Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What will the results be of the mid terms?
Red Wave- take control of both house and senate 23 50.00%
Blue Wave-keep control of both house and senate 4 8.70%
Split- Dems keep senate, lose house 19 41.30%
Split- Dems lose senate, take house 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2022, 11:39 PM   #201
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Boebert in some trouble. Darn.

Still seeing a lot of the projections showing her winning and maybe the numbers not correct on % reporting at NBC.

It does seem a lot of people turned on her after her husband killed their neighbor's dog. The fact she is married to a pedophile was not an issue.

Last edited by RainMaker : 11-08-2022 at 11:44 PM.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 11:45 PM   #202
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yeah the needle still has her favored to win, but it's close.

Warnock just took the lead again, but probably not enough left for him to get to 50.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 11:52 PM   #203
Swaggs
Coordinator

NBC calls PA for Fetterman!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 11:54 PM   #204
larrymcg421
Head Coach

So Dems just need either GA or NV.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:09 AM   #205
Swaggs
Coordinator

Looking like a nice set of swing state dem governors possibly winning. PA, MN, MI already called and AZ and WI look promising. NV less so and obviously GA went with Kemp (who showed spine in ‘20 against Trump’s shenanigans), but I see this as important safeguard news for election integrity in 2024, which is huge.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:10 AM   #206
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Doesn't tonight ensure that there will be a (very bloody) primary between DeSantis and Trump? DeSantis has got to see tonight as a big sign that this is his moment.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:14 AM   #207
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I wonder if anyone is going to do an in-depth analysis of COVID deaths and relate them to specific counties/states by R/D. I know the general consensus is a net loss of Rs across the country but I wonder how many of them might have translated into some congressional losses.

That would be interesting
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:14 AM   #208
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Doesn't tonight ensure that there will be a (very bloody) primary between DeSantis and Trump? DeSantis has got to see tonight as a big sign that this is his moment.

I very much hope so
Old 11-09-2022, 04:06 AM   #209
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Just out of curiosity, why do you hope so? Do you think there's more negatives that will be revealed about Trump from that will make people vote against him, beyond what we already know? How do you get worse from this point?
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 04:30 AM   #210
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you hope so? Do you think there's more negatives that will be revealed about Trump from that will make people vote against him, beyond what we already know? How do you get worse from this point?

Oh, I think he gets a little bit worse every day. Since he can't say all 30-40 races that the Republicans probably could have won if not for his antics (endorsing crazier candidates, behaving like a me-first jerk during all those "rallies") were all "stolen", he's going to lose a few marbles while the party starts whispering that maybe there's finally some light out there away from his shadow.

There's one thing Trump hates more than losing. It's not being important, not being the king-maker.

The problem is that the primaries still reward that behavior. He could end up pulling a Mondale in 2024 the way he's going.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 05:11 AM   #211
Edward64
Head Coach

Darn, not much has changed since going to bed last night.

Have to google on why a GA run-off takes another month. You'd think 2 weeks is sufficient. Looking forward to Warnock/Walker ads. Hope they come up with some new ones.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:17 AM   #212
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

It's actually a faster run-off than they had last time.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 05:19 AM   #213
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

No, wasn't thinking about more negatives against Trump. And if more did come up, who cares ... we all know it won't make a real difference to his 38-42%.

I see DeSantis as being a viable alternative to Trump for many Republicans (and Independents). He is the only contender that I see (right now) who wants & has a reason to challenge Trump, and has strong enough of an important base (e.g. State of FL).

So the battle between them will inevitably weaken Trump and that is good. It will be good to have a relatively normal GOP candidate.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-09-2022 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:53 AM   #214
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
The problem is that the primaries still reward that behavior. He could end up pulling a Mondale in 2024 the way he's going.
From your lips to God's ear.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 05:55 AM   #215
GrantDawg

Quote:
It's actually a faster run-off than they had last time.
I'm glad they vut the time down. I still wish we did away with the run-off system and went to ranked-choice.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:57 AM   #216
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I am a little fuzzy still, but Kelly likely wins Az. setting up a Walker-Warnock runoff for the Senate. No?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:03 AM   #217
Edward64
Head Coach

According to CNN, only 67% counted so far in Arizona. I think way still too early to call.

But yeah, it looks like it may come down to a (questionable) wife abuser vs (I did it, but I was sick then) wife/woman abuser.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-09-2022 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:07 AM   #218
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You realize the police found absolutely zero evidence he touched his wife?
Old 11-09-2022, 06:08 AM   #219
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So I am a little fuzzy still, but Kelly likely wins Az. setting up a Walker-Warnock runoff for the Senate. No?

It looks like Kelly will likely win AZ (but the count will take several more days) and Johnson will likely win WI (small, but unlikely chance that outstanding Milwaukee and mail ins could push Barnes ahead). That would leave NV and GA as options for the Dems to get to 50 (and 51). NV is going to take days and seems like a true toss up. Alaska will go for one of the two GOPers, but won’t be called for another week or two because it is close and they have ranked choice.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:12 AM   #220
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
You realize the police found absolutely zero evidence he touched his wife?

Yes. But that ad of his wife crying is compelling.

I've read the Politifact stuff. I would have liked to read more interviews/research on wife to determine if she was really weirded out (or bought off).

EDIT: this is pretty much the video https://twitter.com/34n22pac/status/...526017?lang=en

There is definitely, by far, more smoke from the Walker camp. But this ad is troubling. I've not seen any additional research (from either side) doing more confirming or denying, or on her credibility or lack of.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-09-2022 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:32 AM   #221
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You have to think a run off favors Warnock. This election has shown the stink of Trump is a negative. He likely won't be able to help himself from getting involved and announcing a presidential run, which will turn this race into a referendum on Trump. Also a month more for Walker to show how stupid he is to Georgia voters. You also have to think there was a least a portion of Kemp voters who ticked off Walkers name and those people will stay home thins time.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:33 AM   #222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- If Kari Lake loses I will run around my yard in my underwear. That woman is pure evil.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:35 AM   #223
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

double dola- I think after last night DeSantis may make a run at it.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:36 AM   #224
Edward64
Head Coach

I agree that a run-off would favor Warnock vs Walker/Trump.

I'm not sure that holds true if it was a Walker supported by Kemp. I think Kemp has publicly said he supports Walker but my guess (and hope) that he really doesn't. But a 51 GOP majority may be very compelling to him.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:38 AM   #225
HerRealName
College Prospect

After seeing DeSantis debate Crist, if he gets on stage with Trump he's seriously jeopardizing his political career.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:45 AM   #226
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

I'm not sure that holds true if it was a Walker supported by Kemp. I think Kemp has publicly said he supports Walker but my guess (and hope) that he really doesn't. But a 51 GOP majority may be very compelling to him.

I dont think it was about support, more about Kemp voters being in the booth and just ticking off a republican straight ticket. I suspect some of those people stay home because they may have been voting to support Kemp, or an anti Abrams vote, but don't necessarily support Walker.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:47 AM   #227
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I do not envy Georgians right now. Your lives are going to be hell with all the political ads coming your way for the runoff.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:48 AM   #228
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
dola- If Kari Lake loses I will run around my yard in my underwear. That woman is pure evil.

She's actually still favored to win, which is unbelievable.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-09-2022 at 07:23 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:51 AM   #229
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

After J6 and the GOP's refusal to break with Trump, this should have been a D+15 election.

But considering the historical backlash against the President's party in the mid-terms and the fact that the mainstream news has been nothing but people staring at the camera saying "inflation, inflation, inflation, inflation" over and over again while scary music plays in the background, this is a pretty good result for Dems overall.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 06:53 AM   #230
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
She's actually still favored to whin, which is unbelievable.

Win or whine?
Old 11-09-2022, 06:53 AM   #231
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:02 AM   #232
GrantDawg

Quote:
I dont think it was about support, more about Kemp voters being in the booth and just ticking off a republican straight ticket. I suspect some of those people stay home because they may have been voting to support Kemp, or an anti Abrams vote, but don't necessarily support Walker.
I think you are underestimating the number of Republican leaning people who didn't vote for Walker last night, but will in a runoff with Senate control in the balance. Some people thought they didn't need to vote for Walker with a "Red Wave" coming, but now will to to keep the Dems from controlling the Senate. I really don't think a runoff is a shoe-in at all.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-09-2022 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:36 AM   #233
bhlloy
Coordinator

Plus the hijinks that will go on with the Senate on the line and this being the only game in town… I’d be far more pessimistic about Warnock’s chances in a runoff personally. There’s plenty of reasons to see more R’s backing Walker, I can’t see the enthusiasm gap for D’s being close to the same.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:41 AM   #234
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Plus the hijinks that will go on with the Senate on the line and this being the only game in town… I’d be far more pessimistic about Warnock’s chances in a runoff personally. There’s plenty of reasons to see more R’s backing Walker, I can’t see the enthusiasm gap for D’s being close to the same.

I don't know about that. The ads start flowing about a national abortion ban and young voters will turn out.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:47 AM   #235
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.

Hell we can start a thread for this if it happens, I'm doing too!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:52 AM   #236
henry296
College Starter

I would expect the 2% who vote Libertarian to lean R in the runoff as well. If everyone shows up again with just 2 choices, I think Walker wins. Turnout will be the big factor.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:55 AM   #237
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know about that. The ads start flowing about a national abortion ban and young voters will turn out.

See, I think the Dems have already hit their ceiling here. We will see.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #238
Butter
Coordinator

I think Cortez Masto is still going to win NV.

Dems win NV and AZ and GA is just to get to 51. Still nice, as it would keep fucking WV guy whose name escapes me from holding everything hostage
Old 11-09-2022, 08:44 AM   #239
Butter
Coordinator

Most outstanding votes in NV are early vote from Clark and Washoe and should favor Dem. She only needs to make up about 25k votes
Old 11-09-2022, 08:45 AM   #240
miked
College Starter

Quote:

A few weeks ago Walker was polling 5-10 points behind and has been nothing but terrible. People don't care about him lying about how many kids he has, how many abortions he's paid for, who he has beaten. I mean, if he can still get 49% of the vote being a wife beating, baby making, low IQ idiot, why can't he win the runoff. It's really a sad state.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:17 AM   #241
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think it is pretty hard to predict how a GA runoff may play out. The two big variables that I see is that there won't be Kemp or Abrams at the top of the ticket (who does that help/hurt more?) and what kind of effect does Trump declaring his candidacy for 2024 have on the race? Apparently, Trump had to be talked out of announcing last week (was told that the announcement would be overshadowed by the elections).

With Trump potentially facing charges, probably wanting to change the 'loser' narrative, and wanting to get out ahead of Desantis (who, I assume will not announce anything for awhile and will just enjoy his recent successes), I can't imagine that he doesn't declare before the runoff. That could energize either side.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:47 AM   #242
Swaggs
Coordinator

A few notes that I just read.

Walker underperformed the other Republicans that ran in statewide elections and was one of just 2 of the 9 finished/will finish under 2-million votes. There was a IND Libertarian that currently has 2.1% but, per his wikipedia, he is a former democrat and this is his entry at the top:

Quote:
He is anti-police and openly gay.[2][3][4] He said he supports "ending cash bail," "closing most overseas bases," and "open borders." He has argued that he's "more progressive on criminal justice" than Vice President Kamala Harris, described defense spending as "corporate welfare with explosions that kill innocent people," and said he wants "free and easy immigration."

So, I doubt he was pulling a whole lot of conservatives. Maybe those voters don't turn out for a runoff, but the ones that do seem like they would be more liberal on the spectrum.

Last edited by Swaggs : 11-09-2022 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:53 AM   #243
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I suspect there's enough voters in Georgia that when you're choice is between two black men instead of championing a white man to put a black woman in her place, you might as well just stay in your racist and/or sexist home and watch some more Fox News.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:55 AM   #244
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

But will they be patriotic undies?

SI

Old 11-09-2022, 09:58 AM   #245
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
People don't care about him lying about how many kids he has, how many abortions he's paid for, who he has beaten. I mean, if he can still get 49% of the vote being a wife beating, baby making, low IQ idiot, why can't he win the runoff. It's really a sad state.

We don't agree on much politically but I generally agree with you here. I do think Warnock has good odds to win in a run-off, but it will be close (e.g. 51-49).

I'm guessing the Libertarians will be more inclined to vote Democrat. I'm thinking the younger generation will really come out if control of the Senate is on the line. (I've been watching CNN this morning and reading online, I still haven't seen anything on % voted. I wouldn't be surprised if the younger vote was lower on 11/8 and hence more of an upside for the run-off)

FWIW, GA GOP has shown they do not follow Trump blindly. That's some comfort.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:03 AM   #246
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

The Senate might not be on the line if Dems win NV and AZ.

Plus, Warnock and the Dems have now proven they can win a runoff in GA, even when the Senate is on the line.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:06 AM   #247
Edward64
Head Coach

I've not heard any crap on elections being stolen so far other than Kari Lake in AZ.

No one that has lost is contesting anything, right? I'll take that as good news.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:13 AM   #248
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I've not heard any crap on elections being stolen so far other than Kari Lake in AZ.

No one that has lost is contesting anything, right? I'll take that as good news.

and there have been some gracious concessions. So that's a plus.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:18 AM   #249
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

In a local story, Lina Hidalgo was just declared the winner over Alex Mealer for Harris County judge by a narrow margin. Why this matters? The GOP dumped nearly $9M into this race in the last 6 months compared to $3M for the Dems. Because of the structure of counties in state government in Texas, the county judge has a ton of power with regards to how things are run in the county so she's been instrumental in keeping in place mask mandates and allowing open voting across the county (which is where Houston is and has almost 5 million people), unlike much of the state. In short, these are the type of races that can make little blue enclaves in red states (or vice versa) and the GOP targeted it hard, only to come up just short.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-09-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:22 AM   #250
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

As of late last night Mastriano wasn't conceding but I don't see any updates as to whether he gave in this morning. If he did I don't think it's public knowledge yet.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote