Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

WEEKS 10-13:

Week Ten - Halfway through the season and we are a staggering 1-7. The Jaguars were 2-7 before they win on a winning streak that took them all the way to the AFC Championship. Could we have a similar fate in store? Apparently not as Arizona edges us 13-9. Their only TD? A fumble return. Other than that, we scored five combined field goals on the day. Maybe the desert dried out all of the energy from the teams. Logan grabbed his third pick on the year. QB Wynn tossed a pretty anemic game. CB Frazier, backup DT Thomason and some nameless MLB who's not a WV player each had a forced fumble.

Week Eleven - A 10-21 loss at the hands of an Atlanta team that had only three wins does not inspire confidence. Wynn rushed for another TD. He went 22 of 35 for 272 yards, no TD passes, 1 pick, no sacks, two fumbles and a rushing TD. That's a rather mixed performance. C Braham had a trio of KRB. WR Glassner pulled in 93 yards. DE Darrion Scott is out for a week or two. OG Sciullo will be back.

Week Twelve - At this point, I just want to give the folks something to believe in. Going to 8-2 Indianapolis is not easy, but if we win here, it would be something. Unfortunately, we lose. Fortunately, we take them to overtime (my first as the GM here). Pilcher and Brown each caught Wynns TDs. We had a nameless RB with over 100 yards on the ground. Wynn looked positively professional with 15 of 22, 232 yards, 2 TDs, a pick, 2 sacks, and no fumbles. Pilcher was with 97 yards via 7 catches, while Troy had 73 (on just three catches). OG Wade had for KRB while Sciullo had 3 in his return. A good loss, if there is such a thing. FS Jay Benedict will be back next week, as will DE Darrion Scott.

Week Thirteen - We get crushed by the Giants 35-13. I was hoping for more after the Colts game. Wynn tossed up two picks. Troy Brown had 88 yards receiving, which was over half of the 157 yards passing that Wynn had. Jay Benedict had a pick in his return from injury. Dimeback Aaron Beasley had a forced fumble. LCB Graham Ventura is out for the rest of the season. CB Payton will start again, despite busting.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Finishing Up the Season:

Week Fourteen - There are three two loss teams, but we are the only one loss team in the league, giving us the inside track on the number one pick. I want wins. A strong finish and carry over into next year. This week, the four win Texans travel to face us. This is a winnable game. My players must have believed that speech, because we won 37-14. Yep, THIRTY-SEVEN POINTS. Troy Brown caught the only passing TD. Despite the large score, Wynn was just 12 of 26 for 123 yards, a TD, a pick, 3 sacks, and a fumble recovery when one of our RBs fumbles. This was a running day. Lots of yards, rushing TDs and whatnot. WLB Barrett Green forced two fumbles and recovered one himself. CB Payton recovered a fumble and advanced it 36 yards for a TD. Braham had 5 KRB. Logan got another pick. Rookie CB McGregor had his first pick of his NFL career. It was a good day.

Week Fifteen - We lose hosting Atlanta 15-30. Becht grabbed a Wynn pass. Wynn was, okay, on the day. No sacks, no picks, no forced fumbles, so the defense could have done a little bit more. OG Sciullo had a career day with 6 KRB. Wade added another 3 to his total. There are no new injuries.

Week Sixteen - We lose at Jacksonville 10-20. Once again, the player of the game was a WV player not on our team (f'in Leftwich). Wynn threw the ball 44 times. What in the name of all that is holy caused some brilliant offensive mind though we could win by passing with a rookie QB who's not been that good FORTY FOUR TIMES?!?!?!? Wynn, to his credit, didn't throw a pick (he added two more fumbles). He also didn't throw for a TD, only connected with 26 of his throws for 229 yards, and was sacked twice. It could have been much worse...*cough week two*... Troy Brown added 85 receiving yards. Backup DT Askew forced a fumble. OG Wade added yet another 3 KRB for the year. This guy has been remarkably consistent this year.

Week Seventeen - Okay fellas, let's go home with a somewhat happy feeling by winning against the 6-9 and playing for nothing Bucs. We score 28. It is enough? Bucs score 31, so no, its not. Random TE Kris Wilson catches a TD. And then another. And then Wynn hits a nameless RB. Wynn with his first three TD game which, by the way, is something Michael Vick has never done. This is an odd statline. Take a look and see what the issue is - Wynn's statline: 16 of 34 for 324 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int, Sacked 3 times, no fumbles. 16 completions for 326 yards? Holy. Let do the math....yep, that's like ninety yards a reception or something. WR Pilcher had 94 yards receing and led the team, so no favortism in the yards. I like that Wynn spread out his balls. Glassner had 72 yards. I had FOUR receivers with multiple catches and averages over 24 yards a catch. Did they break these catches out? Nope. The combined YAC was 37 yards. Man, that's crazy. Mike Logan added one more pick to his season total. Jay Tanner doubled up his total by getting a second pick.

So, we have some nice offensive performances in the last quarter of the season but still end up with a 2-14 record.

In the Super Bowl, Detroit crushes the Patriots 38-21. (Kerry Collins now the QB of the Lions, in case you care)

-Anxiety

Old 03-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We had zero players with awards. Let's look at some stats.

Front Office Football 2004
Passing Statistics
Code:
Player Pos Team GP GS Att Cmp Pct Yards Avg Lg TD Int Wynn, Broderick QB NOS 16 16 462 259 56.0 3064 6.63 79 12 19 Player Pos Team Sck Yards Rating Wynn, Broderick QB NOS 34 214 67.9 Att - Attempts, Cmp - Completions, Pct - Completion Percentage, Yards - Passing Yards, Avg - Yards per Passing Attempt, Lg - Longest Completion, TD - Passing Touchdowns, Int - Passes Intercepted, Sck - Times Sacked, Yards - Sack Yards Lost, Rate - Quarterback Rating.
Doesn't look like Broderick had a good season. He also had 14 fumbles, which are not listed here. 3000+ passing yards shows he picked up in the second half of the season there. His TD:Int ratio is bad, but that will get better as he improves. You can see the number of sacks as a consequence of a porous line. However, that number of fumbles scares me. I hope this is not a trend.

Running - no WV players here, so I don't care.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Receiving -

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Receiving Statistics Player Pos Team GP GS Targ Ctch Yards Avg YAC Lg TD Glassner, Jermaine WR NOS 16 7 109 53 674 12.7 60 47 1 Brown, Troy WR NOS 16 16 85 46 738 16.0 60 51 3 Becht, Anthony TE NOS 16 16 65 38 405 10.6 131 22 1 Henry, Chris WR NOS 16 0 64 35 380 10.8 46 42 0 Pilcher, Edwin WR NOS 12 12 60 30 461 15.3 119 79 2 Duckett, T.J. RB NOS 16 13 28 18 85 4.7 35 17 2 Hughes, Kent FB NOS 15 10 21 14 71 5.0 26 14 0 Moats, Ryan RB NOS 16 3 11 10 47 4.7 25 11 1 Sellers, Rob WR NOS 4 0 19 10 134 13.4 25 27 0 Wilson, Kris TE NOS 16 2 9 5 95 19.0 31 31 2

Ignore Duckett, Wilson and Moats. Troy Brown was not targeted as much as in the past, so his catches dropped, and therefore his yardage fell. His average yardage per catch is up from 13.8 to 16.0, so it wasn't him. This is a drop off as a result of the rookie QB. Glassner had a solid season. Becht became a fairly reliable target for Wynn.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now let's look at defense:

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Defensive Statistics Player Pos Team GP GS Tckl Asst Sack Blkd Hurr Green, Barrett OLB NOS 16 14 102 21 1.0 0 4 Davis, James OLB NOS 16 16 100 34 2.0 0 2 Godfrey, Randall ILB NOS 16 15 70 30 0.5 0 1 Browning, John DT NOS 16 16 60 13 2.5 6 7 Benedict, Jay S NOS 13 13 57 22 1.0 1 0 Logan, Mike S NOS 16 16 55 17 0.0 0 0 Frazier, Lance CB NOS 16 16 40 11 1.0 0 0 Scott, Darrion DE NOS 15 15 36 23 2.0 5 20 Askew, Matthias DT NOS 16 4 32 14 3.5 4 14 Ventura, Graham CB NOS 12 12 32 16 0.0 0 0 Payton, Jeffrey CB NOS 16 5 31 10 1.0 0 1 Strickland, Howie S NOS 16 3 30 9 0.0 0 0 Stills, Gary DE NOS 16 16 29 11 5.5 3 15 Dotson, Marvin ILB NOS 16 0 27 8 0.0 0 0 Beasley, Aaron CB NOS 16 1 26 8 1.0 0 1 Thomas, Bart DT NOS 16 12 23 13 2.0 0 3 Tanner, Gary S NOS 16 0 18 8 0.5 0 0 McGregor, Wendell CB NOS 9 1 17 4 0.0 0 0 Stargell, Warren DE NOS 16 1 16 9 2.0 2 5 Thomason, Howard DT NOS 16 0 16 3 0.5 0 2

