Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Autumn
Head Coach

WW CXLVIII - Ancient Infection - EVIL WINS!

Quote:
"All right, everyone listen up. I know everybody's talking about it, so rather than say it a hundred times, I'm going to explain it once. Yes, I'm the one who smashed the radio. And in fact before I got to that I also scuttled the boats. Yes, Davis, I know that maroons us here. I know that quite well. You can all yell at me when I'm done. But right now you need to understand why I did it. And since there's no way off the island unless you want to take you chance on a dinghy, and no way to contact the mainland, you've got time to listen.

"We're all aware of the incident with Maroney. He almost killed Dr. Davis here, and in fact was killed himself in the struggle. Dr. Mangold investigated the body, and she's reported to me what she found. Maroney had some sort of infection in his blood, not something that any of the medical staff here recognize, but perhaps to blame for his sudden aggression.

"Yes, yes, I understand, that's why we all want to get off the island. But there is more to it than that. As you know Linda was also acting strangely and is under quarantine. Examination of her blood suggests she is suffering from the same ... infection. But more importantly, Dr. Mangold found a wound on her body that might be the site of infection. She says it appears to have been inflicted. It is in fact some sort of bite. Yes, I hear you Davis, another great reason to get off the island. But let me continue. The bite appears to be human.

"Human, folks. And more importantly, Maroney had a similar bite on him. I think as you are all aware, there is nobody but us on this island. As part of the survey that Professor Stern and his team have done, we can be quite sure that we know what is on every square foot of this island. So I am afraid to tell you all that those bites came from one of us. In fact, given that Maroney and Linda were on opposite ends of the island last night, it appears that those bites came from two of us.

Quote:
"I want to tell you one last thing now that I have your attention and your silence. You all aware well aware of the mummy from site 48. It is in fact why we are all here, what many of us have been working our whole professional lives for. A fantastic find, a beautiful find really. You're all aware of that because I know each one of us has visited the pit and looked at it ourselves.

"Which makes what I have to say particularly troublesome. Today I went out, despite the work halt, and looked at the excavation, at our amazing mummy. What yesterday was an amazingly preserved specimen of prehistoric man is today a set of half rotted clothing and some dust. There is hardly a sign that it was there.

Quote:
"Those of us who have been studying the tablets and the writings of these ancient people may recall the curious drawings of a creature moving from one form to another: mouse, wolf, woman, man. I think that mummy has assumed the form of one of us. And it has the ability to do something to the rest of us. Change us. You can call me crazy, you can curse me for sinking the boats. But there is no way I am letting any one of us leave this island until whatever this thing is has been taken care of.

"Unfortunately that won't be easy. Doctors Davis and Mangold are working with the blood sample from Linda to see if they can cure this infection. Professor Davis and I are studying the tablets we had uncovered for clues to the nature of this ... thing. In the meantime I am afraid we can't trust any one of us. I don't want to see anyone in a group of less than three. Keep an eye on your coworkers, even your friends. Some among us don't belong here. And unless I'm sure every single one of them is gone, we will live out the rest of our short, miserable days right here on this island.

Last edited by Autumn : 06-22-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Autumn
Head Coach

THE BASICS

-Don't quote any PMs directly in thread
-Don't talk about the game outside of the thread
-Don't edit your posts during the game
-Vote by writing VOTE NAME in bold in your post on its own line
-Unvote by writing UNVOTE NAME in bold on its own line
-Nightfall votes will be accepted but will have to be unanimous, and once entered your vote may not be changed.
-Tie votes will be settled by a mysterious ancient process

SUMMARY

There are three main bad guys, the Mummy and his two Transformed. The Mummy knows all the bad guys, but the Transformed only know each other. Each night the Transformed can bite a player. If successful, that player becomes Infected - they join the bad side and now have the possibility of making a night kill.

However, the doctors and nurses on the good side will be trying to find and cure the infected, while others attempt to get rid of the Transformed and Mummy for good. Two professors search for Evil, and on Night 3 a Mummy Hunter will be created from among the villagers.

