Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

I <3 the FM 2008 Interface

I've been one of the most vocal and angry critics of the SI interfaces through the years.

I blasted it in the FM iterations I've played and I raked the EHM interface over the coals too. Hated the SI OOTP interface, too.

But FM 2008 gets it right.

It's bright, it's clean... and, I think most importantly, it has an icon toolbar across the top of the page!

It's positively FOF-like and it's made things, much, -much- easer to navigate. I'm giddy about it!

So congratulations, SI. You've created a game I can love the look and feel of.

Oh, in terms of gameplay, I took Burscough in the demo because I liked their logo the best.

I brought in several players, one a great GK for lower Conference on a transfer, the rest on expired contracts.

We got our asses handed to us repeatedly in the friendly season, including a 3-2 beatdown at the hands of our frigging feeder team! (That match, by the way, also included two red cards on my side after the 3-2 scoreline).

So I'm thinking I'm not going to be carrying this over into the full version, even if we can transfer saves over, but I decide to press on to the regular season away.

First league game: 3-0 pummeling.... with Burscough the victors!

All of my first team were finally on the field together, one of them a youth player from my U-18 team who I'd become impressed with during the friendlies.

One of my new signings hit a beautiful shot for a goal in his debut and played fantastically. I was asked afterwards what I thought of him and since I was so jubiliant about the win after losing every friendly that I sang his praises.

Went to his player card afterward and saw the following:

"Is determined to reward the faith shown in him by the manager's positive comments."

So yeah, the fans right now are leery of me because of how rotten we were in the friendlies, but there's hope on the horizon.

We're expected to finish midtable.

Oh, there's a lot of things I love about FM 2008. The tournament expectations, the vastly increased feedback on just about everything, etc.

If I went on and on about the things I love from the demo, I'd be here all day.

Top notch, all the way!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Glad you're enjoying it.

(oh and while the demo installer sucks to a certain extent I checked and you should be able to copy the installed folder pretty much anywhere without a problem - ie. if you want it on a D drive, install to C and do a manual copy across)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote