Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2005, 07:12 PM   #301
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman
Emphasis added...I was under the assumption we are all soldiers -- some just happen to be under demonic control. I didn't read a thing into Schmidty's sword/sheild. If there is a bodyguard or similar role, that person is probably still alive.

This is what I thought also. If there's a bodyguard, chances are he's still here.

And: I am not a demon on day 2.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #302
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I am not a demon on day 2.

Barkeep, anyone: Got a list of people that said "I am not a demon on day 1"?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 PM   #303
hoopsguy
General Manager

I wasn't on the list for Day 1.

I said on Day 0 that I was a human and I'll state now that I remain a human working towards a human victory (no turncoat or any other role that would hurt our cause).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:32 PM   #304
dacman
College Benchwarmer

I'm not sold on this idea, but since everyone else is doing it:

I am not a demon on day 2
Old 12-29-2005, 07:33 PM   #305
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coffee, are the elementals aware of what kind of favors they can grant?

For example, if I was an elemental one example of a favor would be the ability to grant the demons the power to delude the seer for one night if they select the right sacrifice, would I know that was one of my powers? Or would the favor be a surprise to me when night actions roll around?

Just trying to get a bead on what level of control the elementals have in determining our fate - if their favors are essentially random events or if there is a guiding hand in delivering the favor.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:35 PM   #306
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Coffee, are the elementals aware of what kind of favors they can grant?

For example, if I was an elemental one example of a favor would be the ability to grant the demons the power to delude the seer for one night if they select the right sacrifice, would I know that was one of my powers? Or would the favor be a surprise to me when night actions roll around?

Just trying to get a bead on what level of control the elementals have in determining our fate - if their favors are essentially random events or if there is a guiding hand in delivering the favor.

They do not control what they can do. It's selected randomly from a list. They know exactly what happens once it IS selected, that is all.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #307
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I'm trying to figure out what the down side is for the elementals to just declaring their nature at this point in the game. I suppose I can't really make an intelligent argument on this without understanding their victory conditions.

Hopefully people don't view this as some kind of "out the seer" play here. I don't know if a elemental reveal would necessarily be pro/anti-human. But I figured I would raise this idea to see what other people may think about this.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:38 PM   #308
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Demons suck. That is all.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:38 PM   #309
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

They do not control what they can do. It's selected randomly from a list. They know exactly what happens once it IS selected, that is all.

That sounds encouraging. So, there's a good chance someone might know who a demon is?

Oh, and I am not a demon on Day 2.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #310
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Hopefully people don't view this as some kind of "out the seer" play here. I don't know if a elemental reveal would necessarily be pro/anti-human. But I figured I would raise this idea to see what other people may think about this.

Anti-human. Elementals don't count as humans. Having the demons know who are the elementals mean they can pick off known human targets (I'm assuming the demons know each other) to get the 1:1 ratio.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #311
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman
I'm not sold on this idea, but since everyone else is doing it:

I agree too, but it it helps I guess do it and go with the flow

I'm not a demon on day 2
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #312
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good thought, Taz. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #313
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
That sounds encouraging. So, there's a good chance someone might know who a demon is?

Oh, and I am not a demon on Day 2.
After two night actions? I doubt it.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #314
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
It is quiet. Too quiet. Many of you have trouble sleeping, wondering just what will happen tonight. Around midnight, all hell breaks loose. You hear a great crash, splintered wood, grunts, thuds, and the sound of blades being crossed. A brief flash of light later, and all silent. Sprinting out into the courtyard, you see...nothing. Every man who went to bed is up and about. No deaths, no wounds, nothing. All is well with the night.

I think someone out there knows something. Surely a villager or an elemental was attacked last night. Someone has to know something.

If not, I'm voting hoopsguy. Call it what you will, hoops, but asking the elementals to out themselves and therefore let the numbers be easier for the demons sounds bad. Especially for someone who I'd expect to think out a scenario like that.

The brief flash of light has me thinking the elementals were involved somehow last night, though obviously we don't have the corresponding elemental reveal.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:07 PM   #315
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Might as well make it official. I can't dance and it's too wet to plow.

Vote Hoopsguy
Old 12-29-2005, 08:10 PM   #316
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Taz moves into my circle of trust as well.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #317
hoopsguy
General Manager

I didn't ask the elementals to out themselves. I was looking for some discussion on the merits of having this knowledge out there.

One scenario that I worried about this was a fake elemental play by someone, thinking that it would keep people from calling their bluff since it takes two attempts to kill the elemental - the first one is wasted proving/invalidating the claim. I was fixating on this and had missed on the 1:1 ratio aspect. I'm glad that Taz pointed this out. It is a good step for him to begin moving towards my initial circle of trust.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #318
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I didn't ask the elementals to out themselves. I was looking for some discussion on the merits of having this knowledge out there.

One scenario that I worried about this was a fake elemental play by someone, thinking that it would keep people from calling their bluff since it takes two attempts to kill the elemental - the first one is wasted proving/invalidating the claim. I was fixating on this and had missed on the 1:1 ratio aspect. I'm glad that Taz pointed this out. It is a good step for him to begin moving towards my initial circle of trust.

Good counter, but my vote will remain for now.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #319
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Might as well make it official. I can't dance and it's too wet to plow.

Ardent, can you tell me what you are getting at here? We had a conflict a couple of games ago where you had been the seer and had fingered me as a wolf. I fought to stay alive there because it was in my role.

I know that you have not somehow spotted me this game as a demon because I'm not a demon. So if you are working off the elemental conversation piece, I would ask you to be open to other ideas throughout the course of the day. Because that would be good for the humans. Two humans accusing each other is definitely not good for the village. And I'm not accusing you right now because so far you haven't given me reason to think that you are making a demon move against me.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:24 PM   #320
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Ardent, can you tell me what you are getting at here? We had a conflict a couple of games ago where you had been the seer and had fingered me as a wolf. I fought to stay alive there because it was in my role.

I know that you have not somehow spotted me this game as a demon because I'm not a demon. So if you are working off the elemental conversation piece, I would ask you to be open to other ideas throughout the course of the day. Because that would be good for the humans. Two humans accusing each other is definitely not good for the village. And I'm not accusing you right now because so far you haven't given me reason to think that you are making a demon move against me.
I will be open to other ideas. Edit to add: Nothing negative about/from past games at all.

Last edited by Poli : 12-29-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:38 PM   #321
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, i will start with this

second, i am not sure what to make of last night, the demons would have had to get really lucky to make a conversion on their first attempt...i would lean more towards a blessed or a successful move by the guard.

as far as who my suspicions were on earlier. i have a very strong feeling about WVUfan, and here is why....he lived through the entire game last time around(as a wolf)and saw first hand what kind of a player blade is, so why then, if he is a human this time, would he start out with a vote for blade? the only thing i can think of is that he saw a nice bandwagon run in that game and was hoping to get rid of blade early in a very innocuous manner.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #322
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, and after he made his blade vote, he hasnt been heard from at all...he did a damn good job of laying low last game, so i would expect him to use the same strategy
Old 12-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #323
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I too think stating you are not a demon is not something that is going to help us as humans. I mean, it screwed the crap out of us the last game. That said as it is the course we are taking

I am not a demon on day 2.

Does anyone think that an elemental was targeted last night? In order to kill them, they have to be lynched/night killed twice, right? The setup said they are revealed, but it is not clear if that is to the side that made the attempt or to both sides. Is it possible the demons now know who an elemental is, but we do not?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #324
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Taz moves into my circle of trust as well.
Why is Taz in your circle of trust?
Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #325
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana

as far as who my suspicions were on earlier. i have a very strong feeling about WVUfan, and here is why....he lived through the entire game last time around(as a wolf)and saw first hand what kind of a player blade is, so why then, if he is a human this time, would he start out with a vote for blade? the only thing i can think of is that he saw a nice bandwagon run in that game and was hoping to get rid of blade early in a very innocuous manner.

Very clever of you, twisting my random vote into something of substance. Just like a demon would do. As I said before, crafty = evil = demon. Therefore, you are a demon. A clever, evil demon! oints finger at Saldana:

As for the last game, I lived because the other wolves protected me, since I was a newbie. If I remember correctly, you were the one who came up with the idea of me being quiet. :-)

I'm quiet now because I'm trying to recover from Christmas.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #326
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Does anyone think that an elemental was targeted last night? In order to kill them, they have to be lynched/night killed twice, right? The setup said they are revealed, but it is not clear if that is to the side that made the attempt or to both sides.

This I can clarify. When an elemental is targeted for lynching or night kill, he is revealed to everyone. Sorry if it was unclear in the rules.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #327
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
This I can clarify. When an elemental is targeted for lynching or night kill, he is revealed to everyone. Sorry if it was unclear in the rules.
Oh I see, thanks. Well I guess since we do not see an obvious elemental walking around pissed off, then a night kill must not have hit an elemental. So much for that thought process.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:59 PM   #328
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Why is Taz in your circle of trust?
He debunked any thought of the elementals revealing themselves.

Common sense would be that the elementals nor the villagers want this.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:03 PM   #329
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Very clever of you, twisting my random vote into something of substance. Just like a demon would do. As I said before, crafty = evil = demon. Therefore, you are a demon. A clever, evil demon! oints finger at Saldana:

As for the last game, I lived because the other wolves protected me, since I was a newbie. If I remember correctly, you were the one who came up with the idea of me being quiet. :-)

I'm quiet now because I'm trying to recover from Christmas.

totally random is one thing, but even when i make a "random" pick, i dont actually make it random, there are certain players that i dont include in my random selections because of their obvious ability in the game.

and itwas my idea for you to be as quiet as possible last game, which is exactly why i think you are doing it again.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:09 PM   #330
hoopsguy
General Manager

We have heard very little from Dubb so far this game. I'm interested to hear what he has to say about the last day or so. Not necessarily from a suspicious point of view, but with the idea that this guy pretty consistently has a good feel for the game. Ideally I like to see those players being more active ...
Old 12-29-2005, 10:17 PM   #331
hoopsguy
General Manager

From Coffee Warlord - post #286
Quote:
You hear a great crash, splintered wood, grunts, thuds, and the sound of blades being crossed. A brief flash of light later, and all silent. Sprinting out into the courtyard, you see...nothing. Every man who went to bed is up and about. No deaths, no wounds, nothing. All is well with the night.

I'm with Ardent that someone has to know something - this conflict screams demon/villager conflict to me. If it wasn't a case of a bodyguard or a blessed saving someone then perhaps the flash of light indicates a favor being invoked to prevent a slaying? Courtesy of a yak or goat?

What are the chances that it has something to do with the Thor story from earlier?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:49 PM   #332
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Marking my count position before I pack it in for the night. Real tough count thus far.

1 - hoopsguy

I for one welcome our trout overlords.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:03 PM   #333
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quit being cryptic. Tell us who the demons are!
Old 12-30-2005, 01:07 AM   #334
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE HOOPSGUY

While WVU is suspicious(for all the reasons saldana stated and the fact he pops in magically right after being accused), hoops gets this vote for past games. In the same game ardent fingered you as a wolf when he was seer, you had earlier made exactly the same move....a VERY subtle push for key villager roles to out themselves or hint at their roles...i quited it and added you to my suspicous list. Ardent later re-quoted it and backed it uip with his viewing. Your play has been quite similar to that, and that push sounds exactly the same as the other game...you even responded to my call out on it the same way you did ardents call out....sorry buddy, you know its not personal. Just how my current view stands.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:12 AM   #335
Blade6119
Coordinator

As for the night, id say bodyguard or favor....if bodyguard, villager wouldnt know and bodyguard shouldnt say unless he knows they know his identity(which doesnt happen)....if favor, just be happy.

As for schmidty, id say its just his role, but more so then the sword catching my eye was the fact that the sword was bloody. He might have been a vendetta role where once a game they can make a night kill
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:18 AM   #336
Blade6119
Coordinator

A list of my suspects(1-2 in order...after that their equal):

1.Hoopsguy
2.WVUFAN
3.King(usually quiet though, but last game taught me not to ignore that)
3.Gramat(hes comments about night kill felt like he was feeling out a villager role...not sure if for good or bad)
3.Pass(he has been quiet, whether he admits it or not)
3.Dacman(got a fair amount of votes tossed his way before the vote switched to schmidty...since im a villager its possible they did it to save dacman and not myself.
Demotivation
Old 12-30-2005, 01:25 AM   #337
saldana
Pro Starter

blade, i like your top two, but i think you are missing one person that i have been suspecting quite a bit in St Cronin...he has been in the past few games and knows that we all generally get suspicious of people that are quiet at the beginning...he has been extremely active in posting thus far this game, but none of the things he is posting is actually any amount of analysis, just spurious comments on other peoples analysis...add to that the vote he put on you to create a tie on day one (not a thing that i see as making alot of sense) and unvoted hoops in the process.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:28 AM   #338
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i have some other reasons for suspecting wvu and st cronin that i will explain in the morning..i dont want to post it now when there are only a couple people on the board and risk people not seeing it.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:29 AM   #339
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I generally try to make adjustments from game to game rather than re-hashing the same style of play from earlier efforts. Particularly games that I've found myself lynched.

Also in that game, AE knew I was a wolf from Day 1 and was trying to trap me. I am positive that he has not viewed me as a demon this game. My role does not, in any way, allow for me to be viewed in this sense, unless I am drastically missing something in the rule set.

In terms of the elemental question - I have a strong inkling of one player as an elemental. I could be wrong, but I don't want to throw that out there on the board if it is helping demons more than villagers. If I had realized that I would immediately attract votes from asking the question then I would have mulled over the idea more on my own first.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:44 AM   #340
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
A list of my suspects(1-2 in order...after that their equal):

1.Hoopsguy
2.WVUFAN
3.King(usually quiet though, but last game taught me not to ignore that)
3.Gramat(hes comments about night kill felt like he was feeling out a villager role...not sure if for good or bad)
3.Pass(he has been quiet, whether he admits it or not)
3.Dacman(got a fair amount of votes tossed his way before the vote switched to schmidty...since im a villager its possible they did it to save dacman and not myself.