Remember to ignore Godfrey. Barrett Green once again led the team in tackles, although James Davis was right behind. Davis increased his tackle count by 30 or so over last year, and some of that may have had to do with a weaker MLB. Our sack leader was Stills with 5.5. Where was Scott, who's a much better DE? He may have the skills, but he doesn't produce. He did lead the team with 20 hurries, and 5 blocks is okay, and his 3 forced fumbles are an acceptable amount, but he should more impact in the sack department. DT John Browning had a lot of tackles. For a DT, that's a lot, especially considering his skill level. I'm very pleased with his performance. Ironically, Stills and Browning are the weak players on the D Line and one had a bunch of tackles and the other led the team in sacks. It's wierd.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, coverage time:

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Pass Coverage Statistics Player Pos Team GP GS Ints IRYd TD Defn Cght PPly PDPct Logan, Mike S NOS 16 16 5 72 0 7 34 445 19.9 Davis, James OLB NOS 16 16 2 25 0 11 50 548 18.9 Frazier, Lance CB NOS 16 16 1 0 0 7 29 414 19.2 Tanner, Gary S NOS 16 0 1 0 0 1 7 139 19.8 Benedict, Jay S NOS 13 13 1 0 0 5 29 438 19.0 McGregor, Wendell CB NOS 9 1 1 0 0 1 8 99 19.3 Beasley, Aaron CB NOS 16 1 0 0 0 3 16 154 18.1 Godfrey, Randall ILB NOS 16 15 0 0 0 5 28 351 18.5 Green, Barrett OLB NOS 16 14 0 0 0 5 30 323 18.2 Dotson, Marvin ILB NOS 16 0 0 0 0 2 14 110 17.3 Strickland, Howie S NOS 16 3 0 0 0 2 6 128 19.6 Payton, Jeffrey CB NOS 16 5 0 0 0 2 22 363 18.6 Ventura, Graham CB NOS 12 12 0 0 0 8 21 358 19.6

For the third straight year, Mike Logan led the team in picks. James Davis again led the team in passes defensed. Despite just 12 starts, CB Ventura was second with 8 passes defensed. Logan and CB Frazier each had 7.

In blocking, Wade led the team with 32 KRB. Braham just had 23. Sciullo racked up 19. OT Coady, who admittedly was raw, still disappointed with just 13. Wade, however, allowed 12 sacks. That's definately a weakness of his. Undrafted rookie OT Leggett who started 16 games had just 11 KRB, but he also allowed only 4 sacks. That's a pretty impressive performance, all things considered. Only Rich Braham allowed less sacks of the starting five (Braham allowed just one). Sciullo allowed 5. Coady allowed 8.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Official Team Awards (as given out by me)

Rookie of the Year - OT Jonathan Leggett. Several rookies started for us, from OT Coady, to DT Thomas to QB Wynn and occasionally WR Pilcher when healthy. However, it was OT Jonathan Leggett who turned in the best performance. While DT Thomas looked lost, QB Wynn looked like a fumble-matic, OT Coady looked overpowered and WR Pilcher looked overwhelmed, Leggett quietly stopped a lot of pressure. You know that defenses rushed an undrafted rookie starting at OT, and yet he held them back all season long, and I find that very pleasing.

Special Teams Player of the Year - Vanderjagt Again for obvious reasons.

Defensive Player of the Year - SLB James Davis. I wanted to give this to Mike Logan or John Browning, especially since Davis won last year, but I really think he deserved it again. He was two tackles away from having teh most solo tackles on the team and had way more assists than the competition. He again led the team is passes defensed. He was one of only two players to get multiple picks. He notched a pair of sacks to boost his total. He continues to get better, and I think he deserves the award again this year.

Offensive Player of the Year - OG John Wade. There was no standout blocker, no standout receiver, no standout QB, not even a standout RB if I wanted to choose one. How do I select someone? In the end, John Wade stepped up his play this year. He allowed a lot of sacks the past two years as well, but this year he at least knocked some guys around. In the past two seasons he had just 39 KRB, averaging 19.5 per year. This year, he had 32. That's a tremendous increase in production considering his age and ability.

Team MVP - SLB James Davis. He's my best coverage linebacker. He's better in coverage than my corners. He's a great tackler. He's an occasional threat in the backfield. And you would never know this by looking at him in practice. The guy outplays himself every year. This year, Davis is our Team MVP.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of the season, I get a 32 overall score. 0 for on field performance, 88 for roster strength, 40 for value and 52 for profit/loss.

I submit a new stadium plan to New Orleans. It's the same plan they rejected last time.

Finances and Value

We lost 26 million last year. Three first round rookies, including the top two came with hefty bonuses and therefore we spent some significant money there. We also lost a lot of fans, as ticket revenue dropped sharply. We only had 53 percent of our stadium full.

Franchise value - 6th worst stadium, second worst roster, worst fan support, 7th worst economy, lowest value by 40 million dollars.

Troy Brown has retired. We’ll miss him.

I make a bad stadium offer and look over my roster. There’s no franchise worthy players here. I don’t need new staff. I then move into free agency…

Old 03-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Due to our crappy season, we have the top overall draft pick. Let’s take a look and see what draftees are available for this draft…..

Draftable WVU Alums

FS Adrian Greco from WVU is rated 29/70
DT Toby Sanders from WVU is 19/51
DT Allen Voetburg from WVU is 11/45
TE Sammie Gordon from WVU is 9/43
OG Keith Williams from WVU is 16/42

Draftable WV hometown players

RG Floyd Price from Hamlin WV (Went to Duke) 20/62
FS Louis Lucas from Glenville, WV via Washington 18/54
WLB Clifton Rutulante from Summersville, WV (Where I was born!) via UAB 20/52
SS Cornell Eisner from Morgantown, WV, 22/46
SE Derrick Duhart from Farmington, WV, 19/46
QB Edgar McWilliams from Lewisburg, WV 9/45
C Tyrus Howe from Morgantown, WV 14/44
SS Desmond Kelley from Charmco, WV – 23/44
QB Kirk Berrian from Morgantown, WV at 6/43

Draftable from other WV colleges: There are also players from West Liberty, WV Tech but no Marshall.

Essentially, there are no real top rookies for my draft pick. What can I do now?

Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There is a new player in the free agent market – Marc Bulger. I have to try and make a play for him. Another free agent – RB Johnny Foley from Petersburg WV by way of Virginia Tech has been made an offer. Johnny was a UFA four years ago and has developed into an adequate backup – better than Amos.

Speaking of which, I also make an offer to RB Amos Zereoue and DE Gary Stills.

Randy Moss is in his 11th year while Jerry Porter is in his 9th, yet the Raiders won’t trade either for my top overall pick. Sheesh.

Marc Bulger and Gary Stills sign with us in the first week. Gary signed a two year deal worth 3.46 mill. Marc signed a three year deal for 22.65 mill.

Amos and Johnny sign the following week for the veteran minimum.

I go ahead and release a few players who aren’t WV material.

TE Kris Wilson
RB Tiki Barber
RB Ryan Moats
LT Matthias Askew

That’s pretty much all I have to do in free agency. Now I need to see if I can shop our top pick. I’m very happy with where we are safety wise, although I suppose I could draft Greco and then move him to corner. I have lots of problems at the corner spot.

I try to trade our top pick to the Broncos for Jerome Weaver, the top overall selection from a few years ago that was from WVU, but they don’t want to trade a high amortization player.

I’m trying to find an option for the top overall pick, but now dice. This year I have the following picks:

1st in every round
2nd round, number 5
2nd round, number 11
4th number 22
6th number 13
7th number 22
7th number 23
7th number 5

I have fourteen total picks. When I look at the draft pool, I just don’t see this talent. Time to trade some of these picks:

I offer our top overall selection to the Falcons for their tenth round selection this year and next year’s top two pick as well. I’ll grab our safety, convert him to CB, and then move on.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We head into the draft:

The top overall pick is DT Ellis Delgado, by Atlanta.

The tenth pick comes up, and I feel like our safety will still be on the board for a few more picks. I trade out of our spot. The rest of the computers aren’t willing to make a trade, so I draft him at 10.

It’s getting near the end of the first round and I want to take RG Floyd Price with the first pick in the second, but, I think that he is going to go soon. He’s the top G left on the board, and two teams picking between now, 24, and 32 need Gs seriously. I make a move for the 24th pick, but they want too much. I let them pick, then trade with St Louis with the 25th pick and take Floyd. St. Louis got my 5th pick in the second round and my third round pick.

At the top of the second round, I take my bearings. There are no other players in the draft that I really want. I can afford to trade down and hope some players stick on the board.

In terms of quality – there are two great players on the board. A 40/83 TE, a 35/82 C, and a QB at 26/74, which ain’t too shabby either. This is an odd draft.

With so much quality available, I feel very comfortable trading down. I trade my top pick to the Bills for their third round at pick 6 this year and a third rounder next year.

It’s not a great trade, I just wanted out of the spot.

Unfortunately, DT Toby Sanders goes pick 39. Ah well, I played one too many draft games and got caught. He was taken by the Texans. I snatch up WLB Clifton Rutulante and move on to the third round. He was the second highest rated OLB on the board when we grabbed him.

I take Louis Lucas in the third round. He was the second highest rated safety on the board.

In the fourth, DT Allan Voetburg in the top DT on the board, and I take him. SE Derrick Duhart joins us as our late fourth round selection (he was the third WR on the board)

In the fifth, G Keith Williams is off the board to Detroit. I take SS Cornell Eisner.

