Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #101
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Oswald passes to Downing who centers it to Ortega.. Ortega tries to shoot, but a defender blocks it.. Godoy gets the rebound in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That was Godoy's 1st EPL Goal of the Year.

39 minute mark: Boogart was knocked down by a player but no call.. That gives McCarthy an open shot from 20 yards out.. upper right corner.. Adriano is late getting there! GOAL. 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1. They have just over 40,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Adriano with a long outlet pass to Oswald deep in their territory.. Oswald turns on the speed, burns two guys... shoots from 18 yards out.. powerful shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1. That is Oswald's 5th of the year.

73 minute mark: Flores on for Adriano who is tired.

85 minute mark: Downing with just a beautiful 25 yard pass to the right corner of the box which catches Ortega in stride.. he dribbles towards the right goal post.. shoots the sharply angled shot.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

88 minute mark: Downing picks up a minor injury.

Game over. 3-1 win for us.

We were outshot 15-13 (7-5 on target in our favor)

Ortega wins MoM, 9 for form, 16 of 17 passes, 3 of 4 tackles, 0 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 13 runs, 1 assist, and 1 goal.

Adriano (GK), Miller, Godoy, Downing, and Oswald all had 8's for form. Everyone else had a 7.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Downing strained his calf and will miss at least 10 days.

Boogaart needs a rest according to the physio.

Nov 5, 2018 -

Ortega and Downing were both selected to the EPL Team.

Nov 7, 2018 -

Today we travel to play Q.P.R in the 4th round of the English League Cup. They are 9th in the EPL and they don't have any strikers that I'm really concerned about. Their midfield is good, but we should be able to dominate them. Their best player, is their keeper, Mark Howard who has done very well for them this year. However, I hope to pepper him with shots.

We are very heavy 1-8 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 30's.

Injured: Kompany, Barbosa, and Downing.

GK: Blanco (While it is a risk in a league cup match, I've wanted to give him a start, and I don't expect many shots by QPR)
DL: Trotta
DC: Cardozo
DC: Salva
DR: Schmidt
ML: Pinna
MC: Tamburini
MC: Parker
MR: Schreurs
SC: Rooney (I want to get him a big match to bolster his confidence again)
SC: King

S1: Adriano (GK - Will come in if Blanco struggles early)
S2: Boogaart
S3: Ortega
S4: Adriano
S5: Miller
Old 02-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

30 minute mark: Their defense has thwarted two Rooney breakaways so far. Their keeper has 3 big saves already.

32 minute mark: Rooney with a corner to the near post.. Salva heads it.. into the crossbar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 19,000 fans here today.

King has a 5 for form at the half. Adriano will be brought in, if he doesn't do better in the next 5 minutes.

51 minute mark: Adriano on for King.

55 minute mark: Schreurs with a nice attacking run up the right side.. crosses it to the far post.. Rooney heads it.. over the bar.

58 minute mark: Rooney with a nice banana shot from 25 yards out, but their keeper saves it.

60 minute mark: Rooney with a hard tackle on their defender.. yellow card for Rooney.

66 minute mark: Parker with a great through ball into the box... Rooney gets to it.. shoots from 10 yards out.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

80 minute mark: Schreurs with another nice run up the right sideline.. long cross.. Adriano heads it.. the keeper saves it.

Game over. 1-0 win. Not the big win I was expecting, but I'll take the win.

We outshot them 16-2 (9-0 on target)

Rooney won MoM, 9 for form, 14 of 14 passes, 4 key passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 5 of 10 headers, 1 interception, 3 runs, and a goal.

Pinna and Tamburini had 8's for form. King had a 4 for form! Everyone else had 7's.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #104
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

My Physio informs me Salva and Parker both need rest.

Nov 9, 2018 -

Craig King injured his ankle in training today and will miss 2-3 weeks.

A reasonably good draw as we will travel to play Birmingham in the English League Cup Quarter Final.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 14, 2018 -

Many of my players played well in international friendlies, but the most impressive was Antonio Blanco who had 7 saves for Spain's U19 team in a 1-0 victory Denmark.

Nov 16, 2018 -

Richard Money has been hired to take over at Coventry City.

Teams are starting to ask to borrow my young keeper Graham Lewis. I'm going to let him go on a loan and hopefully get some first team experience. The 17 year old keeper is showing tremendous potential.

Nov 17, 2018 -

Today we host Tottenham in an EPL Match. We are in 1st while they are in 19th place. Tottenham has had even more injuries than us this year and they don't have the depth to absorb them. 6 of their best players are out today with injuries. The best player that will play today for them is striker Michele Amoroso who has 4 goals in 15 starts and is playing well. However, he is very unhappy with the club's losing ways this season. Phil Wright has done an admirable job as his complimentary striker. Phil is a 24 year old English striker with blazing speed which is his biggest asset.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's windy with temperatures in the 50's.

Injured: Adriano (GK) is slightly hurt, Cardozo, Schmidty, Kompany, Godoy, Downing, Barbosa, and King are all out with injuries.

GK: Adriano
DC: Boogaart
DR: Miller
MR: Ortega
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Blanco
S2: Oswald
S3: Schreurs
S4: Flores
S5: Petit
Old 02-12-2006, 12:22 PM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Tamburini with a nice attacking run up the left side as he and Pinna switched positions on the play.. Tamburini with a solid cross, but the keeper punches it away.

12 minute mark: Adriano gets called for handball. Ortega argues the call.. he is lucky the ref just warned him.

17 minute mark: Rooney with a nice move to split two defenders in the left half of the box.. he crosses for Adriano, but the keeper intercepts it.

26 minute mark: Ortega gets called for obstruction.. yellow card.

30 minute mark: Trotta with a long throw in to Adriano.. he heads it to Ortega in the right half of the box.. Ortega with an immediate shot.. lower left corner.. off the post.. and in! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

41 minute mark: Pinna has it knocked away, but runs back and steals it from his man, burns his man, and then crosses it perfectly for Adriano. The keeper stops Adriano's header. I love Pinna's tenacity.

43 minute mark: Pinna dribbles up the left sideline.. LONG cross to Ortega.. he passes it between two defenders to Adriano in the right half of the box.. Adriano shoots from 16 yards out.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. We have just over 66,000 fans here today.

52 minute mark: Pinna is dribbling into the box.. he is tripped by Danny Perry.. they call it outside the box! Ortega just misses the 21 yard Free kick. Perry gets a yellow card.

55 minute mark: Ortega has a minor injury. I put Schreurs on for him.

Oswald on for Parker as well.

65 minute mark: Flores on for Rooney who has just been average and is tired.

74 minute mark: Flores with a good shot from 12 yards out.. nice save by their keeper.

Game over. 2-0 win. Pinna is impressing me more every game.

We outshot them 15-1 (8-0 on target)

Pinna wins MoM, 9 for form, 31 of 40 passes, 6 key passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 3 of 7 headers, 1 interception, 7 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Ortega with an 8 for form. Parker with a 6. Everyone else had 7's.

Flores, 24 minutes played, 7 for form, 2 of 3 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 1 run, and 1 offside call.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Antonio Ortega strained his groin and will miss 1-2 weeks.

Salva and Boogaart need a rest according to my physio.

Nov 18, 2018 -

Our U18 team won 2-0 against oldham, but Jurgen Meyer didn't have any goals or assists.

Nov 19, 2018 -

Adriano Pinna is thrilled to have been selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Fulham has fired Carles Puyol. Thierry Henry is a favorite to take over the job.

Fulham is currently 13th in the EPL.

Graham Lewis has gone to York on loan. This will give Alessandro Di Matteo some PT as my U18 keeper.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 20, 2018 -

Today we travel to play Valencia in a meaningless Champions League Match. Valencia is 3rd in the Spanish First Division and has a very talented team. Striker Romain Dos Santos leads the team with 9 goals in 13 starts. Romain is a world class striker who has exceptional physical abilities matched by tremendous technical abilities. Ben Bennett is playing very well at centreback and is the key to the defense which has been good. Tim Wiese is 36, but the German keeper is still playing at a very high level with less than a goal per game allowed.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

DL: Schmidt
DC: Cahais
MC: Heller
MC: Oswald
MR: Schrerus
SC: Flores

S2: Rooney
S3: Tamburini
S4: Wright
S5: Trotta
S6: Parker
S7: Downing
Old 02-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Dos Santos schools my defense.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. Great save by Adriano!

7 minute mark: Long pass to Flores, he shocks me by faking out two defenders.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. over the bar.

20 minute mark: Schreurs with a long pass towards the box.. Adriano and Wiese racing to it.. Adriano wins the race.. shoots sharp angle.. it's past Wiese.. inches wide left!

29 minute mark: Adriano with a pair of acrobatic saves. Dos Santos is toying with my centrebacks.

39 minute mark: Dos Santos beat both centrebacks and beat Adriano.. but Schmidt stopped the shot with his chest!

43 minute mark: Adriano with a pair of acrobatic saves!

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We are facing a lot of shots, but Adriano is holding up.

They have over 54,000 fans there today.

47 minute mark: Pinna with a great attacking run down the left side.. nice cross.. Adriano heads it.. just over the bar.

49 minute mark: Flores steals it at midfield.. perfect pass over two defenders to the box.. Pinna beats everyone to it.. he shoots.. Wiese saves it.. Pinna with great effort gets the rebound.. shoots.. Wiese saves it.

Cahais is playing better the last 15 minutes (or Dos Santos is getting tired.)

58 minute mark: Pinna passes it to Flores.. he spins away from 2 defenders.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Wiese with a great save!

62 minute mark: Heller clears the corner kick with a long pass down the field.. Flores wins the race to the ball! He beats Bennett.. he dribbles into the box.. he fakes right.. dribbles left.. He has Wiese unbalanced.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!!! 1-0. Flores with a great play!

70 minute mark: Bennett with a long pass over both our defenders.. Maury beats Schmidt back to the ball.. Maury dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. Adriano misses this one. GOAL. 1-1.

Trotta on at Right wing (I love his versatility) for the very tired Schreurs.

Wright on for a tired Adriano.

79 minute mark: Trotta uses his exceptional speed on a strong run up the right side.. long cross.. Flores heads it.. the keeper barely tips it away.

85 minute mark: Dos Santos with a great dribble into the box.. gets an open shot.. Adriano blocks it.. Maury shoots.. Adriano saves it.

89 minute mark: Trotta steals the ball.. dribbles up the right side.. passes to Wright in the box.. perfect pass.. Wright shoots.. over the bar.

Game over. 1-1 tie. I'm very happy to have at least tied on the road with Cahais starting.

We were outshot 22-16 (14-9 on target)

Tim Wiese won MoM, 10 for form, 8 saves, 15 of 19 passes, 3 interceptions.

Adriano also had a 10 for form, 13 saves, 11 of 17 passes.

Miller, Heller, Pinna, Schreurs, Oswald, and Flores all had 8's. Adriano had a 6 for form. Everyone else had 7's.

Flores, 8 for form, 25 of 25 passes, 2 key passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 2 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 7 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.

I think that was Flores' best game on the first team.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 22, 2018 -

Brian McClair has left FC Bayern to take over as manager at Fulham.

We play Fulham next. Hopefully, I can make his first game unpleasant.

Nov 23, 2018 -

Brian McClair has told the media, "Manchester United is my favorite to win the League. I think we are going to have a very hard time beating them."

I reply, "We feel that if we play to our potential, we can beat anyone. If we play to our ability, we can win the EPL."
Old 02-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #111
Christomir
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm very happy to have at least tied on the road with Cahais starting.

Is he really that bad these days?

Quote:
Flores, 8 for form, 25 of 25 passes, 2 key passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 2 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 7 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.

I think that was Flores' best game on the first team.

Does that mean to say he has never gotten more than 8 for form?
Christomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christomir
Is he really that bad these days?

Does that mean to say he has never gotten more than 8 for form?

Cahais languished on the bench and really regressed. It's partially my fault, but he just never panned out for us. He is still good, but I don't consider him even much better than a good defender at the EPL Level which doesn't cut it against a player of Dos Santo's capability.

Flores had plenty of 10's on my U18 team, but he hasn't had better than an 8 for my main squad. He has had several 8's this year, but this was the first time where I felt he was my most dominant player (not counting my keeper) on the pitch.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 24, 2018 -

Today we travel to play Fulham in an EPL Match. They are 13th in the EPL. They rely on striker David to do most of their scoring. He leads the team with 7 goals. David is a 27 year old Spanish striker who is strong and leaps well. He is a dangerous target man, but not much of a playmaker. Jiri Mach is a 30 year old Czech midfielder who is a very skilled passer and does the best job of setting up David's goals as well as the other strikers. Defensively, Andrew Black is using his strong frame to push strikers around in the box, but he doesn't always have the best positioning. Michael Rensing has been inconsistent in goal this year. The keeper really has the talent to be one of the best, but he has had some horrible games this year. Other games, he has been amazing.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 50's.

DC: Miller

S2: Cardozo
S3: Godoy
S5: Boogaart
Old 02-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: David gets the ball at midfield.. passes it up to Sorin Gheorge.. he puts a move on Salva.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. Adriano is late. GOAL. Down 1-0.

16 minute mark: Schmidt clears their corner with a beautiful pass up field.. Rooney gets to it.. dribbles towards the box.. he is caught from behind.

25 minute mark: Pinna picks up a yellow card (yet again.) I guess his competitive play is going to get him those..

31 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for tripping David.

32 minute mark: Miller gets a yellow card for pushing David.. Miller argues the call.. lucky to get lectured.

Benjamin Balde takes the free kick.. shoots over the wall.. 25 yards out, but Adriano misplays it.. GOAL! 2-0.

43 minute mark: Pinna just makes a perfect pass into the box for Rooney.. he shoots from 6 yards out.. right at the keeper.. he blocks it.

Halftime: Down 2-0. They have almost 22,000 fans here today.

65 minute mark: Tamburini with a nice through ball into the box.. Rooney shoots from 8 yards out.. right into the keeper's chest. He blocks it. Rooney looks listless out there.

67 minute mark: Wright on for Rooney and Godoy on for Parker.

71 minute mark: Pinna with a nice run down the left side.. strong cross to the far post.. Adriano with a diving header.. over the bar.

76 minute mark: Pinna dribbles down the left sideline.. short cross to Adriano.. he heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

87 minute mark: Very crisp passing up the pitch from Schmidt to Godoy to Adriano to Wright who has a breakaway.. he is caught from behind as he enters the box.

89 minute mark: Adriano with a quick pass up the pitch to Pinna who plays a perfect ball ahead for Godoy.. he dribbles into the box.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots... GOAL!!!! 2-2!

92 minute mark: Pinna with a nice attack up the left side.. strong cross for Adriano.. he heads it.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

Game over. 2-2 tie. I guess I'm glad we at least salvaged the tie out of that early fiasco.

We outshot them 14-5 (10-3 on target)

Tamburini wins MoM, 9 for form, 26 of 28 passes, 10 key passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 0 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, 2 fouls drawn.

Pinna also had a 9 for form. Schreurs and Adriano had 8's. Adriano (GK) had a 6. Everyone else had 7's.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

My physio reminds me that Salva needs time off.

Nov 25, 2018-

Middlesbrough has sakced Dave Jones.

Nov 27, 2018 -

Pinna and Tamburini were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Nov 28, 2018 -

We travel to play Birmingham in the League Cup Quarter Final Match today. Birmingham is 9th in the EPL while we remain in 1st. They have a diversified offense that is one of the best in the EPL. Striker Carl Rook has had one of his best years with 8 goals in 14 starts. The 30 year old doesn't excel in anything except shooting the ball very well. His partner Jose is a 27 year old Spanish Striker with excellent physical abilities, a strong shot, and good passing abiity. He has been excelling this year. 20 year old Midfielder Danny Taylor has been very good for them in the midfield as he is both setting guys up (4 assists) and nailing long shots (4 goals.) Defensively, they are not nearly as good. 34 year old keeper Rune Almenning Jarstein has had a bad year and the defense has been below average. They are relying on 35 year old John Heltinga at centerback and he hasn't been very good as his age is really showing.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 40's.

Injured: Barbosa, Kompany, Ortega.

DR: Boogaart
MC: Godoy

S2: Trotta
S3: Oswald
S4: Downing
S5: Wright

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-12-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Schmidt with a hard two footed tackle on Jose.. yellow card on Schmidt.

6 minute mark: Schmidt with another two footed tackle on Jose! He gets his second yellow card! He is ejected.

King gets a yellow card arguing the call.

Trotta on for King with a 4-4-1 being used with Flores alone up front.

11 minute mark: Quick crisp passing from Heller to Pinna to Schreurs.. Schreurs passes back to Heller.. Heller shoots.. it deflects off of Schmitz, their defender.. own goal on Schmitz! 1-0 lead for us.

39 minute mark: Pinna draws two defenders.. threads a pass between them.. Flores with a good opportunity.. shoots from 14 yards.. grazes the bar as it sails over.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. They have just under 30,000 fans here today.

58 minute mark: Flores with a nice dribble seperates their two centrebacks.. he shoots from 12 yards.. nice save by their keeper.

65 minute mark: Boogaart and Cardozo have each made some key defensive plays the last 10 minutes.

73 minute mark: Pinna with a very nice pass to set up Flores with space in the box.. he shoots from 18 yards out.. upper right corner.. good save by the keeper.

77 minute mark: Taylor passes toJose in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner. GOA.. offside call against Jose saves me!

84 minute mark: Miller with the corner kick.. to the near post.. Pinna outjumps everyone.. heads it.. inches over the bar.

89 minute mark: Pinna with a nice attacking run down the left side.. he centers it for Heller.. Heller has the ball 10 yards out.. he misstrikes it! Soft easy shot. Easy save.

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

We were outshot 14-11 (7-5 on target)

Adriano (GK) wins MoM, 7 saves, 11 of 22 passes, 9 for form.

Every starter had an 8 for form except for Flores and King.

Flores, 7 for form, 23 of 31 passes, 2 key passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 9 headers, 6 runs, 4 fouls drawn.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 30, 2018 -

Wayne Rooney suffered a sprained ankle in practice today and he will miss at least 2 weeks.

I was planning on starting him this next game. Oh well.

Dec 1, 2018 -

The board are thrilled with my performance as manager.

Manchester City's Danny O'Connor has won the EPL Player of the Month Award. The 28 year old defender has been excellent the past month. Aaron Lennon of West Ham came in 2nd, and Chris Cohen of Aston Villa came in 3rd.

Birmingham City's Danny Taylor has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. Jamie Turner of Everton came in 2nd, and Dave Grant of Sunderland came in 3rd.

Manchester City's Kunle Odetoyinbo has won the EPL Manager of the Month Award. Mark Hughes of Birmingham City came in 2nd, and Andy Ritchie of Everton came in 3rd.

After our win against Birmingham City, We will be playing either Chelsea or Southampton in the English League Cup Semi Final.

Here is a look at the League Table Now:

PosInfTeamPldWonDrnLstForAgG.D.Pts
1stMan Utd1612223410+2438
2ndLiverpool1610423016+1434
3rdWest Brom1610332414+1033
4thArsenal1610151712+531
5thChelsea169342613+1330
6thEverton168442118+328
7thMan City169161918+128
8thAston Villa167362417+724
9thBirmingham165652521+421
10thLeeds166371314-121
11thCharlton164841413+120
12thNewcastle165471415-119
13thFulham165381419-518
14thCardiff165381522-718
15thWest Ham164481822-416
16thCrystal Palace163761924-516
17thMiddlesbrough164481420-616
18thSunderland164391430-1615
19thTottenham162591530-1511
20thCoventry1613121234-226
Old 02-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 1, 2018 -

Jurgen Meyer had 2 goals and an assist in our U18's 3-1 win over Everton. Di Matteo played very well in goal today.

Dec 1, 2018 -

Today we host Crystal Palace in an EPL Match. They are in 16th place and are playing reasonably well offensively. However, their defense has been a mess in many games. Defensively, we need to keep an eye on Tom Day. The 27 year old English Striker has 4 goals on the year. His best attribute is excellent timing and off the ball skills. They have been relying on Gabriele Corona in goal. The 24 year old Italian keeper looks completely overmatched in the EPL. I hope to see us put up at least 4 goals on him today.

We are heavy 1-6 favorites.

It's very windy but clear with temperatures in the 50's.

Injured: Kompany, Barbosa, Rooney

Suspended: Schmidt

GK: Blanco (I want to give him a few starts)
ML: Downing
SC: Oswald

S1: Adriano
S2: Cahais
S3: King
S4: Wood
Old 02-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Downing with a nice pass to Adriano in the box.. he shoots from 18 yards out.. nice save by the keeper.

10 minute mark: Trotta dribbles down the left sideline.. crosses it to Adriano by the far post.. the header is down and towards the left corner.. the keeper can't get back! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

20 minute mark: Downing with a nice run down the left sideline.. he crosses it short.. near post.. Oswald heads it.. GOA... whistle. Oswald is judged to have unfairly jumped with the defender. The goal is disallowed.

30 minute mark: Corona is making some surprising saves. Maybe he isn't as bad as I thought he was.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. We have over 69,000 fans here today.

48 minute amrk: Schreurs passes to Parker who passes back to Schreurs right of the box.. he crosses it to Oswald by the near post.. he heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

68 minute mark: Tamburini plays a nice through ball for Downing in the box... he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 22-0 (13-0 on target)

Tamburini won MoM, 8 for form, 24 of 31 passes, 3 key passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 5 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Downing, Schreurs, Parker, Oswald, and Adriano all had 8's as well.

The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

My Physio informs me that Trotta and Salva both need rest.

Dec 1, 2018 -

Stephane Dalmat suffered a back injury in his match against Fulham. He is expected to be out for 2-3 months.

Dec 2, 2018 -

Boogaart suffered a knee injury in training today. He will be out 4-6 weeks.

Barcelona has sacked Ruben Cousillas.

Dec 3, 2018 -

A good draw for us as we will face Millwall in the 3rd round of the English FA Cup.

Dec 5, 2018 -

Today we play Club Brugge in a meaningless EPL Match.

I forgot to type the preview before starting the match, hence no odds or temp.

GK: Blanco (He deserves another easy start.)

S3: Parker
S5: Downing
s6: Schreurs
S7: Heller
Old 02-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Pinna with a nice cross to Godoy.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Flores with the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

18 minute mark: Great ball movement.. pass from Ortega to Godoy.. back to Ortega right of the box.. he centers it back to Godoy.. he shoots from 18 yards out.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

21 minute mark: Ortega with a great run up the right side.. very fast crossto the far post.. Flores with a nice header.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. That is Flores' second of the game. It's his 5th of the season.

Halftime: 3-0 lead for us. We have over 79,000 fans here today.

68 minute mark: Crisp ball movement from Pinna to Godoy to Heller.. back to Godoy.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. strong banana shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

75 minute mark: Wright on for King.

88 minute mark: Godoy with a nice pass into the middle of the box that hits Pinna in stride.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Game over. 5-0 win for us.

We outshot them 17-1 (12-0 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 10 for form, 23 of 27 passes, 2 key passes, 0 tackles, 0 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 17 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 3 assists.

Pinna, Godoy, and Flores also had 10's!

Tamburini had a 9. Blanco had a 7. Everyone else had an 8.

Flores, 10 for form, 12 of 13 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 1 of 6 headers, 2 interceptions, 12 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 goals.

I think Flores continues to improve his play this year. That is his first 10 for our main squad.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Craig King strained his neck and will miss 5 days at least.

Dec 6, 2018 -

We will be playing Chelsea in the English League Cup Semi-Final. The first leg will be at Stamford Bridge.

Jurgen Meyer had 3 goals and an assist and a 10 for form, as our U18 team beat Leeds 4-2.

Dec 8, 2018 -

Tottenham has sacked Kevin Hughes.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 10, 2018 -

Today we travel to play Newcastle. They are 14th in the EPL and most of the team is very unhappy with poor morale. Ignacio, their star striker has 8 goals but he is injured and has been for the last 6 weeks. Their second lead scorer is left winger David Grunert. Grunert is a German left winger with everything I look for in a winger except for speed. He is a superb playmaker, he is creative, he has great flair in his game. He has 3 goals and 5 assists on the year. Jon Hooper is playing very well in goal the last few weeks and will be tough to score against. Craig Scott is slow, technically sloppy, but he has been playing well for them at centreback. I suspect my strikers should be able to turn him in circles and get some good shots on goal.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's cloudy with temperatures in the 30's.

Injured: Boogaart, Kompany, Barbosa, Rooney.

S2: Wood
S3: Flores
S4: Schreurs
Old 02-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #124
jbmagic
Pro Starter

did you ever get FM 06? any plans to do a dynasty with that too?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Schmidt dribbles down the pitch.. plays a perfect high arcing pass from just before midpitch.. Oswald catches up to it.. he is all alone.. pulling away from the defender.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

12 minute mark: Ortega gets a yellow card for a dangerous slider on their left winger, Grunert.

40 minute mark: Heller with a pair of shots on goal, but the keeper stops them both.

Halftime: Up 1-0. They have over 52,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: Robson passes it up to Perez.. he plays it into the box for Adam.. Adam shoots.. upper left corner.. Adriano misplays it. GOAL! 1-1.

63 minute mark: Flores on for Oswald who has a yellow card. Wood on for Godoy who is very tired.

82 minute mark: Miller starts our counterattack off the corner kick.. he plays a long ball down the right sideline.. Adriano catches up to it.. he draws two defenders.. fires a great cross.. Flores with a header.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!!! 2-1. Flores with the game winning goal, most likely.

86 minute mark: Pinna passes to Flores in the left half of the box.. he draws a defender over.. quick pass to the right post.. Adriano quickly shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1. Flores set him up with a great pass.

Game over. 3-1 win

We outshot them 14-12 (9-5 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 9 for form, 28 of 30 passe,s 4 key passes, 6 of 9 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 1 interception, 9 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Adriano and Heller also had 9's. Godoy and Oswald had 7's. Everyone else had 8's.

Flores, 8 for form, 18 minutes played, 5 of 5 passes, 3 of 3 headers, 1 foul drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.

A very impressive relief appearance.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #126
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
did you ever get FM 06? any plans to do a dynasty with that too?

I have FM 06 and started a dynasty with that. However, I'm still getting the occasional crash with hyperthreading and the speed is not very good for the setup I used without hyperthreading on. I'll probably resume that career after the next patch.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

My Physio informs me that Salva and Miller both need rest.

We will play Neriwa Gabe in the Club World Championship Semi Final on December 14th.

Neriwa Gabe is a top Japanese club. They beat DC United 2-1 to advance to the Semi Final.

Dec 12, 2018 -

Both Cahais and Cardozo hurt their legs in training today! Each will be out about a week.

Dec 14, 2018 -

A reasonably good draw as we will face Benfica in the 1st knockout round of the Champions League.

Today we play Neriwa Gabe in the Club World Championship Semi Final. I honestly don't know anything about most of their players, but my scouts say that we should be able to beat them very convincingly.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 50's.

Injured: Cardozo, Cahais, Boogaart, Kompany, Barbosa, Rooney.

GK: Blanco (He shouldn't face many shots)
DC: Miller (injuries force me to abandon my plan to rest him.)
DC: Petit

S3: Godoy
S4: Salva
S5: Wood
S6: Ortega
S7: Adriano
Old 02-12-2006, 09:17 PM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: King passes back to Parker inside the edge of the box.. Parker shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

20 minute mark: Pinna passes it to Trotta who has run ahead.. Trotta with a nice cross to the middle of the box.. King hits it on the half volley.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. Parker has picked up a minor knock and King is looking tired. I'm not sure how far either of them will play into the 2nd half.

60 minute mark: Wood on for Parker and Oswald on for King.

80 minute mark: Tamburini and Wood probing the defense.. passing it back and forth.. Wood shoots from 20 yards out.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Game over. 3-0 win.

We outshot them 25-0 (10-0 on target)

Schreurs wins MoM, 8 for form, 17 of 21 passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 1 of 2 headers, 11 runs, 1 foul drawn.

Parker and Pinna also had 8's. Everyone else had a 7 as most of my guys just coasted.

Flores, 7 for form, 12 of 15 passes, 1 key pass, 0 of 1 tackles, 5 of 9 headers, 3 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

I think Flores doesn't play really well unless it is a "big game."
Old 02-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #129
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We will play Boca in the Club World Championship Final.

Dec 18, 2018 -

Ortega, Heller, and Adriano were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Tottenham has hired Mick Harford from Bolton to become their new manager.

Dec 19, 2018 -

Today we play Boca for the Club World Championship Final and more importantly the 9 million dollar prize money Boca is one of the top teams in Argentina and they will be much more challenging than our last match. Boca's Roberto Ojeda is a good striker with a powerful shot and excellent passing ability. Their other striker, Sergio Larrondo is a lethal target man. Their keeper, Sergio Ponce isn't very good, nor is their defense.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

Injured: Cardozo, Boogaart, Kompany, and Barbosa.

DR: Trotta

S2: Tamburini
S3: Parker
S5: Wood
S6: Schreurs
S7: Rooney
Old 02-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

22 minute mark: Heller with a decent through ball that is just a little too far for Pinna as it crosses the endline.

They are keeping 8 men back and frustrating us so far.

40 minute mark: oswald elbows Diaz and gets a yellow card.

42 minute mark: Ortega gets the ball at midpitch.. quickly moves it up the pitch.. passes to Adriano in the middle of the box.. Adriano shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. There are over 72,000 fans here in Yokohama watching this Final.

Our guys are just coasting with all 7's for form.

50 minute mark: Oswald gets the ball at midpitch.. dribbles past a defender.. down the left side of the pitch.. crosses it to Ortega.. Ortega fakes out the keeper.. shoots it.. into the post! Adriano is on the rebound.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

65 minute mark: Rooney on for Oswald, Wood on for Godoy, and Schreurs on for Ortega.

70 minute mark: Rooney dribbles up the left side.. tries to cross.. a defender blocks it.. Pinna gets the deflected ball.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. Pinna with a great play!

79 minute mark: Pinna passes it to Rooney on the endline.. he tries his trademark shot that runs parallel to the endline.. it curves way too late. Wide right.

88 minute mark:Pinna passes to Rooney left of the box.. he centers it for Adriano.. he knocks it down.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0. That is Adriano's hattrick. That is also his 15th goal of the year.

Game over. 4-0 win.

We outshot them 16-9 (10-2 on target)

Adriano wins MoM, 10 for form, 22 of 25 passes, 1 key pass, 0 of 1 tackles, 9 of 12 headers, 4 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 3 goals.

Ortega had a 9 for form. Every other starter had an 8 as we turned it up in the 2nd half.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:13 PM   #131
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We've won 9 million dollars for winning the Club World Championship.

That was our 4th consecutive win in the Club World Championship Final.

Dec 22, 2018 -

Today we travel to play Everton in an EPL Match. Everton is 7th in the EPL. They have a dynamic scorer in striker Neil Gibson. The 28 year old English striker has very good physical abilities with a nice shot. Stuart Brown is a speedy striker who is a good compliment for him. Defensively, Ceiran Hutcheson has deteriorated as a keeper at the age of 32. He is making more mistakes and is having just an average year. If we can get him into one of his funks, this should be an easy win.

We are 4-7 favorites.

S2: Godoy
Old 02-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #132
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

20 minute mark: Pinna with a great attacking run down the left side.. crosses it to Ortega in the right side of the box.. he draws the keeper over.. fires a quick pass to King by the left post who taps it in for the GOAL!!!! 1-0.

44 minute mark: Ortega passes it to Rooney in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. weak shot. The keeper easily saves it.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. They have over 40,000 fans here today.

49 minute mark: Pinna passes to Rooney left of the box.. he crosses it to far post.. Ortega with a diving header.. over the bar.

52 minute mark: Ortega with a good pass to lead Rooney up the pitch.. he is caught from behind.

54 minute mark: Pinna passes it to Rooney at midpitch.. Rooney dribbles up the left sideline.. he crosses it short.. to Pinna.. he heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

62 minute mark: Adriano with a pair of acrobatic saves.

63 minute mark: Flores on for Rooney who is tired and Petit on for Miller.

66 minute mark: Adriano passes to Flores at midpitch.. Flores with a nice dribble between two defenders.. around another defender.. draws another defender over.. plays a perfect pass to King.. King shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. Flores truly set up that goal. Great play, the announcer gives him all of the credit.

69 minute mark: Long pass from Tamburini to King.. he gets it in the right half of the box.. draws the keeper over.. fires a pass to Flores.. he hits it on the halfvolley.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

71 minute mark: Adriano with a deep ball to Flores.. he beats two defenders to get to the ball.. dribbles into the box.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0! Flores with 2 quick goals!

75 minute mark: Gibson ges a nice pass from Paul Kelly (my former player).. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 5-1.

Game over. 5-1 win

We each had 14 shots. 9 on target for us to 4 for them.

Parker wins MoM, 9 for form, 23 of 27 passes, 3 key passes, 8 of 9 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 8 interceptions, 3 runs, 1 foul drawn.

Pinna, Ortega, and King all had 9's for form. Rooney and Adriano (GK) had 7's. Everyone else had an 8.

Flores, 8 for form, 27 minutes played, 7 of 9 passes, 1 key pass, 1 of 1 tackles, 2 of 3 headers, 2 runs, 1 foul drawn, 1 assist, and 2 goals! Another impressive performance.

I praise Pinna's performance after the game and his form in general this year.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 26, 2018 -

Schmidt, Cahais, and Ortega were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Today we host Cardiff in an EPL Match. Cardiff is 14th in the EPL and they have been decimated by injuries. However, their leading striker Bartomeu Monteiro de Almeida is healthy. He has 6 goals on the year, and like the last time we faced Cardiff, we will have to keep an eye on him. Andy Gibson, their best defender is also healthy. However, they have 10 players injured including their #2 and #3 keepers!

We are 1-2 favorites.

Injured: Boogaart, Kompany, Barbosa.

DR: Cahais

S3: Ortega
S4: King
Old 02-13-2006, 12:38 PM   #134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Godoy with a nice dribble up the middle of the pitch.. he passes to Pinna left of the box.. Pinna with a quick cross to the far post.. Adriano with a header.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

24 minute mark: Heller steals the ball midway into their zone.. he passes it to Schreurs right of the box.. Schreurs with a cross to the middle of the box, just outside the 6 yard box.. Godoy heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

42 minute mark: Godoy has the ball at midpitch.. he dribbles a few steps.. fires a pass over the defender.. Flores gets to it in the left half of the box.. he draws the keeper over.. fires a pass over the keeper.. Adriano heads it.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Halftime: 3-0 lead. 69,000 plus fans here today.

63 minute mark: Adriano with pressure on Williamson, their left back.. Adam Williamson passes it back to the keeper.. Luis Carlos wasn't expecting that! OWN GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Adriano is tired, and I'm only giving him a few more minutes to go for his hattrick.

72 minute mark: King on for Adriano and Oswald on for Heller.

77 minute mark: Schreurs with a nice run up the right side.. he centers it to Oswald.. Oswald shoots from 25 yards out.. the keeper misplays it! GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Game over. 5-0 win.

We outshot them 9-2 (9-1 on target)

Schreurs wins MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 27 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 5 of 8 headers, 3 interceptions, 15 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 assists.

Godoy and Adriano had 9's. Adriano (GK) had a 7. Every other starter had an 8.

Flores, 8 for form, 12 of 15 passes, 1 key pass, 1 of 2 tackles, 6 of 7 headers, 1 interception, 7 runs, and 1 assist.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 29, 2018 -

Former Manchester United player Alan Smith has become the new manager of Barnsley. Alan is 38 and should be a very good manager.

Barnsley is 12th in the English Championship.

Today we travel to play West Brom in an EPL Match. They are currently in 4th while we are in 1st. West Brom is led by star striker Michael Perry. Michael is a 29 year old English Striker who has a very strong shot, a great dribble, and some creative moves. Michael is supported by a good right winger, Michael Puscher. Puscher is 30 year old winger who has excellent crossing ability. Centreback John Yates has been good, but the rest of the defense has just been average. Keeper Ian Turner is very talented and he has played very well this season.

We are 4-7 favorites.

Injured: Boogaart, Kompany, Barbosa.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Surprisingly, they are starting Baker in goal today!

13 minute mark: Tamburini gets a yellow card for pushing their midfielder.

15 minute mark: Pinna passes it to Tamburini outside the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

18 minute mark: Rooney is tripped in the box! Penalty awarded. King shoots.. wide left!

26 minute mark: Pinna passes to Tamburini in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

29 minute mark: Pinna with a nice attacking run down the left side.. he crosses it to the far post.. Ortega heads it.. wide right.

44 minute mark: Cahais picks up a yellow card for a trip on Puscher.. just outside the box.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 30,000 fans here today.

60 minute mark: Ortega with a strong run up the right side.. long cross to the far post.. Pinna heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

65 minute mark: Godoy with a nice through ball into the box.. Rooney hits it in stride.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

67 minute mark: Sub Ryan Wallace gets a nice pass from Perry.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 2-1.

75 minute mark: Oswald on for Rooney and Schreurs on for Ortega.

Game over. 2-1 win for us

We were outshot 19-10 (8-4 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 9 for form, 14 of 19 passes, 4 key passes, 4 of 8 tackles, 4 of 6 headers, 5 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Adriano (GK) also had a 9 for form.

Cahais had a 7 for form. All of my other starters had 8's.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 PM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1, 2019 -

Ortega, Adriano, and Rooney were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

The board is thrilled with my performance as manager.

Antonio Ortega won the World Footballer of the Year Award! Adriano came in 2nd, and Wayne Rooney came in 3rd as we swept the award!

Ortega won the World Player of the Year Award. Rooney came in 2nd, and Romain Dos Santos of Valencia came in 3rd.

Ortega won the European Footballer of the Year Award. Rooney came in 2nd, and Sergio Flores of R.C. Deportivo de La Coruna came in 3rd.

Adriano (GK) has won the European Goalkeeper of the Year Award. Tim Wiese of Valencia came in 2nd, and Chris Taylor of Liverpool came in 3rd.

Chris Miller won the European Defender of the Year Award! Mickael Schmidt came in 2nd, and Diego Cardozo came in 3rd as we swept this award as well!

Miller thanked me profusely in his acceptance speech and said that I was a key reason for his consistent form in the last year, and that my confidence in him was key to his development.

Antonio Ortega won the European Midfielder of the Year Award. Michael Heller came in 2nd, and most surprisingly (considering I only started playing him regularly recently) Adriano Pinna came in 3rd as we swept yet another award!

Wayne Rooney won the European Striker of the Year Award. Romain Dos Santos came in 2nd, and Miguel of Juventus came in 3rd.

That was just an unbelievable haul of hardware for our guys!

Ortega has won the EPL Player of the Month Award. Adriano came in 2nd, and Craig Scott of Newcastle came in 3rd.

Adriano Pinna has won the EPL Young player of the Month Award. Dario Tamburini came in 2nd, and Michael Turner of Everton came in 3rd.

Leed's Joe Roach won the EPL Manager of the Month. I came in 2nd, and Ezio Rossi of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-13-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Here is a look at the table as we are really starting to pull away in the EPL:

PosInfTeamPldWonDrnLstForAgG.D.Pts
1stMan Utd2117225213+3953
2ndArsenal2314452716+1146
3rdLiverpool2212553722+1541
4thChelsea2312563319+1441
5thWest Brom2312473225+740
6thLeeds2311482517+837
7thMan City2210482525034
8thAston Villa229583125+632
9thEverton238872631-532
10thNewcastle237882524+129
11thFulham2384112528-328
12thCharlton2351262021-127
13thMiddlesbrough2376102331-827
14thBirmingham2351173534+126
15thSunderland2367102235-1325
16thCardiff2274112033-1325
17thCrystal Palace235992636-1024
18thWest Ham2365122534-923
19thTottenham2338122038-1817
20thCoventry2335151941-2214
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 PM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now, that we are a bit more than midway through the season, let's look at a few key individual stats on my team:

Adriano leads the team with 14 goals overall in competitive matches in 18 starts and 3 relief appearances.

Rooney is second with 9 goals in 17 starts.

Flores is third with 8 goals in 12 starts and 10 relief appearances!

Craig King is 4th with 7 goals 13 starts and 5 relief appearances.

Pinna leads the team with 8 assists (as well as having 5 goals) in 21 starts. I didn't realize I had given him that many starts.

Ortega is tied for the lead with 8 assists. He has 3 goals as well.

Flores is 3rd on the team with 6 assists.

King and Downing also each have 6 assists. Downing has done that in only 9 starts. However, Downing will be leaving the team as a Bosman player. He is 34 (almost 35) and I won't re-sign him at this point.

Godoy is next with 5 assists (and 5 goals.)

Adriano has 14 goals allowed and 14 clean sheets in 25 starts.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1, 2019 -

Very odd. Despite being 190k under our wage budget, the board doesn't want to give me sufficient money to sign any of the potential Bosman players out there. However, I still have a 65 million dollar transfer budget this year. We are having trouble making money this year, so maybe that has something to do with it. We've only made 2 million profit on the year despite the 9 million dollar prize for winning the Club World Championship.

Today we host West Ham in an EPL Match. They are in 18th and most of their team is unhappy. Their main star is striker Robbin Kieft. The 31 year old striker is still very fast and is a lethal shooter. He has 11 goals on the year. Left winger, David, is very talented and we will have to keep a close eye on him. Defensively, they have been a mess, but Juan is a talented 26 year old Spanish Keeper. Hopefully, we can get it past him today.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 30's.

Injured: Miller, Kompany, Boogaart, Barbosa.

Suspended: King

S2: oswald
Old 02-14-2006, 12:26 AM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Ortega takes a free kick.. but fakes the shot.. passes it to Tamburini on his right.. he shoots.. banana shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

19 minute mark: Ortega with a strong run up the right side.. he gets to the endline.. holds it... draws a defender.. fires a quick short cross to the near post.. Parker with a diving header.. upper right corner... GOAL!!!! 2-0.

32 minute mark: Pinna passes to Rooney left of the box.. Rooney draws two defenders.. quick pass to Tamburini who is 10 yards out.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Halftime: 3-0 lead. We have over 83,000 fans here today. That should be a nice revenue boost

49 minute mark: Ortega burns three defenders down the right sideline.. quick crisp cross.. Adriano with the header.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0. That is his 15th goal in competitive matches this year.

63 minute mark: Schruers on for Ortega who is tired and Oswald on for Rooney who is tired.

Ortega gets a standing ovation as he leaves the pitch.

89 minute mark: Pinna passes it to Tamburini just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. past the keeper.. into the crossbar. Just missed the hattrick.

Game over. 4-0 win.

We outshot them 18-0 (14-0 on target)

Tamburini won MoM, 10 for form, 22 of 28 passes, 4 key passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, 8 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 goals.

Ortega also had a 10.

Pinna, Parker, Rooney, and Adriano all had 9's for form. Trotta and Schmidt had 8's. Everyone else had 7's.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:01 AM   #142
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 3, 2019 -

Chelsea have offered 200,000 dollars for midfield Alan Watkins. Watkins isn't very good and he is only "valued" at 1.6 million, but I'm not going to sell him that cheaply to Chelsea.

However, we will let Alan leave the system as a Bosman player soon.

West Brom has signed Gael Clichy on a free transfer from Aston Villa. The deal will be done in July. Clichy is 33 and is clearly in decline.

Roma offered 18 million for Trotta. I turned down the offer.

Inter offered 20 million for Trotta. I turned down the offer.

Jan 5, 2019 -

Today we play Millwall in the FA Cup 3rd round match. Millwall are currently last in the English Championship. None of their players are playing well. None of them are too concerning right now. Their best player might be keeper Maurizio Tommasi and he would be a below average EPL Keeper.

We are 1-3 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the low 40's.

Injured: Miller, Kompany, Boogaart, Barbosa.

S5: Cahais
Old 02-15-2006, 12:14 AM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

23 minute mark: Ortega with a nice run along the right sideline.. he centers it to King.. King shoots from 12 yards out.. over the bar.

39 minute mark: Cardozo with a long pass from deep in our box down the length of the pitch.. Ortega beats everyone to it with his superior speed.. he runs into the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us.

70 minute mark: Godoy has picked up a minor injury. I put Oswald on for him.

80 minute mark: Oswald with an excellent through ball into the left half of the box.. Flores hits in stride.. wide right!

81 minute mark: Ortega with a very good dribble down the middle of the pitch.. he draws two defenders.. passes between them.. Flores gets it in the box.. shoots immediately.. lower right corner.. not wide this time.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 win for us. Not as dominating as I hoped, but still a win.

We outshot them 17-0 (6-0 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 25 passes, 2 key passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 4 of 7 headers, 1 interception, 15 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.

Flores had a 9. Adriano, Schmidt, and King had 7's. Everyone else had 8's.

Flores, 9 for form, 11 of 12 passes, 1 key pass, 1 of 1 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 10 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:30 AM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Adriano Pinna strained his calf and will miss 2-3 weeks.

Trotta and Cardozo both need rest according to our physios.

Jan 5, 2019 -

Real Madrid has sacked Jose Antonio Camacho because they are currently 5th in the Spanish First Division.

Jan 6, 2019 -

Boogaart has been cleared to play again. Just in time with all of my other guys tired out.

Jan 7, 2019 -

Ortega, Pinna, and Tamburini were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

We had very bad luck for the English FA Cup 4th round as we will face Chelsea.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:45 AM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 9, 2019 -

Today we travel to play Chelsea in the first leg of the League Cup Semi Final. Chelsea is currently 4th in the EPL. They are led by striker Stefan De Weerd who has converted to the striker position flawlessly. The 31 year old is setting up plays and scoring. He has 9 goals and 7 assists on the year. Freddy Adu is playing very well alongside him. Adu has 12 assists on the year as well as 3 goals. Thomas Block is a newcomer to their midfield. He is a supremely talented midfielder who is 25 years old. He has 8 goals and 7 assists on the year. Defensively, things aren't as good. Petr Cech is 36 and is finally starting to show slightly slower reflexes. He has 21 clean sheets, but he has allowed almost 2.5 goals per game in his other starts.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

Injured: Pinna, Barbosa, Kompany.

Exhausted: Trotta and Cardozo

DC: Petit (I hate starting him in this big game, but it's a necessity)
DR: Boogaart
ML: Downing

S3: King
S4: Schreurs
S5: Cahais
Old 02-15-2006, 12:58 AM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Block passes to Adu in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

15 minute mark: Downing with a nice cross towards the box, but a defender intercepts it... Rooney gets the rebound from the defender.. he shoots.. sharply angled shot.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. Rooney with an outstanding strike.

17 minute mark: Fran passes it long to Block.. he plays a perfect through ball to the edge of the box.. Robben shoots.. right over Adriano's shoulder.. GOAL. 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. They have over 42,000 fans here today.

61 minute mark: Downing is playing poorly and is limping. I put Oswald on for him.

Game over. 1-1 tie. A lethargic performance from our guys, but I'm happy with a tie on the away leg.

They outshot us 7-5 (5-3 on target)

Paul Adams their defender won MoM, 8 for form (the only guy on either team with an 8), 29 of 42 passes, 16 of 17 headers, 3 interceptions, 1 foul drawn.

Downing and Oswald had 6's for form. Everyone else had a 7.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:24 AM   #147
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Very odd. Despite being 190k under our wage budget, the board doesn't want to give me sufficient money to sign any of the potential Bosman players out there. However, I still have a 65 million dollar transfer budget this year. We are having trouble making money this year, so maybe that has something to do with it. We've only made 2 million profit on the year despite the 9 million dollar prize for winning the Club World Championship.
Maybe they're, umm, simulating Glazer's takeover.
Quote:
70 minute mark: Godoy has picked up a minor injury. I put Oswald on for him.
It's pretty bad when my first thought is that Godoy will never win the Heisman this way.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Maybe they're, umm, simulating Glazer's takeover. It's pretty bad when my first thought is that Godoy will never win the Heisman this way.

LOL. I'm glad Godoy isn't that fragile. Then again, who is?
Old 02-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Downing damaged his shoulder in the match and will be out for about a week.

Salva needs rest according to my physio.

Jan 12, 2019 -

Laurent Rodrigues, a 20 year old French left winger, has told the media that he demands to be traded if he isn't going to be part of the first team. Laurent is a decent player, but he is still a good bit from being skilled enough to be a 1st teamer. If he presses the issue, I'll try to trade him. His contract is still good for 18 more months.

Barcelona has hired Luis Cesar to be their new manager.

Arsenal has spent 16.5 million dollars to acquire Sebastien Revelli, a talented French midfielder, from Juventus.

I've offered Michele Amoroso 25,000/week to come play for us as a Bosman signing. The 27 year old striker is left footed and would be a nice backup to have in case Flores or Oswald is hurt once Rooney retires.

In an ironic twist, due to injuries to Barbosa, Pinna, and Downing, I'm seriously considering starting Rodrigues for at least one match.

Antonio Blanco has been looking VERY good in practice this past week. My AM thinks I should give him a start over Adriano in a big EPL match against Arsenal that is coming up!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 13, 2019 -

Today we play Arsenal in a big EPL Match and I'm taking some big chances. Arsenal is in 3rd while we are in 1st. We are playing on the road, which makes me question my chance taking a bit more. Arseanl is playing very well this year and they are led in scoring by their left winger/midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa who has 10 goals and 7 assists. Striker Christophe Sanchez is second on the team with 8 goals. Christophe is a true burner who we will have to keep a constant eye on. Defensively, their best centreback Jorg Walther is out with an injury. Their keeper, Warren Norman, has been inconsistent in the last few weeks. Hopefully, we can take advantage.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 50's.

Injured: Pinna, Downing, Barbosa, and Kompany

Away on international duty: Adriano (GK). Ahh, that is why my AM was recommending starting Blanco. I didn't even realize Adriano was going away. However, Blanco is developing some excellent attributes.

GK: Blanco (20 year old gets his first truly big start)
ML: Rodrigues (All of my other great left wingers are hurt.)

S1: Godoy
S2: Petit
S3: Adriano
s4: Schreurs
S5: Dani