Well, I don’t know much about hoopsguy or where you are going there. I do know that WVU and Dacman are floating under the radar. While Dacman was on the block yesterday, there was certainly a move to shift away from him. And it seems like it may have been under cover of the “I don’t want to start a pile on” comments. Makes me put Ardent in there with WVU and Dacman as suspicious. It is also of note that once the heat was up on Dacman and Blade, King started the shift to Scmit and after Blade, Path secured the deal. Wondering if it may have been a move to protect Dacman or Blade. Or really just a move to cancel out the guy who checked out of the game.

Blade as for my night kill comments, are you talking about the “should the bad guys make a kill” or the possibility of an elemental? I think the note about Thor is a clue on coming back into the game, and am thinking that one through.

Honestly, I really don’t see anything right now.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:02 AM   #341
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE BLADE

He was my suspect from main suspect yesterday, and I don't like his play today. It's too early to take a shot at hoops. He is too good when he is a villager. I don't see any overwhelming evidence against him at this point, so it makes no sense to go after him.

Blade has not given me a good feeling thus far this game. I'm getting a very bad feeling from him.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #342
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm really not sure what to think on this one. In defense of hoopsguy, I don't think the elementals are on our side. However, I think it helps the wolves to sniff out the elementals, since the elementals don't count as humans -- that means the wolves really know who to avoid killing. On the other hand, hoops just brought up the idea for discussion. But maybe Blade is right, that hoops was subtly trying to get us to reveal something we shouldn't.

This is a tough call.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:49 AM   #343
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, I can be subtle but I'm not repetitive. I was trying to determine how far I wanted to chase a hunch on someone being an elemental, as I ended up explaining in post #339. But after WVUFAN responded to my question, it became clear that one of two things happen if I post that "Player X is an elemental, and here is why"
1.) I'm wrong and generate a lot of discussion going down a wrong path (likelihood - maybe 30%, I'm pretty confident in my gut here)
2.) I'm right and help the wolves avoid attacking this guy, lose one of their nightly meals as they learn he is an elemental, while making the remaining villagers more likely to die.

It just stinks thinking that I picked up on something and having nowhere to go with that information. Being accused of being a wolf on top of that is adding insult to injury, but I guess I understand the thought process behind the accusation. It's wrong, but I understand it.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #344
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops was on my list from day 1 for his reasoning for voting for dac. He claimed he wanted to turn up the heat on him. At the time Dac already had 3 votes and was the leading vot getter. Sure seems to me the heat was already on Dac and this seemed like a fancy explanation for a bandwagon vote. That said I'm not quite ready to vote for him yet.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:02 AM   #345
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, going back to your post #237 I was the 4th vote on Dacman. Blade had 2 votes. Here is why I wanted to turn up the heat on Dacman:
- I had no reason to believe that Blade was a demon
- I've played many times with Blade and few times (think this is 1st time) with Dacman
- Blade tends to attract early votes in these games
- I have played enough with Blade to think that I will have a better chance of picking him out as a demon across his large number of posts than Dacman's smaller number of posts, given enough time

So I didn't want to see Blade lynched on a random Day 1 vote.

Also, I had hoped that Dacman being under some pressure would compel him to post in his defense. Just as I'm doing at this point as I feel that I'm under some suspicion.

It isn't a bad thing to be under some suspicion when you are a human - if you are able to clear yourself (to some extent) early it allows you to exercise more influence later in the game, role or no role. But obviously it is bad to attract enough suspicion that you are wrongly hung. I'm going to try very hard to avoid that outcome today and in any coming days because my death is bad for the humans and takes me away from what I think will be a fun game.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:55 AM   #346
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
....I am positive that he has not viewed me as a demon this game. My role does not, in any way, allow for me to be viewed in this sense, unless I am drastically missing something in the rule set...

I don't see anything in the rules that say anything about someone not being able to be viewed. I need an explanation.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #347
hoopsguy
General Manager

Explanation - I'm not a demon and there is nothing in my role that suggests any kind of potential for confusion on the issue.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:05 AM   #348
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As for the plan over the holiday...I'll process the day vote, hopefully get a night action in, and then extend the next day's vote to either morning or evening of the 2nd. We'll play it by ear.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:09 AM   #349
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Holiday plan sounds good. And case any of you are wondering I am not a demon on Day 2.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #350
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Explanation - I'm not a demon and there is nothing in my role that suggests any kind of potential for confusion on the issue.

That explanation is...odd. I have never heard of a role that would allow a human/villager to be seen as a werewolf/demon. Maybe someone with more experience could weigh in on if that's correct or not.

Eschew obfuscation. We're already working with incomplete information, and now you're throwing around all kinds of speculation by making statements like you think you know who an elemental is or the previous statement I posted, but won't say anything definative. I find that highly suspicious.