Coordinator

That's a semi-confusing statement there, thanks for that EF
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #802
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
The only other thing that I would mention -- as one of the profs -- is that bhlloy very well may be a transformer who had a 50% shot at EF being infected. Obviously, dangerous odds to play. But with that it leads me to believe that bhlloy is indeed a professor.

Still something to think about..

I'm not sure what you mean by this, if he was a transformer why give up two infected in a row?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #804
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
unvote nightfall

Making myself have second thoughts..

Your vote is locked in since you voted nightfall
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #805
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this, if he was a transformer why give up two infected in a row?

If he plays on infecting CR the first night and gets lucky he buys himself time as a "seer" then EF here may actually not be infected which in turn kills a villager but possibly two more people are infected which essentially will take over as the Transformer at some point.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #806
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Either kill me or cure me.

If you are the infected you have to be lynched because you will be night killing one of our seers tonight.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #807
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
If he plays on infecting CR the first night and gets lucky he buys himself time as a "seer" then EF here may actually not be infected which in turn kills a villager but possibly two more people are infected which essentially will take over as the Transformer at some point.

I am not sure if it is really worth doing what you said. Bhlloy had no pressure after day one and all he would be doing is buying himself another day so that seems more like a desperation move.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #808
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
If you are the infected you have to be lynched because you will be night killing one of our seers tonight.

Well technically cure comes before kill, but I don't think we want to take that risk. I'm sure the doc will target Simbo (assuming we kill EF)

But of course, since the docs aren't informed if they successfully cure, we won't know for sure that it worked due to a variety of scenarios depending on which evil roles each of them is. Best to lynch when we know for sure
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #809
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Then lynch me, please. That will at least buy you another night without a nightkill.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #810
Zinto
College Starter

I believe it is highly unlikely that bhlloy would fake reveal at this point and if he did then I do not understand what he accomplished in doing so.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #811
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I am not sure if it is really worth doing what you said. Bhlloy had no pressure after day one and all he would be doing is buying himself another day so that seems more like a desperation move.

Right - I guess. I was just trying to figure out if it was worth doing a sacrifice like that.

With EF asking to be cured I feel good about bhlloy now.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #812
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Well technically cure comes before kill, but I don't think we want to take that risk. I'm sure the doc will target Simbo (assuming we kill EF)

But of course, since the docs aren't informed if they successfully cure, we won't know for sure that it worked due to a variety of scenarios depending on which evil roles each of them is. Best to lynch when we know for sure

Right I keep forgetting the order of night actions. I guess we could go Simbo first, we could try and tie them but more than likely it will get mucked up but I agree that the doctor should try to cure the other person who survives the lynch.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #813
Autumn
Head Coach

I wouldn't normally clarify a rule I'm not asked about, but looking at the rules I see I did not write it carefully enough, and I see that people are getting the wrong idea.

The Cultist, though they win with Evil, do not scan as Evil. That is like a normal Cultist, but I see implied the opposite in the rules writeup.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #814
The Jackal
Coordinator

Awesome, that's good news in terms of these scans
Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #815
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well obviously that is huge. Assuming mauboy is telling the truth we know the identity of at least one important bad guy
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #816
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

N0 - Pass
N1 - Narcizo - Good
N2 - Simbo - Bad
Old 06-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #817
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Well, I get back here and see all types of ridiculousness has transpired. I'm probably going to get lynched based on the way things are shaking out so I'll throw it all on the table. I'm Professor Davis. I got bhlloy as my initial positive, then Passa was good on night 1... and I had EagleFan since early this morning as my scan. Should've said something much earlier, bh.

I don't know what kind of BS mauboy's got, but I clearly can't be infected.

Vote mauboy
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #818
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I'll note I was against bhlloy revealing his positive because there was a possibility they were roled, as I'd gotten him and I was worried he had me.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #819
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm..
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #820
The Jackal
Coordinator

What does Mau have to gain from a fake reveal here?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #821
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
What does Mau have to gain from a fake reveal here?

He made me reveal, and might get me lynched. Then we can safely assume bhlloy gets NK'ed and you have no professors. I'd say he's the cultist.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #822
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If I could switch my vote I possibly would. But we've got two wolves/infected for the next two days, regardless.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #823
Zinto
College Starter

The only way that Mau fake reveals is if he is the cultist and started to feel the pressure on the wolves hoping to draw out the seer. The chances that as the cultist he picked Simbo out of a hat to say was bad and he happened to be the seer are super small so it seems unlikely.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #824
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
He made me reveal, and might get me lynched. Then we can safely assume bhlloy gets NK'ed and you have no professors. I'd say he's the cultist.

Very good point there. I was trying to think why mau would out a random villager but forgot the cultist could scan for professors
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #825
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Very good point there. I was trying to think why mau would out a random villager but forgot the cultist could scan for professors

And I forgot that also
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #826
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
And I forgot that also

It's still unlikely. Or very lucky. I was starting to think that EF is the mummy goading us into voting for him because he knows nothing will happen, but it may be hard to convince ourselves not to lynch the guy our known (i guess not 100% but close enough) seer outed
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #827
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

unvote mauboy
vote EagleFan

We should leave him be for now. Both professors are out and we should try to stop the Nightkills from happening so we have time to work. Now that we're both out in the open, we can actually communicate scans before the last friggin' hour when some people are headed to work.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #828
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm out for the night.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #829
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
The only way that Mau fake reveals is if he is the cultist and started to feel the pressure on the wolves hoping to draw out the seer. The chances that as the cultist he picked Simbo out of a hat to say was bad and he happened to be the seer are super small so it seems unlikely.

That is possible actually, i hadnt considered that.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #830
The Jackal
Coordinator

About time for me to get some sleep. Will do my best to post during the day but work is very busy at the moment and my break time needs to be partially devoted to the hero draft

Some food for thought from this exchange for sure
Old 06-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #831
bhlloy
Coordinator

It's a nice try Simbo. For a moment I could totally see the cultist pulling that move.

But then we'd have to accept the fact that he luckily picked you and hit the seer. There's no way of knowing that. So that's 1 in 16 or something along those lines. Then we'd also accept that you got the other seer as your n0 scan which is something I don't think the GM would do. And that you luckily picked EF as your scan before I did today, which is another 1 in 16 shot. All in all, it's just way too much to be believable.

If you are telling the truth, hell of a play by Mauboy and hopefully I don't get NK tonight. But to buy your story is just too far fetched.

vote simbo
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #832
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Not to overstate my case, but this is the exact play the cultist should/would make. His asset is to learn the identity of professors, so posing as one to cause confusion and hopefully get the town to lynch one is his best case scenario when he finds one, with the worst case being that they have to out themselves. I'd also note that we have a history as an ill-fated pairing in the Dungeon that may have been the reason he selected me to check out.

Although I know it would be a waste of town assets and would prefer not to do it, bh could scan me tonight and confirm I'm not Evil.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #833
bhlloy
Coordinator

Simbo's story also sounds like something a wolf would be coached to say. My guess is he's one of the transformed and he put his head together with the other one to come up with that story. I'm thinking he might not be a better kill today than EF, who seems to want us to vote for him and could well be the mummy, which is why my vote is on him for now. I also think we need to clear up him vs mauboy as soon as possible and not give mau the potential chance of misleading us tomorrow

Assuming mau is telling the truth I'm glad he cleared Narc as that was going to be my next scan. I also think we can buy a little trust for Pass being named as Simbo's good scan, there's slightly less chance of him being a wolf now IMO
Old 06-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #834
bhlloy
Coordinator

Simbo - that would be a horrible use of town assets seeing as we almost certainly only have 2 scans left. But a nice wolf play to suggest it
Old 06-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #835
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
It's a nice try Simbo. For a moment I could totally see the cultist pulling that move.

But then we'd have to accept the fact that he luckily picked you and hit the seer. There's no way of knowing that. So that's 1 in 16 or something along those lines. Then we'd also accept that you got the other seer as your n0 scan which is something I don't think the GM would do. And that you luckily picked EF as your scan before I did today, which is another 1 in 16 shot. All in all, it's just way too much to be believable.

If you are telling the truth, hell of a play by Mauboy and hopefully I don't get NK tonight. But to buy your story is just too far fetched.

vote simbo

And that's why I'm pretty resigned to my fate. Why'd you pick EagleFan? I did because he seemed to balk at your first scan result, and that was scummy to me. If you hadn't waited until so close to deadline, I might have been able to get something else.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #836
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I get back here and see all types of ridiculousness has transpired. I'm probably going to get lynched based on the way things are shaking out so I'll throw it all on the table. I'm Professor Davis. I got bhlloy as my initial positive, then Passa was good on night 1... and I had EagleFan since early this morning as my scan. Should've said something much earlier, bh.

I don't know what kind of BS mauboy's got, but I clearly can't be infected.

Vote mauboy

So it's
Night 0 -- bhlloy
Night 1 -- Passacaglia
Night 2 -- EagleFan

And you had EagleFan since this morning? What time zone are you in?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #837
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Simbo - that would be a horrible use of town assets seeing as we almost certainly only have 2 scans left. But a nice wolf play to suggest it

Glad you're so confident, just remember you screwed the pooch big-time on this one.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #838
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So it's
Night 0 -- bhlloy
Night 1 -- Passacaglia
Night 2 -- EagleFan

And you had EagleFan since this morning? What time zone are you in?

Actually 11:55 PM last night. I'm in EST but work nights mostly.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #839
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Then when did you find out about me?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #840
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Don't vote Simbo, definitely don't vote mau as occam's razor says mau is th eone telling the truth at this point. Vote me or cure me. I would rather you go the cure me route but that seems like it isn't certain.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #841
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote EagleFan
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #842
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

And who did you find out about tonight?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #843
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
And that's why I'm pretty resigned to my fate. Why'd you pick EagleFan? I did because he seemed to balk at your first scan result, and that was scummy to me. If you hadn't waited until so close to deadline, I might have been able to get something else.

Small discrepancies in his story while talking to Danny and I close to deadline, plus the feeling he was throwing out generic analysis at a time when nobody was voting and he was unlikely to get heat for it during the time that people were going to be considering who to vote for.

If you are telling the truth, that will be the most insanely unlucky turn of events in a WW game ever. I think you made your story too perfect. If you had chosen three random likely to be villagers as your scans, I might have considered it.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #844
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I didn't balk at the scan result. You may want to re-read what I said.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #845
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:

If you want an exact time, 10:12.

I put my scan in that early because the vote was a runaway and Autumn had mentioned to be sure to get your PMs in in the event that Nightfall was voted.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #846
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote Chief Rum

Seems like a slam dunk but that itself can be troublesome as nothing is ever that easy on day two, is it?

Was going to look at voting a Julio voter. Not sure if Chief is on that list.

Sorry that I missed the deadlines but I was exhausted (very little sleep last night, damn insomnia) and fell asleep. There seemed to be a lot of changing after I laid down.

This is you winding most of the way up to pitch and instead throwing to first.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #847
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If you want an exact time, 10:12.

I put my scan in that early because the vote was a runaway and Autumn had mentioned to be sure to get your PMs in in the event that Nightfall was voted.

10:12 last night, or two nights ago?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #848
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Small discrepancies in his story while talking to Danny and I close to deadline, plus the feeling he was throwing out generic analysis at a time when nobody was voting and he was unlikely to get heat for it during the time that people were going to be considering who to vote for.

If you are telling the truth, that will be the most insanely unlucky turn of events in a WW game ever. I think you made your story too perfect. If you had chosen three random likely to be villagers as your scans, I might have considered it.

I wish there was a video recording me as I caught up. I went from happy to getting the PM, to grimacing as I read you and Danny's part, to straight out WTF when mauboy popped in. I can't believe how screwed I got myself.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #849
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
10:12 last night, or two nights ago?

On 6/4/12.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #850
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is you winding most of the way up to pitch and instead throwing to first.

Not really. How many day two slam dunks are there? If I'm a wolf at that time all I do is vote and say nothing (except maybe a generic "great job seer".

I've been infected. Lynching me will prevent a night kill so I have no issue with being lynched.