Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How soon will you take the vaccine?
Day 1 that it's available for me 25 42.37%
First month 13 22.03%
Second month 7 11.86%
Third month or later 12 20.34%
I'm a trout anti-vaxxer 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2021, 02:58 PM   #201
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Sorry, didn't know about your phobia.

It's totally cool.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:27 AM   #202
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It's simple: I firmly believe I run a higher risk of dying from my reaction to injections than I do from Covid.

Remember, I'm the extreme needlephobic that was on the brink of being coded because they couldn't arrest the rapid, and approaching catastrophic, decline of my blood pressure and heart rate.

The British Journal of Medicine noted in 2014 "Needle phobia of this kind has even been attributed to cause of death in 23 documented cases. In these cases the vasovagal response has been so severe and occasionally paired with arthrosclerosis, as to cause myocardial or cerebral infarction"

My vasovagal response to the situation has been so extreme that I feel like I stand a reasonably high chance of becoming the 24th ... and I really don't wanna go out like that.

edit to add: And that's true even with my firm belief that a Covid case stands a pretty fair chance of killing me. 3 pack a day smoker, at 53, I have to be realistic about my odds of any lung-related issue. I still like my chances better with Covid.

double edit: Just for the curious, I've only been stuck once in the last 25 years, and that took 5 people to accomplish safely. And it was roughly an hour before I regained consciousness. I've only been stuck twice in the last 30+ years.

In my early 30s, I spent a month undergoing about $100k in medical tests (MRIs, CAT scans, blood tests, stress tests, hearts tests, you name it) because I was passing out on a semi-regular basis.

The ultimate diagnosis was that I have an extreme vaso-vagel response to repressed stress. (Stress? What stress? I don't feel any stress!)

I'm telling this story just to throw some support your way, Jon. That vaso-vagel thing is no joke if you're prone to it. (I dealt with it by smoking more cigarettes. Sounds like we've got that in common. )
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:06 PM   #203
molson
General Manager

I was just about to give into the "nobody's checking anything" pressure, but Idaho moved up the dates and I'm signed up for a good and valid shot next week.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:07 PM   #204
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I was just about to give into the "nobody's checking anything" pressure, but Idaho moved up the dates and I'm signed up for a good and valid shot next week.

awesome!
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #205
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I get my second shot tomorrow. In the middle of what looks to be a pretty intense storm system moving through Kentucky. I hope the "30 minutes wrapped around Alltech Arena just to get inside to wait another 75 minutes" thing has been rectified in the 3 weeks since my first shot.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:03 PM   #206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
(I dealt with it by smoking more cigarettes. Sounds like we've got that in common. )

One of my all-time favorite quotes from Anthony Bourdain was some trip to (I think it was) SE Asia, where he climbs some crazy high mountain and says something about how he needed a smoke just so he could breathe clearly.

I've never understood anything anyone said better than I understood exactly what he meant by that ... I suspect you get it too lol
Old 03-24-2021, 06:38 PM   #207
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

A friend gave me an email address that you write to, tell them name, age, why you are eligible, etc...and I did it for my wife, I have mine already. Wrote them this morning, but mid day they wrote me back saying she was scheduled for tomorrow. I was amazed. apparently a lot of people aren't aware of this method here in Jersey.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:50 PM   #208
RainMaker
General Manager

Got my first shot today. It was the Moderna and my arm is a tad sore but that's it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #209
miami_fan
Coordinator

Another resource if you or someone you know is elgible.

https://blogs.va.gov/VAntage/86532/v...n=VetResources

Quote:
Covered individuals can receive a vaccine from VA due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency. Under the bill, covered individuals are:

Veterans who are not eligible to enroll in the VA health care system;

specified Veterans who are eligible for hospital care, medical services, and nursing home care abroad;

family caregivers approved as providers of personal care services for Veterans under the VA’s Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers;

caregivers of Veterans participating in the VA’s Program of General Caregiver Support Services; and

caregivers of Veterans participating in the VA’s Medical Foster Home Program, Bowel and Bladder Program, Home Based Primary Care Program, or Veteran Directed Care Program.

