Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2022, 03:01 PM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Survivor 42: The Meaning of Life

And we find that the meaning of life is not to watch survivor

Seriously There are 5 weeks worth on my DVR and I didn't even know.

I must say that the first person off the island is for a pretty dumb reason/circumstance.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-08-2022 at 03:51 PM.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 03:09 PM   #2
korme
Go Reds

I'm enjoying the season so far
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I'm enjoying the season so far

I do kinda like the whole angle that they filmed 2 seasons back to back so this season doesn't know the new twists of the previous seasons.
Old 04-08-2022, 03:46 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It has been fine so far. That one dude is a beast
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 03:51 PM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
It has been fine so far. That one dude is a beast

oh the one that looks like a prowrestler?
Old 04-08-2022, 03:55 PM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
oh the one that looks like a prowrestler?

yeah
Old 04-08-2022, 10:43 PM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so far the annoying people are staying. :P

i guess it is a good thing i have a lot to catch up on. i don't have to wait.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:19 PM   #8
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I haven't enjoyed the tribal council result yet.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:32 AM   #9
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

okay I'm really glad Swati went home instead of Tori. No offense to Swati but I always like the underdog. Everyone on that tribe is playing each other and the main alliance was REALLY annoying. I wouldn't mind if any of them went home. Rocks is just....he just needs to stop talking.

man JOnathan is like a plant on the show or something. He could really be a tribe by himself and win. I mean dude is not only strong but he's got brains!

Maryanne needs to lay off the crack.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:33 AM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The girls really are doing a good job picking each other off. This kinda goes against the recent past where people kept targetting strength.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:16 AM   #11
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
okay I'm really glad Swati went home instead of Tori. No offense to Swati but I always like the underdog. Everyone on that tribe is playing each other and the main alliance was REALLY annoying. I wouldn't mind if any of them went home. Rocks is just....he just needs to stop talking.

man JOnathan is like a plant on the show or something. He could really be a tribe by himself and win. I mean dude is not only strong but he's got brains!

Maryanne needs to lay off the crack.

Yes, but he'll be voted out the moment the tribes merge. He goes from being the world's best teammate (virtually the entire team), to the biggest threat.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:29 AM   #12
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Yes, but he'll be voted out the moment the tribes merge. He goes from being the world's best teammate (virtually the entire team), to the biggest threat.

Yeah, but we have seen similar before and they don't get voted out.
Old 04-11-2022, 06:11 PM   #13
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post

Quote:
Yeah, but we have seen similar before and they don't get voted out.

Normally I'd agree but the other two tribes are highly fractured whereas the issues between Jonathan and Maryanne seem minor compared to what's going on in the other two tribes.

Tori and Chanelle are almost certainly flipping on their tribes at the merge which makes both them and their former tribemates more of targets at the merge.

Being part of the 3-way bounty/shared idol elevate the chances that Hai or Drea (who also has an idol) go home. Mike's idol also makes him more of a target. Rocksroy could also be a target due to his feud with Tori.

One thing that does hurt Jonathan is that Omar doesn't have a vote at the merge and doesn't know he doesn't have a vote due to Chanelle's stupidity at Ship wheel island.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:09 AM   #14
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i really don't understand what jonathan said. he said "we're a really tight 4" or something and that upset maryanne.

I was confused. Why was that dumb to say and upsetting to maryanne?
Old 04-12-2022, 11:04 AM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

So is this season worth watching? I gave up on last season after a few episodes.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
i really don't understand what jonathan said. he said "we're a really tight 4" or something and that upset maryanne.

We were confused as well
Old 04-12-2022, 04:23 PM   #17
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
So is this season worth watching? I gave up on last season after a few episodes.

I've enjoyed this season more then last. I didn't like the season premiere of this season at all though. It was probably my least favorite premiere in several seasons. The rest of the episodes have been better for me.

Overall, it does have a similar feel to last season except that less time has been spent on advantages and overall less have made it into the game. If you don't like last season I don't know that you'll like this season either.

