Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

TCB: Terry Bordeaux

Jerry V: Coach Bordeaux, welcome to New Orleans. What are your first priorities now that you have been hired by the Privateers to be their new Head Coach?

Coach Bordeaux: My first job is to get to know my staff and the players. After I do that, I'm going to dive right into recruiting. I know we have some talented players here, but we need to continually strive to make sure that each class we bring in is as good or better than the graduating players.

Bobby Shay: Coach, you were known as a tough discipliniarian as an Assistant Coach at Louisiana Tech, but you have never been a head coach. What do you see as your biggest assets you bring to the program? What are the biggest challenges you face?

Coach Bordeaux: I believe that I've built a reputation as a man that parents can feel comfortable will teach their kids the right way. I focus on the right way to play basketball, but more importantly the right way to conduct themselves as men.

Jake Pinchard: Coach, what are your expectations for this team this year?

Coach Bordeaux: What a stupid question! We want to win, we want to win the Sun Belt Title and advance in the Tournament.

Jerry V: One last question, what type of player are you going to be trying to bring to the school?

Coach Bordeaux: I'm looking for smart, athletic players who can play within the team construct. We are going to fight hard and play competitively. Thank you for your questions gentlemen. I'll be glad to do our weekly press conferences.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

To: Terry Bordeaux

Sub: Confidential Email - staff evaluation.

Vernon Beshara is our top assistant coach. He is 40 years old and makes 56,000 per year for the next 3 years. His strength is coaching defense, but he is a well balanced assistant coach who will probably never be good enough to be a head coach. Is a decent teacher on the court.

Bill Gunn is our 2nd assistant coach. Bill is 55. He makes 37,000 year for the next 3 years. Well balanced coach who doesn't excel at anything but is fair at everything. Decent teacher.

Cedric Jones is our 3rd assistant coach. Cedric makes 17,000/year for the next 3 years. He is a very good defensive coach, but doesn't do much else well. Tends to be disliked by recruits.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EF, all your dyansties are excellent reads, so I can't wait for this one.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

To: Coach Bordeaux

Subj: The report on the roster that you requested.

Here is a summary of our notes on each of our current players:

PG Clint Flowers is a 5'11 158 pound senior on scholarship from Loreauville, LA. He doesn't have much book smarts, but he is a leader on the court. He has an above avarage outside shot, but is afraid to shoot it. His passing is a liability, but he has good ball handling skills. He is a defensive liability. His speed is an asset. He is most comfortable running a 1-3-1 zone attack and a 2-3 zone attack offense. He can also run the Princeton offense with good efficiency.

PG Damon Guinn is a 5'11 171 pound sophomore on scholarship from New Orleans, LA. Damon is a very good outside shooter with below average passig ability. He is an above average ball handler. He is a defensive liability. His lack of work ethic is a big concern. We feel he has the potential to become a superb player with above average passing ability, however, his lack of work ethic may prevent him from ever reaching his potential. He doesn't run any sets really well yet, unlike Clint.

PG Morlaye Langhi is a 5'11 191 pound freshman on scholarship from Homer, LA. Morlaye is a good outside shooter, but he has poor passing skills. He is an ok ball handler. He is horrible defensively, and doesn't move his feet well. We don't feel he should see the floor much this season, but he has the potential to become a contributor for us with plenty of hard work.

SG Kenny Gelbard is a 6'5 205 pound freshman on scholarship from LaPlace, LA. Kenny is a lethal outside shooter who doesn't do much else well. Has good foot speed, but doesn't use it well. Kenny is a very hard worker but we don't think his other areas of his game will ever improve enough to make a regular contributor. He doesn't know the offense at all yet, and he can't run any of our offesive sets.

SG Eddie Crawford is a 6'3 219 pound SR on scholarship from Merryville, LA. Eddie has a very good outside shot and is a decent defender. He has good foot speed and he can generate some space for his shot. His work ethic has allowed him to develop into our best player on the floor. Eddie feels most comfortable in our 2-3 attack zone offense, but he can play in several different offenses. Defensively, he seems to excel best in man to man, but can also play a good 1-3-1 zone.

SG Myron Rogers is a 6'3 209 pound JR on scholarship from Buckeye, LA. Myron has a decent outside shot. He is a barely adequate defender. Doesn't have the athleticism to really create his own shot. He may be the hardest worker on our team. He has the potential to develop into a very good starter next year. Does well running all of our offenses. Prefer Man to Man defense.

SF Rick Johnsen is a 6'6 227 pound FR on scholarship from Baton Rouge, LA. Rick is a very athletic player who needs to refine his shot. He is decent at drawing fouls and is a good FT shooter. He is a liability defensively. He is very well liked even though he is a freshman and he can be a very good locker room presence. He is also a hard worker. Even though he is raw, he should get some time on the floor this year. He has the potential to be one of our best players ever. He is clueless in playing within our offenses at this point.

SF Bobby Jones is a 6'9 203 pound SO on scholarship from New Orleans, LA. Bobby has a good outside shot, good FT shooting, and above average athleticism. He is a terrible passer, but is decent at creating space. He is barely adequate defensively. He has the potential to be good, but overall he is barely adequate now. His knowledge of our offenses are still poor, but developing.

SF Alan Frazier is a 6'8 195 pound SO on Scholarship from Metairie, LA. Alan has a very good outside shot, but doesn't do much else well. Despite this, Alan will probably have to see the floor a fair bit for us this year. He has the potential for a bit of improvement. He does know the offense well for his age.

PF Ricky Curtis is a 6'9 234 pound SO o Scholarship from Covington, LA. Ricky is a good inside scorer and has a good grasp of post play for his age. He is a surprisingly good ball handler for his size and a better passer than some of my PG's. Defensively, he is a huge liability and he will have a hard time not fouling out despite quick feet and good leaping ability. Despite his lack of defensive ability now, he has the potential to be a very good player for us in a year or two if he learns how to be a better defender.

PF Luke Fingelton is a 6'10 222 pound SR on scholarship from Lafayette, LA. Luke is our 2nd best player. He doesn't do well offensively, but he is a decent rebounder, a good FT shooter, and a decent shot blocker. He also is good at drawing fouls in the post despite his otherwise limited offensive game. Perhaps, Luke's great asset is his coach like mind. He plays well in all of the sets we use.

PF Myron Klein is a 6'10 218 pound SR from Marrero, LA. Myron is perhaps our 3rd best player. He is a good inside scorer. He is excellent at drawing fouls and has amazing athleticism for his size. He is poor as a defender, but is a good rebounder. He also has an above average outside shot. He does his part well in all of our offensive and defensive plays.

PF Ryan Linton is a 6'8 234 pound JR from Kaplan, LA. Ryan is a good outside shooter, a decent ball handler, an ok passer, and a decent rebounder. He also is a barely passable defender. He has excellent athleticism. He has the potential to become very good with hard work. He knows our play books well.

C Devin Kinzer is a 6'9 270 pound SR on scholarship from Minden, LA. Devin has a barely passable post game. He is a barely adequate defender. The best thing going for him is his size. At least, he knows our playbooks very well and tries to get into the right position.

C Rick Johnsen is the fraternal twin brother of our Rick. He is a 6'11 249 pound FR from Baton Rouge, LA. He has a very good post game, but is deplorable in almost all other phases of his game. He has a strong work ethic and has the potential to develop into a starter down the road.

My recommended starting 5:

PG Damon Guinn

SG Eddie Crawford

SF Rick Johnsen

PF Luke Fingleton

C Devin Kinzer.

Alternatively, you might consider Myron Klein at SF for a tall lineup.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
EF, all your dyansties are excellent reads, so I can't wait for this one.

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

To: Chris Richard, AD

Sub: Recruiting

Chris, please send the check to Scouts, Inc. for 5,000 dollars to obtain their Southeast Basic Scouting Report. I would like to obtain their Gold-Star Edition, but I understand that I only have 63,000 dollars for all of my recruiting needs this season and we cannot afford the 30,000 dollars that the Gold-Star Edition would require.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If you get the chance, could you check to see if any kids from Berkley High School in Michigan are recruitable. I just wanna see if the ol' almamater made it in the game.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 25, 2005

Subj: Travel Plans

Please arrange to have 3,700 dollars of our budget ready for me and my staff to travel to the Georgia Superstar camp on July 4th-6th. The Georgia Superstar camp has the most players with 200 HS Seniors, and I believe this will be a good value as we will probably see some kids from Louisiana there.

We would also like for you to make 3,700 dollars available to attend the Memphis Hoop Summit July 25th through the 27th so we may see some more players from the Southeast.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:50 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you get the chance, could you check to see if any kids from Berkley High School in Michigan are recruitable. I just wanna see if the ol' almamater made it in the game.

Sure, recruiting is just about to begin. Then again, with our poor budget, I might not be able to get much info about Michigan kids, but I'll look
Old 01-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just scrolled through about the 30 to 40 Michigan kids that are viewable by my school and none are from Berkley High School. However, I'll keep an eye out in future classes as well.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 4, 2005 -

To: Vernon Beshara

Subj: The Georgia Superstar Camp

PG Lionel Jackson really impressed me with his strong outside shot and excellent ball handling. What did you think of him?

SF Brandon McCain put up some huge numbers in the camp, and I was very impressed with his passing ability as well. What were your thoughts?

PF Kevin Fuller is right in our backyard in Metairie. He has good scoring moves for a big man and is a decent on ball defender. Thoughts?

C Kevin Sims is 6'11 268 and I really liked how he used his body at the camp. He has a nice post game ad shows potential as a defender. Thoughts?

Of course, I know we are longshots for these guys, and we need to continue to hit the recruiting trail as we have 4 open scholarships for next year.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 11, 2005 -

Subj: Marvin Milton

Your talks with Marvin last week really have made an impression in him. This kid is a great recruit who would be a star at our school. I think he is actually interested in staying close to home. If we can sign this Bonnabel star from Metairie, this will be a great coup for our program.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 17, 2005

Subj: Chris Martin

Chris is a 17 year old from Plaquemine, LA whose parents have called us and specifically told us that they would love their kid to come play for a coach like you. They are hoping that you will offer him a scholarship soon. Our scouting report states that Chris is about the 800th best player in the nation and he has a good jump shot. I suggest that we take a closer look at him to see if he is worth offering a scholarship to. Right now, all 4 of our scholarship offers are out to higher ranked kids by our scouting agency.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #14
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Nice!!

Just started a career with Sacred Heart. I love the 2d display.. talk about immersive.

Good luck!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 25, 2005 -

To: Coaching staff

Subj: Chris Martin

I really liked this kid's parents when I talked to them. I read your reports which state he has a poor shot, but might actually be a good PG as he is an excellent passer. Let's plan on having him visit the school this week.

I want you guys to keep watching video of this kid.

How do you think we are doing with our current top 4 recruits that we have offered scholarships too?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:44 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Nice!!

Just started a career with Sacred Heart. I love the 2d display.. talk about immersive.

Good luck!!

Thanks! Good luck to you with Sacred Heart
Old 01-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 28, 2005

Subj: Memphis Hoops Summit Camp

We saw over 20 kids that we have been recruiting play at this camp. This was a very beneficial use of our money.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 28, 2005

To: Coaching Staff

Subj: Memphis Hoops Summit

I can't believe the performance our top target put up in the Memphis Hoops Summit. He had over 25 ppg and was named MVP of the tournament. This is good in that he is still interested in us. This is terrible as I feel he just drew a lot of competition among our bigger brothers in town, such as LSU and Tulane.

Also, our second highest recruit Daniel Tice impressed and I thought he was the top SF there. He put up over 18 ppg and was really impressive.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 7, 2005

His stock has been rising since he was named the MVP in Memphis.

Unfortunately, he is drawing more attention and it is looking less likely we will land this star from Kenner, LA.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:12 PM   #20
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:

It's in the game. Checked the database.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2005

It's a difficult decision, but this kid is just too good. He has drawn too much attention and we've fallen to the bottom of his list. I'm going to let him know that we are revoking the scholarship offer and we are going to offer it to a kid who has us at the top of his list currently.

Instead, we are going to offer it to Matt Oliver. The 7'2 273 pounder is playing for Natchitoches Central HS, and he has us at the top of his list. Our tapes and interviews with him indicate that he is going to be a capable post scorer. He wants to come here because he believes he would get immediate PT (and he is probably right.)
Old 01-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 11, 2005

Subj: Daniel Tice

The SF's stock has risen after his good showing in Memphis and now he appears to be losing interest in us. We are going to keep pursuing him one more week, but his parents have told us they don't we are the right school and if we drop any further down his list, we are going to have to call off the pursuit and end his scholarship offer.

We are going to go visit Tice this week and see if that bolsters his interest. I kind of wished we had held off on Milton even though we had almost no chance of getting him. Perhaps, if I visited him, it might have changed things.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2005

Subj: Our first Verbal Committment!

We've managed to get a verbal committment from Matt Oliver, a 7'2 273 C from Natchitoches Central HS. I believe that my background out that way really helped get him. I think he is going to be a huge asset to our team, and I assure you that I will continue to work very hard to bring further strong recruits to our program.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2005

Re: Daniel Tice

His parents have reportedly told us they want to go to a better academic school. He has dropped us off of his top 10 list. Therefore, I feel we have no choice but to realize he is going to a better school and change our focus and revoke his scholarship.

Instead, we offer a scholarship to 6'7 215 pound SF Brandon McCain from Block HS in Jonesville, LA. Brandon has a decent scoring average, but is really known as a very good defender which we really need.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:50 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2005

Subj: Schedule

Thanks for your input on the schedule. We've implemented one of the changes you recommended and we managed to get a few home non-conference games. Here is a look at the entire schedule:

Nov 13 @ Loyola Marymount

Nov 19 @ Alabama A&M

Nov 23 @ Cal-Santa Barbara

Nov 24 New Mexico State

Nov 28 The Citadel

Dec 1 @ San Jose State

Dec 6 @ Texas-Arlington

Dec 9 Long Island

Dec 13 Lafayette

Dec 15 @ Georgia Tech #14

Dec 20 @ Stetson

Dec 26 @ San Francisco

Dec 29 @ Oral Roberts

Jan 2 @ North Texas (beginning of conference play)

Jan 5 Arkansas State

Jan 12 @ Louisiana-Lafayette

Jan 16 Troy

Jan 19 @ Florida International

Jan 23 Arkansas-Little Rock

Jan 26 @ Middle Tennessee St.

