Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2021, 01:47 PM   #8751
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Good lord, there are SO many of these.

Let's not forget one of the classics, as The Thrillseekers were introduced to Smoky Mountain Wrestling fans ... complete with a soundtrack Danger Danger

The Thrillseekers will Rock America ! - YouTube
Old 02-13-2021, 01:55 PM   #8752
molson
General Manager

I'm surprised AEW hasn't done a parody of these. Unless I missed one.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:59 PM   #8753
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I've always been impartial to this video being the most Fabulous music video ever...

The Fabulous Ones: Getting Swole - YouTube

Definitely nothing homoerotic going on there.

Billy Squier thanks them for making this look like an exercise in toxic masculinity

Billy Squier "Rock Me Tonite" - YouTube
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 02:00 PM   #8754
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Check out Sammy Guevara's vlogs on youtube, he comes close LOL

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-13-2021 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #8755
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Who will be the big "hall-of-fame worthy" shocking AEW surprise this Sunday? TK confirmed it's happenening Put your guesses below in spoiler tags.

Spoiler
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #8756
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That ground kinda got covered by WWE with Southpaw Wrestling
Old 03-05-2021, 07:06 AM   #8757
miami_fan
Coordinator

Legendary Wrestling Promoter Jim Crockett Jr. Dies at Age 76 | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:54 PM   #8758
molson
General Manager

I love when live wrestling goes hilariously wrong.

Streamable Video

Last edited by molson : 03-07-2021 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #8759
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I love when live wrestling goes hilariously wrong.

Streamable Video

The post-match press conference where they try to turn this all into an intentional Wile E. Coyote thing (with Omega as WEC) is arguably just as funny.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #8760
RainMaker
General Manager

AEW is starting to feel like old TNA a bit.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:48 PM   #8761
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
AEW is starting to feel like old TNA a bit.

Why would you say that Captain Charisma?

LOL
Old 03-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #8762
RainMaker
General Manager

That main event was pretty embarrassing. If you're going to do a deathmatch, do a deathmatch. Otherwise let one of the best wrestlers in the world do his thing. Not sure if TNA ever did anything that goofy but it sure felt like Russo WCW with the run-ins.

Then you have the new signings which I don't think move the dial at all. Jericho made sense to add credibility. Moxley was a top star in WWE. But after that, it's been bad.

Sting I guess can sell merchandise but I don't care to see him wrestle at 60. Rusev is a joke now who was somehow booked worse than he was in WWE. Has anyone cared about the Big Show in the last decade? And while I like Christian in the ring, he's 47 and not much of a draw anymore.

This is TNA stuff. Sign over-the-hill or unused WWE talent which forces their own talent to the background. And just like TNA, none of it will impact the ratings.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #8763
RainMaker
General Manager

Also I'm tired of the cinematic match shit. It was kind of fun when Matt Hardy did it in TNA. I understood them using it for Wrestlemania last year to hide the Undertakers shortcomings. But if I want to watch a shitty action movie, I'll watch a shitty action movie.

And I can't take much more of JR.

Last edited by RainMaker : 03-08-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:14 AM   #8764
molson
General Manager

Maybe they should try this kind of death match. Apparently a real thing.

Last edited by molson : 03-09-2021 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:02 PM   #8765
AlexB
Pro Starter

WTF were you actually googling for when you found that
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:01 AM   #8766
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you want to see what a exploding Barbed Wire match SHOULD look like..

FMW - Combat Toyoda vs. Megumi Kudo (No-Rope Electrified Barbwire Deathmatch) - YouTube
Old 03-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #8767
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
WTF were you actually googling for when you found that

Hey, that's between me and my ISP, pal!
Old 03-17-2021, 09:46 PM   #8768
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We had a lights out match to end tonight's dynamite that was a match of the year candidate.

It's like the women saw the fart of the explosion after the main event of Revolution, and said "Boys, let us show you how it's done"
Old 03-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #8769
Mota
College Benchwarmer

That was a brutal match! Wow. Britt just kept bleeding and bleeding. It's on Youtube if anybody is looking for it.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:06 PM   #8770
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I had middling expectations going in, especially as the hype on the internet grew (the match was supposedly taped last week) but I found myself captivated by the match like I haven't in a long time. I remember Taryen Terrell (?) and Gail Kim having what was at the time a rather violent match ("for women")in TNA a while ago and thinking it was nice to see them work outside of what was expected from women's wrestling. I don't know if the not-exploding deathmatch ending had something to do with needing to over-deliver, but Thunder Rosa and Britt Baker delivered in a massive way.

Compare the picture of Britt Baker covered in blood with the picture of Braun Strowman covered in green slime.
Old 03-18-2021, 03:32 PM   #8771
RainMaker
General Manager

How is MJF only 24 years old and that good on the mic?
Old 03-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #8772
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sometimes people ARE just born to do certain things. He's one of those cases.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:03 AM   #8773
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oh Lawd. Ospreay and Priestly and NJPW have opened a shitstorm of controversy on the interwebz tonight.

I'll be vague here in case someone is gonna watch a replay in full but I just want some consistency: either tonight's actions AND their 1v1 match in 2020 are okay _or_ neither are okay, pick either option as you will but just be consistent.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:55 AM   #8774
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Not only that he can work too. If you can find it watch his first match with Jungle Boy. They both did an amazing job of psychology and selling a story, versus the over the top spot fests that many on the AEW roster feel is good wrestling.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:37 PM   #8775
miami_fan
Coordinator

WWE's Road Dogg Hospitalized After Suffering Heart Attack, Wife Says
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 03-28-2021, 12:36 AM   #8776
molson
General Manager

So NBC employees are looking through the entire WWE catalog and removing offensive content. I wonder what will be left.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:32 AM   #8777
miami_fan
Coordinator

Any reference to PUPPIES! will be gone for sure.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:39 AM   #8778
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So NBC employees are looking through the entire WWE catalog and removing offensive content. I wonder what will be left.

Yea, this one pisses me off. Already decided I won’t be moving my sub over. I also heard that there is no way around commercials on peacock. Is that true as well?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:44 AM   #8779
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I, for one, am very angry that I won't be able to hear Vince drop an N-bomb anymore.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:19 PM   #8780
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Yea, this one pisses me off. Already decided I won’t be moving my sub over. I also heard that there is no way around commercials on peacock. Is that true as well?

I haven't subscribed yet, but I thought there were three tiers - free but limited, paid with ads, and paid without ads. Though at the highest tier you'd still have the normal WWE Network ads that have always been there.

Last edited by molson : 03-28-2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #8781
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I read somewhere that the Peacock edits will also be incorporated into the regular WWE Network for all non-US people. That's joyful.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #8782
RainMaker
General Manager

Not a fan of the new IWGP Championship.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:20 PM   #8783
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Not only that he can work too. If you can find it watch his first match with Jungle Boy. They both did an amazing job of psychology and selling a story, versus the over the top spot fests that many on the AEW roster feel is good wrestling.

Saw a recent interview with him where he mentioned how he wants to be like Piper. Not necessarily personality, but in only wrestling when his character has a reason to. He won't be wrestling weekly in 6-man tags and dropping jobbers.

Thought that was wise since so many wrestlers either burn themselves out physically or get boring to fans by wrestling every week. It was a huge deal when Piper fought.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #8784
BYU 14
Coordinator

He is definitely a throwback and it is refreshing as hell!
Old 03-30-2021, 09:04 PM   #8785
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not a fan of the new IWGP Championship.

Old 04-02-2021, 04:13 PM   #8786
RainMaker
General Manager

I finally listened to some Fozzy in full and I might get killed for this, but they aren't terrible. A nu-metal vibe to it.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:52 PM   #8787
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I finally listened to some Fozzy in full and I might get killed for this, but they aren't terrible. A nu-metal vibe to it.

Glad you could catch up

The evolution of the band since it's initial introduction as a cover band has been dramatic.

With Rich Ward (Stuck Mojo) handling most of the creativity, it's capable of being on par with virtually anyone. The rest of the band (tho treated at times a bit like hired guns more than seems fair IMO) are also quite credible.

The transition started back in 2005, with the third album ("All That Remains") of all originals, which provided the first real glimpse of what they
could do. "Enemy" was a solid lead single. By 2017-18 and the 7th album, a trio of hits solidified them as being one of the better bands currently on the rock scene.

The 8th album appears to have been delayed by Covid (the release of it, not the creation of it) with only the intended lead single dropped so far. How the rest of the album sounds remains a mystery so far
Old 04-10-2021, 04:30 PM   #8788
miami_fan
Coordinator

What is the plan if say a torrential downpour occurs on the first night of Wrestlemania in a open air football stadium?
Old 04-10-2021, 05:18 PM   #8789
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
What is the plan if say a torrential downpour occurs on the first night of Wrestlemania in a open air football stadium?

I wonder if they can bring the Undertaker in last minute to do an entrance.

Last edited by molson : 04-10-2021 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:38 PM   #8790
RainMaker
General Manager

I really hate the 2 night deal. Just doesn't make it feel special.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #8791
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

This might be relevant again today.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:08 PM   #8792
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I really hate the 2 night deal. Just doesn't make it feel special.

I think it's better then having a 6 or 7 hour one day show like they were doing the years prior 2020 at least.

Having a one night show that lasts around 3 hours would be best though I think.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #8793
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
WWE has come to terms on the release of Samoa Joe, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto, Bo Dallas and Wesley Blake.

I cannot fathom releasing Joe considering how good his commentary work had been.

edit to add: Peyton Royce and Billie Kay also added to the list

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-15-2021 at 02:04 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:16 PM   #8794
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I think it's better then having a 6 or 7 hour one day show like they were doing the years prior 2020 at least.

Having a one night show that lasts around 3 hours would be best though I think.

I agree. I guess the 2 nights just makes it feel like two normal PPVs instead of one big one. Just loses the luster.

I don't see a problem with just having one 4 hour show. The issue seems to be that a lot of wrestlers wouldn't appear at the show but that's fine. It's Wrestlemania, not a participation trophy. Pack 4 hours of the best wrestling you can into one show.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:30 PM   #8795
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I cannot fathom releasing Joe considering how good his commentary work had been.

edit to add: Peyton Royce and Billie Kay also added to the list

I guess I could see Peyton wanting to go to AEW with Spears. No clue why you would dump Joe. He is a natural in commentary and with a mic.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:28 AM   #8796
Flasch186
Coordinator

WOW, AEW just got so much better I may start watching again. I'm certain they'll pick up the Iconics and Joe.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:46 PM   #8797
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I'm certain they'll pick up the Iconics and Joe.
Why? I don't think any of them would fit, particularly the IIconics.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #8798
RainMaker
General Manager

Joe would be perfect. They need more serious faces.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #8799
RainMaker
General Manager

The Swann-Omega match was kind of a dud. Expected much more out of those two. Not sure if Swann got hurt but he was worthless at the end.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:36 PM   #8800
Atocep
Coordinator

It's a random comment, but I was shocked to see that Jim Cornette is only 59, which means he was 25 or 26 when I first started watching wrestling and he was managing the Midnight Express.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote