Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-17-2005, 11:28 PM   #101
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Whar,

Render mentioned above that he was interested in joining the league if someone dropped. Perhaps we can use him to replace one of the two teams.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 03:57 AM   #102
Alf
Pro Starter

Alf here. Whar, I have a playing window opened tonight starting 8.30pm my time (2.30pm eastern).
Old 09-20-2005, 07:45 AM   #103
Alf
Pro Starter

Whar, are you OK ? I haven't seen you reply to either of my games proposal or log into fumbbl for 4 days now.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #104
RendeR
Coordinator

I replied to your PM Glen and have a couple teams I can play with, though I haven't the foggiest clue how to actually start a game with someone. I'm up for a friendly game for the next couple hours of anyone has the time and patience to teach me wtf I'm doing =)

You can reach me on AIM or yahoo messenger at RENDER18

Last edited by RendeR : 09-20-2005 at 01:42 PM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #105
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf
Whar, are you OK ? I haven't seen you reply to either of my games proposal or log into fumbbl for 4 days now.

I've been working Whar an unprecedented amount lately. Last week, I'm guessing he put in almost 40 hours. I remind him of needed to schedule your game, and he grumbles about it daily.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:51 PM   #106
Whar
Mascot

I have had a really bad week. Sorry Alf

I can take a long lunch this week to finish this game. Or some time during the week end. I think my evenings for you are very early in the morning so those are out.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:23 PM   #107
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
I replied to your PM Glen and have a couple teams I can play with, though I haven't the foggiest clue how to actually start a game with someone. I'm up for a friendly game for the next couple hours of anyone has the time and patience to teach me wtf I'm doing =)

You can reach me on AIM or yahoo messenger at RENDER18

Just as an FYI. Once you have created your team and gotten them approved, you can play them. To do so go to your Coaches Overview screen, and click the 'Play' link next to the team. That will start the client launcher, and is the best way to get an actual Fumbbl game started.

I'm on the west coast, and my best time to play is 9 pm or so. Probably too late for most folks. I'll certainly work on getting up early to play Alf, and my weekends are much more flexible. I'll play you if you want to get the hang of things. I'm just hard to find these days.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:26 AM   #108
Alf
Pro Starter

To all, I should be available this week end (saturday evening my time, meaning afternoon-evening your time) and most of sunday.

As I still can't post from home, I'll update my profile with my AIM, Yahoo and MSN contact info. (FWIW, we got in touch like this with Chas and were able to agree on a game "date")
Old 09-21-2005, 10:32 PM   #109
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, for real now, I'm in the JAVA chat, someone look me up for a friendly and we'll knock some heads
Old 09-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #110
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, well I got a friendly game in with a guy who knows his shit. beat the tar outta me with his chaos beasties. But I learned a LOT.

I'd like to Enter my Chaos team into the league instead of the humans.

Banichi's Bengals

Coach: Banichi

I'm out for tonight, but I'll try and be around tomorrow night round midnight eastern standard/daylight/whatever the fuck it is now
Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 AM   #111
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Chaos is interesting. One of the bashier teams to be sure, plus they have those mutations that can work pretty well. I'll try and be out and look for you tomorrow night. I've played a few pickup games so far, and have been having fun with it. I played my virgin Orc team against an Ogre team, and learned that you really shouldn't try to play a Bashy style against a wall of Ogre flesh. The guy lured me into the middle of the field and collapsed on me....It was brutal.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:03 PM   #112
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry Glen, life decided to interrupt me tonight, couldn't play. I'll ty to be around this weekend a bit too.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #113
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I just want to throw this up for everyone, if any newbies are having any problems or need some advice for team development, PM me.

I'd love to be in this, if I wasn't in a tabletop league I might have enough time to play in this one!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #114
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

/grumbles and continues to wait for someone to beat up with his dwarves :-)
Old 09-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #115
Alf
Pro Starter

Alf finally being able to post from home (after he entered the correct FOFC password for his account....)
Old 09-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #116
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf
Alf finally being able to post from home (after he entered the correct FOFC password for his account....)

Good Show. Now if we could only get Whar to hook up with you.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:06 PM   #117
Alf
Pro Starter

Glen, I just finished the game with Whar and ready to play you (just a few roster adjustments)
Old 09-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #118
RendeR
Coordinator

I am now prepped and ready to convert all others to chaos, or KILL them trying MUhahahahahahahaha

Banichi's bengals are ready to pound some Blood Bowl pitch.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:03 PM   #119
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm available right now till midnight or so for a match, wether its a league game or just a friendly. Contact me via AIM or yahoo messenger.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #120
Whar
Mascot

RendeR's Bengals are now in the league. They have their first game against Sir Fozzie. The 46 Dwarf Devestators and the Dregs of Gorfolk are the only two teams with week one wins that have still to go. A win by either team will place them in first.

Whar

P.S. Darwin's Theory has swore enternal emnity towards Ye Olde NFL Boys for killing their team captain Gore on Horn.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #121
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

RendeR: I'm home at 6:30 tonight. Available after that..off thursday-saturday too.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #122
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whar
RendeR's Bengals are now in the league. They have their first game against Sir Fozzie. The 46 Dwarf Devestators and the Dregs of Gorfolk are the only two teams with week one wins that have still to go. A win by either team will place them in first.

Whar

P.S. Darwin's Theory has swore enternal emnity towards Ye Olde NFL Boys for killing their team captain Gore on Horn.

Dregs of Gorfolk hope to play their 2nd week game tonight!

Regards,
Chas
Old 09-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #123
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Game report: Primus Pain 3, Dregs of Gorfolk 0

If an Orc team gets outbrawled by a bunch of humans, the match probably isn't going to end well for them. So it proved here. The Dregs tried to smash the ball up the middle; the problem was that they couldn't smash. A Black Orc was knocked out by a rock before the game started. Biig the Troll got himself killed by Rojus, a new lineman making a highly impressive debut. With the center not moving, the Pain blitzers were able to flank the Orc line and cause havoc, Verith seriously injuring two orcs. The ball popped loose, the humans took advantage of their numerical advantage to win the brawl, and Quitor the lineman got into position to receive a touchdown pass (which he dropped before picking the ball up in the endzone). A similar sequence of play resulted in the Pain's second, as an unexpected blitz around the side of the Dreg's ferocious line of scrimmage knocked the ball loose and star blitzer Oreoneon - not normally known for his skill with the ball - managed to break free of the ensuing scrum and pass for Mitius to score on the stroke of half-time. The second half started well for the Dregs, as they were able to block the Pain's attempt at a passing play down the right flank before knocking the ball loose when the Pain tried to switch sides. The Pain eventually won the scrum, however, and Mitius once again was the target of a well-placed pass. That seemed to take the heart out of the Dregs (ie Chas decided that since he wasn't going to score three times in three turns there wasn't much point risking unnecessary injuries), and the game ended without further incident.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:12 PM   #124
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So it's up to 46 Dwarf Devestators tommorrow at 1 or so Eastern to be the only undefeated/untied team? Wow.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #125
Whar
Mascot

Actually the Bengals inherit the Orcish SNout forfeit win against Burnt Offerings. So both teams have a win. Winner will have the undisputed lead.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:15 AM   #126
RendeR
Coordinator

I know its a short trip, but dem dwarfs is goings DOWN
Old 09-29-2005, 12:03 PM   #127
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok folks, Banichi's Bengals are ready to RUmble, where is dem stinkin Dwarfs.....
Old 09-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #128
RendeR
Coordinator

I think we scared dem little bone bags away =)
Old 09-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #129
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

46 Dwarf Devestators defeat the Banichi's Bengals 3-0, game abandoned midway through in the 2nd half.

The DD squad were in full effect, scoring twice defensively in the first half, and adding another in the 2nd half. The Bengals had enough and left, swearing vengeance for a beastman killed by the dwarves so thoroughly, even the Bengals trained apocathery couldn't help them.

The Dwarves take over first place in FOFC with the win.

Good Game Render, I wasn't attempting to rub it in
Old 09-29-2005, 06:14 PM   #130
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Dwarves next opponent are Whar's Lizards. (I hate the Lizards ) Should be a good game.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:17 AM   #131
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Ye Old Can of NFL Ass-Whooping brought down the Black Powder Bulls in a late night-early morning affair. The 'Ole NFL boys had beaten most of the fight out of the Bulls after scoring their second touchdown. The Bull's star Hobgoblin, Toe Nail, was heard threatening most of his team mates from the sidelines, after they started to play, what was in his words, "sissy elf ball". The Fight had been beaten out of the Bulls by the end of the game, as the NFL Boys controlled the line of scrimage from beginning to end. The Bull's fans agreed with "Toe", as the team's lack of desire has cost them a point of fan factor.

All in All Alf's Orcs beat the crap out of my team. He controlled the game from beginning to end, save for Bronc's brief sprint down the sideline for our only score. Even that was only possible by making WAY TOO MANY Go For Its with no re-rolls. I think we could easilly have been skunked in this game. The NFL boys seem to be pretty evenly developed. There seemed to be lots of orcs with Guard or other annoying skills, and that made things pretty difficult for me. I might have a reasonable shot at a draw or maybe even better, if I get to face Alf again. However this outing, he really did dominate my team, dictating the flow of the game, and limiting my options. Good Game Alf. I'm already planning for next time.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:39 PM   #132
RendeR
Coordinator

No worries Fozzie, just goes to prove there is always more to learn in these games =) I'll get you next time!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #133
Alf
Pro Starter

Glen, that was fun to play;, and I only have 2 guards actually
Old 09-30-2005, 02:17 PM   #134
Warhammer
Pro Starter

When the dice have you down, just remember and repeat after me....

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #135
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, Katon and I ran into huge server problems last night, how do we complete the game and get the results up? We were in the second half and he was killing me(no surprise) but then the server just kept dying and I couldn't even reconnect to the game and neither could he.

Anyone dealt with this before and have a way to resolve the game so we can continue forward in the league?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #136
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

waiting to play Whar still.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #137
Alf
Pro Starter

is Whar still around ?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #138
Arctus
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Ok, Katon and I ran into huge server problems last night, how do we complete the game and get the results up? We were in the second half and he was killing me(no surprise) but then the server just kept dying and I couldn't even reconnect to the game and neither could he.

Anyone dealt with this before and have a way to resolve the game so we can continue forward in the league?

You need to load the saved game and continue playing. I think there are some somewhat confusing instructions on the site, but basically:

Run Bbowl manually from where ever it is stored on your HD. (Don't use the play option on the fumbbl overview screen). Whoever is hosting the game will have to load the saved game.

To do this, select the following at the set up:
Click Net Server
check proxy
Host: fumbbl.com
port: 8080
proxy: whatever you want
load the save game file - click browse and select your game. Name format is XXXXvsYYYY.inc; where X's are the first 4 letters of your team name, and Y's are your opponents.

Run the game.

The person who is the client can run a game as normal, just type in the proxy and go.

Game will autoload the saved position. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.......sometimes the save game files are sometimes different for each player when restarting. The player whose turn it was when the game crashed should have the most recent file. The other player should sync to his opponents saved game before anybody makes a move. You do this by right clicking on a blue portion of the screen and selecting the sync command. I think it is embedded under another command, but i do not recall which one. If you do not resync, strange things will happen.

Hope this helps.
Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:53 AM   #139
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Anybody seen Whar around? I was supposed to play him on Saturday, but he didn't show...

I've PM'd him, but he hasn't replied... hmmmm...

-Chas
Old 10-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #140
Alf
Pro Starter

Whar ?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:44 AM   #141
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I was supposed to play a game with Whar this weekend... but never found him online... I couldnt get on on Friday as expected, but we had a backup plan for late afternoon his time on Saturday... he never contacted me...

Hope to play sometime this week. I'm traveling so I have nothing much to do in the evenings anyway...

-Chas
Old 10-18-2005, 06:50 AM   #142
Alf
Pro Starter

Chas, whenever you see me online on Yahoo messenger, give me a call
Old 11-02-2005, 05:37 AM   #143
Alf
Pro Starter

A last bump attempt
Old 11-02-2005, 06:34 PM   #144
Fafrac
n00b

Fafrac here (Gentle Men All - High Elves). I am still wanting and ready to play. Let's not let this die.
Fafrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #145
Whar
Mascot

I have missed games with Chas twice and have a PM to Sir Fozzie out right now. I will try to get the games in as our schedules allow.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:54 PM   #146
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I'm still here.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:43 AM   #147
Alf
Pro Starter

to all, I think sending PMs both here and there (I prefer there) and posting here at the same time. I see guys not having logged at fumbbl for over 3 weeks.

Let's keep this going on !
Old 11-03-2005, 08:26 AM   #148
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Whar... Yeah... we've had some troubles... I'll be free just about every evening next week... I'm traveling for work, so my nights are open!

Regards,
Chas
Old 11-07-2005, 09:16 AM   #149
Alf
Pro Starter

bump it up
Old 11-15-2005, 03:41 AM   #150
Alf
Pro Starter

ahem