Nobody has dominated screen time like Shan did last season. I personally enjoyed them highlighting Shan but that's certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

There also hasn't been the Jeff talking directly to the audience crap so far that there was last year.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:25 PM   #18
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:
We were confused as well

I think that was just the editors grasping for straws to create any sort of tension on that tribe.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:32 PM   #19
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Sad to see Dan leave
He was really just in the wrong tribe. Might have succeeded elsewhere. And yeah I hate to break it to him but there seems to be no way to "have fun" and "relax" in survivor.

Also, don't skip all the challenges like sandra.

Getting a little frustrated that 2 episodes in a row, the tweo people ON the chopping block knew it and didn't try to bond and grab a third person.

I guess Swati/Tori probably didn't have a 3rd they could trust.
But Dan/Chanelle seriously could have grabbed Mike.
Mike needs to start playing. His eyes are wide open now because Hai and annoying waitress are dumb.

Also still convinced Hai and Romeo are the same people
Old 04-13-2022, 10:49 PM   #20
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

welp

because of the shitty weather....my dvr had weather alerts but in with 45 minutes to go...right after it was announced what rocksroy decided.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:28 PM   #21
korme
Go Reds

Man, I am really fond of Mike.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:31 PM   #22
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

The concern here is that the tribe, while strong, could be outnumbered by the other two if they are convinced that this group needs to be broken up.

Obviously this is all moot now, but I thought it was fairly obvious in the moment.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:35 AM   #23
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

holy shit Omar is a madman!

He had NO VOTE an d still orchestrated that ENTIRE VOTEOFF!

Super props!
Old 04-15-2022, 01:38 AM   #24
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

OMFG Why did rocks vote lyndsey??? Did he just forget who he was supposed to vote for? LOL

I can't believe Hai voted for Lydia! THought that would never happen. Again props to Omar
Old 04-17-2022, 03:31 PM   #25
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

People are really separating themselves into "Good chance to win" and "No fucking chance in hell" categories pretty firmly this season
Old 05-21-2022, 12:04 AM   #26
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And so passes the last person that's actually playing except for perhaps Mike. Mike gets so emotional tho. If Maryanne and Romeo both make the final 3, it will be a whine-off for sure!

Lindsey gets an F for that ego move of not playing the idol for omir

I hope Jonathan demolishes everyone from here on out in challenges.
I fear that Maryanne wins for the wrong reasons granted that's happened before so whatever.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-21-2022 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:16 PM   #27
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And so passes the last person that's actually playing except for perhaps Mike. Mike gets so emotional tho. If Maryanne and Romeo both make the final 3, it will be a whine-off for sure!

Lindsey gets an F for that ego move of not playing the idol for omir

I hope Jonathan demolishes everyone from here on out in challenges.
I fear that Maryanne wins for the wrong reasons granted that's happened before so whatever.

Whoever won deserved to win which is the case most seasons.

I'm personally hoping it was Maryanne. She's been such a fun character and is one of my favorite players ever.

Edit wise, I think Maryanne is a huge favorite to win at this point though I thought the same thing about Omar until he was voted out this week. Maryanne has had a consistent narrative throughout the season.

If we're not going by edit then I think Lindsey would be the favorite at this point if she got to the end followed by Maryanne. Lindsey received a lack of screen time for much of the season. The same was true for Erika last season but she had a more consistent story and theme. For that reason I expect for her to be voted out next.

There is more to Survivor then winning challenges so Jonathan doesn't deserve to win solely because he's arguably the best team challenge player in the history of Survivor with Joe Anglim and James Clement being the only other two candidates (Ozzy may be the best individual challenge performer ever). Survivor is very much a social game first and unfortunately for Jonathan he's been hangry at various time in the post merge and has seemingly rubbed others the wrong way.

I agree that Mike gets to emotional. I also think he's made a mistake of emphasizing he's a man of his word way to much. He's broken his word and voted on Rocksroy, Hai, and possibly to Omar and Chanelle to some degree. If he makes it to final tribal council and doesn't own the fact he's been a backstabber, he probably doesn't have a chance of winning. Coach sort of acted similar in South Pacific and was roasted which led to an easy win for Sophie.