Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #1401
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Vote tally through post 1400:

(7) Alan T: Passacaglia (1253), Racer (1254), Kwhit (1277), Telle (1306), Render (1326), Axxon (1354), Mrs. Schmidty (1396)

(4) Telle: Alan T(1269), PurdueBrad (1291), Henry (1330), Oliegirl (1334)
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #1402
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

At the center of the campus, stands the historic, three story Orne Library. ......even more interesting is the mysterious Vault in the bowels of the building. .....forbidden books of ancient knowledge, dark grimoires of twisted rituals.... There is even the belief that the Vault may harbor the last existing copy of a tome so vile that it is said to have the power to bring back the dead to an “unlife” of servitude to the invoker. Worse yet, the tome may hold an even greater power – the power to rouse beings that a sane person could never fathom, nor would ever want to. That tome is called the Necronomicon

For reference
Old 06-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #1403
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
In Schmidy's very first post explaining the story he said that the Necronomicon was kept in the Libray Vault. In my reveal I said that EF pulled a book from Telle's bag, open it and recited an incantation that rezed her from the dead. I thought it was obvious (no disrespect meant) that the book was the Necronomicon.

When it was asked how her job at the library might benefit her I thought I would point out that's how she got the book.

No offense Mrs S, but that seems like quite a stretch to me. We have no reason thus far to believe that Telle was in the library vault (unless I missed something). It might be true, but considering there has been no discussion or hints given that this book was the Necronomicon, to make that statement like you did and then give a reason like "I thought it was obvious", well it's pinging my wolfdar pretty hard.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #1404
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
No offense Mrs S, but that seems like quite a stretch to me. We have no reason thus far to believe that Telle was in the library vault (unless I missed something). It might be true, but considering there has been no discussion or hints given that this book was the Necronomicon, to make that statement like you did and then give a reason like "I thought it was obvious", well it's pinging my wolfdar pretty hard.

LOL that's funny to me.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #1405
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
LOL that's funny to me.

I just think you need to really think things through before you post them, you are saying things which very well may be true, but the way you are saying them and assuming that everyone is following along with your train of thought, is, at least in my opinion, making you look suspicious. The "I LIVE" comment from day 1 combined with this is what's doing it for me. That's all I'm saying...
Old 06-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #1406
path12
Coordinator

I have to say that I figured that any book mentioned was the Necromicon, so my wolfdar isn't quite as pinged.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #1407
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I have to say that I figured that any book mentioned was the Necromicon, so my wolfdar isn't quite as pinged.

But then Telle wouldn't be the Librarian, she would be The Bearer of the Necronomican, right? Maybe I'm over simplifying, but I don't like to assume anything in ww.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #1408
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
But then Telle wouldn't be the Librarian, she would be The Bearer of the Necronomican, right? Maybe I'm over simplifying, but I don't like to assume anything in ww.

I don't see anywhere in Schmidty's post about a Librarian.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #1409
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Telle had a book, EF killed her and used the book to res her. According to Telle she had a part time job in the library which gave her knowledge of the building's layout, which gave her access to the Necronomicon. The Necronomicon is believed to be albe to res people and make them servants to those that res them, therefore converting them. Again, I thought it was obvious that's why I didn't draw it out.
As far as the "I live" statement, I don't regret saying it in the least. It showed me just how intensely EVERYTHING is analyzed. I'm still happy that as of today, "I live!"
Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #1410
Passacaglia
Coordinator

If Telle is the Bearer of the Necronomicon, we need to lynch her now, people. Trust me on this one.

UNVOTE ALAN T
VOTE TELLE
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #1411
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
If Telle is the Bearer of the Necronomicon, we need to lynch her now, people. Trust me on this one.

UNVOTE ALAN T
VOTE TELLE

Oh suuuuure... I've been saying for 9 hours this but now we have to trust you??? What about trust ME???

Everyone just assumes that I am up to no good, all I am trying to do is help you out here.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #1412
path12
Coordinator

I would love it if someone scanned Pass. Sooner rather than later. I'd like to know whether I should trust him or not.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #1413
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am with the group that says we should go after the known wolf.

vote telle

And my major is criminal justice... which was not listed in that previous posts of majors.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #1414
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I would love it if someone scanned Pass. Sooner rather than later. I'd like to know whether I should trust him or not.

I trust him
Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #1415
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I trust him

Me too. Seriously, there's no need to scan me. Racer, if you feel like I'm the best option, just tell everyone I'm a wolf, and save your scan on someone else.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #1416
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Me too. Seriously, there's no need to scan me. Racer, if you feel like I'm the best option, just tell everyone I'm a wolf, and save your scan on someone else.

Looks like after we lynch Telle today, you all will be going after Pass tommorrow.

Let me tell you here and now that you wouldn't be voting for a wolf!

Just trying to help save scans for more useful targets. So in otherwords, I agree with Pass, no reason to scan him at all.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #1417
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Updated count through post 1415 (also includes Chief's vote that was not before included)

7 Alan T: Chief Rum (1233), Racer (1254), Kwhit (1277), Telle (1306), Render (1326), Axxon (1354), Mrs. Schmidty (1396)

6 Telle: Alan T(1269), PurdueBrad (1291), Henry (1330), Oliegirl (1334), Passacaglia (1410), LoneStarGirl (1413)
Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #1418
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
In Schmidy's very first post explaining the story he said that the Necronomicon was kept in the Libray Vault. In my reveal I said that EF pulled a book from Telle's bag, open it and recited an incantation that rezed her from the dead. I thought it was obvious (no disrespect meant) that the book was the Necronomicon.

When it was asked how her job at the library might benefit her I thought I would point out that's how she got the book.

It was not obvious to anyone no familiar with the genre (or that hasn't really re-read the intro page since day 1)

Quote:
LOL that's funny to me.

But its true, as you play more you'll find that generalizing your posts instead of being very explicit with them will lead to a lot of suspicion.

Quote:
Telle had a book, EF killed her and used the book to res her. According to Telle she had a part time job in the library which gave her knowledge of the building's layout, which gave her access to the Necronomicon. The Necronomicon is believed to be albe to res people and make them servants to those that res them, therefore converting them. Again, I thought it was obvious that's why I didn't draw it out.
As far as the "I live" statement, I don't regret saying it in the least. It showed me just how intensely EVERYTHING is analyzed. I'm still happy that as of today, "I live!"

A- you can't actually KNOW she had the book or that she had access to the necronomican.

B- If somehow you did specifically know these theings then you should have been much more specific about it when you revealed. I enjoyed your little story but glossing over plot points for the sake of prose doesn't help us here.

Thank you for clarifying what you meant.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #1419
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Looks like after we lynch Telle today, you all will be going after Pass tommorrow.

Let me tell you here and now that you wouldn't be voting for a wolf!

Just trying to help save scans for more useful targets. So in otherwords, I agree with Pass, no reason to scan him at all.

I'm just trying to leave it up to Racer. I'm asking him not to scan me, so he can use the scan on someone else. I realize that makes me look suspicious (I'm not a newbie here), and I'm fine with that. But I don't want to force Racer's hand. If he feels like I'm the best option, then I'd still rather he just gets me lynched, and uses the scan to find out about someone else.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #1420
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm just trying to leave it up to Racer. I'm asking him not to scan me, so he can use the scan on someone else. I realize that makes me look suspicious (I'm not a newbie here), and I'm fine with that. But I don't want to force Racer's hand. If he feels like I'm the best option, then I'd still rather he just gets me lynched, and uses the scan to find out about someone else.

Works for me, but like I said you're in my COT.. Hopefully everyone else will see our logic here too.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #1421
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Updated count through post 1415 (also includes Chief's vote that was not before included)

7 Alan T: Chief Rum (1233), Racer (1254), Kwhit (1277), Telle (1306), Render (1326), Axxon (1354), Mrs. Schmidty (1396)

6 Telle: Alan T(1269), PurdueBrad (1291), Henry (1330), Oliegirl (1334), Passacaglia (1410), LoneStarGirl (1413)

Thanks for the updated vote count. Seriously, if the Necronomicon was in Telle's bag, we need to lynch her TONIGHT.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #1422
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Works for me, but like I said you're in my COT.. Hopefully everyone else will see our logic here too.

I think people will at least realize that I must have a good reason to be acting like this, despite your efforts to hurt m by siding with me!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #1423
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
I don't see anywhere in Schmidty's post about a Librarian.

In post #1394 where you answered for Telle, someone (don't remember without going back and looking again) asked if Telle's part time job at the library had any bearing on the game. To me, someone who works at a library is a librarian.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #1424
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I am with the group that says we should go after the known wolf.

vote telle

And my major is criminal justice... which was not listed in that previous posts of majors.

Both Telle and Alan T are known wolves. I will repeat this again for everyone to read. HOOPSGUY AND I CAN ONLY SCAN TO TELL WHETHER OR NOT A PLAYER IS A WOLF! If a player is not a wolf or a student, that player will scan as a villager. That means if anyone has alternate victory conditions, it would be Render.

Alan T is definitely a wolf.
Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #1425
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think people will at least realize that I must have a good reason to be acting like this, despite your efforts to hurt m by siding with me!

Why would I want to hurt you? If it makes you feel any better my win condition doesn't have anything to do with killing you off!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #1426
Racer
College Benchwarmer

The most important thing again today is to make sure that the wolves can't force a tie so I'm willing to lynch either one as long as we lynch the other one tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #1427
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
In post #1394 where you answered for Telle, someone (don't remember without going back and looking again) asked if Telle's part time job at the library had any bearing on the game. To me, someone who works at a library is a librarian.

Thanks for making me look at post 1394 again, olie. I noticed that Mrs. Schmidty said she had ACCESS to the vault. She might not be the Bearer of the Necronomicon after all. I'd rather lynch her now just to be safe, but the fact that there's more doubt in my mind make me less frantic about it. Still, let's lynch Telle just to be safe -- again, trust me on this.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #1428
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Both Telle and Alan T are known wolves. I will repeat this again for everyone to read. HOOPSGUY AND I CAN ONLY SCAN TO TELL WHETHER OR NOT A PLAYER IS A WOLF! If a player is not a wolf or a student, that player will scan as a villager. That means if anyone has alternate victory conditions, it would be Render.

Alan T is definitely a wolf.

Don't throw poor Render under the bus, he doesn't have any alternate victory conditions. he is just a student. I am pretty sure the word wolf was not in your PM about me at all anywheres! You saw the same image I did when you tried to scan me, and I may be all scary and all, but that still doesn't make me a wolf.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #1429
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks for the updated vote count. Seriously, if the Necronomicon was in Telle's bag, we need to lynch her TONIGHT.

You're forgetting the point that telle no longer has the book since EF ok it from her. WE lynched EF, where is the book now?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #1430
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Why would I want to hurt you? If it makes you feel any better my win condition doesn't have anything to do with killing you off!

In a shocking event, I actually believe that. You might not be TRYING to tell the truth, but hey.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #1431
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
You're forgetting the point that telle no longer has the book since EF ok it from her. WE lynched EF, where is the book now?

I'm not sure about that. If Telle is on the wolves side, they might just let her keep the Nec -- the Nark -- the Nac -- the book.

By the way, you were one of the people who didn't want to reveal a major, right?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #1432
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Telle has it back... which his why I personally need you to lynch Telle today. If you don't want to do it for the villagers, do it for me!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #1433
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In a shocking event, I actually believe that. You might not be TRYING to tell the truth, but hey.

There is a subtle difference between me not telling everything and me lying! I'm not really lying about a whole lot today, but obviously keeping some things from you.

If I revealed everything either you all would lynch me for sure, or the wolves would night kill me. I have to guess the wolves care more about Racer and Mrs.Schmidty than me though, so I would live at least 2 more nights.. I'll only live at most 1 more day though unless you all find some other wolf to lynch instead of me
Old 06-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #1434
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
There is a subtle difference between me not telling everything and me lying! I'm not really lying about a whole lot today, but obviously keeping some things from you.

If I revealed everything either you all would lynch me for sure, or the wolves would night kill me. I have to guess the wolves care more about Racer and Mrs.Schmidty than me though, so I would live at least 2 more nights.. I'll only live at most 1 more day though unless you all find some other wolf to lynch instead of me

Do you have a chance of meeting your win condition in 1 day? If not, you might as well give up.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #1435
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
It was not obvious to anyone no familiar with the genre (or that hasn't really re-read the intro page since day 1)

But its true, as you play more you'll find that generalizing your posts instead of being very explicit with them will lead to a lot of suspicion.

A- you can't actually KNOW she had the book or that she had access to the necronomican.

B- If somehow you did specifically know these theings then you should have been much more specific about it when you revealed. I enjoyed your little story but glossing over plot points for the sake of prose doesn't help us here.

Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

I did not, do not know anything more than anyone else. My only exposure to lovecraft is hearing his name mentioned. I've never read, or seen his work before so I do not have any kind of advantage over anyone else. Honestly, I only read the initial post once, but I have a vivid imagination and pictured the library, vault and necronomicon in my head from day one. Just how my brain works.

I don't know how else to explain myself nor do I really think I need to. I see this, saw this, as more of a role playing game and not such a cut-throat analytical game. I thought there would be more clues given from the story teller, not just basing almost everything on what "he-said, she-said." I enjoy logic puzzles in RL for goodness sake and don't like to make assumptions that aren't based on hard evidence and am not used to having to spell things out.

As I said, I'll try to be more clear in the future. I feel like I'm being accused of cheating and not quite sure how to take that.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #1436
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you have a chance of meeting your win condition in 1 day? If not, you might as well give up.

No, it is looking pretty grim for me right now.

(That is yet another truth I have told today by the way)
Old 06-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #1437
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Racer, you're in the thread, and have a vote on Alan. I've already asked you for a lot of trust, and I'm going to ask for some more. Please put your vote on Telle.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #1438
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Telle has it back... which his why I personally need you to lynch Telle today. If you don't want to do it for the villagers, do it for me!

I know EF took the book, but don't know that he gave it back to her....maybe he gave it to you...From what we know of the Nec when it's used to rez someone, they are then a servant. Would they give the book to a servant?
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #1439
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know EF took the book, but don't know that he gave it back to her....maybe he gave it to you...From what we know of the Nec when it's used to rez someone, they are then a servant. Would they give the book to a servant?

I wish they would give it to me. Unfortunately for me they found Telle before I did... which is why it would be nice if she could die.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #1440
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

K, thought you meant the Librarian as a role seperate from the Bearer of the Nec. I see no evidence that someone can't be "both" when one isn't a set role.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #1441
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Racer, you're in the thread, and have a vote on Alan. I've already asked you for a lot of trust, and I'm going to ask for some more. Please put your vote on Telle.

What's the vote at? I don't care all that much who we lynch today as long as we lynch the other one. The main thing I want to do is avoid a tie tonight.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #1442
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Mrs S, I'm not trying to say you are a wolf...I'm just saying that by answering for Telle, and by saying something, then going back and giving details that you left out the first time - it just makes everyone scrutinize what you are saying more than we already do
Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #1443
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
What's the vote at? I don't care all that much who we lynch today as long as we lynch the other one tomorrow. The main thing I want to do is avoid a tie tonight.

fixed.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #1444
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's the vote at? I don't care all that much who we lynch today as long as we lynch the other one. The main thing I want to do is avoid a tie tonight.

7-6

Time to bring in the setup guy out of the pen.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #1445
Passacaglia
Coordinator

7 for Alan, 6 for Telle. I promise I will be after Alan tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #1446
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
7 for Alan, 6 for Telle. I promise I will be after Alan tomorrow.

Thats what all of the girls tell me
Old 06-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #1447
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Unvote Alan T
Vote Telle

I don't know how Alan T has managed to wiggle his way out of being lynched two consecutive days.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #1448
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unvote Alan T
Vote Telle

I don't know how Alan T has managed to wiggle his way out of being lynched two consecutive days.

People would wisely rather lynch the wolves.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #1449
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

UNVOTE ALAN
VOTE TELLE

All the reasons already given. Hopefully we learn more about what Alan knows, if we can trust anything he says. Racers has said Alan's a wolf, but that only makes Alan on level ground with Telle with his scan. If the Bearer of the Nec (at least she had it at one point) makes her more dangerous, then by all means I'll change my vote to her. Hope that makes sense
Old 06-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #1450
Racer
College Benchwarmer

By the way, if both Mrs. S and I survive the night, Mrs. S should follow me a night from now. That way, if I die that night, she will hopefully see who kills me and we can nab another wolf (since Alan T and Telle will be gone by then).

It might not be a bad idea for Mrs. S to follow me tonight either if she can follow the same person back-to-back nights.