Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

FOFC Blood Bowl Dungeon Bowl Qualifiers

This is the thread for FOFC's Blood Bowl League's first tourney, the Dungeon Bowl Qualifiers. It's open round robin, so teams play each other once.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #2
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

It's a bit short on content, sir.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That's because this is going to be posted in mostly by all the coaches who are playing in this first season
Old 03-01-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have three teams in this league. Let's go over them:

Anxiety's Armorers:

My first team is a Chaos Dwarf team. I took this team because I really like the Bull Centaur. I think it may be one of the strongest normal pieces (by normal, I mean outside of Big Guys, Star Players, developed players, etc). I grabbed a pair of Bull Centaurs, then a quartet of Chaos Dwarves before rounding out my roster with cheap Hobgoblins.

Anxiety's Antagonists:

I wanted to try out a different sort of team. The things that attracted me to this team were the Werewolves and Flesh Golems. I liked seeing this pair of nasty creatures. Wights and Ghouls both have nice abilities and you have generic Zombies to round out the roster. That's a lot of adaptability on the team. I grabbed a pair of wolves, a golem, a pair of wights, and rounded out my roster with Zombies. I'll look to upgrade to another golem and maybe add a ghoul or two to the roster. As a Necromancer, I can raise dead any opposing human-like characters that I kill, animating them as a Zombie. I believe that the Undead army can do this as well. However, I like my units better than the Undead army's units - specifically the wolves and golems as opposed to the mummies of the Undead.

Anxiety's Annihilators:

My last team was a late entrant. I wanted to get in a practice game or three, so I created a quick Lizardman team, but I didn't like the overspecializtion of the pieces nor the fragility of the Skinks nor the fact tha I lost my first game so badly that one of my Skinks died and I had no money to replace him. I built a second practice team with Dark Elves and just grabbed nine linemen and a pair of blitzers. Although I lost and tied my two games with the Elves, I still really liked that they all had a four agility, allowing all of my players to more easily catch, throw, recieve hand offs, pick up the ball, etc. I decided to go ahead and make a third league team with the Dark Elves. I used the exact same configuration as my other team and used most of the same names for my players.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, the Bull Centaur is considered a psuedo-BG, not sure if you're allowed 1 or two.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

My Teams:

Cheese Cheese Rat Rat: I expect them to win their first few games, but Skaven Fragility may tell, I think I'll have to rely on my gutter runners for a lot of my offense.

Elfheim East: Again, elves are pricey, but they can do just about everything right. Being able to pick up block/dodge as first two skills means they are VERY hard to knock down, so glad there are no Dwarf Teams in this league

Dwarf Devestators: Well, except for this one (edit: And Airhogs) Dwarves play a brutal game, but hopefully we can stay competitive.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-01-2006 at 04:25 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I forgot that I had a Minotaur on my CD team as well as the Bull Centarurs, Dwarves and Hobgoblins. A Minotaur is a big guy, for those who don't know. They are large, powerful, and of varying degrees of stupid.

-Anxiety

Old 03-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I played my first match against Bonegavel's Orc team with my Necro team. Although I did well and scored 3 TDs, one of my wolves was injured and will miss the next game. I used my winnings to buy another Zombie so that I can field 11 players in the next match.

-Anxiety

Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Night 1 results:

Format: Team 1 (Badly Hurt Caused/Seriously Injured Caused/Kills) - Team 2 (Badly Hurt Caused/SI Caused/Kills)

Purple Cows 4 (1/1/0) Beat Nub Tumblers 0 (2/1/0)
Anxiety's Antagonists 2 (1/0/1) Beat Purple Cows 1 (1/0/0)
Anxiety's Antagonists 3 (2/2/0) Beat Scrubba Dubbas 0 (1/0/0)
Elfheim East 2 DREW (0/1/1) with Dogslayers 2 (0/0/0)

I think Anxiety's Antagonists will need to wait for someother teams to catch them, they are the strongest team at TR127, and their player Claw (a werewolf) is tonight's player of the night, 2 casualties and two scores for 10 SPP.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anxiety's Antagonists are up to fourteen players. I nabbed that extra Zombie for the second game so I could field 11 players despite an injury to my werewolf, Fang. During the game, I killed a High Elf blocker and raised it as a Zombie. After the game, I bought a Ghoul to add to my roster. Ghouls only have 7 armor, which makes them fragile, and therefore I didn't start with any, but they have the all important Dodge, so I wanted to pick one up to add to my speed (they move seven spaces which is more than some elves) with a nice ability.

One of the weaknesses of my team is that I cannot buy an apothecary. What that means is that I can never save a character from a casualty. Now, my Zomies, Wights, and Flesh Golems have an ability called Regenerate that will save them from a casulty have the time it is inflicted. However, my wolvies and ghoulies have no such ability.

-Anxiety

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-02-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Night 2 Results

Again, Format: Team 1 (Badly Hurt Caused/Seriously Injured Caused/Kills) - Team 2 (Badly Hurt Caused/SI Caused/Kills)

Transcendant 1 (2/0/1) defeated Cheese Cheese Rat Rat 0 (1/0/0)
DogSlayers 3 (0/1/0) beat Serpents Tounge 0 (1/0/2)
Dwarf Devestators 2 (1/0/1) beat Waste Ravagers 0 (0/1/0)

Player of the Night: Yes, I'm Biased, but it is a split award Hint Dempser had 25 squares rushing, two TD's and was the MVP of the Dwarf Devestators 2-0 win over the Ravagers. He shares the honor tonight with Ber of the beaten up DogSlayers, who had 15 squares rushing and Two TD's of his own.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:25 PM   #12
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Probably ought to introduce my teams:

Purple Cows: High Elves. Picked because they're a good passing team but most of their players can actually take a hit or two (unlike, say, Skaven). If the team can hold out til I buy an apothecary, it should be in business.

Dogslayers: Dark Elves. Picked because, again, I like playing fast & agile teams that don't fall over when you breathe on them. Unfortunately, this lot seem to have some defective armour - three dead in two games? I started out with a team mostly composed of linemen, and it's starting to look like I may never be able to add any more skill players.

Transcendent: Undead. Because sometimes, you just feel like hitting people. They're good at that, especially now that I've bought them a second mummy. Starting the team out, I was careful to get a lot of players who could handle the ball (ie ghouls and wights); now I'm filling in the brawlers.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #13
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Do you guys have a group or something? I'd be interested in checking out how things flow...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #14
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19
Do you guys have a group or something? I'd be interested in checking out how things flow...

There's a page here.

The two scariest teams so far have been my Undead and Anxiety's Necromantic bunch, both of whom have won all three of their opening games.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote