Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #451
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
This could be 2 weeks in a row that I am over 140 points and lose.

I am going to be pissed unless the Dolphins can scrape 2 points together on D tonight. I am not optimistic.

I think you'll manage the two points, which will give me the weekly award for highest point-total in a loss (155.50)

You can thank my genius decision to start JeMarcus Russell instead of Eli Manning. If I didn't do that, I would have had the highest point total in both of the first two weeks.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #452
Butter
Coordinator

2.3 points and I scraped by with the win, mostly thanks to the single sack that the Dolphins managed to record.

Santana Moss, why you gots to suck so bad?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #453
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ugh. 0-2. I'm just not doing well- I've made some minor tweaks but we'll see how things go moving forward

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #454
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Yeah 0-2 as well...so glad this isn't a money league.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #455
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I have no idea how my team did so well, I guess it was a very consistent effort from everyone? but somehow it looks like I'm going to get the win despite going up against MJD and Santana Moss.

I'm still not sold sold on my team, but I guess I would say I'm pretty solidly happy.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #456
Danny
Head Coach

Wow did I really just lose by 0.18
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #457
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I really don't know how I'm 3-0.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #458
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I have no idea how my team did so well, I guess it was a very consistent effort from everyone? but somehow it looks like I'm going to get the win despite going up against MJD and Santana Moss.

I'm still not sold sold on my team, but I guess I would say I'm pretty solidly happy.

Westbrook was out and my #2 RB Ward did absolutely zip. My #2 QB spot also did next to nothing. So, there you go. You had an excellent week all around. I'm a bit annoyed that my point totals so far don't amount to better than 1-2, but hopefully it'll come around if injuries don't destroy my team first.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #459
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

bizzump. Fun week. I'm down by 20 with Rivers, Gates, Denver D, and Denvers kicker left. My Opponent, I forget who now is done. I think (hope/pray) I can pull it out.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #460
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
bizzump. Fun week. I'm down by 20 with Rivers, Gates, Denver D, and Denvers kicker left. My Opponent, I forget who now is done. I think (hope/pray) I can pull it out.

I expect you to pull it out. Starting the Titans D was a bad decision.

Last edited by Masked : 10-19-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #461
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

It didn't help. But you have scored a ton this week, I'm not sure if I will or not. If Rivers to Gates has a good day then yes. if not I'm screwed.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #462
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Dola, you shoulda seen me watching the Jets game and following live on the stats thing on Yahoo. When they faked that FG in OT and then the Bills won that was like a 7 point swing also. You had Feely and the Jets D. The things FF makes us root for is weird , lol.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #463
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Looks like I'm going to lose to Quikshot....
Old 10-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #464
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Looks like I'm going to lose to Quikshot....

Don't take it too hard, Ray Rice was a great idea, waiting on quarterbacks - not so much.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #465
Butter
Coordinator

Looks like the field is going to bunch up a bit.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #466
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Go Hawaii Ha'a!

no, really just trying to see what everyone's thoughts are so far.

My team is solid I feel, but I have no depth at all, if I lose anyone to injury, im pretty fucked
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #467
Masked
College Starter

I'm just pretty fucked
Old 10-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #468
Butter
Coordinator

My #2 QB spot has turned into a rotating circle of hell.

I've played Derek Anderson and Josh Johnson there the last 2 weeks. Yuk.

Yet somehow I have 2 straight massive blowouts and the 2nd highest point total in the league. Color me surprised.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #469
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

My initial strength is dissipating. I think I've been lucky with WR performance so far, and very lucky with TE performance, and have largely rode Manning & Benson to second place.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #470
molson
General Manager

Taking Steve Smith (Car) and Calvin Johnson so high has definitely hurt. And my RB situation has also gone south, with Portis and the Buffalo RBs.

But Sims-Walker and Miles Austin should help me at WR the rest of the way. QB is fine with Brees and Eli Manning. TEs are very strong. Lynch/Portis/Bradshaw/McCoy is very shaky at RB, but hopefully I can play the matchups.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #471
Danny
Head Coach

Who would have guessed QB would be the strength of my team? Big Ben and Flacco turned out to be great picks, but unfortunately my RB and WR haven't quite lived up to my expectations. Though it's mostly not their faults as Jackson has performed very well, his team is just so bad and Barber was doing really well before his injury.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #472
Danny
Head Coach

That said, despite my 3-4 record I am 3rd in total points (couple of close crushing losses) so I think a win this week puts me in decent position to me make a run toward the finish. At least I hope so.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #473
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

My record belies the fact that I'm one of the worst in overall points scored...when your team roster holds 4 QBs (Cassel, Cutler, Vince Young and Alex Smith), you know its gonna be a long season.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #474
Danny
Head Coach

My team is in another nail biter this week. Hopefully I can finally pull out one of these close ones. If not, playoff hopes look dim at 3-5
Old 11-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #475
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, again. This time it looks like a 0.92 point loss.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #476
Butter
Coordinator

Pittsburgh's defense saved me this week. Ever since Polamalu has come back, they are 5 times better.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #477
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Just realized I've hit a pretty big losing skid.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #478
Butter
Coordinator

Almost feel like I should apologize to molson, who nearly hit 200 points this week, but I got over 205.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #479
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

yea that was some awesome crazy scoring. This league is coming down to the wire. I'm enjoying my spot in the standings right now.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #480
Butter
Coordinator

You're going down next week, Hawaii Ha'a!!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:31 AM   #481
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
You're going down next week, Hawaii Ha'a!!!!!

Ahem... what was that... ?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #482
Danny
Head Coach

Woot! I am back in the hunt now! Need to win out in all likelihood, but have a decent shot at playoffs now. Still wish I could have pulled out one of those super close ones earlier in the year.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #483
molson
General Manager

I've really crapped the bed in this league.

Time to play spoiler!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #484
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Ahem... what was that... ?

Lost by .29. Can't believe I couldn't count on Welker to get 9 lousy points. That's crap!

Rematch in the playoffs!!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #485
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

My freefall continues....
Old 12-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #486
Masked
College Starter

I have no hope either, even if I win out, I've got the fewest points scored in the league.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #487
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Lost by .29. Can't believe I couldn't count on Welker to get 9 lousy points. That's crap!

Rematch in the playoffs!!!!!

Yea actually, I had it counted as a loss going into monday night, I was like there is no chance in hell Welker won't get 9 points. I was sure of it. then as I was watching I was like damn how many catches he got. hes close. YAY he didn't make it
Old 12-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #488
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

dola, btw I hate finishing first in leagues, so I hope I dont, I always have the team that wins the regular season and then gets ousted in the first playoff round. I'll be pissed if that happens.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #489
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so I'm finally back to FOFC after a bit of "damn, work is just way too busy" and I do feel bad about not posting in this thread more than any other since there should be a lot of talking in it, but looks like things are doing just fine in my absence. As is evident by a lot of my roster moves, I have kept rearranging the deck chairs on my Titanic but team's still not good

And, as stated before- wow, coming down to the wire.

SI

Old 12-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #490
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I just noticed I've clinched a play off spot. have fun fighting for the rest suckers! lol jk.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #491
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I've had a nice little win streak put me in a position to possibly win out and still miss the playoffs, or, even better, take a crushing loss to k0ruptr who doesn't really care how the next 2 weeks play out

SI

Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #492
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

All in all, I've really enjoyed this league again, last time I think I finished in 2nd, so apparently I pwn this league. nah jk but it really is fun, and IMO regular fantasy football rules should be defaulted to this. Imagine how much more fun FF would be if this was the default yahoo style. that would be awesome. Out of my 4 leagues I am in this year, this is clearly the one I am interested in the most, and would be even if I was in last instead of first.

the only things I would (possibly) change is maybe lowering the points the team defense can generate some how. I've seen a lot of weeks where team defense can rack em up, and I don't think it should be that way. but thats just my opinion. I also wish there was some way to increase Tight ends, but they can't be changed separately of receivers I'm guessing. And then one final thing is maybe lowering the QB's a little bit, because it seems like they are the highest scorers in the league, I would lower them slightly just to make it more even. but I could be wrong.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 12-02-2009 at 01:35 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #493
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm feeling a smidge of regret about the bench in this league. A little, but not a ton. The ww still has a lot of talent in it- hell, I just picked up TO a couple of weeks ago (tho he had been awful up until I did) and there are still decent WRs out there right now. However, QB is bone dry- can't do much about that.

I just wish there was an injury spot available- you can put anyone who is Questionable or lower in that spot (so, no "probable"s since they mostly play anyways) and can't use them for the upcoming week. Then you can have 5 bench guys beyond that. There are some difficulties with that, tho- as injury status just goes from Thursday until gametime. And then on Wednesday (WW day), you'd actually have a guy not in the injured spot but with no status until Thursday when injury reports came out.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-02-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #494
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
The ww still has a lot of talent in it- hell, I just picked up TO a couple of weeks ago (tho he had been awful up until I did) and there are still decent WRs out there right now. However, QB is bone dry- can't do much about that.

You're welcome

He did nothing for me.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #495
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Yea actually, I had it counted as a loss going into monday night, I was like there is no chance in hell Welker won't get 9 points. I was sure of it. then as I was watching I was like damn how many catches he got. hes close. YAY he didn't make it

REMATCH!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #496
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

My team was much better at the end of the season than at the beginning but that just tells you how bad it was at the start. My team is also a lesson about how you really need to balance out your team. I had 2 of the top 5 scoring QBs (and top 10 players overall) but my RBs were bad and, aside from picking up New Orleans D at one point, I never really got much from my down roster team (TEs, Ks, Ds) except for a good week here or there. My team, in general, just felt really inconsistent- if I had good weeks from my, say, RBs, then my WRs would have a bad week, or vice versa.

Time to try and get 1st in the Consolation bracket!

SI

Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #497
molson
General Manager

It looks like a late-season run gets me into the consolation bracket
Old 12-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #498
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Started strong, faded by the end. But I enjoyed myself and would participate next year.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #499
Butter
Coordinator

I must thank whoever it was that dropped Ricky Williams. Otherwise, my RB situation would've been a mess after Westbrook went down.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #500
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
REMATCH!!!!!

SOB. I didn't want to play you in the playoffs, my team better show up.