Meanwhile the Lovers make their own attempt at victory, by reaching end game together.
  • There can never be more than one night kill in a night. Which Infected makes the night kill is random.
  • The Infected do not know any of the other bad guys. The Transformed know who they have bit but not if it is successful or if they have been cured. The Transformed do not know The Mummy. The Mummy knows all.
  • The only bad guys who can communicate are the two Transformed.
  • Infected lose their vote until they have made a kill. They will still vote in thread but it will not count in the results.
  • The Mummy Hunter appears on Night 3 and can begin searching for The Mummy on Night 4.
  • While the Mummy is still in the game, Transformed who are lynched or killed will be replaced if there are Infected available to move up.
  • While there are still two Transformed in game, and if the Mummy has not been attacked by the Infected, the Mummy cannot be lynched (but will be revealed upon a lynch).

VICTORY CONDITIONS

Evil: Monsters reach equal numbers with the rest of the players. Only The Mummy and the Transformed count as Monsters, all other players count for Good parity (even Infected).

Good: Kill The Mummy and all Transformed

Lovers: Both Lovers stay alive to the end of the game.

THE ROLES

Evil:

The Mummy

The Mummy knows the identity of all Evil at all times. The Mummy does not learn the former roles of the Infected. Each night, starting N1, The Mummy may select either himself or one of his two Transformed to boost a vote. The target will now have a vote that counts double for the next day. If a Transformed's vote is boosted the Transformed will learn this at dawn. The Mummy does not have to boost a vote if he chooses not to.

The Mummy is a brutal Evil, and so may choose one player to kill on his way out of the game upon death. The Mummy can only be lynched if either 1 or no Transformed exist in the game. (The Mummy may lose these two abilities if targeted for nightkill, see The Infected section). The Mummy counts as Monster for purposes of Victory conditions.

2 Transformed

The Transformed share a chat and count for parity. Each night, starting N1, they may target one player to bite. A bitten player will be converted to an Infected. A player that was bitten loses his former role abilities (if any). The bite will not be successful if a Transformed has been lynched this day. There is only a 50% chance of success if one of the Transformed was downgraded to Infected the night before (see Infected section). Transformed will not be informed whether their bite was successful.

As long as The Mummy is alive anytime a Transformed dies or gets downgraded the oldest surviving Infected becomes a Transformed. If no Infected exist then nothing happens and the number of possible Transformed in the game will be reduced by 1. Transformed cannot be cured, even if they are downgraded to Infected. The Transformed count as Monster for purposes of Victory Conditions.

X Infected

The infected are those who have been fed on by the Transformed. They develop an unhealthy hatred of humanity and a rather aggressive nature. Those who have been Infected are now on the Evil team and win with Evil. However, it is possible for them to be cured (see Doctors below).

The number of Infected in the game can change but starts at 0. Infected may not chat with each other, and do not know the identity of any other Evil. However, every night each surviving Infected may target one player to be killed. Only one of the Infected, if there are more than one, will perform a kill. The Infected to perform the kill will be determined randomly every night.

If the Infected attempts to kill The Mummy, he will instead remove one of The Mummy's abilities. The first time The Mummy is targeted he loses his partial immunity to lynch and will become lynchable even if two Transformed exist. The second time The Mummy is targeted he will lose his brutal ability. The third time The Mummy is targeted he will die. The Mummy will be informed when he loses his abilities.

If the Infected attempts to kill a Transformed, the Transformed will be weakened and downgraded to Infected status. The Infected who makes the kill will feed on the potent blood of the Transformed and be promoted to take the Transformed's place.

A Infected's vote does not count until after the Infected has managed to successfully kill one player at any point in the game. An Infected does not count as Monsters for Victory Conditions.

The Cultist

Someone has unleashed this horror on the island. Someone who loves terror or hates humanity. The Cultist may target a player to view for Professor/Not Professor each night and will receive a random negative view on N0. The Cultist cannot be infected. The Cultist does not count as a Monster for Victory Conditions.

Good

2 Professors: Professor Davis and Professor Liechting

The professors of archaeology are quickly becoming experts in the nature of these evil creatures and how to identify them. The Professors can target a player each night, starting N1, to view for Evil/Not Evil. A positive hit will be received for all types of Evil including The Mummy. The Professors will receive a random negative view on N0. Professors cannot be infected by the Transformed.

2 Doctors: Doctor Mangold and Doctor Rinehart

The Doctors can target a player each night, starting N1, to cure them of Infected status. Only Infecteds that have never been Transformed can be cured. Once cured the target player goes back to his former role and alignment. Doctors will not be informed whether they successfully cured someone or not. The Doctors cannot be Infected.

2 Nurses: Nurse Donovan and Nurse Michaelson

The Nurses can target a player each night, starting N1, to view for Infected/Not Infected. Transformed and The Mummy will not return as Infected. Each Nurse works with one Doctor (Mangold to Donovan, Rinehart to Michaelson) but does not know their identity. The result of the nurse's views will be sent to their Doctor anonymously each dawn. If one Doctor is killed the remaining doctor will receive both nurse's results. If one nurse is killed, both Doctors will receive the remaining nurse's results.

Mummy Hunter:

On Night 3 a random villager (if any are left) will piece together enough understanding of the monster they face and become the Mummy Hunter. The Mummy Hunter may target a player each night to view for Mummy/Not The Mummy. If he finds The Mummy he will kill him but it takes him a full day, thus The Mummy will die the night after he's been found. The Mummy Hunter counts as 1.5 villagers for purposes of Victory conditions, so if there is one Evil and the Mummy Hunter left at the end, the good guys win. The Mummy Hunter cannot be infected.

10 Villagers:

Villagers have no special abilities. They can be bitten and become Infected and eventually Transformed. They can also become the Mummy Hunter or a Lover.

Other:

The Lovers

All that time together on a small island, leaning over those dusty excavation pits. It's only natural that romance blooms. Two of the players in the game are Lovers. They are randomly determined at the beginning of the game, regardless of faction or role. The two lovers are aware of each other's identity, but may not communicate privately. A Lover always has a vote that counts, even if they have become Infected.

The Lovers win by both surviving to the end of the game. If this happens they actually steal the Major Victory from the other winners. If one of the Lovers dies before the end of the game, both lose. If both Lovers die before the end of the game then they win or lose according to their original factions.

Lovers still count as Evil or Good for other Victory Conditions.

MISCELLANY

Miscellaneous Rules:

Roles are always revealed upon death, this includes former roles of Infected.

Order of night actions:

1 Bite
2 Cure
3 View
4 Kill
5 Vampire Hunter creation

Victory Conditions will be checked after each action phase.

A player that is bitten and subsequently cured in the same night will not learn he was a Infected for a short while, neither will The Mummy be informed of this. A view of such a player (professor or nurse) comes after the cure so it will be negative.

A Infected that was downgraded from Transformed status will not be viewed by a nurse as bitten.

Last edited by Autumn : 06-04-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Autumn
Head Coach

I EagleFan - Killed by the Mummy Hunter Night 5 - The Mummy
II LoneStarGirl
III Julio Riddols - Lynched Day 1 - Doctor Rinehart
IV Zinto - Lynched Day 7 - Doctor Mangold
V Britrock - Lynched Day 5 - Resident
VI Chief Rum - Lynched Day 2 - Resident, Lover - INFECTED
VII JAG - Killed by the Mummy Night 5 - Resident, Mummy Hunter
VIII Narcizo
IX Danny - Killed Night 6 - Nurse Michaelson, Chief Rum's True Love
X CrimsonFox
XI Golden Eagle
XII Mauboy
XIII Bhlloy - Killed Night 3 - Professor Liechting
XIV Kwhit
XV Simbo Klice - Lynched Day 4 - Professor Davis
XVI Passacaglia
XVII Darth Vilus - Lynched Day 6 - Resident
XVIII Raiders Army - Killed Night 5 - Resident
XIX Cougarfreak - Killed Night 4 - Resident
XX The Jackal

Last edited by Autumn : 06-12-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Autumn
Head Coach

***This game includes the possibility of conversion, unconversion, and reconversion. Those that are Infected are on the Evil team, though they know it is possible they could be Cured and returned to good. It is in the spirit of this game to play fully for the team you are on at the time. In other words, while you may hope you get Cured and rejoin the good guys, it wouldn't be in the spirit of the game to reveal to everyone in order to be cured. While you are evil you are expected to do your best to help the Evil team in whatever way you can. If you are Cured, then you are expected to do your best again for the good guys.***

Last edited by Autumn : 05-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I am the antidote. So if you vote me off you'll die.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Whatnot

VOTE WHATNOT
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE VICTIMS
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
Autumn
Head Coach

Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and In by the way. Been a while since I have played a game.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

double dola; unless you have a really weird daily schedule for the game....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
VOTE WHATNOT

Old 05-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
Autumn
Head Coach

Crimsonfox is banned from the game for posting videos in the thread before I've even posted rules.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I'm innnnnnnnnnnnn
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach

Just to be clear, if you want to be in the game make sure you say so, I don't want to assume anyone commenting in here is in.

