Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Windows 1903 update failing?

Had this problem for a while and with the previous version no longer supported I'm looking for a way to fix the issue. I do banking, shopping etc. online and not sure how big an issue it is to not be up to date?

I have done some searches and have seem many supposed fixes, but thought maybe someone here would be
A. more trustworthy
B. have a sure way

My update usually stops at 60-66% with this message.

"Windows could not configure one or more system components.
To install Windows restart compter and then restart installation"

the error code I find in the settings screen is 0xc1900101

I have tried updating by unplugging all components except my monitor and mouse (that came with my Dell xps that is ~7 yrs old), no luck.

Two things that I have thought of is I did replace my hd with a samsung 1tb ssd last spring making a clone of my old HD with Samsung magician. It is the only drive in the system.

My internet card has one issue. I was hardwired to my modem but that connection sometimes fails and it goes to wireless. So I did try updating both with the CAT cable connected and with it unplugged going wireless thinking maybe the card was the component causing the issue.

Anyway just looking for thoughts before I try one of the google search fixes, some requiring registry edits

Thanks for any thoughts in advance

Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

My errors messages are very likely different from yours but when I've had problems installing major Windows updates it was due to HD space.

There was one time I could not fix it on my desktop and ultimately had to do a clean reinstall and then apply all the updates.

I never tried it but could you possibly do the update via Safe Mode?

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-22-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #3
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
My errors messages are very likely different from yours but when I've had problems installing major Windows updates it was due to HD space.

There was one time I could not fix it on my desktop and ultimately had to do a clean reinstall and then apply all the updates.

I never tried it but could you possibly do the update via Safe Mode?

I do have plenty of HD space. Just tried searching safe mode and updating per you suggestion. Comes back MS says no, others say you can but it can cause problems since some services, if not running, may not update. Probably cause more issues than trying one of the solutions I've run across in my google search.

I imagine I'll end up trying one of the fixes that came up on google, just hoped someone here had run across the same error and had an easier way. Don't know if you don't ask

Thanks for your thoughts
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote