Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2019, 08:22 AM   #551
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Even out of context, this is a really cool picture. In context, it might be one of my top five sports pics ever.

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:46 AM   #552
spleen1015
Coordinator

Yeah, that is a great pic.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #553
Atocep
Coordinator

Not sure about Beilein's fit in the nba. The guy can coach at any level, but it's going to be interesting to see him handle NBA personalities.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #554
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
That pic looks like a Renaissance style painting
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #555
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Not sure about Beilein's fit in the nba. The guy can coach at any level, but it's going to be interesting to see him handle NBA personalities.

I don't feel good about a 66 year old first time NBA coach. If this is what we were going to do, retaining Larry Drew for 2-3 years was a better fit. Drew had nothing to work with. At least wait til the Lotto. Maybe you get a surprise call from an agent of a coach nobody thought was available?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #556
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I don't feel good about a 66 year old first time NBA coach. If this is what we were going to do, retaining Larry Drew for 2-3 years was a better fit. Drew had nothing to work with. At least wait til the Lotto. Maybe you get a surprise call from an agent of a coach nobody thought was available?

My guess is the Cavs are going with the Brad Stevens model. Excluding the obvious age difference, I think they are seeing Beilein as an excellent X's and O's guy with a system built for the today's NBA who can work with young guys. Unless Lebron is going back for a third time, the Cavs are probably committed to building through the draft along with Sexton and Osman.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #557
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I think they are seeing Beilein as an excellent X's and O's guy with a system built for the today's NBA who can work with young guys.

Yeah I don't see it. The X's and O's I get, but Beilein has never been a player's coach and he has a weird personality. He's as far away from a Brad Stevens, a Pop, or a Mike D'Antoni as it gets on the personality front.

It's going to be interesting to see how NBA guys react the first time he shuts down a practice because a guy didn't get his feet in the right spot to receive the ball on the perimeter.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:57 PM   #558
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Seems like a legit question of whether Beilein makes it to the end of his first season.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #559
stevew
Hall Of Famer

5 year contract. DG just loves to spend money on fired coaches. It's basically like having Trump as a team owner.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #560
stevew
Hall Of Famer

*Trump meaning, you task all of your people with finding qualified candidates, do 10 interviews, etc, and then set all that aside and just decide to hire someone you talked to. It'd be like doing an expansive supreme court search and settle on Judge Judy.

Last edited by stevew : 05-13-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #561
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah I don't see it. The X's and O's I get, but Beilein has never been a player's coach and he has a weird personality. He's as far away from a Brad Stevens, a Pop, or a Mike D'Antoni as it gets on the personality front.

It's going to be interesting to see how NBA guys react the first time he shuts down a practice because a guy didn't get his feet in the right spot to receive the ball on the perimeter.

Who are the NBA players on the Cavs roster that have the GM's or Dan Gilbert's ear for that to be a problem? JR Smith? Tristan Thompson? Keeping those guys on the roster will doom him from the start anyway regardless of a shut down practice. Are Sexton or Osman going to rebel? I don't think so. I concede that I do not have an in depth knowledge of Beilien 's personality so maybe a huge issue. His players seemed to like him well enough from what I have seen.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 05-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #562
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Saw this mentioned elsewhere, after watching the replay it kind of looks like he travels after he gets the inbounds pass.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:30 PM   #563
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Saw this mentioned elsewhere, after watching the replay it kind of looks like he travels after he gets the inbounds pass.

I guess if they call that travel, then it's only fair they go back and call all the other travels from the game.......
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #564
spleen1015
Coordinator

If they called every travel in an NBA game, no one would score.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:00 AM   #565
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
If they called every travel in an NBA game, no one would score.

Or else the less-lazy players would adjust.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #566
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am disappointed that I did not find any articles detailing conspiracy theories for each lottery team this year.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #567
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Craziness so far through the 5th pick.

Awaiting the top 4.

Amazing that the Lakers have a top 4 pick.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #568
miami_fan
Coordinator

Hahahahahahaha
Old 05-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #569
JPhillips
General Manager

If the Pelicans trade AD to LA that would give them the 1 and 4 and the rebuild would be in great shape.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 PM   #570
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If the Pelicans trade AD to LA that would give them the 1 and 4 and the rebuild would be in great shape.

True, that's a good rebuild.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #571
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Let's go Blazers!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #572
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wouldn't surprise me if AD has a change of heart with Zion coming to town. AD, Zion, and Jrue is just about as good a big 3 as you can get.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #573
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Let's go Blazers!

Really happy for my PDX friends. They are amazing fans up there. That being said I think they get destroyed tonight
Old 05-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #574
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I was totally able to grab torches and yell RIGGED!! And then the Pelicans get the pick, lololol!!

AD with the shocked Pikachu face right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2019, 08:03 PM   #575
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Not in this shit class. Zion and Morant or bust. I'd trade out of the Top 5 for sure, maybe even Top 10, if I didn't get 1 or 2.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #576
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

Or they don't trade him, have an insane frontcourt, Jrue Holiday as a pretty decent third wheel and are borderline contenders without even making any moves this offseason.

I don't know how broken that relationship with the front office really is, but it's not like AD is landing in a better spot with the Lakers with an aging LeBron and a terrible front office. He's definitely got to be nuts to consider the Knicks now. Boston maybe the only destination that looks better, unless his bridges are considerably burned in New Orleans (or he cares about being in a big market more than winning).
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #577
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

3 and Knicks assets or 4 and Lakers assets. What's your pick?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #578
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

KD to NO?
Old 05-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #579
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Not in this shit class. Zion and Morant or bust. I'd trade out of the Top 5 for sure, maybe even Top 10, if I didn't get 1 or 2.

This is true, and why no one should ever scream again the lottery is fixed.

They are sending two of the most dynamic players to come out in some years to NO and Memphis while NY and LAL finish 3 and 4.

Its almost as if they were trying to prove it isn't fixed.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #580
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah, I'm assuming that AD forces a trade. If he's willing to stay, then keep him and build a monster front line.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #581
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yeah, I'm assuming that AD forces a trade. If he's willing to stay, then keep him and build a monster front line.

This is such a great free agent class. If they could get AD to stay then sign a guy like Kemba they would be great.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:15 PM   #582
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This is true, and why no one should ever scream again the lottery is fixed.

They are sending two of the most dynamic players to come out in some years to NO and Memphis while NY and LAL finish 3 and 4.

Its almost as if they were trying to prove it isn't fixed.

The funny thing of course is you can build a narrative that it's fixed no matter what happens. This is clearly fixed as if New Orleans lost AD they might lose the franchise and the NBA doesn't want to lose them as a market or see another superstar force a trade to a superteam.

DGB (Maple Leafs) does a funny take on this before the hockey lottery every year.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #583
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is such a great free agent class. If they could get AD to stay then sign a guy like Kemba they would be great.

They already have Jrue
Old 05-14-2019, 08:22 PM   #584
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
They already have Jrue

They could move him to the 2.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #585
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
3 and Knicks assets or 4 and Lakers assets. What's your pick?

Pray that you don't have to make that decision because neither is very enticing? I guess Lakers because I can squint really hard and sort of imagine Lonzo as a top 3 option on a championship contender.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:25 PM   #586
bhlloy
Coordinator

The Pelicans salary cap situation isn't looking too hot mind. I think if you could do it you'd be persuading AD to get back to the playoffs next season and then looking to max somebody in 2020. Unless you can do something with the salary owed Solomon Hill and E'tuwan Moore.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:35 PM   #587
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Pray that you don't have to make that decision because neither is very enticing? I guess Lakers because I can squint really hard and sort of imagine Lonzo as a top 3 option on a championship contender.

Probably depends on how much you rate RJ Barrett over whoever you would take at #4. I agree, neither looks great. Barrett at least makes Zion comfortable right away, plus you can get a ton of picks as the Knicks have the extra Mav picks to trade.

I don't agree with you on Lonzo though, so there's that.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:37 PM   #588
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
KD to NO?
In a sign and trade for AD? I like it. (But no, I still think Durant is 100% set on the Knicks even though he seems like he'll hate the media and extra attention after the initial honeymoon period.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:41 PM   #589
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I think Philly might still entertain a Ben Simmons (+ Tobias Harris S&T?) for Anthony Davis trade, and that'd be fascinating for both sides. Pair Simmons with the best open court finisher his age and a team that wants to get out in transition, pair Embiid and Davis in Philly and go all-in on the twin towers look on defense (plus AD is a better shooter than Simmons).
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 PM   #590
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
In a sign and trade for AD? I like it. (But no, I still think Durant is 100% set on the Knicks even though he seems like he'll hate the media and extra attention after the initial honeymoon period.)

It was a joke. No chance KD goes to NO
Old 05-14-2019, 09:26 PM   #591
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I think Philly might still entertain a Ben Simmons (+ Tobias Harris S&T?) for Anthony Davis trade, and that'd be fascinating for both sides. Pair Simmons with the best open court finisher his age and a team that wants to get out in transition, pair Embiid and Davis in Philly and go all-in on the twin towers look on defense (plus AD is a better shooter than Simmons).

I think Simmons and Zion is an awkward fit. Maybe it would work because it would be so hard to defend, and Simmons is almost certainly the best thing that NO could get back in a trade, but you’d think they’d have to absolutely surround them with as many shooters as they could get their hands on to make it work.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #592
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I really wanna see Zach Collins get punched in the face
Old 05-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #593
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Blazers have no business still being in this game
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #594
spleen1015
Coordinator

Man, I wanted Zion on the Knicks. Really glad he's not going to the Lakers though.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:59 PM   #595
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Where was this Rodney Hood at in Cleveland?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:10 PM   #596
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tyreke Evans disqualified from NBA for 2 years
Old 05-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #597
miami_fan
Coordinator

Reason #65169984 why the Warriors are up 3-0 in the WCF.

We have had a Meyers Leonard game before we have had a Damian Lilliard game.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #598
whomario
Pro Starter

And still the Blazers were up comfortably until Lillard decided he had to try and force things to get going and throw everyone else off his rythm in the process. Very NBA of him ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:28 PM   #599
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Well purists will be happy that a game defining travel was finally called
Old 05-20-2019, 10:38 PM   #600
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Weird they play 5 minute overtimes and 12 minute quarters. Seems like 6 would make more sense?

Also Looney has to get at least 5-7million a year after this series, right? He's a free agent at a good time after a fairly strong performance.