I will try to get the rules up tonight sometime so you can see what you're getting yourselves into.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll keep playing. Can't get better/familiar if you don't keep playing.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
Zinto
College Starter

I am in.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
britrock88
Pro Starter

In here, too, and trying to figure out how not to draw attention quickly.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
Autumn
Head Coach

You've already failed, britrock
Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #20
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Vote Julio
People you will follow my lead this game!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #21
Autumn
Head Coach

This shit's about to get real.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #22
hoopsguy
General Manager

If this starts on Monday I can't do it.
I'm hoping/expecting to be able to get back in WW mix for a game starting after 6/11.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
Danny
Head Coach

I may play. I always enjoy playing, but i also am easily aggrivated right now so it may be best if i sit out. If the wolves kill me night 1 it would probqnly be ok lol
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #24
Autumn
Head Coach

Rules are posted, and the Whatnot. It may seem pretty complicated at first, but it's really not.

This ruleset is designed for 20 people, so I hope we can get that together. Because god knows what I would do to try to trim it down.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #25
Autumn
Head Coach

If we have 20 by Monday I would start it then, yes. Start time will be a bit flexible until we see how sign-ups will go.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #26
Danny
Head Coach

Or you guys can just deal with the moody version of me lol.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #28
Danny
Head Coach

KOPITAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #30
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
You've already failed, britrock

D'aww.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #31
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Vote Julio
People you will follow my lead this game!

That's a very wolfy thing to say, isn't it?

I promise I will vote for GE this time.

FUCK EA
Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #32
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I like the rules and roles by the way. Amazing how much easier it is to understand whats happening when you have played a round or two. When I used to check out this forum back when I was just a curious lad, I used to sit there scratching my head trying to figure out exactly what was going on.

FUCK EA
Old 05-31-2012, 12:57 AM   #33
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm in.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:15 AM   #34
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Looks confusing and different. So we'll see what kind of wacky theories I can make for this one.

In.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Crimsonfox is banned from the game for posting videos in the thread before I've even posted rules.

I don't want your STD anyway
Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #36
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Evil: Reach equal numbers with the rest of the players. Only The Mummy and the Transformed count for Evil parity, all other players count for Good parity (even Infected).

X Infected

The infected are those who have been fed on by the Transformed. They develop an unhealthy hatred of humanity and a rather aggressive nature. Those who have been Infected are now on the Evil team and win with Evil. However, it is possible for them to be cured (see Doctors below).

These two rules don't match.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #37
Danny
Head Coach

I think they do though, infected count as good for win numbers, but win with team evil?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Ahhhhhhh! I see. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #39
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This game reminds me of the Thing a bit
Old 05-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #40
Danny
Head Coach

I'll play. I just need Crimson and Narc to keep my company in the middle of the night as that is my relaxation time.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #41
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Hoops mailed me and said that he's in. Some killjoy has hacked his account and posted all the stuff about not being able to be in on Monday. But that's just crap.

IN

Sounds a bit like an old-skool WW game.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #42
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
So we'll see what kind of wacky theories I can make for this one.

To the power of 5.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #43
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

GE is in, but he's out of town on the 14th so let's make sure we lynch/kill him by then
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #44
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
These two rules don't match.

Yes, I meant to go back and see if I can find better wording.

If yo'ure Infected, you're on the evil team and you win if they win. But you don't count as an EVIL for purposes of figuring out who won. I think i'll change the wording to MONSTERS to make it clearer.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #45
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
GE is in, but he's out of town on the 14th so let's make sure we lynch/kill him by then

For real? That he's in, I mean.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #46
Autumn
Head Coach

CF, you are going to play, right?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #47
Danny
Head Coach

Autumn i am in
Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #48
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
CF, you are going to play, right?

I can't. I've been banned. I would otherwise. Cause apparently I have to keep Danny company.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #49
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, since it was the Monkees, I guess I'll lift the ban.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #50
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
This game reminds me of the Thing a bit

Yes, this is very much inspired by The Thing. I thought of doing a straight Thing sequel, but the mechanics differed enough that I decided to just do something inspired by The Thing.