Civilian Health and Medical Programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs recipients.

Veteran spouses.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:03 PM   #210
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

First shot tomorrow, wife got hers yesterday. She got Pfizer, I won't know what I get until I arrive.

Glad to be on the books, and looking forward to being done with the whole thing.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:07 PM   #211
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I realize that there are a lot of steps between being comfortable with getting shots and where you are, but I work with folks with anxiety and these things are a God-send for the actual injection part of the phobia: Sorry! Something went wrong!

They basically stimulate the area of your skin around where you get the injection with a few dozen small spikes, so your nerves cannot actually feel the injection. Now, not having panic over the related thoughts and the actual visit to the office may be worse (and is for many people).

Am I the only one who finds it weird that the solution to people panicking over a shot is to add a few dozen small spikes before the actual injection?
Old 03-25-2021, 06:03 AM   #212
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Georgia is opening the shot to everyone over 16 today. Has most states gone that wide?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:44 AM   #213
Butter
Coordinator

Ohio has, basically opening it up last week. They initially said all 40+, but then they directed clinics to basically give any open slots to any eligible people as they were having problems filling all of their appointments.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #214
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Georgia is opening the shot to everyone over 16 today. Has most states gone that wide?

Nope, PA is still over 65 or over 16 with health problems.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #215
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Not quite. Though NCs definition of the heath problems that qualify for our current stage is pretty broad. And a few counties have opened it up fully.

And I know one friend who signed up in a more rural county who was honest that she didn't qualify yet, and they said that was no problem b/c they had more supply than they were using at this point.

We seem to be at the point where some of the more vaccine-eager counties here still have waits, but the more rural areas are effectively supplied for every willing adult.

For example--very conservative Cumberland County has only 15% of the population that has received one dose, but they have opened it up to everyone b/c the demand among the eligible groups has pretty much gone away.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 03-25-2021 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:34 AM   #216
cuervo72
Head Coach

https://covidlink.maryland.gov/conte...ution_3.18.pdf

We are in Phase 2A. 60+ for non-special cases. Phase 2B adds 16+ with conditions, 2C goes to 55+. Finally, Phase 3 adds 16-55. Which, hey - I'm in the same physical boat as my kids, right?
Old 03-25-2021, 07:53 AM   #217
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Texas is doing all adults next week, I believe

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:28 AM   #218
Ksyrup

Kentucky has not formally opened up for all, but it depends on where you are. Lexington is now 18 and over. Supposed to be statewide no later than April 12th for 16 and up.

In a sign of where I live though, I have seen 2 different news reports in recent days about concerns that supply will rapidly outpace demand here, as about half of KY adults don't want the vaccine. Presumably because getting the vaccine would be an admission that your FB posts about Covid being a hoax would make you look like the idiot we all knew you were...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-25-2021 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #219
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

TN goes to that next week (or week after next?) I saw last night.

Kemp is trying to get the state's numbers up from the awkward 49th place, he's hoping this will look better.

Thing is, the process is still pretty broken here so I don't know how this will accomplish anything nearly so much as making it an even bigger clusterfuck.

(When you're routing people 4+ hours to find a shot while locations closer to those people have leftover shots ... yeah, it's still a mess)
Old 03-25-2021, 09:54 AM   #220
molson
General Manager

After hearing how things went in Massachusetts in terms of the hoops people jumped through to get things scheduled, I wondered how quickly I could get an appointment even after I became eligible. But I went online and found 10+ open appointments every day in every one of our many Albertson's and Walgreen's. I guess that's why they moved up the eligibility categories. It also probably helps to have a higher % of anti-vaxxers in the state than normal. And, supply itself is probably just higher and more consistent everywhere now than a month or two ago.

Watching how things continue to unfold in Europe, the vaccine production and rollout is definitely America's finest moment of the pandemic.

New cases and deaths haven't continued to drop dramatically like they did a month or two ago. I'm sure those numbers will improve more gradually from here, but, I wonder if we're settling into a lower baseline that will still be with us for a while. Low enough that we mostly get back to normal. If the hospitals aren't overwhelmed, and most everyone has access to a vaccine whether they want it or not (and all of the high risk people do), there's not much reason left for restrictions, government-imposed or private/social, aside from basic common bad flu-season type sense.

Last edited by molson : 03-25-2021 at 09:58 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:16 PM   #221
Ksyrup

Our numbers have dropped off a cliff the past 3 or so weeks. Like, we're in pre-August territory in terms of 7-day average cases. And our positivity rate is under 3% and I don't remember the last time we were that low.

I feel like the combination of spring break (nearly everyone we know is going to FL), spring in general and the Covid variants inevitably making their way into KY are going to offset the vaccines and our numbers will start to climb again, but I hope not.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #222
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Texas is doing all adults next week, I believe

SI

Texas has a whorehoue in it!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:00 PM   #223
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
After hearing how things went in Massachusetts in terms of the hoops people jumped through to get things scheduled, I wondered how quickly I could get an appointment even after I became eligible. But I went online and found 10+ open appointments every day in every one of our many Albertson's and Walgreen's. I guess that's why they moved up the eligibility categories. It also probably helps to have a higher % of anti-vaxxers in the state than normal. And, supply itself is probably just higher and more consistent everywhere now than a month or two ago.

Watching how things continue to unfold in Europe, the vaccine production and rollout is definitely America's finest moment of the pandemic.

New cases and deaths haven't continued to drop dramatically like they did a month or two ago. I'm sure those numbers will improve more gradually from here, but, I wonder if we're settling into a lower baseline that will still be with us for a while. Low enough that we mostly get back to normal. If the hospitals aren't overwhelmed, and most everyone has access to a vaccine whether they want it or not (and all of the high risk people do), there's not much reason left for restrictions, government-imposed or private/social, aside from basic common bad flu-season type sense.

The final piece of the puzzle will be vaccines for kids. Once we are at a point when everyone who does not want themselves or their kids to get COVID can get a vaccine, then I don't see why we can't be pretty much 100% back to normal domesticaly.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:40 PM   #224
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sorry if this was posted already, but here's a very good reason to get vaccinated:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/krispy-...cination-card/

Yep that's right-a free original glazed donut every day for the rest of the year.
Old 03-25-2021, 04:04 PM   #225
JPhillips
General Manager

Getting my second tomorrow. It was delayed a week while I was in quarantine, but I still get it on a Friday so I can deal with any side-effects over the weekend.
Old 03-25-2021, 04:17 PM   #226
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Sorry if this was posted already, but here's a very good reason to get vaccinated:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/krispy-...cination-card/

Yep that's right-a free original glazed donut every day for the rest of the year.

Let me see if I have this correct. We are going to try to incentivize people to do something to protect public health, by encouraging them to have free unhealthy food to sabotage their own personal health?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:21 PM   #227
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Let me see if I have this correct. We are going to try to incentivize people to do something to protect public health, by encouraging them to have free unhealthy food to sabotage their own personal health?

So half-empty. The half-full is they are helping feed people who need more/food.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #228
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

With programs such as food stamps etc. already in place though, food kitchens, etc. the number of people for who would benefit from this and not have a better food option available to them while also not being able to afford to buy their own food is vanishingly small. I stand behind calling the glass half-empty, because that's what it is here. I'd say more like 95% empty .
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #229
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

They need to start the next health crisis now that they have a vaccine right?
Old 03-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #230
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Can't speak highly enough of the program Sutter Health ran in Santa Cruz today for me. No line, drove right up and got the shot in the arm from my car. Had an email with my after-visit summary before I even parked for the 15 minute wait to watch for allergic reactions.

Then I fell asleep in my car, and they freaked out. Made me take two separate blood pressure tests 15 more minutes apart before they let me leave. I am obviously ok, and glad they took the precautions, but I felt kind of silly.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 03-25-2021 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:43 PM   #231
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Kentucky has not formally opened up for all, but it depends on where you are. Lexington is now 18 and over. Supposed to be statewide no later than April 12th for 16 and up.

In a sign of where I live though, I have seen 2 different news reports in recent days about concerns that supply will rapidly outpace demand here, as about half of KY adults don't want the vaccine. Presumably because getting the vaccine would be an admission that your FB posts about Covid being a hoax would make you look like the idiot we all knew you were...

I believe most adults in Kentucky qualify for a Covid vaccine at this point.

If Kentucky's population demographics are are the same as the U.S. then roughly 82.6% qualify by age (34.0% 50 or older per random google search) or BMI>= 25 (73.6% of Americans per CDC).

Once you account for the probability someone doesn't fall under any occupation listed, doesn't have asthma, and isn't pregnant,
you then get to about 12% to 16% of adults in Kentucky not eligible for the Covid vaccine. This assumes that:

a.) the underlying data that I quickly googled is actually accurate.
b.) the Kentucky demographic breakdown is exactly the same as the U.S.
C.) That BMI and age are not correlated with one another and
D.) BMI and age are not correlated with different occupations and pregnancy and that age isn't correlated with asthma.

If you account for the probability someone doesn't live in Lexington but lives in Kentucky then you get to about 11% to 15% of adults who don't qualify or about 85% to 89% who do qualify.

I didn't account for any other underlying conditions besides asthma or pregnancy but I'd be very surprised if they decreased the percent not eligible by more then 1% or 2%.

I don't qualify yet. I don't understand the purpose of excluding such a small minority at this point from the Covid vaccine. That being said, I'm guessing a large percentage of people do not realize they qualify because of BMI.

Last edited by Racer : 03-25-2021 at 05:45 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:46 PM   #232
Ksyrup

They have definitely stressed the age qualifiers far more than anything else since they opened it up to ages under 70 (60, then 50 and by Monday, 40). That's probably because the "underlying health conditions" people were already eligible when the elderly were. Perhaps it is not an advisable political move to remind people how fat they are? I don't know.

I had a vastly different experience getting the 2nd shot than the 1st. A nearly 2 hour wait 3 weeks ago; 35 minutes total today. There was hardly anyone there.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-25-2021 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:01 PM   #233
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Minnesota just announced that starting March 30th it will be open to all residents 16 and older.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:58 PM   #234
MrBug708
Head Coach

I have my second on Sunday (Pfizer) and I'm dreading about how I'm gonna react. I posted that I had a brief, but terrifying hospital stay due to COVID back in December. When I got my first shot a couple of weeks go, I had 48 hours of COVID symptons that had similar reactions as to when I had COVID. Even a moment where I thought I was losing my breath. And everyone is saying it's both easier and harder (depending on the person) when they get their second shot. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. Well, not the worse, but a crappy 48 hours.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:09 AM   #235
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That does sound harrowing, hope it all goes fine!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:16 AM   #236
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just got my first shot - Pfizer - today. The government set up a massive FEMA vaccine site at Ford Field. My wife has been tracking this stuff like a hawk and I was on a work call around 5 pm when she texted me and told they were taking walk-ins at Ford Field until 6. I switched the call from my PC to my phone and drove the 20 or so minutes downtown.

It was pretty much a breeze after that. Very relieved to get in the system. My left is a bit sore, but that's it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:11 AM   #237
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I just got my first shot - Pfizer - today. The government set up a massive FEMA vaccine site at Ford Field. My wife has been tracking this stuff like a hawk and I was on a work call around 5 pm when she texted me and told they were taking walk-ins at Ford Field until 6. I switched the call from my PC to my phone and drove the 20 or so minutes downtown.

It was pretty much a breeze after that. Very relieved to get in the system. My left is a bit sore, but that's it.

So something positive happened for the people of Detroit at Ford Field? That's unexpected. :-)

Kidding aside, that's great news. Happy you got the shot.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:22 AM   #238
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I finally got an appointment Monday at Wal-Greens
Old 03-26-2021, 07:38 AM   #239
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Good luck! My first shot at Walgreens was very efficient.
Old 03-26-2021, 08:18 AM   #240
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Had my 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday. Literally did not feel it going in and wasn't looking, so all afternoon I had semi-concern that I didn't actually receive my 2nd dose. By 9pm that night my arm was sore, confirming I did indeed receive it (ha!). By 11pm I had a fever and chills. Crappy sleep and was a mess yesterday. Feeling a lot better today.

For those wondering, my first Pfizer only made my arm sore for a day, but the 2nd dose hit me like a truck. Still, more than worth it
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 03-26-2021 at 08:18 AM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #241
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So something positive happened for the people of Detroit at Ford Field? That's unexpected. :-)

Kidding aside, that's great news. Happy you got the shot.

Heh! Seriously. I was hoping that standing next to a picture of current Jaguars WR Marvin Jones wasn't going to be a bad sign.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #242
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Had my 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday. Literally did not feel it going in and wasn't looking, so all afternoon I had semi-concern that I didn't actually receive my 2nd dose. By 9pm that night my arm was sore, confirming I did indeed receive it (ha!). By 11pm I had a fever and chills. Crappy sleep and was a mess yesterday. Feeling a lot better today.

For those wondering, my first Pfizer only made my arm sore for a day, but the 2nd dose hit me like a truck. Still, more than worth it

Good to know. My arm is still pretty sore from my first Pfizer shot yesterday.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:36 AM   #243
pantera
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I have my second on Sunday (Pfizer) and I'm dreading about how I'm gonna react. I posted that I had a brief, but terrifying hospital stay due to COVID back in December. When I got my first shot a couple of weeks go, I had 48 hours of COVID symptons that had similar reactions as to when I had COVID. Even a moment where I thought I was losing my breath. And everyone is saying it's both easier and harder (depending on the person) when they get their second shot. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. Well, not the worse, but a crappy 48 hours.
I've spoken to two people who had lesser reactions to their 2nd shot than to their 1st. Not the norm, but it happens. Hopefully you have the same experience. Good luck.
pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #244
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My wife did have what they are calling "8 day arm" after her first Moderna shot. Big red swollen warm area where the shot was given, and a swollen lymp node on that side. It is fine now. Seems it is very common in women.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #245
Ksyrup

I got my second shot nearly 24 hours ago and I don't notice anything except a minor sore arm when I try to raise my shoulder and move it around. So, if I was playing tennis, it might actually bother me. Otherwise, the runny nose I had the 1st time around hasn't been much of an issue, which leads me to believe the runny nose had more to do with staying in a hotel than the shot.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:56 AM   #246
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Heh, ditto. I happened to check this morning, and lo and behold, a ton of appts open. Coulda done it tomorrow or sunday if I wasn't already busy.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #247
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:54 PM   #248
Thomkal
Head Coach

Heh
Old 03-26-2021, 02:44 PM   #249
JPhillips
General Manager

Got my second!
Old 03-27-2021, 05:06 PM   #250
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I got my first Covid-19 vaccine shot today. It was Moderna. I feel elated.

I called 6 Walgreens this morning asking if I could be put on a standby list in case someone didn't show up for their vaccine appointment since I wasn't eligible yet. Three said yes, two said call back after 4 pm, and one said they couldn't give me the vaccine under any circumstance.

One of three called back just before 4 pm. Another one actually called around 5:30 pm as well so depending on where you live the standby method seems worth trying if you're not eligible yet.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote