Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #2501
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yesterday I went with claphamsa as my choice in the face of a (then) runaway vote.

I see no reason to change. His voting record still looks bad to me.

I can be talked into a few others--i.e. saldana, some others--but I am going to get my vote in early for once and see what develops.

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #2502
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #2501:

2 - Telle - Poli (2452), claphamsa (2467)
2 - claphamsa - hoopsguy (2476), Chief Rum (2501)
1 - saldana - Latham (2481)
1 - Lathum - saldana (2494)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #2503
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Catching up.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #2504
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
again...you posted links to all the posts i made about you, but what is missing is the time stamps from them...with one exception, they are all from the hour long window otherwise known as my lunch break.

why are you continuing to exaggerate the truth?

1 hour hardly equals "all day" or "kept coming at me"...hoops asked me if i had any theories or analysis, and i gave it to him....your over the top defensiveness is actually more suspicious to me than my own theory was

i doubt i will get any backing with this, but i for one have had my fill of lathum jumping all over people with his "how dare you suspect me" attitude, and his unconfirmed triggered mechanic....i feel like i am playing with blade again.

vote lathum

while I agree 1 hour doesn't equal all day, in that 1 hour you managed to try and cast suspicion on me several times. Show me where I jumped on anyone. All I did was defend my position and my gameplay when you attacked it.

You know what I have had my fill of? People saying I have this "attitude." I think I politely defend my self when questioned and lay out the reasoning why I have been acting the way I am. Show me where I had "attitude" that was out of line for the questions being directed at me. You want to look for attitude look at PB's posts.

Your vote makes you look even worse considering it seems many others don't view me as a logical lynch candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Saldana, the thing I worry about with Lathum is that we are playing with Fouts back in the day with his "my role will come in soon and it will blow your minds" = wolf.

I never said my role would blow anyones minds. I said it is helpfull for the village, that is all. I am getting sick of people putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I agree with sal that he's been hyper-defensive, likely because of what he can and can't say. Not sure he's the best target at this point, I think the chance of him being a wolf is less than some of the others.

Again, show me where I have been hyper defensive.

Quote:
wasnt it the survivor game where blade kept making up ridiculous powers the whole game that basically scared everyone away from lynching him?

I haven't made anything up, granted you may just be reminicing.

Quote:
but is it really what he can or cant say, or is it what he wants us to believe he can or cant say?

no one else's private role to this point has has required public action that they werent allowed to talk about.

My role hasn't required any public action, again, I never claimed I had to vote PB or anyone else

Quote:
I've thought it more likely he was a villager than wolf most of the game, but the longer he stays alive the higher he shoots up the suspicion charts.

That's very true. It seems possible Danny only included one role like that, but yes, he could be lying.

I just think at this point there's a higher probability we hit a wolf on someone else - if Lathum is alive as we near the end of the game and he hasn't used any sort of ability, I'm sure he'll get lynched.

don't be so certain
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #2505
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
again...you posted links to all the posts i made about you, but what is missing is the time stamps from them...with one exception, they are all from the hour long window otherwise known as my lunch break.

why are you continuing to exaggerate the truth?

1 hour hardly equals "all day" or "kept coming at me"...hoops asked me if i had any theories or analysis, and i gave it to him....your over the top defensiveness is actually more suspicious to me than my own theory was

i doubt i will get any backing with this, but i for one have had my fill of lathum jumping all over people with his "how dare you suspect me" attitude, and his unconfirmed triggered mechanic....i feel like i am playing with blade again.

vote lathum

Quote:
Saldana, the thing I worry about with Lathum is that we are playing with Fouts back in the day with his "my role will come in soon and it will blow your minds" = wolf.

Quote:
I agree with sal that he's been hyper-defensive, likely because of what he can and can't say. Not sure he's the best target at this point, I think the chance of him being a wolf is less than some of the others.

Quote:
wasnt it the survivor game where blade kept making up ridiculous powers the whole game that basically scared everyone away from lynching him?

Quote:
but is it really what he can or cant say, or is it what he wants us to believe he can or cant say?

no one else's private role to this point has has required public action that they werent allowed to talk about.

Quote:
I've thought it more likely he was a villager than wolf most of the game, but the longer he stays alive the higher he shoots up the suspicion charts.

That's very true. It seems possible Danny only included one role like that, but yes, he could be lying.

I just think at this point there's a higher probability we hit a wolf on someone else - if Lathum is alive as we near the end of the game and he hasn't used any sort of ability, I'm sure he'll get lynched.

Quote:
thanks for thinking i am not as stupid as i seem Hoops

i actually do have a thought....not saying i firmly believe it, but it is a thought worth throwing out there.

there was a lot of disbelief on day 2 regarding EF because he was criticized on N1...people didnt think that the wolves would waste their criticism on one of there own...EF of course turned up wolf.

now it is N3, and they have another shot to criticize someone. seeing how many people didnt think they would do it the first time, would it not be an interesting ploy to criticize one of their own again as a means of buying trust?

half of us didnt think they would waste it once...how many of us wont think they will waste it twice?

again, not saying i am even sold on my own idea, but it is food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so what you are saying is I make a crazy over the top play on day 2 that would likely earn me a seer scan, just to try to get myself into a COT because if I stay alive to long people are just going to assume i am a wolf?

So the best way for me to gain trust is to make a play calling attention to myself, in a game where I can't say why I made that play or what benefit the play gives us, on the second day.

Right, makes perfect sense.

Quote:
also, look at the payoff if it worked...PB would be dead, EF would be semi-trusted because he had been criticized, and Lathum would have been able to plead some cock'n bull story about having to vote that way because of his role, which would have been completely impossible to confirm. (which is actually what he is doing right now)

Quote:
there is a cunning wolf in this game, isnt there?

you know damn well your mere existence invites a seer scan! (look, and exclamation point )

Quote:
ummm, are you on crack? Lets say I am a wolf.

PB does get lynched, then everyone looks at me as the catalyst, lynches me the next day, then comes to the conclusion that I was protecting EF and lynch him.

Right, would have worked out awesome!

I can't help but think of the people who are trying to get me lynched today their is at least one wolf who is trying to get me killed out of reputation and for fear of the mechanic that was triggered for my role.

If you are so convinced then vote me, but there is zero chance I am lynched today.

Quote:
well then you kind of prove the point that I don't need to pull crazy shenanigens to get scanned.

Quote:
and you had been preparing your defense for PB's death the entire day...you could easily have gotten out of it, and dont pretend you dont think you couldnt...you have gotten out of way worse.

Quote:
but again, why?

You and hoops have both said I would be scanned early based on reputation, there were others on the chopping block so why make that play?

If you are so convinced then please, vote me.

Quote:
but getting scanned by the seer doesnt do you any good against the lynch unless the seer comes to your defense!

a public display that gets you on the trust lists is 10 times better than a seer scan because it is just that. Public.

Quote:
do you really think I though my play day 2 would get me on any trust list?

Quote:
has anyone voted for you on day 3 or 4 (yet)

Quote:
no, but that has zero to do with my play and everything to do with the fact there are people with far worse voting records, people like you I might add, whose voting record is piss poor.

You are forcing this way to much.

Quote:
i hardly think i am forcing anything...go back and look at my first post on this topic...i said i am not even sure i buy my own theory...the fact that you are getting so bent about it when i havent even voted for you (in fact i have said i will probably not be voting for you) is doing nothing but drawing attention to yourself, and making me wonder if i might have stumbled onto something.

Quote:
you have harped all day on it. You mentioned you think a smart wolf is pulling some strings, you certainly fall under that catergory as well.

Not really sure how I am getting bent, I am merely responding to your claims, but if you feel the need to vote me please by all means do, your voting record stinks already, why stop now?

So these are all mine and Saldana's posts from yesterday. I hardly think I has hyper defensive and I certainly didn't act out of character at all. I responded to his inquires in the best manner I could and interjected my own opinions.

Remove the name Lathum from my posts and tell me if you think I did anything over the top.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #2506
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmm, somehow I multi quoted way more then I meant to.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #2507
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #2508
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
hmm, somehow I multi quoted way more then I meant to.

yeah, the point is read the conversation. If anything Saldana is attacking me and trying to get me on my heels, and then has the audacity to claim I had an attitude about it.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #2509
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going vote record today. I think Saldana has the worst vote record so I am going to:

Vote Saldana
Old 05-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #2510
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and the rub is lets say I didn't defend myself, then people would be like "oh, he's being so quiet, what does he have to hide?"
Old 05-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #2511
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum, without going back and looking for quotes, can you really say you never had to vote PB as part of your role? I thougth you specfiically said that you voted him in order to "activate" your role or some such and suggested several times that the wolves are probably scared of what you "activated."
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #2512
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I never said it had to be PB I had to vote.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #2513
Autumn
Head Coach

I should be around a bit this afternoon to follow the vote and work on candidates. But right now I'm interested in seeing a new lead candidate and how that shakes things up. So, I'm going to follow Hoops and CR for the moment.

VOTE CLAPHAMSA
Old 05-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #2514
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I never said it had to be PB I had to vote.

But you did say your vote was due to a mechanic, correct?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #2515
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I'm going vote record today. I think Saldana has the worst vote record so I am going to:

again, not much of an argument, my votes on d1 and d2 were horrible...my vote yesterday was solidly good for the village, but that doesnt mean anything...the wolves didnt know who the sympathizer was any more than we did.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #2516
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I can try.

I have an ability that had a certain trigger that needed to be met. Now I'm not saying voting for you was that trigger and to be honest I wanted to go a different way today but Danny wouldn't let me. Things got a little crazier then I expected but the outcome was obviously not only a great one for the village but for me as well.

for Autumn
Old 05-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #2517
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
But you did say your vote was due to a mechanic, correct?

no, I didn't say that. My vote was my own and purely based on my read at the time and who I felt was a likely wolf candidate.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #2518
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
again, not much of an argument, my votes on d1 and d2 were horrible...my vote yesterday was solidly good for the village, but that doesnt mean anything...the wolves didnt know who the sympathizer was any more than we did.

your vote today is also a poor one
Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #2519
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

well, I mentioned it this morning... but I wont be on between 345 and right around deadline ( I actually have a date tonight ) so, dont count on me to reveal to save myself or anythign also, dont vote for me, im a good guy

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #2520
hoopsguy
General Manager

Clap, congrats on the date.

Are you suggesting you are not revealing now, or that you won't be revealing at all today?

If you are a good guy, then who is "railroading/Lathuming" you today now that Pass is not around?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #2521
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I'm heading out tonight for a date. I won't be back until after lynch, but I do suspect I might be able to make an appearance between 5:30 and 6.

Anyway, I wonder why hoops isn't getting more pressure from yesterday's votes by our Sympathizer. So I'm going to push the hoops button.

Vote hoopsguy

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #2522
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not sure why hoops is getting votes. I think Saldana is a better candidate.

If Saldana = Wolf that is good for hoops, if Saldana=Villager thats bad for hoops. I'm not sure the reverse is true.

And I don't have a date tonight. I will be working on the 2 ten page research papers I have due next week in addition to all my other work.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #2523
Danny
Head Coach

All of you have dates tonight, a date with destiny and your destiny is to be here for lynch!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #2524
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clap, congrats on the date.

Are you suggesting you are not revealing now, or that you won't be revealing at all today?

If you are a good guy, then who is "railroading/Lathuming" you today now that Pass is not around?
I wont be around to reveal if need be

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #2525
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
All of you have dates tonight, a date with destiny and your destiny is to be here for lynch!
yeah, its a rarity for me! i got no skillz!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #2526
Danny
Head Coach

Just remember you're the man!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #2527
Autumn
Head Coach

Not even bow hunting skills?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #2528
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Just remember you're the man!

It is easy to get confused on a date.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #2529
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

So does that mean you COULD reveal if you were here?
Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #2530
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So does that mean you COULD reveal if you were here?

Actually.. don't answer that.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #2531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just talk a lot about werewolf and FOFC. She'll eat it up.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #2532
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Clap, if we are making a really poor lynch here then it probably makes sense to try and persuade now rather than just saying "don't lynch me, I'm out at deadline".

Obviously we want to get a wolf.
Obviously if we miss not all villagers are equal.

So, help us make a better choice if you are a wrong one. Convince us why you are a wrong one. And, if you are feeling really frisky, help build a case for voting another direction rather than just leaving an unexplained vote on another candidate.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #2533
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im sure she will :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #2534
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Not even bow hunting skills?
bow hunting? I shot a bow once..... I prefer an AR 15

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #2535
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just talk a lot about werewolf and FOFC. She'll eat it up.

Agreed. Make sure to mention to mention how awesome the Dungeon game that Abe ran was. If possible spend atleast all of the meal you have together describing that game.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #2536
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clap, if we are making a really poor lynch here then it probably makes sense to try and persuade now rather than just saying "don't lynch me, I'm out at deadline".

Obviously we want to get a wolf.
Obviously if we miss not all villagers are equal.

So, help us make a better choice if you are a wrong one. Convince us why you are a wrong one. And, if you are feeling really frisky, help build a case for voting another direction rather than just leaving an unexplained vote on another candidate.

well by my voting record im a great lynch but im not a wolf

was that convincing?

dont know what else to say, Ive voted badly, I still dont get the argument on EF..... but he turned up bad.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #2537
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Agreed. Make sure to mention to mention how awesome the Dungeon game that Abe ran was. If possible spend atleast all of the meal you have together describing that game.
didnt play in it

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #2538
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

In all seriousness though I update my girlfriend every night on how the games are going.....she actually brings it up most of the time. Weird that she actually takes interest in this shit.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #2539
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

it seems wierd to me that we have so little info at this point in the game, but I guess its only been 4 days just 10 days worth of posts!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #2540
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In all seriousness though I update my girlfriend every night on how the games are going.....she actually brings it up most of the time. Weird that she actually takes interest in this shit.
lucky

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #2541
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

And, don't just tell her about it. Show her. I'd suggest using your food to represent all the characters, or perhaps mold into a map of the dungeon.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #2542
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
didnt play in it

even better, just tell her how awesome it was to read along with it!

see if she has an iphone and can bring it up?

Or whip out your Iphone and just be like, wait a sec, I gotta check werewolf, it's almost deadline!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #2543
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
it seems wierd to me that we have so little info at this point in the game, but I guess its only been 4 days just 10 days worth of posts!

Keep the posts coming, I want to make the top 10!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #2544
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I often tell my wife about WW exploits.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #2545
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Keep the posts coming, I want to make the top 10!

you could go the Abe route and just not have anyone die for a week.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #2546
Danny
Head Coach

I tell my wife about the game, it's one of the kinds of games she doesn't mind me playing, just as long as I am not on here when she gets home
Old 05-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #2547
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
you could go the Abe route and just not have anyone die for a week.

That's a good idea
Old 05-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #2548
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I tell my wife about the game, it's one of the kinds of games she doesn't mind me playing, just as long as I am not on here when she gets home

my wife actually played in a few games but it wasn't her thing.

I actually remember one game Saldana came to visit and all 3 of us were playing in the game. It was interesting trying to skirt the issue.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #2549
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
And, don't just tell her about it. Show her. I'd suggest using your food to represent all the characters, or perhaps mold into a map of the dungeon.

Oh and bring along the dice so you can show her how the combat worked, or atleast how you figured it worked while you were reading along.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #2550
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I often tell my wife about WW exploits.

My wife requests updates whenever she's having a hard time falling asleep.