Jan 30 Western Kentucky

Feb 2 @ South Alabama

Feb 6 Denver

Feb 9 North Texas

Feb 13 @ Arkansas State

Feb 20 Louisiana-Lafayette

Feb 23 @ Arkansas St.

P.S. Congrats on the verbal committment. Make sure you seal the deal.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 25, 2005

Subject: Kevin Sims

We've lost his interest as too many schools are going after the Baton Rouge C. Let's withdrawl his scholarship offer and re-focus our efforts.

Mike Kerr is a Juco Sophomore C who I know you guys thought could play PF as well as even a bit of SF. He is 6'9 270 and his stock is really rising but he reportedly has us 1st on his list. Let's offer him a scholarship.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 2, 2005

Subj: Brandon McCain a highly touted SF from Jonesville, LA has given us a verbal committment. However, he needs to do well on his SAT's and this might be a dicey proposition. I know that you want me to bring high calibre academic players as well as athletic players, but this kids ability could be a real boon to the program.

P.S. We've started practicing and I like how the team has done in practice this first week. We are going to really focus on improving our defensive effort and running coordinated zone defenses. I have Cedric Jones coaching most of the practices so that he can lend his expertise to our defense.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 16, 2005

Subj: Good job!

Mike Kerr has given us a verbal committment. I'm very happy with how you guys are working on getting these kids and complimenting my pitch. If we continue this hard work together, I feel we can accomplish some great things with this team this year.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 6, 2005

Subj: Amazing!

We've gotten Lionel Jackson to also give us a verbal committment. If all 4 of these kids actually sign with us, I feel we have managed to get a very nice incoming class that will address some of our biggest holes.

Subj: Loyola Marymount Scouting

Their best player is PF Jay Greer.

They run an offense that is focused on lots of movement with crisp passing.

Their defensive style focusing on pressing and playing man to man in half court.

November 13, 2005

Subj: Recommended Starting Lineup

PG Damon Guinn has been much slower learning our offense than what we hoped.

Therefore, we recommend the following lineup:

PG Clint Flowers

SG Eddie Crawford

SF Rick Johnsen

PF Luke Fingelton

C Devin Kinzer

Ryan Linton should be our first man off the bench.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Game summary:

We played much better in the 1st half when Flowers was on the floor. Guinn thought he was AI in his earlier days and was playing out on control firing up wild shots. Our team really struggled when Damon was in the game.

We ended up going into the half down 32-31. Linton has been the only guy really rebounding for us.

Thanks in part to Guinn, we shot 35.7% in the 1st half. Our defense wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, as we only alloed 43% shooting in the first half.

Klein and Crawford were our two scorers in the first half, and Klein surprised me with how well he really played.

In the 2nd half, Flowers picked up 2 quick fouls giving him a total of 4, and Damon had to play PG more. He had a good 2nd half, passing the ball more and shooting more effectively.

Unfortunately, when he was tired, Flowers fouled out within a minute of coming back.

As a result, Eddie Crawford needed to play some PG for a few minutes to give Damon a chance to catch his breath.

Guinm's better play and Eddie's big plays keep us in it. Eddie hits a last seconds hot with 2 seconds left to tie the game 67-67 at the end of regulation!

Eddie has 18 points at the end of regulation on 6 of 11 shooting.

With 6 seconds left, Myron Klein (who outside experts call our best player) steals the ball and throws an alley oop to Kinzer! A foul on the play makes it a 3 point play to put us up 72-70.

Kevin Gibbs who has killed us all game, hits a 3 with 1 second left to win the game for them!

We had 18 lead changes and 12 times tied that game.

They win 73-72.

Crawford was our leading scorer with 20 points on 7 of 12 shooting.

Guinn had 10 points on 4 of 10 shooting.

Linton led our team with 9 rebounds.

Kinzer led the team with 2 blocks.

Guinn led the team with 5 assists.

Kevin Gibbs (who hit the game ending 3) was the Player of the game with 15 points on 6 of 11 shooting. He also had 10 boards and 2 assists. The 6'10 239 pound C was too much for us this game.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:17 AM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 14, 2005 -

Marvin Milton ended up giving a verbal committment to Boston College.

Daniel Tice ended up giving a Verbal to Miami.

From Bill Gunn:

Subj: Alabama A&M Scouting report

Their best player is C Karel Ellis who had 11 points and 10 boards in his first game. They rarely fast break and generally run a high post offense. Their defense rarely presses and they primarily play man to man.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:27 AM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We led most of the 1st half, thanks in part to our new 2-3 defense. However, they came back in the last 5 minutes when Damon came into the game and put up 8 quick points. They led 35-34 at the end of the half.

We outrebounded them 27-14 in the first half.

We held their star C to 4 points in the first half.

Crawford had 8 points and 6 rebounds in the 1st half as he played very well in the first 10 minutes.

In the 2nd half, they have the lead most of the half, but we rally with about 7 minutes left and take the lead with 3 minutes left. We get a stop with 20 seconds left and bury two free throws for the final margin of 71-67.

I've got my first win!

We shot 42.6% while holding them to just over 40%. We also dominated the boards.

Crawford led our team with 18 points on 6 of 16 shooting.

Kinzer was second with 13 points.

Flowers led the team with 2 assists.

Crawford led the team with 12 rebounds. Nice game for our shooting guard.

Fingelton led the team with 2 blocks.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 20, 2005

Subj: We have 3 recruits wrapped up!

Mike Kerr is a 6'9 273 JC SO from Lutcher, LA who is averaging 17 ppg, 3.8 apg, 4.8 rpg, and 2.2 bpg. We believe he will be able to play PF or C. While not the most athletic guy, this player is going to sure up our defense and be a capable post scorer. He'll also be a decent passer particularly for a big man.

Perhaps our most important recruit, Lionel Jackson is a 6'2 175 HS PG who is averaging 16.7 ppg and 4.8 apg along with 4.7 rpg, and 1.8 spg. Lionel is good enough that he could be a starter for us the first day he walks on campus. Our proximity was a key factor in getting this kid from West Jefferson HS in Harvey, LA.

Finally, we got 7'2 273 pound HS SR Matt Oliver from Natchitoches, LA. Matt is averaging 16.6 ppg, 6.0 rpg, and 1.5 bpg. Matt is slow, but strong. He is going to be hard to stop from scoring inside just because of his bulk and power. He will be a decent defender as well.

We'll continue to pursue SF Brandon McCain to help make sure that he follows through on his verbal committment.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 20, 2005

Subj: Cal-Santa Barbara Scouting Report

They are a Big West Team. Their best player is SF Roderick Neterville who can break players down off the dribble as well as shoot from outside.

They like to run a fast paced offense with plenty of fast breaks. However, they also will slow it down in the halfcourt and run a variety of sets.

Defensively, they rarely pass and usually play M2M.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We start off taking a 10-2 lead behid some excellet plays by our athletic freshman, Rick Johnsen. I had been thinking about replacing him in the starting lineup, but the first 5 minutes of this game, he has played well offensively, defensively, and on the boards.

From the 12 minute mark to the 6 minute mark, EVERYTHING goes wrong for our team, we can't hit a shot, they are draining 3's, we are throwing the ball away. I put my entire 2nd string in at 9:45, but that doesn't help at all.

We get 2 free throws to fall at 4:48 to score our first points in over 7 minutes, but we are now down 30-20.

A nightmare first half that started so well, ends with us down 36-23. We played hard, but none of our shots were falling and most of theirs were.

We shot 25% in the first half while they shot 44%.

We played better in the 2nd half, but they kept draining 3's and we never could close the gap.

Final score: 73-61 we lose.

Turnovers were also a key factor as we had 15 and they only had 8.

Our leading scorer was the freshman, Rick Johnsen, who had 17 points on 7 of 10 shooting.

Myron Klein who is making a strong move to take over the starting PF spot had 11 points on 5 of 6 shooting.

Flowers led the team with 3 assists but he also had 3 turnovers.

Kinzer led the team with 11 boards.

Klein had our only block of the game.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 24, 2005

Subj: New Mexico State Scouting Report

They are a Western Athletic Conference team.

Their best player is SF Marlon King who is a versatile player.

They use the shuffle offense primarily and they prefer to play a half court game. Defensively, they mix up man and zone defenses and rarely press.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:56 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our First Home game of the year is noted by us putting Myron Klein into the starting lineup at PF.

New Mexico State is 4-0 coming into the game.

They were favored coming into the game, but we are hanging tough.

At the end of the half, it is 29-29.

Myron Klein has 12 points and 5 boards on 4 of 6 shooting for us in the first half. I think moving him into the starting role was the right move.

Their star, Marlon King, has 8 points and 3 boards on 4 of 7 shooting.

Our zone clearly needs work, so I had us use more M2M defense, and it paid off as we started the 2nd half with an 8-0 run.

Myron Klein is doing it all for us in the 2nd half - breaking men down on the dribble, drawing fouls, hitting jumpers, stealing balls, and even adding in a block.

Unfortunately, around the 10 minute mark of the 2nd half, they foul Klein hard and hurt him!

They start to make a run after the injury, but Clint Flowers hits a 3 from the top of the circle to make it 47-40 with 9 minutes left.

A few plays later Flowers hits another 3 to give us a 10 point lead!

With 5 minutes left, we are up 52-44.

Gelbard can only shoot 3's, but he does just that right after the 5 minute mark to extend the lead to 11.

They start pressing with 4 minutes left, but Flowers make a good pass to break the press and we get an easy basket to suddenly exted it to 62-44!

Frazier has hit a pair from downtown in the last few minutes! That last one by Alan makes it 66-46 with under 2 minutes left!

I told our guys to take more 3's this game, and I definitely think it was a huge factor along with using less of our zone which we aren't good at yet.

We won the game 69-49 and give our first home crowd something to cheer about.

We only had 14 turnovers to their 19.

We shot 47% from the field and 43.8% (7 of 16) from 3 point land.

We held them to 33.3% shooting and 16.7% (2 of 12) from 3 point land.

Klein led all scorers with 19 points in 25 minutes before he was hurt.

Flowers was the only other scorer on our team to break double points with 10. However, we had multiple guys with 6 points.

Flowers led the team with 4 assists, but had 4 turnovers in 33 minutes.

Klein led the team with 7 rebounds.

Klein led the team with 1 block.

Crawford led the team with 2 steals.

We are now 2-2.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Subj: Myron Klein

Myron has suffered a severely sprained wrist and I recommend that you limit his activities for at least 7-10 days.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 26, 2005

Subj: The Citadel Scouting Report

They play in the Southern Conference. They are 1-4 so far in non-conference play. Their best player is PG Derek Waltman who is averaging 6 ppg, 3.0 apg, 3.7 rpg, and 0.7 spg. They like to run a triangle offense, and their big men are capable passers. They also like to slow things down.

Defensively, they primarily play a man to man but they also switch up into a 1-3-1 zone at times. They rarely press.

Despite Myron's injury, most experts predict we should win this game at home.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #40
jbmagic
Pro Starter

great dynasty.

do you call your own plays?

what level you set your coach at the beginning?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In the first 10 minutes, our shots aren't falling and theirs are. Fingelton has 2 blocks, but it isn't enough as we are down 15-8.

I'm going to ask Klein to play a few minutes to give Fingelton a breather.

Frazier's 3 point shooting is better than Rick Johnsen's and he has brought us back to a tie game with 2 quick baskets!

Klein could only play about 3 minutes, but it gave Fingelton a good breather.

Despite some horrible rebounding, we are up 17-15 with 5 minutes left in the half. Everyone is contributing a bit.

Damon Guinn comes in firing as he comes off the bench, and he nails his first 3.

Frazier has a great steal and throws a lob pass which Linton catches up to and slams home! He gets a foul as well which Linton makes to make it 24-19 with 2 minutes left.

Damon Guinn hits a last second shot to make it 28-25 our lead going into the half.

Eddie Crawford has been our best player in the first half. He has 6 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal. However, Guinn has also been very good in limited time.

They are getting great penetration while we are getting a couple of 3's from Rick Johnsen. It is 46-43 they lead with 10 minutes left in the game.

Crawford hits a 3 to make it 46-46!

Their backup SG Kolin Belin is dribbling inside at will, but Rick Johnsen his two more big shots to make it 50-50 with 8:30 left.

They steal two passes and quickly make it 54-50. Fingelton is tired, and I decide to test my luck with Klein's injury for a quick breather.

They steal another pass and make another fast break slam to make it 56-50.

Klein hits a FG and makes an assist on a 3 by Gelbard but we are down 61-57 with 4:30 to go when he can't play any more.

With 1:15 left, Flowers sinks 2 FT's to make it 63-63.

Fingelton gets a stop and Frazier gets the rebound for us.

Fingelton catches the ball down low for us and hits the turn-around jumper. 65-63 with 47 seconds left.

Fingelton fouls their shooter down low, and he misses both FT's! Fingelton gets the rebound. They foul Frazier a few seconds later with 25 seconds left in the game.

Frazier misses both FT's and they have the ball with 23 seconds left.

Offensive foul against their star PG Andre Smith!

We get the ball with 18 seconds left.

I put my best 5 FT shooters out there including Bobby Jones, a SF who is seeing his first action this year.

They have to foul Flowers, my best FT shooter on the team.

Flowers hits both FT's and we lead 67-63 with 13 seconds left.

They call a timeout and I put my defensive lineup in the game.

They miss a shot, get an offensive rebound, miss another shot and time runs out!

We win 67-63.

We shot 42.6% overall and 46.2% (6 of 13) from 3 PT land.

We held them to 38.8% overall and 30.8% (4 of 13) from 3 pt land.

The freshman Rick Johnsen led the team with 15 points on 6 of 11 shooting in 26 minutes.

Crawford had 14 points on 6 of 15 shooting in 31 minutes.

Flowers led the team with 5 assists. He also had 4 turnovers. He also had 8 points in 29 minutes.

Fingelton led the team with 10 boards. He also had 6 points in 31 minutes.

Eddie Crawford was named player of the game. He had 14 points, 1 assist, 3 turnovers, 5 boards, and 2 steals.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
great dynasty.

do you call your own plays?

what level you set your coach at the beginning?

Nope. I let my coaches call the plays. I just set the percentages of sets and watch it play out. I also have been telling them to focus on outside shots (which has really helped the last few games.)

I set my coach at the lowest level to begin and took points off of offense and defense and added them to recruiting ability. I set his potential to an elite level (with some changes - he could be a legendary recruiter if he hits his potential but will never be the best offensive or defensive coach, but still would be very good.)
Old 01-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 30, 2005

Subj: San Jose State Scouting Report

San Jose is in the Wester Athletic Conference. They are 1-4 on the year and only have one really good player in SG Reggie Berry. Reggie is averaging 15.5 ppg, 1 apg, and 4.5 rpg along with 1 spg. You might consider double teaming him this game at times. They generally run a shuffle offense and they will fast break if they get the opportunity.

Defensively, they rarely press. They prefer running M2M with occasional zone defense mixed in.

We are favored by most experts despite being on the road.

Game Keys for us:

Get to the Free Throw Line.

Don't make turnovers.

Run our spread offense, good execution will lead to a win.

Game keys for them:

Sean Gunsby, their center, needs to have a big game on the glass.

They will want to contest our outside shots.

They need to attack the basket offensively.

Game Summary:

Flowers picks up 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes and I have no choice but to put Damon in for him.

The first 10 minutes, Fouls and turnovers are killing us. However, a few 3's have kept us in it and we are down 18-16.

We are being dominated on the boards. As a result, we are down 30-22 with 5 minutes left as they are killing us with second chance points.

Damon Guinn is singlehandledly keeping us in striking range, and I've used Ricky Curtis a PF with good post moves for the first time this season this game.

I bring Flowers in at the end of the half to give Guinn a breather, and Flowers picks up his 4th foul.

However, we had did have a good last 5 minutes and we closed the gap to 36-33.
Ryan Linton has been great off the bench, hitting a 3, dunking it, and making some good defensive rebounds.

Damon Guinn is the player of the half with 10 points, 2 rebounds, and only 1 tunrover on 4 of 7 shooting.

Sean Gunsby is killing us. The big C has 8 points and 8 boards in the first half.

From the 12 to 10 minute mark, we have 5 consecutive passes picked off and as a result they are able to open the lead to 53-39.

We are being blown out with 5 minutes left, so I bring on some of our younger kids for some experience.

We lost on the road 79-55.

We lost because we were outrebounded 44-29.

We turned it over 14 times. They turned it over 8 times.

We shot 39.3% overall and 42.9% on 3 pointers, but only made 3 of 7.

They shot 42.6% overall, 30.8% (4 of 13) on 3 pointers.

Damon Guinn was our only player to break double figures with 12 points on 5 of 8 shooting.

Gelbard led the team with 3 assists in garbage time.

Linton led the team with 7 rebounds.

Fingelton led the team with 2 steals.

Kinzer led the team with 1 block.

Reggie Berry, their star G, torched us for 22 points on 5 of 13 shooting with 12 of 13 FT's. He also had an assist and 6 rebounds.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-22-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #44
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Nope. I let my coaches call the plays. I just set the percentages of sets and watch it play out. I also have been telling them to focus on outside shots (which has really helped the last few games.)

I set my coach at the lowest level to begin and took points off of offense and defense and added them to recruiting ability. I set his potential to an elite level (with some changes - he could be a legendary recruiter if he hits his potential but will never be the best offensive or defensive coach, but still would be very good.)

Just a quick point... the lowest level would be all 0s

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In the first 5 minutes, their SG, Cameron Howe has hit 3 3 pointers and they are up 15-4!

Flowers is making terrible throws and I'm about to bench him. He has 3 turnovers in the first 6 minutes. I can't wait to Lionel gets here next year.

At the 10 minute mark, we are down 21-6 as we are turning it over WAY too much (7-0 margin) and we are missing all of our shots (2-13 shooting so far.)

Over the next 5 minutes, our backup dominate their backups and we close the gap to 26-18.

I leave my subs in and Kenny Gelbard hits a 2 gets a defensive rebound and hits another jumper. He is impressing this game. Gelbard is fouled on the last jumper and makes it a 3 point play to tie it at 26-26.

We get a stop and Gelbard hits another jumper to give us the lead!

They bring back their starters at this point with 3:30 left in the 1st half.

Our "backups" played the last 10 minutes of the first half, and they managed to get us a 40-35 lead at halftime despite the starter's horrid start. That was in large part to Gelbard's 12 points and Guinn's 7 points.

Despite the terrible start, we are now shooting 45.5% for the half. We are shooting 44.4% (4-9) from 3 point land.

Kenny Gelbard is having a career day, and I'm going to let the freshman stay in, but the rest of my starters will start the 2nd half. However, I'm giving them a quick hook if they don't play well.

At the 15 minute mark, I sub out Gelbard who cooled off at halftime.

We are down 46-44.

I also start double teaming their PF at the 15 minute mark, since he already has 19 points.

With 10 minutes left, Rick Johnsen picks up his 4th foul. We are down 53-52. They put all of their subs in. I do the same to rest our guys.

We didn't do as well with this breather for our starters. With 5:44 left I bring my starters back as their backups have beat our backups and they have a 63-56 lead.

In the next minute, I got T'd up for arguing with the ref. It didn't help fire up the guys as we got burned by their SG Cameron Howe and their PF down the stretch.

Cameron hit a 3 with 7 seconds left to make it 20 points for the game while their PF had 24 points in the game.

They won 78-67.

We shot 47.4% overall and 35.7% from 3 point land on 5 of 14 shooting.

They shot 38.8% overall and 31.3% from 3 point land. However, they managed to go the line 27 times! We only went to the line 9 times.

Also, we had 23 turnovers. They only had 11.

Dexter Underwood, their PF was player of the game. He had 24 points on 9 of 15 shooting. He also had 9 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Gelbard was our leading scorer with 14 points on 5 of 8 shooting. Flowers also had 14 points.

Flowers led the team with 5 assists, but he had 4 turnovers.

Frazier led the team with 6 boards.

Linton led the team with 3 blocks.

We now drop to 3-4
Old 01-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Just a quick point... the lowest level would be all 0s

Good point The lowest non-custom level
Old 01-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 9, 2005

Subj: Long Island

They are currently 1-4. They play in the Northeast Conference.

Their best player if PF A.D. Ides who has been averaging 5.5 ppg and 5.3 rpg. They run a slow paced offense out of a flex set. Defensively, they rarely press. They primarily play M2M.

We are favored at home.

The keys for us to win:

We must get some inside baskets to compliment our outside shooters.

We must win the turnover battle.

We must win the battle on the boards.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I left this game to my assistant as I was almost kicked out of the last game and I thought I should let him handle one.

We lost 83-73.

Eddie Crawford was our leading scorer with 15 points.

Rick Johnsen pitched in 14 from his SF position.

Kinzer led the team with 11 boards.

Floweres led the team with 6 assists. He only had 2 turnovers.

Klein led the team with 2 blocks. Klein only took 1 shot all game long.

Kirk Ford, their SG, put up 22 points and was the player of the game.

Note: (I'm frustrated by this team as currently constructed and might quick sim a few games)
Old 01-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 13, 2005 -

Subj: Lafayette

They are a decent Patriot League Team that is currently 4-4. Their best player is PF Jon Matthews who has been hurt most of the year, but is healthy now. They run a triangle offense. Defensively, they press more frequently than any other team we have played and we should be ready for it at any time. When they press, they go with a full court M2M defense. They also run a M2M defense in the halfcourt.

They are favored at our place.

Our Keys to win:

Lower our average turnovers which is currently 15.8 per game.

Don't have let downs. Play hard for 40 minutes.

Push the ball up the floor more.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are dominating the first 10 minutes and we have a 24-15 lead as we are hitting just about all of our shots.

34-19 with 5 minutes left in the half. Myron Klein already has 12 points.

Ok, now my urge to kill the team has definitely fallen. I needed to see a half like this out of the team.

We are up 53-26 at halftime

We are crushing them on the boards. We aren't turning the ball over much. We are creating turnovers and fast break points.

Myron Klein is the star of the first half with 16 points on 6 of 12 shooting. He also has 3 boards, 2 steals, 1 assist. He is 4 of 4 from the line.

Rick Johnsen comes out to start the 2nd half with a long 3. He has 14 points in the game now. This freshman is going to be really good if he ever learns to play defense too.

With 9:40 left, we are up 70-36! That is due in large part to 20 points from Klein, 16 points from Rick Johnsen, and 14 points from Eddie Crawford.

I decide to bring in my scrub second team to get them some PT with the huge lead.

This game has been good for my coaching spirit.

Wow. Even my scrubs outplayed them.

Final score: 91-43 win for us!

I needed this huge win as I'm sure Georgia Tech is going to take us a new one in our next game. At least that won't be quite as demoralizing now.

We shot 50% from the field overall and 36.4% (4-11) from 3 point range.

We held them to 36% overall and 22.7% (5 of 22) from 3 point land.

We only had 8 turnovers. They had 22.

We outrebounded them 47-23.

I already mentioned the leading 3 scorers: Klein with 20, Johnsen with 16, and Crawford with 14.

Flowers led the team with 6 assists and only had 3 turnovers.

Kinzer led the team with 8 boards.

Flowers led the team with 5 steals.

Rogers our scrub SG had 2 blocks to lead the team.

Now onto Georgia Tech