In the 6th, I grab C Tyrus Howe and TE Sammie Gordon

In the 7th, QB McWilliams joins us. I also nab RB Amos Schultz from Romney WV, ILB Oscar Wells from WVU and ILB Sean Grier from WVU.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The stadium referendum failed and I am quite happy!!!

Heading into the second round of free agency, I need the following positions:

Starting MLB
OT
OG
Starting RB

I make offers to the following RFAs.

FB Matt Sununu
MLB Marvin Dotson
LT Jonathan Leggett
LG Darryl Nixon
LG Bubba Chew

I need to chase down that T, MLB, and RB now. Remember, minimum wage offers only.

I make a minimum wage offer to:

RB Michael Pittman
MLB Niko Koutouvides
LT Paul Gozinsky (He’s from Lewisburg, WV)

All three sign with us

Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

All of our rookies have signed prior to raining camp. I need to reassign some players to different spots in order to fill out some gaps on our team:

What to do with Adrian Greco? At first I wanted to bump him to CB. He is currently a 27/68 according to our scouts. However, SS Mike Logan is getting old. I could also move him to SS. He’s a better FS than my current player – Jay Benedict, and I could play him in his natural position. What to do? This decision is crucial to my team.

Here are the notes:

Move to SS: Made without any change in player ratings. Will have roughly the same experience.
Move to LCB: 93% of the same ratings, roughly the same experience.
Move to RCB: As above.

Well, I thought it would be worse than that. I grimace and click yes on “Move to RCB?”

He is now a 21/58. He is still, by far our best CB.

Other changes:

Allan Voetburg, welcome to the RDT position.
Howard Thomason, welcome to the LDT position.
Oscar Wells, welcome to WLB (He actually got better with the move)
Sean Grier, welcome to the SLB (Ditto Sean Grier)

Well, wish us luck as we head into camp.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #64
Swaggs
Coordinator

I love the name Bubba Chew. I would keep him on my team for his name alone.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Post Training Camp. We have one MAJOR surprise as a rookie player at a nice position busted out in a big way. Let’s take a look at our rookies, in draft order:

RCB Adrian Greco: Rated as a 26/58, he is by far our best potential secondary player. I hope for adequate things from Adrian.

RG Floyd Price: Busted a bit to an unexpected 22/51. He needs some help.

WLB Clifton Rutulante is next. He has a 22/46 body with a specialty in pass rush. He won’t start, but will provide nice depth while he learns and grows.

FS Louis Lucas has a very reliable 20/47. This is a slight disappointment, but you have to expect the occasional hit. He is quite raw.

DT Allen Voetburg. Welcome to our boom player. Allen is now rated at 37/61 a large increase from the previous 11/45 he was at. In fact, not only will Voetburg start for us this year, but he also right there with our first round sophomore draft pick Bart Thomas who is at 36/65. Allen has great potential or current stats in everything except for a woefully poor play diagnosis. This makes me less sad about missing the other DT in the draft.

SE Derrick Duhart is just a body at 19/38. He doesn’t even have any return skill, which I was hoping for.

SS Cornell Eisner is at 23/42, a solid place to be. We’ll see if he’ll ever be anything more than average.

C Tyrus Howe is a woeful 15/36. Ick.

TE Sammie Gordon was picked to be our third TE from WV to join the roster. He busted a bit down to 10/37. He’ll need serious development time, but he has a nice run blocking ability.

QB Edgar McWilliams makes us have our first trio of WV QBs on the roster. Edgar is an 11/45 player with solid backup potential on his face.

RB Amos Schultz was taken purely for depth. At 21/33 that’s all he’ll ever be.

WLB Oscar Wells blanked in run defense, so I’ll likely not play him much. He is a 15/27.

Lastly, SLB Sean Grier has a 15/25 rating. He also busted in run defense.

I bring back C Chris Massey for a year contract.

That brings me to 60 players on the team. Some have to go. I make the following moves:

Cut LCB Tyrone Azumah
Cut LG Darryl Nixon
Move FL Jermaine Glassner to SE
Cut SE Edwin Lovelace
Cut C Tyrus Howe
Cut WLB Oscar Wells
Move FS Louis Lucas to LCB
Cut LCB Jeffrey Payton
WLB Jake Taggart

-Anxiety

Old 03-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Would you like to see our opening day roster?

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 New Orleans Saints Roster, Scout Overview Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Bulger, Marc 11 QB QB 9 66 66 3 yrs Wynn, Broderick 17 QB 2 32 50 3 yrs McWilliams, Edgar 19 QB 1 11 45 3 yrs Pittman, Michael 49 RB RB 11 45 48 2 yrs Foley, Johnny 25 RB 4 36 36 2 yrs Schultz, Amos 44 RB 1 21 33 3 yrs ##Zereoue, Amos 42 RB 10 14 15 1 yr. Hughes, Kent 20 FB FB 3 37 46 2 yrs Sununu, Matt 36 FB 4 27 38 1 yr. Becht, Anthony 86 TE TE 9 47 48 2 yrs ##Gordon, Sammie 84 TE 1 10 37 3 yrs Grueneich, Kenny 6 TE 4 20 36 1 yr. Pilcher, Edwin 83 FL FL 2 35 54 3 yrs Sellers, Rob 87 FL 3 17 26 2 yrs Glassner, Jermaine 15 SE SE 4 26 40 1 yr. Duhart, Derrick 82 SE 1 19 38 3 yrs Henry, Chris 80 SE 4 23 30 1 yr. Braham, Rich 58 C C 14 56 56 1 yr. Massey, Chris 55 C 7 19 32 1 yr. Sciullo, Steve 63 LG LG 6 37 37 4 yrs ##Chew, Bubba 76 LG 4 16 29 1 yr. Price, Floyd 64 RG 1 22 51 4 yrs Wade, John 51 RG RG 11 33 39 1 yr. Gozinsky, Paul 73 LT LT 4 30 41 1 yr. ##Leggett, Jonathan 62 LT 2 18 31 2 yrs Coady, Jamal 60 RT RT 2 61 84 4 yrs Shiel, Curtis 61 RT 3 32 35 1 yr. Hanson, Chris 13 P 8 31 31 1 yr. Vanderjagt, Mike 12 K 11 58 63 1 yr. Scott, Darrion 70 LDE LDE 5 54 63 1 yr. Stargell, Warren 78 LDE 3 28 33 1 yr. Stills, Gary 71 RDE RDE 9 40 40 2 yrs ##Forbes, Drew 94 RDE 2 12 24 3 yrs Thomas, Bart 95 LDT LDT 2 36 65 4 yrs Thomason, Howard 79 LDT 2 20 32 2 yrs Voetberg, Allen 90 RDT RDT 1 37 61 4 yrs Browning, John 77 RDT 12 39 39 1 yr. Koutouvides, Niko 98 MLB MLB 5 39 54 1 yr. Dotson, Marvin 93 MLB 4 22 29 2 yrs Davis, James 96 SLB SLB 6 49 49 2 yrs ##Grier, Sean 57 SLB 1 15 25 3 yrs Green, Barrett 97 WLB WLB 9 48 51 1 yr. Rutulante, Clifton 53 WLB 1 22 46 4 yrs Lucas, Louis 35 LCB 1 12 44 4 yrs Ventura, Graham 47 LCB LCB 3 34 43 1 yr. Greco, Adrian 33 RCB RCB 1 26 58 5 yrs McGregor, Wendell 27 RCB 2 12 39 3 yrs Frazier, Lance 40 RCB 5 36 37 1 yr. Logan, Mike 31 SS SS 11 44 49 1 yr. ##Eisner, Cornell 30 SS 1 23 42 3 yrs Tanner, Gary 26 SS 3 27 41 2 yrs Benedict, Jay 38 FS FS 3 47 52 2 yrs Strickland, Howie 48 FS 4 23 40 1 yr. $$ - player is in starting lineup, ## - player is inactive. Players Under Contract: 53 Inactive: 7 On Active Roster: 46 Salary Cap: $99,900,000 Cap Room: $24,500,000 Maximum for New Player: $24,830,000 Cap Room Lost (to old contracts): $2,540,000 Cap Room Lost Next Year (to old contracts): $680,000 Cap Room Required Next Year: $55,590,000
I am very unhappy with Chris Hanson. I make an offer to the Broncos for Sauerbrun again.

Todd is still a fan favorite, so no trade.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s take a look at our starters:

QB Marc Bulger – I know that some may think it odd that we draft a first round QB, start him an entire year, commit to him, then grab a free agent QB and make him our starter. However, Marc is just simply better right now than we think Wynn could ever be.

RB Michael Pittman – Not from WV.

FB Kent Hughes – He’s an okay enough FB who will probably start forever due to the decided lack of quality WV players at his position.

TE Anthony Becht – Age is causing him to lose a bit of a step each year.

FL Edwin Pilcher - Our good receiver is now in his second year. We’d like to see improvement on the field.

SE Jermaine Glassner – He’s okay. Nothing special at all.

LT Paul Gozinsky – This undrafted free agent in his fourth year was picked up by us and now he’ll start. Lucky Paul. We still need a good LT.

LG Steve Sciullo – He’ll start for us again.

C Rich Braham – Hello old man. Please keep anchoring the middle of our line until a replacement comes along. Please.

RG John Wade – With a great year this year and a bit of a bust by Price, Wade will start again this year, at least for now.

RT Jamal Coady – The hoss is getting better.

K Mike Vanderjagt – A fine kicker.

P Chris Hanson – A bad punter getting worse every year.

LDE Darrion Scott – We want to see more sacks from him this year.

RDE Gary Stills – He’s still just adequate, until I can get that guy from Denver.

LDT Bart Thomas – One of last’s year’s first round picks. Bart is solid but unspectacular with a good chance at being something good. We want a lot more development and experience on the field.

RDT Allen Voetberg – Let’s throw him to the wolves and see what happens.

SLB James Davis – He has outperformed his ability in each of his three years here. Will that trend continue this year or will he backslide? Last year’s team defensive MVP will be on a bit of a spotlight.

MLB – We have some guy, can’t remember his name, not from WV so I don’t care.

WLB Barrett Green – Continues to be okay.

LCB Graham Ventura – Please don’t give up too many balls.

RCB Adrian Greco – I am making an executive decision and starting Greco over Lance Frazier because of his upside. Frazier is moved to nickelback and newly minted CB Louis Lucas is our dimeback.

SS Mike Logan – As another player who overachieves, can Mike give us one more season of goodness?

FS Jay Benedict – Well, he’s here and stuff. I’d like to see him with more picks, passes defensed, tackles – something to show that he is actually playing football back there.

Yep, that’s my team alright. Rookie starters are CB Greco and DT Voetberg.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Another Editor's Note:

This is another hindsight comment. During this offseason I made two decisions that, along with my drafted player from the previous year, were the best decisions I made in the history of the franchise. One of these decisions this year was a no brainer, so it wasn't really a monumental thing, but the other was not.

-Anxiety

Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #69
Tellistto
College Prospect

One hopes that in future updates these comments about decisions will become clearer. The team seems to be moving up a bit, hopefully the wins started coming your way more often after this season was over. Not like you need that top pick every season, considering it's not that likely there will be a WV player worthy of that pick anyways. It is useful for getting more picks, however.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto
One hopes that in future updates these comments about decisions will become clearer. The team seems to be moving up a bit, hopefully the wins started coming your way more often after this season was over. Not like you need that top pick every season, considering it's not that likely there will be a WV player worthy of that pick anyways. It is useful for getting more picks, however.

Tell

They will, they definitely will. Starting this season, I believe.

-Anxiety

Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The schedule:

New Orleans Saints 2008 Regular Season Schedule

Week Opponent Result Attendance Weather
Week 1 at Atlanta Falcons
Week 2 at Oakland Raiders
Week 3 at San Francisco 49ers
Week 4 DETROIT LIONS
Week 5 at Green Bay Packers
Week 6 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Week 7 at Chicago Bears
Week 8 at Carolina Panthers
Week 9 MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Week 10 ATLANTA FALCONS
Week 11 OPEN
Week 12 at Denver Broncos
Week 13 DALLAS COWBOYS
Week 14 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Week 15 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Week 16 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Week 17 CAROLINA PANTHERS

Home Games in ALL CAPS

Season Tickets Sold: 27,600

Note the low amount of season tickets sold. This is with 100 Idolized fan favorite Marc Bulger getting added to the squad.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We received a B for our draft.

There were several major QBs taken in this year’s draft, including a 6th round boom and an undrafted boom. The undrafted boom is a 14/61. The 6th round boom is a 19/69 – like a Tom Brady or something.

Okay – let head into our preseason games.

We went 3-1 in the preseason. Here are some injuries that occurred:

OT Jamal Coady is a bit banged up – He’s questionable.

SE Chris Henry is doubtful.

RG John Wade is questionable.

I’ll start my O lineman and deactivate Henry.

Week One – We travel to Hot Lanta and return triumphant winners 33-18. Not since Sherman’s has Atlanta seen a team of men this hot. Vanderjagt kicked many FGs. Johnny Foley rushed for a score. Bulger hit Glassner for another score. (Pittman rushed for a score). Bulger was 20 of 29 for 193, a TD, and no picks in his debut. Pilcher caught 89 yards on 8 catches. Stills notched 2.5 sacks of M. Vick. Adrian Greco, in his debut picked off Vick. Voetberg is his debut notched a half a sack of Vick. Braham notched a quartet of KRB. This was a team on a mission. Excellent!

Week Two – Darrion Scott is out for a couple of weeks with a hyperextended knee. Chris Henry will remain benched. Let’s hope we can add to last week’s excitement against the Raidahs. A 24-7 victory says that we do! Pilcher caught a TD, rookie Duhart caught another and some bum (Pittman) rushed for a third. Marc was on fire with 28 of 44 for 328 yards, 2 TDs and no picks. Pilcher caught 11 balls for 133 yards plus that TD of his. CB Ventura, backup safety Tanner and Logan each notched picks. OT Coady added four KRB.

Week Three – Our third straight away game to start the season – can we keep winning on the road? Can we keep winning at all? Chris Henry is back this week – DE Scott is still out. The 49ers are up. They beat us 26-21. Newly converted CB Louis Lucas grabbed a pick and returned it for a TD. (Pittman) rushed for a TD. Chris Henry, back in action today, caught a 20 yard pass from Bulger for the score. Bulger was just 50% and threw his first pick of the season. Duhart caught another 80 yards. This wasn’t as much of a team effort, so we lost.

Week Four – Our home debut and we play against the Lions. DE Scott is probably and I’ll put him back into the lineup. DT Voetberg is questionable, but I’ll keep him in. We need him. We were 2-14 last year. There would be a big momentum swing if we finished the first quarter of the season 3-1 as opposed to 2-2. Luckily for us, we manage to edge out the Lions 21-18. (Pittman) had a run. Bust Rob Sellers who plays only because I’m hurting for decent special teams players caught a TD. Ed Picher caught another. (Pittman) has his first 100 yard game of the season. Bulger was 22 of 35 for 218 yards, two TDs and a pick. Logan and Ventura each forced fumbles and both were recovered. Braham, Wade and Sciullo each had a trio of KRB.

At the quarter mark, we are 3-1. Bulger has tossed 984 yards and 6 TDs against 2 picks with a 91.5 rating, good for third best rating in the league. He’s also not fumbled and only been sacked four times. He has a good head on his shoulders. Five of those six TDs are to different players, which shows a good understanding of the field and his players. Marc has made our offense feasible.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week Five – We lose in Green Bay 23-7. I hope this isn’t the glass slipper falling off. Our sole score was RB Foley rushing for a TD and also fumbled the ball away twice. Bulger was ordinary with a fumble (He recovered his own fumble) and a pick. We just didn’t do enough to have an impact on this game.

Week Six – We host Tampa. We lose to Tampa. 19-17. Pilcher caught a Bulger TD and bust Rob Sellers caught the other. Logan picked off Bledsoe. Four of my players sacked the old man. Yes, that’s right – Bledsoe. It actually does seem like someone Jon Gruden would bring in.

Week Seven – OT Coady and our MLB are both out for a bit with viral infections. A few other players are probable with them. We travel to Chicago and lose 12-31. I definitely think the slipper crashed. Pilcher caught a Bulger pass. Gary Still grabbed another pair of sacks. Voetberg forced a fumble.

Week Eight – We travel to Carolina and defeat the Panthers 17-3. Foley rushed for a score while (Pittman) rushed for the other. G John Wade was the player of the game. He notched up 6 KRB while Braham added another 4. Ventura added another forced fumble.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week Nine – Coady is back this week. Our normal starting MLB is still questionable, so I leave him on the bench. We host the Vikings. Apparently, we are pissed, because we really take it out on them. 44-17. Forty-four. Glassner caught a trio of TDs. Becht caught another. (Pittman) added a fifth on the ground. FB Kent Hughes broke a 42 yard TD scamper. Well, I suspect it was more of a rumbling than a scamper. Marc was simply on fire. 28 of 33 for 281, 4 TDs and a pick. He spread the ball out with no receiver getting more than 60 yards. LB Davis and Logan each gathered their picks. Braham and Sciullo each had a trio of KRB. Four players forced fumbles, including Ventura and FS Jay Benedict. Marc Bulger wins NFL Offensive Player of the Week.

Week Ten – We host the Falcons and then head into our bye week. It’d be nice to be at our bye with a 6-4 record. At the end of the day, we’ll either be nice with a 6-4 or in a mire at 5-5. One game will help determine how we view our entire first ten games. We win, 24-16. Backup TE Kenny Gruen-something caught a TD. Foley added a ground score and (Pittman) caught a TD. Bulger had a very efficient day (22 of 26). Sciullo had another trio of KRB. There were no turnovers this day for either team.

Week Eleven - Bulger was banged up last week. Starting OT Paul Gozinsky is out for the season with a torn MCL. I IR him. I bring in a nice RT Kurt Vollers to finish out the year with us. He’s really good, actually (54/55). This is our bye week. Bye.

Week Twelve – Bulger is questionable. I am absolutely playing him. Our division currently:

New Orleans – 6-4
Carolina – 5-5
Tampa – 3-7
Atlanta – 3-7

As you can see, we need to keep abreast of our opponents. This week we travel to Mile High Stadium, and I don’t feel comfortable putting QB Wynn under center on the road, in a tough stadium, with the division lead on the line. Unfortunately, we lose anyway – 14-20. Foley rushed for both of our scores. Adrian Greco grabbed another pick. Bulger was exposed but still didn’t do too badly. Sciullo and Wade each had three KRB. (Pittman) fumbled a crucial ball deep in our territory.

Week Thirteen – Bulger is up to probable, so it’s hopefully all good on the injury front QB speaking. We host and defeat the Cowboys 24-14. Duhert, Glassner and Sellers all caught TD passes. Pilcher had a 116 yard day. Bulger’s passing was on target while our running game limped behind. Wade had 5 KRB while Sciullo had 3 more. MLB Marvin Dotson had a pair of forced fumbles.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week Fourteen – Coady and WR Duhart are questionable. They’ll play anyway. We host the 2-10 Chargers, which seems like an easy assignment. At least until they lay 38 points on us to our 25. Lance Frazier recovered a fumble for a TD. (Pittman) caught a TD pass. Pilcher had 118 yards. CB Greco forced a fumble. Braham had another 3 KRB. SLB James Davis is out for a few weeks.

Week Fifteen – Carolina also lost, so we are still in the division lead. This week we have the mighty 4-9 Buccaneers hosting our little coming out party. Its time for some revenge for our loss to the lowly Chargers. We survive, 17-14. Chris Henry caught a 30 yard TD pass while (Pittman) dashed for a score. Foley had over 00 yards on the ground on 11 carries while spelling (Pittman). Either Bulger or his receivers looked lost. He hit on 15 of 25 for 137 yards, a TD and no picks. DT Voetberg led the team in tackles and had 1.5 sacks. Sciullo had 3 KRB while Braham had 4.

Week Sixteen – Next we host the problematic 12-2 Chiefs. They edge us out 20-19. Glassner and Duhart catch some TD passes. Vanderjagt missed an XP wit 3:51 left in the game, although we were up 19-17 at that point. Logan notched another pick.

Week Seventeen – We host the Panthers in a season ending match. We have several nagged up players, but I’ll start them all. The Panthers are one game back and we need to win this. We lose to the Panthers 31-19, but we won the tiebreaker and the division at 8-8. Bulger hit Glassner, then Wynn came in and hit Foley for another score. Braham had three more KRB.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:23 AM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Playoffs:

We host the Minnesota Vikings. We crushed them earlier this year after dropping a season high 44 points on them. DE Gary Stills is out for a while. This time, we lose 24-27. Foley rushed for a score while Bulger hit backup FB Sununu and Pilcher for scores. Pilcher caught 176 yards. Bulger tossed over 300 and no picks. DE Scott had 2.5 sacks and led the team in tackles with 9. Wade had three KRB. Backup MLB Dotson forced a fumble. Vanderjagt missed a FG with two seconds on the clock. We got the back with 52 second and drove from our 26 for 40 yards on four plays in 50 seconds. A bit slow, but still, we drove. That would have been roughly a 51 yard FG attempt, so that’s an understandable, although regrettable miss.

Cincinnati defeats the 49ers 24-21 in the Super Bowl. The Vikings lost to the 49ers the following week.

None of our players received any awards.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s take a look at some stats:

QB Marc Bulger had a 60.3 percent completion rate, 3907 yards, 23:13 TD:Int rate, just two fumbles, 27 sacks and an 85.4 QB Rate. This was a definite improvement over previous QBs. I credit much of our success this season to Bulger, especially given the bums he was throwing to.

Backup RB Johnny Foley had 6 rushing scores, 550 yards, and a 3.98 ypc, 0.48 better than the starter. Unfortunately, he led the team in fumbles with 4.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Code:
Receiving Stats: Front Office Football 2004 Receiving Statistics Player Pos Team GP GS Targ Ctch Yards Avg YAC Lg TD Pilcher, Edwin WR NOS 16 16 162 85 1079 12.6 155 49 4 Glassner, Jermaine WR NOS 16 13 110 63 751 11.9 118 41 7 Sellers, Rob WR NOS 16 4 74 46 533 11.5 65 47 3 Duhart, Derrick WR NOS 16 1 72 40 599 14.9 68 44 3 Becht, Anthony TE NOS 16 14 51 36 410 11.3 140 26 1 Hughes, Kent FB NOS 16 12 32 26 176 6.7 77 26 0 Pittman, Michael RB NOS 16 16 21 14 92 6.5 33 21 2 Henry, Chris WR NOS 14 0 15 11 181 16.4 18 30 2 Sununu, Matt FB NOS 16 0 11 9 35 3.8 14 10 0 Grueneich, Kenny TE NOS 16 4 10 5 51 10.2 7 32 1 Foley, Johnny RB NOS 16 0 5 4 29 7.2 2 11 1 Schultz, Amos RB NOS 16 0 1 1 1 1.0 0 1 0

As can be seen here, Pilcher notched a 1000+ yard season, which is a pretty good deal. Nine different players caught TD passes under Bulger, which shows a nice distribution of scores by our QB. Glassner led the team in TDs with 7. Incidentally, Pilcher was 8th in the league in receiving yards and the only game-created player to get over one thousand yards this season. Duhart’s almost 600 yards is nice for a rookie backup, and Rob Sellers even notched a surprising 533 yards as a bust.

K Mike Vanderjagt missed 8 FGs and TWO PATs, which is just unacceptable.

-Anxiety

Old 03-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Defense:

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Defensive Statistics Player Pos Team GP GS Tckl Asst Sack Blkd Hurr Green, Barrett OLB NOS 16 15 93 33 1.0 1 0 Davis, James OLB NOS 13 13 71 27 2.5 1 7 Benedict, Jay S NOS 16 16 68 32 0.0 0 0 Logan, Mike S NOS 16 16 67 26 0.0 0 1 Ventura, Graham CB NOS 16 16 53 13 0.0 0 0 Thomas, Bart DT NOS 16 16 45 21 0.0 1 6 Stills, Gary DE NOS 16 16 44 12 8.5 6 19 Koutouvides, Niko ILB NOS 9 8 42 20 1.0 0 2 Frazier, Lance CB NOS 16 3 42 9 0.5 0 0 Scott, Darrion DE NOS 14 14 37 19 4.0 4 20 Voetberg, Allen DT NOS 16 13 37 14 4.0 0 5 Greco, Adrian CB NOS 16 16 37 16 0.0 0 0 Dotson, Marvin ILB NOS 16 6 26 7 1.0 0 0 Stargell, Warren DE NOS 16 2 24 5 4.5 2 3 Browning, John DT NOS 16 3 20 5 0.0 1 7 Grier, Sean OLB NOS 10 0 17 5 0.0 0 0 Strickland, Howie S NOS 16 0 13 2 0.0 0 0 Rutulante, Clifton OLB NOS 16 1 13 2 0.0 0 0

Again, Barrett of the Green led our team in tackles. Gary Stills led our team in sacks with 8.5 and added 19 hurries. Darrion Scott had another disappointing year with 4 sacks, although he had an outstanding playoff game and led the team in hurries with 20. Backup DE Stargell grabbed 4.5 sacks, more than Scott who started. I was very pleased with DT Voetberg’s 4 sacks, a nice amount of pressure from a rookie DT. DT Bart Thomas had more tackles than normal for a DT in my system.

-Anxiety

Old 03-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Pass Coverage Statistics Player Pos Team GP GS Ints IRYd TD Defn Cght PPly PDPct Logan, Mike S NOS 16 16 4 73 0 7 31 406 19.9 Greco, Adrian CB NOS 16 16 2 12 0 5 29 402 19.2 Davis, James OLB NOS 13 13 1 2 0 6 38 375 18.3 Koutouvides, Niko ILB NOS 9 8 1 0 0 6 16 214 20.0 Ventura, Graham CB NOS 16 16 1 0 0 4 34 475 18.6 Tanner, Gary S NOS 16 0 1 5 0 0 4 117 20.0 Lucas, Louis CB NOS 16 2 1 38 1 3 4 137 21.2 Green, Barrett OLB NOS 16 15 0 0 0 2 23 303 18.2 Frazier, Lance CB NOS 16 3 0 0 0 3 26 269 17.8 Dotson, Marvin ILB NOS 16 6 0 0 0 2 10 137 18.7 Strickland, Howie S NOS 16 0 0 0 0 1 0 42 21.4 Benedict, Jay S NOS 16 16 0 0 0 5 34 479 18.5 Forbes, Drew DE NOS 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 17 16.5 Thomas, Bart DT NOS 16 16 0 0 0 0 3 464 19.9 McGregor, Wendell CB NOS 16 0 0 0 0 2 0 16 27.5 Voetberg, Allen DT NOS 16 13 0 0 0 1 4 388 19.9 Grier, Sean OLB NOS 10 0 0 0 0 1 6 84 18.6

Who led my team in picks again? Ah yes, Mike Logan. Greco grabbed a pair. Logan also led the team is passes defensed with a mighty 7. I wanted to point out that even rookie DT Voetberg got in on the passes defensed action. We may need to do something about Jay Benedict. He’s not played nearly as well as he could have all career long.

-Anxiety

Old 03-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

How about some Blocking?

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Blocking Statistics Player Pos Team GP GS KRB KRO BPct SkA PPly SPct RPly OPct Sciullo, Steve G NOS 16 16 32 84 38.0 5 582 0.8 451 18.6 Braham, Rich C NOS 16 16 31 106 29.2 3 588 0.5 455 23.2 Wade, John G NOS 16 14 28 80 35.0 9 527 1.7 403 19.8 Coady, Jamal T NOS 14 14 11 57 19.2 4 486 0.8 386 14.7 Hughes, Kent FB NOS 16 12 10 26 38.4 1 365 0.2 269 9.6 Sununu, Matt FB NOS 16 0 5 10 50.0 0 119 0.0 75 13.3 Becht, Anthony TE NOS 16 14 4 15 26.6 0 425 0.0 398 3.7 Vollers, Kurt T NOS 9 8 4 17 23.5 3 310 0.9 211 8.0 Gozinsky, Paul T NOS 10 10 4 20 20.0 2 317 0.6 268 7.4 Price, Floyd G NOS 6 2 2 10 20.0 0 73 0.0 64 15.6 Massey, Chris C NOS 16 0 1 1 100.0 0 7 0.0 8 12.5 Grueneich, Kenny TE NOS 16 4 1 5 20.0 0 81 0.0 127 3.9 Shiel, Curtis T NOS 6 2 1 11 9.0 0 118 0.0 99 11.1 Leggett, Jonathan T NOS 4 0 0 1 0.0 0 18 0.0 4 25.0

Steve Sciullo led us with 32 KRB, although Braham and Wade were right behind. I’m disappointed in Coady’s lack of run blocking. John Wade was a hole in the passing game, and I may look to move Price into his spot next year.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Team Awards:

Rookie of the Year: DT Allen Voetberg. Allen had a strong inside presence all year long, including four sacks from the interior, regular pressure on the QB, and regular tackling on the ball carrier. His only turnover was a forced fumble, but he remained a regular presence all year long, and I was very pleased with his performance.

Special Teams Player of the Year: FB Matt Sununu. Matt is the backup FB but he plays on special team. This year he notched eight special teams tackles, forced three fumbles, and recovered one of them himself. This will probably be the only award Matt will ever win in his life, so here’s to Matt!

Defensive Player of the Year: SS Mike Logan. This year’s award goes to a guy who led our team in picks, led our team in passes defensed, and notched 67 tackles, fourth most on the team. He was simply a powerful force for us in the secondary or in run support, and we are glad to award him with our Defensive POTY award.

Offensive Player of the Year: QB Marc Bulger. I usually don’t like awarding the QB the award unless it is truly deserved. This year, it was. Marc was in the league’s top ten in QB rating and passing yards and 11th in TDs and completion rates. He was consistently near the top in every major passing stat. He did all of this with a woefully anemic receiving corps.

Team MVP: QB Marc Bulger. I really believe that Marc was a difference maker on offense and helped our team to an 8-8 division winning playoff year. Congrats on your award Marc!

-Anxiety

Old 03-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Score:

Team Performance – 69
Franchise Value – 37
Profit/Loss – 69
Roster Strength – 89

Total – 65

Roster Strength is 89? What is this computer smoking?

Let’s take a look at our franchise:

We have the 8th worst stadium
We have by far, the worst roster (a mighty 2 out of a hundred, next worst is Seattle at 35)
We have the worst support, 11 behind Arizona.
We have the 10th worst economy
Our franchise has the lowest value at 384 million. Miami is second worst with 425 million.
Our Attendance last year was up 4k. We had the second lowest real number and worst capacity.
We lost 8 mill

Old 03-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heading to the preseason:

Amos Zereoue retired. So did Randy Moss.

I plan another Stadium plan in Huntington, WV. 60k, outdoor/natural grass, 10000 club seats, 250 luxury boxes. 362 million. We offer to pay 50%. This is 40 million cheaper than the previous plan.

I hire our head coach for a new 5 year contract.

I choose to chase our own free agents. I take a quick look at the draft. More Safeties from WV schools, plus another nice guard. Then I see him. A first round quality RB from Brenton, WV and Vanderbilt. Rated 51/64 and the best RB in the draft. That is interesting. Especially since Atlanta gave us their first round pick – number one!

OG Price has busted down to a 24/46.

I offer contracts to:

K Mike Vanderjagt for three years.
DE Darrion Scott for four years.
C Rich Braham for two years.
WLB Barrett Green for two years
SS Mike Logan for two years

All of these players sign for us.

-Anxiety

Old 03-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #85
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Then I see him. A first round quality RB from Brenton, WV and Vanderbilt. Rated 51/64 and the best RB in the draft. That is interesting. Especially since Atlanta gave us their first round pick – number one!
Veeery good to hear. I'm sure he could be a good turn-around for the franchise. Do you plan on drafting him at 1(1)??? How about a screenshot of his pre-draft numbers??? I'm already a fan of the guy...
Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Veeery good to hear. I'm sure he could be a good turn-around for the franchise. Do you plan on drafting him at 1(1)??? How about a screenshot of his pre-draft numbers??? I'm already a fan of the guy...

Let me go ahead and post some more, and maybe your questions will be answered...

-Anxiety

Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I want to see if I can finally make a trade for Denver’s DE Jerome Weaver. I take a look at the draft early in the free agency time of year:

From WVU:

SS Alonzo Poston, 12/59
RG Stan McKnight, 20/52
FL RJ Cooper, 22/46
RT Daniel Maloney, 11/43
And Maybe P Deion Newsome, 26/39

Marshall:

RG Ryan Mileusnic 33/69
SLB Gino Reynolds, 15/54

Shepherd:

ILB Dusty Ferguson, 13/51

WV Hometown:

RB Eddie Guthrie, 51/64
LDE Fred Bailey, 19/55 from Parkersburg, WV
RT Jermaine Taylor, 31/46 from Clendenin, WV

There aren’t as many players in this draft. Well, I simply have to get Dusty Ferguson. First real inside LB to come through the draft from WV so far. I also need RB Guthrie, but I can grab him with the top overall pick. DE Bailey, G McKnight and G Ryan Mileusnic are all nice pickups. Even Gino Reynolds has the ability to start for us eventually. Unfortunately, we don’t have much depth here. I hope to take the Marshall G and Guthrie in the first with our two picks. With the top pick in the second round, I’ll look at Ferguson, Reynolds, Bailey, McKnight or Poston. I’ll hope to grab more later in the round.

Heck, G Mileusnic might not even be available at pick 17, where we are this year. I have two extra third round picks this year. Late round picks aren’t going to be helpful unless I grab P Newsome, or one of these adequate 40s players. Later picks aren’t going to be of much use to me.

I may try and trade down a few picks in order to grab more picks and still take Guthrie. I don’t want to move too far down, though. Last draft I played one too many draft day games and missed a player.

I decide to try and trade with Tampa. They have the fourth spot. Neither Tampa, St. Louis nor Houston have any real need for a RB. I trade our top overall pick to the Bucs for their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks this year.

I have nothing to trade to Denver for their DE, so I just wait until the draft.

-Anxiety

Old 03-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Draft:

Tampa takes a DE and then two OTs go. I nab Guthrie with the 4th overall pick. He is the third best player on the board by grade. I look more closely at the board and realize that there is no way I am going to be able to get our OG at pick 17. He is the best G on the table. I trdae our 17th pick to the Cowboys for their 8th. I give up a 3rd round this year (number 21) and Buffalo’s 3rd rounder next year. I take our G in with the 8th pick.

I fast forward to the beginning of the second round. SS Alonzo Poston is still available, as is DE Bailey, SLB Reynolds, ILB Ferguson, and RG McKnight. I want to get all five of these players. I take a look at their individual position lists. According to our grade, here is where they currently are on our lists:

SS Poston – Top safety on the board
DE Bailey – 3rd DE on the board
SLB Reynolds – 5th OLB on the board.
ILB Ferguson – 3rd ILB on the board
RG McKnight – 4th G on the board.

So, the best pick, should be Poston. I don’t have a severe need there, but Logan is aging and Benedict is questionable, so I decide to nab Poston with the first pick in the second round.

A DE goes, so Bailey is at second on the board. I take Bailey with our fourth pick we just got from the Bucs.

At pick 17 – Reynolds is now at number 3, Ferguson at number 2 and McKnight at 2. I suspect that one or two or all three of these players could be gone by our next pick – 3rd pick number 4. I need Ferguson badly, so I grab him, just in case.

G McKnight has been taken by the Chiefs. Reynolds is the top OLB on the board so I nag him quickly. I missed one of our players, but grabbed the other four.

There are no real players that I want in this draft still on the board. I make a few calls to see if we can trade a few of our picks. I trade away our other two 3rd round picks to teams for next year’s 3rd rounders.

It’s the fourth round, pick 17. FL RJ Cooper is still on the board. RT Daniel Maloney is still on the board. I take Maloney.

By the 5th round, the only 40+ rated players left are…umm…nobody. I trade our 5th and 6th picks to teams for next year’s picks. I had two of each, and I trade with the Rams and Texans.

I want that Punter in the 7th round, and I am quite sure that he’ll be there. He is, and I take him.

-Anxiety

Old 03-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After the draft I have a great e-mail waiting my attention:

FINAL VOTE TALLEY FOR OUR MOVE TO HUNTINGTON:

50.4% in favor
49.6% opposed

We are moving to WEST VIRGINIA.

Construction should be complete in five years – 2014.

-Anxiety

Old 03-07-2006, 03:24 AM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We got a C+ for our draft.

I get a message from Gary Stills that he is holding out. Bastard.

I make offers to:

LCB Graham Ventura
FS Howie Strickland
LDE Warren Stargell
TE Kenny Grueneich
SE Chris Henry
SE Jermaine Glassner
C Chris Massey
G John Wade
RT Curtis Shiel
RDT John Browning

I am not making offers to:

P Chris Hanson who sucks.
RT Paul Gozinsky whose injury cut his ability in half
OG Bubba Chew who isn’t that good

I am making offers to these undrafted free agents from WVU:

RCB Vincent Cambini
RCB Rickey Schreiber
FB Clay Wright
RG Mario Talley

FB Matt Sununu was signed by the Chiefs during the offseason. Bastards. I never even noticed. CB Lance Frazier signed with the Bengals. Both were signed week 19, and I just was quick simming and must’ve missed that week. Damn.

I extend the following contracts:

FB Kent Hughes by three years
TE Anthony Becht by two years
FS Jay Benedict by two years
SLB James Davis by three years

I’m going to need another RB, so I look to see what depth is out there.

I make an offer to undrafted FA RB Tyrone Gomez out of U Penn from Glenville, WV.

Since he doesn’t want that much more and he’s in the final year of his contract anyway, I decide to extend Gary Stills contract by two years.

Prior to camp, I make a few moves:

Fred Bailey is moved to RDE.

I seriously consider moving SS Poston to the LCB position. I can do so with no change in ratings. However, he seems to have more SS ratings than LCB ones. What are his strongest stats? Run D. Weakest? Bump and Run. Good Man and Zone though, which is where a safety lies. This guy is an obvious SS in terms of skill set, and if I move him to LCB, then I worry about not having a replacement for Mike Logan in the wings and having squandered my best opportunity for a good safety for a guy who will never do that well on the CB position. I decide ultimately to let him play his most natural position – SS.

All of the players that I chased have signed with us. All draftees have signed. We have 58 players on our roster heading into training camp. Let’s go!

-Anxiety

Old 03-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s take a look at our rookies in draft order:

RB Edgar Guthrie – I suspect that this guy will be with us for a very long time. He’s a 51/61 sort of guy. He’s great at third down running, hole recognition, and elusiveness, solid at power inside and so-so with breakaway speed and sped to outside. He’ll eventually be great at avoiding fumbles. He looks to never be a good receiver.

RG Ryan Mileusnic – Still a 35/69 guy. More of a pass blocker than a run blocker. He’s a very strong man.

SS Alonzo Poston – A 16/56 guy with amazing run defense and man to man potential. Very weak in the bump and run.

RDE Fred Bailey – No Pass Rush Strength at all. He’s not a big hitter either. He’s either great or getting great everywhere else though. A real one dimensional player. 21/50

MLB Dusty Ferguson – 14/47 and quite raw. He is blanked at Zone defense. He has great run defense potential, solid pass rush and man to man, and even okay bump and run potential.

SLB Gino Reynolds – 17/48 with no real specialty, just a bunch of potentials in their 20s, 30s and 60s. (60s would be run D, pass rush, play diag).

RT Daniel Maloney – 13/43 with 41/53 potentials in his blocking stats. Okay.

P Daniel Newsome – Has no hang time at all. 44/53 kicking power, 18/38 directional punting, 51 kick holding. For the record, Chris Hanson is a free agent. He has 20, 56, 28, 56. I prefer the power of Newsome who might actually get the opponent further downfield.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For the first time, we have a team of all WV players. I need to cut some. Who shall stay and who shall go?

I cut:

SLB Sean Grier
RDE Drew Forbes
RG Mario Talley
RCB Rickey Schreiber
SS Cornell Eisner

Would you like to see our roster?
Code:
Front Office Football 2004 New Orleans Saints Roster, Scout Overview Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Bulger, Marc 11 QB QB 10 66 66 2 yrs Wynn, Broderick 17 QB 3 35 47 2 yrs McWilliams, Edgar 19 QB 2 14 45 2 yrs Guthrie, Edgar 32 RB RB 1 51 61 5 yrs Foley, Johnny 25 RB 5 30 32 1 yr. Schultz, Amos 44 RB 2 21 32 2 yrs ##Gomez, Tyrone 39 RB 1 18 29 1 yr. Hughes, Kent 20 FB FB 4 43 46 4 yrs Wright, Clay 46 FB 1 17 31 1 yr. Becht, Anthony 86 TE TE 10 46 46 3 yrs Grueneich, Kenny 6 TE 5 24 35 1 yr. ##Gordon, Sammie 84 TE 2 11 34 2 yrs Pilcher, Edwin 83 FL FL 3 45 53 2 yrs Sellers, Rob 87 FL 4 20 25 1 yr. Glassner, Jermaine 15 SE SE 5 34 39 2 yrs Duhart, Derrick 82 SE 2 21 34 2 yrs Henry, Chris 80 SE 5 24 29 1 yr. Braham, Rich 58 C C 15 52 52 2 yrs Massey, Chris 55 C 8 21 31 2 yrs Sciullo, Steve 63 LG LG 7 37 37 3 yrs Mileusnic, Ryan 66 RG RG 1 35 69 5 yrs Price, Floyd 64 RG 2 28 46 3 yrs Wade, John 51 RG 12 34 40 3 yrs Leggett, Jonathan 62 LT LT 3 19 31 1 yr. Coady, Jamal 60 RT RT 3 76 84 3 yrs ##Maloney, Daniel 65 RT 1 13 43 3 yrs Shiel, Curtis 61 RT 4 35 36 1 yr. Newsome, Deion 18 P 1 27 35 3 yrs Vanderjagt, Mike 12 K 12 57 63 3 yrs Scott, Darrion 70 LDE LDE 6 57 62 4 yrs Stargell, Warren 78 LDE 4 29 33 1 yr. Bailey, Fred 98 RDE 1 21 50 3 yrs Stills, Gary 71 RDE RDE 10 40 40 3 yrs Thomas, Bart 95 LDT LDT 3 44 64 3 yrs ##Thomason, Howard 79 LDT 3 21 30 1 yr. Voetberg, Allen 90 RDT RDT 2 41 56 3 yrs Browning, John 77 RDT 13 36 36 2 yrs Ferguson, Dusty 50 MLB MLB 1 14 47 4 yrs Dotson, Marvin 93 MLB 5 24 29 1 yr. Davis, James 96 SLB SLB 7 48 48 4 yrs ##Reynolds, Gino 92 SLB 1 17 48 3 yrs Green, Barrett 97 WLB WLB 10 46 48 2 yrs Rutulante, Clifton 53 WLB 2 24 43 3 yrs Ventura, Graham 47 LCB LCB 4 43 43 3 yrs Lucas, Louis 35 LCB 2 16 40 3 yrs Greco, Adrian 33 RCB RCB 2 42 59 4 yrs ##McGregor, Wendell 27 RCB 3 13 31 2 yrs ##Cambini, Vincent 21 RCB 1 13 21 1 yr. Poston, Alonzo 29 SS 1 16 56 3 yrs Logan, Mike 31 SS SS 12 39 45 2 yrs Tanner, Gary 26 SS 4 29 39 1 yr. Benedict, Jay 38 FS FS 4 49 51 3 yrs Strickland, Howie 48 FS 5 25 38 2 yrs $$ - player is in starting lineup, ## - player is inactive. Players Under Contract: 53 Inactive: 7 On Active Roster: 46 Salary Cap: $104,700,000 Cap Room: $21,440,000 Maximum for New Player: $21,730,000 Cap Room Lost (to old contracts): $830,000 Cap Room Lost Next Year (to old contracts): $150,000 Cap Room Required Next Year: $91,350,000

-Anxiety

Old 03-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s take a look at our starters:

QB Marc Bulger – Yep, he’s good.

RB Edgar Guthrie – Hopefully he will be too.

FB Kent Hughes – He’s nothing more or less than ennnhh

TE Anthony Becht – Best of the pack, but not that good or anything.

FL Edwin Pilcher – Really developed well on the field and I’d like to see that continue this year.

SE Jermaine Glassner – Just a body.

C Rich Braham – 15 year veteran who still has game.

LG Steve Sciullo – Led the team in KRB last year, and we hope he can continue to overachieve this year.

RG Ryan Mileusnic – I need to learn how to spell the rookie’s name.

LT Jonathan Leggett – He’ll start for us again this year.

RT Jamal Coady – Let’s actually see some talent this year, okay?

P Damien Newsome – He needs to beat a 37.4 punting yardage average.

K Mike Vanderjagt – Had a down year last year and will need to recover or else I’ll turn to…um…nobody really

LDE Darrion Scott – Can he finally play up to his ability in his FOURTH year in our system

RDE Gary Stills – Gary had a solid year last year. Can he continue, or was it just a flop?

LDT Bart Thomas – I’d like to see him fully develop now that he’s in his third year.

RDT Allen Voetberg – He busted a bit from last year but still is better than he was when drafted. He’ll play again.

MLB Dusty Ferguson – Might as well let the rookie play.

SLB James Davis – He played more to his ability last year and didn’t overachieve. Will that change?

WLB Barrett Green – Will he lead the team in tackles yet again?

LCB Graham Ventura – He’s started a lot, and occasionally gets s good play in there.

RCB Adrian Greco – Really developed from his first year.

SS Mike Logan – The old man is still here, but how much of him has left?

FS Jay Benedict – Prove you are worthy of remaining my starting FS.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:54 PM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We go 1-3 in the preseason.

Schedule:

New Orleans Saints 2009 Regular Season Schedule

Week Opponent Result Attendance Weather
Week 1 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Week 2 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Week 3 CHICAGO BEARS
Week 4 NEW YORK GIANTS
Week 5 at Philadelphia Eagles
Week 6 OPEN
Week 7 at Washington Redskins
Week 8 DALLAS COWBOYS
Week 9 at Carolina Panthers
Week 10 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Week 11 at Atlanta Falcons
Week 12 BUFFALO BILLS
Week 13 at San Francisco 49ers
Week 14 at New Jersey Jets
Week 15 CAROLINA PANTHERS
Week 16 at Miami Dolphins
Week 17 ATLANTA FALCONS

Home Games in ALL CAPS

Season Tickets Sold: 27,400
Stadium Capacity: 72,700

-Anxiety

Old 03-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s head into the season:

Week One – We defeat the Bucs 21-20 in Tampa. Guthrie ran in a score for his first game. Glassner and Pilcher each caught TDs. DT Thomas had 1.5 sacks and a PICK. Rookie MLB Ferguson had a sack and a pick in his debut. DE Scott also had a 1.5 sacks.

Week Two – There are no injuries past probable. We host and lose to the Patriots 20-31. Henry and Sellers caught TD passes. Braham was 3 KRB. It’s a pretty average day for most of our players.

Week Three – Chicago comes in and smacks us around 24-21. It wasn’t that close. FB Kent Hughes got a rushing TD. Becht and Sellers caught TD passes. Adrian Greco broke open this game with THREE picks. Sciullo had three KRB. And Adrian Greco wasn’t one of the players of the week for the NFL.

Week Four – The Giants arrive and smack us around even more. 38-14. Guthrie rushed for a score and Henry caught a second. We allowed Willis McGahee 183 yards on the ground. We allowed his backup 153 yards more on the ground. Two players, each over 150 yards rushing. OUCH. Braham had three KRB and Ventura notched a pick.

-Anxiety

Old 03-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week Five – FB Clay Wright is out for a week or three. We travel to Phily and lose 36-13. Guthrie rushed for a score. He had his first 100+ yard rushing game. Bulger has only 50% completion rate. Louis Lucas had a pick. Jamal Coady had 3 KRB. To be fair, Guthrie had three fumbles.

LCB Graham Ventura is out for the rest of the season. I offer a contract to LCB Will Mattox who has some nice special teams plays. Louis Lucas will start for us.

Week Six – Bye.

Week Seven – FB Wright is back. The Redskins edge us out 38-33. Guthrie rushed for a score. Pilcher caught three other TDs. James Davis and new dimeback Tommy Mattox each got a pick. Davis also led the team in tackles and got a sack. Bulger had a pretty good day with over 300 yards passing and just one pick to his three TDs.

DT Bart Thomas is out for a while with a broken tibia. John Browning will start until his return.

Week Eight – We host the Cowboys and lose 27-20. Duhart caught a D and Guthrie added a run. Coady had 4 KRB. Otherwise, it was a pretty ordinary day (Bulger had another 300+ yards and a pick with his TD)

Week Nine – We travel to and lose to the Panthers 22-30. Pilcher caught two more TD passes and Guthrie added another ground score. Bulger had another 315 passing yards. Glassner had 119 yards receiving and Pilcher had 110 yards.

We are now 1-7 and this season looks lousy.

-Anxiety

Old 03-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week Ten – We host a Bucs and in a stink fest, we emerge victorious 10-6. Chris Henry caught the game’s sole TD. Jay Benedict actually had a pick. Leggett had 4 KRB.

Gary Stills only had two sacks. I’m moving rookie DE Fred Bailey to the starting position. We’re 2-7, might as well play the rookie. I move Daniel Maloney to RT and I’m going to start him.

Week Eleven – We head to Atlanta and assert ourselves 17-14. Becht caught both our passes. Guthrie had his best rushing day with 27 runs for 120 yards. Bulger had 255 yards and no picks. Logan had a pick and LB Green added a pick. Maloney, starting his first game, had three KRB.

SLB James Davis ruptured his Achilles tendon. I IR him. CB Louis Lucas is out for a game, and recent signee Mattox will start. Rookie Gino Reynolds will start at SLB. I also move rookie Poston to the starting SS spot.

Week Twelve – We host the Bills and win 17-13. Pilcher caught an 80 yard TD pass while having 118 yards on three catches. Guthrie added a ground score. Sciullo had a trio of KRB.

Week Thirteen – We travel to San Francisco where our mini winning streak ends 30-7. Our lone score was a Bulger TD pass to FB Kent Hughes. Guthrie was held to 26 yards rushing. Pilcher had 8 grabs for 105 yards. Bulger only had 196 yards on the day and threw a pair of picks. We played very poorly. Bart Thomas will be back next week.

-Anxiety

Old 03-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week Fourteen – We travel to New Jersey and play the Jets. We edge then 24-23. Kent Hughes, Chris Henry and Rob Sellers all caught TD passes. Bulger and another 250+ yard game with 3 TDs and a pick. Adrian Greco got another pick.

Week Fifteen – Carolina arrives and beats us by the same score we won by last week – 24-23. Pilcher and Guthrie caught TD passes. We had them pinned at their 20 and were ahead 23-17 with 1:15 left in the game, and they scored in one play. Bulger was playing like he was dying, and this was his last game. 29 of 37 for 380 yards and 2 TDs – no picks, no sacks, no fumbles. Pilcher caught 116 of those yards. Greco notched yet another pick.

Week Sixteen – DE Darrion Scott is out for the season. Gary Stills is back in the starting lineup. We travel to Miami and lose 17-20. Becht and Glassner caught TD passes. Guthrie was held to 33 yards on the ground. Glassner had 9 catches for 190 yards. CB Greco led the team in tackles with 9 and added another pick.

Week Seventeen – Our final game. We’ll either be 6-10 or 5-11 after this game. We host Atlanta. 5-11 apparently as the Falcons defeat us 27-20. Glassner and Hughes caught TD passes. Pilcher had 155 yards on 6 catches. Guthrie added 74 yards on the ground. Bulger had more than 300 yards again.

Pittsburgh defeats Carolina in the Super Bowl 20-14.

-Anxiety

Old 03-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

League Awards:

Offensive Rookie of the Year: RB Edgar Guthrie
Defensive Rookie of the Year: MLB Dusty Ferguson

All League Second Team Cornerback – LCB Adrian Greco

We got some love! Look at that. We swept the rookie awards. Let’s look at some stats”

Old 03-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

QB Marc Bulger was at 58.1% completion, 4390 yards, 27:16 TD:Int ratio, sacked 37 times, 86.4 QB Ratio, fumbled four times and recovered two of those. Looks pretty good except for the large amount of sacks.

RB Edgar Guthrie had 1114 yards on 312 carries for a 3.57 average (Low). He had 7 rushing TDs. He added a TD and 244 yards in the air. He also fumbled 7 times.

Something neat happened this year in receiving yards, and I wanted to show you:

Code:
Front Office Football 2004 Receiving Statistics Player Pos Team GP GS Targ Ctch Yards Avg YAC Lg TD Pilcher, Edwin WR NOS 16 16 142 76 1256 16.5 240 80 8 Glassner, Jermaine WR NOS 16 14 126 64 1046 16.3 165 60 3 Henry, Chris WR NOS 16 1 69 35 542 15.4 88 46 4 Sellers, Rob WR NOS 16 3 64 40 514 12.8 93 40 3 Becht, Anthony TE NOS 16 15 73 49 493 10.0 91 33 4 Guthrie, Edgar RB NOS 16 16 39 33 244 7.3 118 28 1 Duhart, Derrick WR NOS 16 0 13 4 115 28.7 10 46 1 Hughes, Kent FB NOS 16 11 24 21 103 4.9 74 14 3 Grueneich, Kenny TE NOS 16 4 10 5 69 13.8 9 18 0 Wright, Clay FB NOS 15 0 12 8 24 3.0 12 6 0

That’s right, we had two players with over 1000+ yards. Pilcher continued to improve with over 1250 yards and 8 TDs. That was 6th in yards and tied for 8th in TDs. That’s very respectable numbers. Glassner dropped in the TD column from last year’s 7 but grabbed over 1000 yards himself. You show promise Mr. Glassner. Henry and Sellers the Bust each had over 500 yards while Becht was right there with them. This year, six players caught three or more TDs, which shows that Bulger really likes the spread out the ball (TE, FB, and four of the five receivers) .

P Deion Newsome beat Chris Henry’s average last year with a 38.2 yards per punt average. Let’s see if he can improve this next year.

K Mike Vanderjagt made all his Pats but had less FGs this year. He was 18 of 24.