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #157
Thomkal
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Coastal Carolina recovered from a pretty mediocre season before i took over to its best ever 21 win season and tied with the other human owner Texas State for the Conference title. Coastal won the tiebreaker though. We've made it to the semifinals where the only CPU team to beat us this season (by 20) is looking for a repeat of that.

We managed to beat the CPU team but at a big cost. Lost our best player for probably the rest of the season. Have to decide who to replace him with but the likely suspects aren't looking too good at the moment.
__________________
Coastal Carolina Baseball-2016 National Champion!
10/17/20-Coastal Football ranked in Top 25 for first time!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #158
PilotMan
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
I've heard that NKU is all the rage in the Horizon. We knock out Butter and Wright St tonight to advance in a sad duel.
__________________
Like Steam? Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Need an FOFC Alternative? Try the forum over in the FOFC Steam group.
Direct link to the group above or Google FOFConSteam.

FOFC Steam has group chat available at all times.

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:50 PM   #159
henry296
College Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Southland is a lot of fun, especially with more human ADs. I expect it to be very competitive over the next couple of seasons now that recruiting has becomes more difficult by orders of magnitude. I went from all 3* rated recruits in year 1 and 2, to dumpster diving 2* and 1* dudes last offseason (none of the ones I ended up with were initial targets, outside of one very undersized 3* big), which I think is more indicative of how it will be for low prestige schools going forward, outside of the odd steal. I'm leaning heavy on those first 2 classes still, so once they graduate it's going to get interesting.

My other school Utah have made it out of the meat grinder and into the Pac-12 Tourney final. Didn't expect it, and the recruiting struggles of some of the other top schools obviously helped. We also didn't graduate anyone of note and added a solid recruiting class. Hoping for a #2 seed and maybe a long shot at a #1 seed if we can win the Pac-12 final versus underdog Oregon State, but our foul struggles and inability to keep other teams off the offensive glass puts a ceiling on us I think, as much as we try to slow the game down to hide that.

Also picked up Columbia in the Ivy league late last season, and took them from the bottom to 3rd place which I'm happy about. We picked up a couple of solid recruits, in particular our #1 target PG Kris Poster. He led us in scoring at 13.7 PPG on a ridiculous .522 shooting from 2, and .489 from 3. I bumped up his primacy as the season went on and it barely affected his efficency, so I expect he's going to be a major contributor throughout his career... assuming he doesn't transfer to a bigger school.

Excited for the Poster / Glasco rivalry for the next three years.
__________________
"It's a great day for hockey" - "Badger" Bob Johnson
henry296 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:30 PM   #160
tarcone
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pacific
I would like a shot at Saint Louis.

How do I join?
__________________
The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:45 PM   #161
PilotMan
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
YES!

http://jblfl.com/signup

Jason is in Australia, so he gets up around 6pm, but he should be up if you're on overnight. Good time to get in.
__________________
Like Steam? Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Need an FOFC Alternative? Try the forum over in the FOFC Steam group.
Direct link to the group above or Google FOFConSteam.

FOFC Steam has group chat available at all times.

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:52 AM   #162
skrath
n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I think Subby, et. al. have convinced me to sign up for this league because I've got a hankering to play online again. How does one get registered?

Sent you a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Interesting learning curve in my first season at the helm.

Mississippi State couldn't notch 10 wins. Bright spot was senior PG Bjorn Fuller who posted an insane assist/turnover ratio of 6.8:0.4.

Loyola Marymount notched an upset over Gonzaga, but was middling in the WCC.

Dartmouth actually finished with a winning record at 13-12, but missed the selective Ivy tournament.

You started with three really tough teams and I think you've done pretty well. I think there's a good base there though, and supplemented through a good recruiting period you'll be a lot better next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I would like a shot at Saint Louis.

How do I join?

Sent you a PM!

For all new users, we're about to head into the National Tournament, and then we'll have the offseason, where recruiting for the upcoming season occurs. The reason it occurs in the offseason is due to the requirement that the pro league and college are synchronised for the draft, and to give college users more activity during the pro offseason.

This year is a big change for the recruiting engine (total rewrite), so we're running a few beta/test runs first of recruiting before the real thing. It will take a few weeks of the offseason at least. So, if you're a new user and want to hold off until that beta testing is complete, I understand.

However, if you're willing to put up with a bit of dev, it will allow you to have a few runs through without any consequences and then start the new season with proper recruiting, which will benefit you greatly as a newer user.


As an aside, Groundhog and murrayyyy are helping me with the league set up for the rest of the world (Europe and beyond). It's still a few months away, but that'll be an exciting move where you can take on control of any professional team in the world -- tier one to start.
__________________
JBL, CollegeJBL and EuroJBL Fantasy Basketball Universe: http://jblfl.com

Last edited by skrath : 07-01-2020 at 01:54 AM.
skrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:44 AM   #163
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Our lone real bright spot between Nevada and Boston University is BU freshman PF Darren Suggs leading the country in scoring at 25.1ppg on fairly efficient shooting. He's got significant holes in his game, but the kid can put the ball in the basket.

I didn't realize that was you, Sublime. I'm Matt Stars over there (Indiana, others).
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:47 AM   #164
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where Hip Hop lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Congrats to PM; he obviously did a great job. This is a fun league, and the more human-controlled teams the better. I took a second team after the games had already started. I did not have the same results as PM as Air Force only had 9 wins. In my defense the roster is pretty bad. Big ACC conference tourney game for my other team, Louisville. Facing Syracuse tonight, a team that I beat fairly easily on my home court but got dominated by them in NY. I probably need to get to the conference finals to get a CJBL tournament bid. No pressure.

And you're Brian W over there. Cool.

Lol... we all should have signed up with our FOFC names.
__________________
.
.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:35 AM   #165
Butter
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Lol... we all should have signed up with our FOFC names.

Me, PilotMan, Subby, Izulde, Comey, and ntndeacon are all ahead of the curve. Other than that, I know many others are members but don't remember who's who. It doesn't matter that much, but it would be nice to keep everyone straight. I believe there is a post on Page 3 that is a partial list, but there has been a lot of movement and addition this season.

And Radii, forgot him.
__________________
My listening habits

Last edited by Butter : 07-01-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:32 AM   #166
weegeebored
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
And you're Brian W over there. Cool.

Lol... we all should have signed up with our FOFC names.
Yes I am. I probably should have used weegeebored but I wasn't sure how legit names had to be when I signed up.


Edit: Changed my Slack name to Brian W(eegeebored), kind of a compromise between the original and FOFC name.

Last edited by weegeebored : 07-01-2020 at 09:04 AM.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #167
henry296
College Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
i changed my display name to match my FOFC name.
__________________
"It's a great day for hockey" - "Badger" Bob Johnson
henry296 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #168
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
i changed my display name to match my FOFC name.

Ditto.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #169
tarcone
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Ditto.

Double ditto
__________________
The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:28 AM   #170
britrock88
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrath View Post
You started with three really tough teams and I think you've done pretty well. I think there's a good base there though, and supplemented through a good recruiting period you'll be a lot better next year.

Thanks for the confidence boost. I was rather pleased with what I was able to get out of Dartmouth and LMU. I knew Miss. State would be tough--mainly, I was disappointed that I couldn't get anything out of the one quality upperclassman on the roster.

I have patience enough to give myself a full cycle at each school (unless I make hay at one of the lower-level ones and decide I deserve to move up). I am looking forward to firing myself if I have to, though!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:36 AM   #171
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stamford, CT
I'm in with Hartford, don't talk much here but am there.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #172
Comey
College Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CT via PA via CA via PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Me, PilotMan, Subby, Izulde, Comey, and ntndeacon are all ahead of the curve. Other than that, I know many others are members but don't remember who's who. It doesn't matter that much, but it would be nice to keep everyone straight. I believe there is a post on Page 3 that is a partial list, but there has been a lot of movement and addition this season.

I'm super ahead of the curve, since Comey's just my name.
__________________

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #173
Comey
College Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: CT via PA via CA via PA
Just a heads up...we'll be podding tonight, starting around 9pm EST, with conference tournament talk and updates. We're starting to look at the tournament (Murray, Muns and I comprise the CJBL Tournament Selection Committee), and this year has provided us with some giant headaches.

The Tournament Selection Show will be on Sunday evening, probably around 8pm EST. I imagine I'll make it an audio/visual show like last year, since I have the template for the bracket that I made last season). It is the most fun college pod of the year (though I think we'll have a more concrete schedule next year).

Anyway, I know we'll be podding at the same time as the JBL pod, but I'll post the link in Slack for any CJBL ADs who want to listen live tonight.
__________________

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #174
ntndeacon
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
Remember there is a list of FOFC folks with teams on post 91 thanks to britrock. It hasn't been updated, but it has the folks that were there at that point.
__________________
Up the Posh!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #175
Izulde
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
We've captured 3 straight regular season Mountain West crowns (well 4, but one was AI), and are gunning for our third straight conference tournament title to boot in tonight's sim.

5* recruits Kendall Houston Jr and Quinn Oakley are pretty much certainties to head to the JBL after this season, so unless I can keep my recruiting magic going, the streak will likely end next year.
__________________
2006 Golden Scribe Nominee
2006 Golden Scribe Winner
Best Non-Sport Dynasty: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:53 PM   #176
BishopMVP
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Concord, MA/UMass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Just a heads up...we'll be podding tonight, starting around 9pm EST, with conference tournament talk and updates. We're starting to look at the tournament (Murray, Muns and I comprise the CJBL Tournament Selection Committee), and this year has provided us with some giant headaches.

The Tournament Selection Show will be on Sunday evening, probably around 8pm EST. I imagine I'll make it an audio/visual show like last year, since I have the template for the bracket that I made last season). It is the most fun college pod of the year (though I think we'll have a more concrete schedule next year).

Anyway, I know we'll be podding at the same time as the JBL pod, but I'll post the link in Slack for any CJBL ADs who want to listen live tonight.
Not sure I'll be at a computer around 9pm, but I'll definitely be listening and seeing how it matches up with my thoughts so far... seems like a weak bubble where no teams who miss can feel aggrieved, and a couple who wouldn't make it in a normal year will end up in - some schools like UVa & Gonzaga who seemed like they could fall onto the bubble are still comfortably in once you dig in. But seeding from 6-11/12? Good luck Even teams like Cincy & VCU who probably are that good don't have the resumes to back it up (with the AAC falling off the map this year). Pitt's solid, but why are they #24 while NC State is #36? Are any of the SEC teams other than Kentucky actually good? (And how is Florida 10th?) I don't care where Charlotte is as long as we're in (and not matched up against the best team in the country again in Round 1! ), but I thought for sure I'd be in the 10-12 range even a week ago, but looking at it now if I win at Western Kentucky there's a real argument for us being a 6 seed.

It's largely due to Coronavirus timing, but somehow I both know & care more about this league than actual NCAA bball this year

Last edited by BishopMVP : 07-01-2020 at 04:57 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #177
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Seattle
Just hoping Washington can get through the first round without Lopez as I'm pretty sure he'd be back for a second round game. I'll be curious to see if our flameout in the Pac-12 Tourney without Lopez will drop us out of #1 seed contention...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:14 PM   #178
ntndeacon
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
I'm just waiting to see who Wake and Samford play in their post season tourneys...Wake in JIT and (hopefully) Samford in the main dance
__________________
Up the Posh!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:25 PM   #179
Groundhog
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Just hoping Washington can get through the first round without Lopez as I'm pretty sure he'd be back for a second round game. I'll be curious to see if our flameout in the Pac-12 Tourney without Lopez will drop us out of #1 seed contention...

I'm hoping that a Utah win over Oregon State is enough to bump me up to a #1, but I doubt it given your body of work over the course of the season. Think best I can do is a #2 with a win, and maybe as low as #3 with a loss.
__________________
Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.
--Ambrose Bierce
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:08 AM   #180
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm hoping that a Utah win over Oregon State is enough to bump me up to a #1, but I doubt it given your body of work over the course of the season. Think best I can do is a #2 with a win, and maybe as low as #3 with a loss.
Looks like the Oregon State loss gives me a 2nd Quad 2 loss. The 8 teams below me in the current poll have 1 or no Quad 2 losses, so I'm concerned. On the other hand our 15-3 in Quad 1 is behind only Iowa State in percentage and tied for the most overall Quad 1 wins, so maybe that balances out the Quad 2 mark of 4-2.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:26 AM   #181
MrBug708
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whittier
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Looks like the Oregon State loss gives me a 2nd Quad 2 loss. The 8 teams below me in the current poll have 1 or no Quad 2 losses, so I'm concerned. On the other hand our 15-3 in Quad 1 is behind only Iowa State in percentage and tied for the most overall Quad 1 wins, so maybe that balances out the Quad 2 mark of 4-2.
I have no Quad 2, 3, or 4 losses (Arizona). I'm not so good in Quad 1 %
__________________
Richard Karstark - Ruler of Karhold - Bannerman of House Stark

KKiTTLeS21: UCLA r0x d00d, #1
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:03 AM   #182
BillyNYC
High School JV
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Berlin, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I have no Quad 2, 3, or 4 losses (Arizona). I'm not so good in Quad 1 %

You and I (Kansas State) have remarkably similar resumes.

Record/Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4:
K State: 21-10 / 2-10 / 8-0 / 7-0 / 4-0
Arizona: 22-11 / 4-11 / 7-0 / 8-0 / 3-0

RPI/SOS/TVI/ in-game ranking (whatever it's called)
K State: .616 / .595 / .129 / #32
Arizona: .614 / .596 / .136 / #34

Best win/worst loss
K State: #11 Texas / @ #46 Michigan
Arizona: #4 Colorado / @ #40 Stanford

Common opponents: Both beat LSU and New Mexico

Would be a fun 8/9 game I think, but my vibe is that I'm more a 10. We'll see!
BillyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:57 PM   #183
Thomkal
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
We managed to beat the CPU team but at a big cost. Lost our best player for probably the rest of the season. Have to decide who to replace him with but the likely suspects aren't looking too good at the moment.

Well the replacement was the leading scorer somehow and Coastal takes the Sun Belt!
__________________
Coastal Carolina Baseball-2016 National Champion!
10/17/20-Coastal Football ranked in Top 25 for first time!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:31 PM   #184
ntndeacon
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
Samford takes the SoCon
__________________
Up the Posh!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #185
PilotMan
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
NKY laid an egg tonight, but will get an invite to the JIT, despite that.
__________________
Like Steam? Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Need an FOFC Alternative? Try the forum over in the FOFC Steam group.
Direct link to the group above or Google FOFConSteam.

FOFC Steam has group chat available at all times.

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:20 PM   #186
tarcone
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pacific
Just a heads up. My lap top crashed. I’m taking it to a shop tomorrow.
__________________
The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:47 PM   #187
Thomkal
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
NKY laid an egg tonight, but will get an invite to the JIT, despite that.

Sorry PM!
__________________
Coastal Carolina Baseball-2016 National Champion!
10/17/20-Coastal Football ranked in Top 25 for first time!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:30 AM   #188
Izulde
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quinn Oakley got limited to 8 points, 10 rebounds, and a block, but Kendall Houston Jr carries us with 10 points, 10 assists, 4 steals, and 3 rebounds to beat New Mexico. Props also to Las Vegas negative Tyreek Beans, who was 5/9, 2/4 for 12 points to lead us in scoring along with Aleem Marshall. The freshman Beans is a player I rate highly, and he beat out two-year starter Cayne Springer at the SG spot, and then Springer lost the backup minutes early in the season to another freshman, undersized combo guard Antwoine Warech, who plays better than his recruit/star rankings suggestion.

On to the Big Dance. IIRC we were a 7 seed the last two years. This year, despite having two of the best players in the country in KHJ and Oakley? We might get hosed with a 6-7 seed again (I personally think we're a 4-5 seed). But we'll see. Despite being a Top 15 team in a lot of polls and this being considered a wide-open field, no one thinks we have a shot at more than a Sweet 16 appearance.
__________________
2006 Golden Scribe Nominee
2006 Golden Scribe Winner
Best Non-Sport Dynasty: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:03 PM   #189
skrath
n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
National Tournament time. Good luck everyone!

__________________
JBL, CollegeJBL and EuroJBL Fantasy Basketball Universe: http://jblfl.com
skrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #190
Thomkal
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
If Coastal Carolina loses by 10 or less against Villanova, I'll consider it a victory.
__________________
Coastal Carolina Baseball-2016 National Champion!
10/17/20-Coastal Football ranked in Top 25 for first time!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #191
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Seattle
Happy that Washington is at full strength. At least that way if we bounce early we have no excuses and no "what ifs?"
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #192
Butter
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Just a heads up. My lap top crashed. Iím taking it to a shop tomorrow.

Luckily for you, unless you are AD of a tournament team, there isn't much to do right now.
__________________
My listening habits
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #193
skrath
n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Luckily for you, unless you are AD of a tournament team, there isn't much to do right now.

Next season I'm adding the CBI and possibly another tournament below to ensure that most human ADs get a post season tournament at least. It's tough as you don't want to devalue the tournament experience, but want to make sure everyone has something to look forward to (other than recruiting).
__________________
JBL, CollegeJBL and EuroJBL Fantasy Basketball Universe: http://jblfl.com
skrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #194
Subby
lolzcat
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: sans pants
Great time to take a team - Sweet 16 happening tonight, so you have time to get a feel for your team before recruiting and the rest of the off-season kicks off.

We have three teams - Georgetown, William & Mary, Cal State Bakersfield

Extremely deep sim, very active slack channel(s).
__________________
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #195
PilotMan
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrath View Post
Next season I'm adding the CBI and possibly another tournament below to ensure that most human ADs get a post season tournament at least. It's tough as you don't want to devalue the tournament experience, but want to make sure everyone has something to look forward to (other than recruiting).

I think that the Junkyard is a perfect name for the bottom tourney.
__________________
Like Steam? Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Need an FOFC Alternative? Try the forum over in the FOFC Steam group.
Direct link to the group above or Google FOFConSteam.

FOFC Steam has group chat available at all times.

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #196
HerRealName
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Great time to take a team - Sweet 16 happening tonight, so you have time to get a feel for your team before recruiting and the rest of the off-season kicks off.

We have three teams - Georgetown, William & Mary, Cal State Bakersfield

Extremely deep sim, very active slack channel(s).

I'll take a team if there's still one available. Any team is fine with me.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:20 PM   #197
kingfc22
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
I'll take a team if there's still one available. Any team is fine with me.

You can view jblfl.com/cjbl/schools and any school without a person icon next to the school name is available.

You can also sort by Prestige. Texas Tech, VA Tech and Baylor are the highest available.
__________________
Fan of SF Giants, 49ers, Sharks, Arsenal
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #198
PilotMan
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
Or you can come to the Summit, which is full of available teams, so you can curbstomp the AI in oblivion!
__________________
Like Steam? Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Need an FOFC Alternative? Try the forum over in the FOFC Steam group.
Direct link to the group above or Google FOFConSteam.

FOFC Steam has group chat available at all times.

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:09 PM   #199
HerRealName
High School Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Or you can come to the Summit, which is full of available teams, so you can curbstomp the AI in oblivion!

The Mastodons are just sitting there waiting to be taken?

I'll go with Texas Tech. I've been sending them all my money for the last 2 years and I have to make the terrible drive to Lubbock again in a couple of weeks. Maybe this league will take my hatred and turn into a mild dislike for the school
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #200
Groundhog
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Utah are through to the Elite Eight in less than convincing fashion with yet another come back win, this time over Syracuse and top JBL prospect Kobe Thomas. We've trailed all opponents at the half, including 1st round #16 seed Bryant, by an average of 10.6 points. We're then going to outscore teams 16.3 in the 2nd half, but probably not the best strategy to lean on if we want to make it past the next round.

We've got Subby's #2 seed Georgetown and their star studded backcourt up next who, along with Colorado, would probably have the best case to argue that we stole their rightful seeding.
__________________
Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.
--Ambrose Bierce
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.