Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #1051
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
I noticed that you were on every line also GG!! Depending on Raven's response I think you would have been the next lynch.

Raven, what analysis went I to your chart??!

I made a matrix of everyone left in the game.
Then I looked at voting patterns, and heavy actions that eliminated potential pairings. For example cheeki and Vaimes clearly weren't paired based on their actions yesterday. Day 3 screwed us because the unanimous run on Grover revealed little for the village.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #1052
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yet at least twice in this game highly improbable things did actually happen, and disbelief over this led to two villager lynches. I would postulate that an overreliance on probability often hurts the village.

I've been involved in a couple of those. I had a feeling it wasn't going to work out for the village when reading along.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #1053
Raven
College Prospect

Also, I wanted to post it right at the 10 PM deadline, so wolves couldn't use it as part of their NK strategy. Because if we survived another day, I thought they'd NK one of yesterday's active participants. Scrambling to post it by 10, while feeding and entertaining a 4 month old baby was tough :P
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #1054
timmae
College Starter

I think the shadow was aided by a few time relayed items. EFs D1 end... Jackals D1. Martin/CR. We lucked out on a lot.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #1055
path12
Coordinator

I felt most bad at jumping on Grover like I did, but it was just too good a break not to use.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #1056
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

I don't think anyone, village or wolf, can feel bad for jumping on Grover. If he had come out and said he saved his own ass it would be different, but that "thank you to whoever saved me" post was the nail, Gorilla glue, and dirt on his coffin. I get that he wanted to hide that he was potentially the Dragon Reborn, but there is no choice but to instaclaim after something like that.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #1057
The Jackal
Coordinator

Awesome game, sad that I died so early but heck of a game for the shadow. Can't wait for the sequel!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #1058
Autumn
Head Coach

I definitely hope people are willing to give it another whirl. Tehre are a lot of other themes and mechanics Shoveler and I have thought of, and a lot of stuff that just never happened in this version. The next ones(s) will probably work very differently, but with of course similar fiction. I hope to do a better job describing the world next time for those who don't know the books.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #1059
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually, as I said at the start, I never got into these books because of the length of the series (and my understanding that there was more than a little meandering in the storylines). Your description of the world seemed pretty rich and interesting to me, and actually has me considering reading the series.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #1060
britrock88
Pro Starter

Glad I got at least something done for good (finding the Dragon was a secondary goal for the Aes Sedai). I lucked into it with a positive read, basically.

Timmae, I'll answer your question when I get a chance to do some re-reading. Still hate that I was basically out of pocket for half of this game.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #1061
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Actually, as I said at the start, I never got into these books because of the length of the series (and my understanding that there was more than a little meandering in the storylines). Your description of the world seemed pretty rich and interesting to me, and actually has me considering reading the series.

I bought the first one to see.

Thanks for running the game Autumn, sorry I missed a day.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #1062
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I think from the game you can get an idea of the interesting world Jordan created, and we didn't really get into the characters, but there are good characters too. I think the series goes off the rails pretty harshly after book seven--he was clearly in need of a better editor and a less hurried/tolerant publisher. To the point that if I reread the series I would probably skip a couple books, honestly, in that period, because not much happens and they're frustrating to read.

But on the other hand, I would honestly consider rereading the series, despite that. Luckily he wrote such an interesting series through book 7 that you're already hooked enough to put up with a lot. In my mind, Jordan is the George Lucas of fantasy novels, where you have to credit him with a world and characters which absolutely have hooked people, yet you kind of wish he had gotten some help in execution.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #1063
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Timmae, I'll answer your question when I get a chance to do some re-reading. Still hate that I was basically out of pocket for half of this game.

Huh. I think all of the potential forum tools for re-reading players' posts individually are disable here. Anyone care to correct me?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:38 PM   #1064
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, I think from the game you can get an idea of the interesting world Jordan created, and we didn't really get into the characters, but there are good characters too. I think the series goes off the rails pretty harshly after book seven--he was clearly in need of a better editor and a less hurried/tolerant publisher. To the point that if I reread the series I would probably skip a couple books, honestly, in that period, because not much happens and they're frustrating to read.

But on the other hand, I would honestly consider rereading the series, despite that. Luckily he wrote such an interesting series through book 7 that you're already hooked enough to put up with a lot. In my mind, Jordan is the George Lucas of fantasy novels, where you have to credit him with a world and characters which absolutely have hooked people, yet you kind of wish he had gotten some help in execution.

If you do audio books, I listened to books 8 through 11. They were almost painless to listen to. Well painless compared to reading them I stopped reading at book 9 or 10 the firstly time through, and the audio books got me through.

Thank goodness brandon sanderson came along and saved the series
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote