Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Decent speed and defense, but Shields is a fringe major league with maybe moderate power. Horrible pick for St. Pete. NY's third player.

Huge contract, huge ability. Roberts is one of the league's best. Boston probably left him open for salary relief like I did with Gibbs. Second Boston player. Roberts had an awful year last year (by his standards), but he hit .280-33-90 two years ago.

I did for the defense. I'm expecting to pick up a free agent or two to compensate. I don't expect him to start.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #52
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
11th Round
---
Seattle: Charles Lane, 1B, Hartford
St. Pete: Greg Reid, CF, Hartford

Heh...muns offered Reid to me for Tippett before I came back with a prospect instead. Reid can hit for power and play a decent OF. He will be solid. I would have taken him myself if I didn't have several players like him.

Power at a premium here. Lane also can hit the snot out of the ball. He can play at the bigs this year, but could use another year at AAA. Not on muns' prospect list. Hartford now ties Ann Arbor and Colorado for most players gone at 4.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #53
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I did for the defense. I'm expecting to pick up a free agent or two to compensate. I don't expect him to start.

Oh, yeah, I know every player you pick, you have a good reason for. But it's fun to nag.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

12th Round
---
St. Pete: Charles Edwards, 3B, Ann Arbor
Seattle: Jack Johnston, RP, Hartford

13th Round
---
Seattle: Pete Richardson, RP, New York
St. Pete: Miguel Valentin, SP, Valdosta

14th Round
----
St. Pete: Dan Berry, 1B, Rio Grande
Seattle: Adrian Esquivel, CL, Hartford
Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #55
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hartford is at 6 players. Can't lose anyone else. And yes, I'm watching what the AI does to ensure they don't violate our rules.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
12th Round
---

13th Round
---

14th Round
----

I had to search to figure out who Valentin even was. Enjoy Tim Wakefield I guess DC
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:38 AM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

15th Round
---
Seattle: Eric Bailey, RP, Colorado
St. Pete: Bob Reese, C, Ann Arbor

PLAYERS TAKEN AFTER 15 ROUNDS

---
Hartford 6
Ann Arbor 6

Colorado 5
New York 4
Valdosta 3
Boston 2
Rio Grande 2
Texas 1
LBI 1

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-08-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

16th Round
----
St. Pete: Bill Rabinovich, 2B, Brooklyn
Seattle: Dan Ellis, RP, Colorado

Colorado is at 6 now.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #59
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
12th Round
---

13th Round
---

14th Round
----

Making sure I can't keep up, eh?

St. Pete

Edwards is a good power prospect. Has a ways to go. #15 on Ann Arbor's prospect list. ANN has five players gone now.

Valentin is a soft tossing pitch to contact pitcher. Alan's #13 prospect. Third player from VAL.

Berry is a sweet, contact hitting 1B, Rio's #5 prospect. Terrific get here. Should have gone sooner.

Seattle

Johnston is a nice looking relief prospect. Probably can pitch in the bigs this year. #5 Hartford prospect. And #5 Hartford player.

Esquivel isn't ranked with Hartford, but he looks solid as a future closer. Long way from the bigs. The last Hartford player.

Finishing off the run on relievers is Richardson. Another solid player, can play this year. NY's fourht player taken.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #60
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

17th Round
----
Seattle: Bo Miller, RP, Boston
St. Pete: Cullen Mitchell, SP, Baltimore
Old 07-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #61
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I had to search to figure out who Valentin even was. Enjoy Tim Wakefield I guess DC

Heh...read what I wrote about him above.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #62
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Making sure I can't keep up, eh?

St. Pete

Edwards is a good power prospect. Has a ways to go. #15 on Ann Arbor's prospect list. ANN has five players gone now.

Valentin is a soft tossing pitch to contact pitcher. Alan's #13 prospect. Third player from VAL.

Berry is a sweet, contact hitting 1B, Rio's #5 prospect. Terrific get here. Should have gone sooner.

Seattle

Johnston is a nice looking relief prospect. Probably can pitch in the bigs this year. #5 Hartford prospect. And #5 Hartford player.

Esquivel isn't ranked with Hartford, but he looks solid as a future closer. Long way from the bigs. The last Hartford player.

Finishing off the run on relievers is Richardson. Another solid player, can play this year. NY's fourht player taken.

No, I love the pbp. I was trying to make it easier to get it over with faster.

You're keeping me awake doing this. Hehe...it's pretty painful otherwise. Like dumpster diving for baseball.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 AM   #63
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think chief and I are the two old guys from the muppet show that sat up in the balcony criticizing everything that anyone did.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #64
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
15th Round
---
Seattle: Eric Bailey, RP, Colorado
St. Pete: Bob Reese, C, Ann Arbor

PLAYERS TAKEN AFTER 15 ROUNDS

---
Hartford 6
Ann Arbor 6

Colorado 5
New York 4
Valdosta 3
Boston 2
Rio Grande 2
Texas 1
LBI 1

Bailey is a young player, but he was surplus to requirements. I don't mind him being taken. 4.82 ERA last year, but 2.44 year before. Could pan out. Decent ratings.

Last Ann Arbor player I believe. Reese is a good talent. He can hit and defend. At least two years away. He wasn't on ANN's prospect list, but geuss who is? Cofield, picked early in the draft, was #2 on their list. Ouch.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #65
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

18th Round
---
St. Pete: Julio Cruz, RP, Valdosta
Seattle: Francisco Mendez, RP, Valdosta
Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
18th Round
---

Mendez called and told me that he was hurt that you didn't want him back.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #67
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

19th Round
---
Seattle: Jesus Acevedo, RP, Brooklyn
St. Pete: Nick Paul, 3B, Long Beach Island
Old 07-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #68
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Mendez called and told me that he was hurt that you didn't want him back.

Not at that salary.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #69
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
17th Round
----
Seattle: Bo Miller, RP, Boston
St. Pete: Cullen Mitchell, SP, Baltimore

I was about to say I am not sure Bo Miller can make it in the bigs, when I saw he's a 4-year vet. Go figure. Let's say he is outplaying his ratings. Like Bailey--4.88 ERA last year for BOS, 2.47 for HAR two years ago. muns, you had him on the 'roids, didn't ya?

Mitchell's pitches move like chopsticks, but he can throw them anywhere he wants and pretty fast, too. Not sure what to make of that talent set. 3-5, 3.76 last year, as a part time starter and reliever.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:52 AM   #70
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I love the pbp. I was trying to make it easier to get it over with faster.

You're keeping me awake doing this. Hehe...it's pretty painful otherwise. Like dumpster diving for baseball.

Ha! We do what we can. But Alan's right. We're both codgy old timers who really don't care who's feelings get hurt, lol.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #71
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
16th Round
----
St. Pete: Bill Rabinovich, 2B, Brooklyn
Seattle: Dan Ellis, RP, Colorado

Colorado is at 6 now.

Oops, missed this.

Rabinovich is a speedy, defensive middle infielder with good contact and gap ability. I like it. He was 'meh' last year in his rookie year with BRK, but he only got 118 ABs.

Ellis is the final COL player. He has control like Greg Maddux and the speed of my grandma. Still, looks like he can pitch in the bigs next year. SEA is assembling an "arsenal" of punch-and-judy pitchers. Watch out, that fastball might raise a bruise!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #72
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

20th Round
---
St. Pete: Tom Reed, 1B, Boston
Seattle: Gabriel Correa, RP, Rio Grande
Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #73
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Check my work.

Hartford 6
Ann Arbor 6
Colorado 6
Valdosta 5
New York 4
Boston 4
Rio Grande 3
Texas 1
LBI 2
Brooklyn 2
Baltimore 1
Old 07-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #74
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
18th Round
---

It's a run on Alan's bullpen.

Actually, they're both pretty damn good, especially Cruz. What, you got relievers to spare, Alan? Cruz had a 3.51 ERA last year, while "Slinky" Mendez has neevr had higher than a 4.00 ERA in four years, and saved 31 for DC's StL squad in 1962.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #75
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

That might be it on VAL. I didn't keep track. At most one more.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 AM   #76
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

21st Round
---
Seattle: Nolan Thomas, RP, Boston
St. Pete: Wade Bennett, SP, Valdosta
Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's a run on Alan's bullpen.

Actually, they're both pretty damn good, especially Cruz. What, you got relievers to spare, Alan? Cruz had a 3.51 ERA last year, while "Slinky" Mendez has neevr had higher than a 4.00 ERA in four years, and saved 31 for DC's StL squad in 1962.

Mendez was overpaid so I didn't protect him. I signed him before I understood how the feeder leagues would work or I wouldn't have ever signed him. He is a decent pitcher, but like what DC said, not for that price in this league where there are so many young stars.

Cruz was actually #32 or #33 on my protect list and missed out simply because I figured that Relievers would be more expendable than other positions. As Cruz was my 5th best reliever, he didn't make the cut, but my pitching staff was one of the best in the league also.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #78
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
19th Round
---
Seattle: Jesus Acevedo, RP, Brooklyn
St. Pete: Nick Paul, 3B, Long Beach Island

Acevedo is 28! Wow, in this league, that's ancient. He can pitch in the bigs, but he is sorta on the fringe. He dominated AA last year for BRK.

Paul hasn't started regularly since 1963, but he is a solid line drive hitter who is a very good defender at 3B. Hit over .300 two of the last three seasons (but last year's doesn't really count; 69 ABs).

Old 07-08-2008, 01:03 AM   #79
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

22nd Round
---
St. Pete: Joe Haney, OF, Boston
Seattle: Anastasio Lopez, SS, New York

Valdosta and Boston are at 6. New York is at 5.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:03 AM   #80
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
21st Round
---

Bah.. I was hoping before my 6 players were picked that one or two other people I really wanted to be picked would be.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #81
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
20th Round
---
St. Pete: Tom Reed, 1B, Boston
Seattle: Gabriel Correa, RP, Rio Grande

Tom Reed's a terrific looking prospect and yet he's only #19 on BOS's list. Huh...Boston must have quite the farm system. Might be it for Boston, or close anyway. Did Charleston get to protect its entire roster?

Correa is a soft toss sinkerballer type. He did really well last year, 2.50 ERA. Really, though, SEA needs to stop picking freakin' relievers.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #82
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

23rd Round
---
Seattle: Jorge Ayala, SP, Rio Grande
St. Pete: Nick Burnett, 2B, Rio Grande

Rio Grande is now at 5 players selected.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #83
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mendez was overpaid so I didn't protect him. I signed him before I understood how the feeder leagues would work or I wouldn't have ever signed him. He is a decent pitcher, but like what DC said, not for that price in this league where there are so many young stars.

Cruz was actually #32 or #33 on my protect list and missed out simply because I figured that Relievers would be more expendable than other positions. As Cruz was my 5th best reliever, he didn't make the cut, but my pitching staff was one of the best in the league also.

Yeah, I made a few Mendez mistakes. Unfrotunately, only Gibbs was taken, and he was the only one who wasn't a mistake.

Well, Hendricks is pretty good (that's why I protected him).

Old 07-08-2008, 01:07 AM   #84
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, heading to bed now that my roster has been picked through!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:07 AM   #85
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Tom Reed's a terrific looking prospect and yet he's only #19 on BOS's list. Huh...Boston must have quite the farm system. Might be it for Boston, or close anyway. Did Charleston get to protect its entire roster?

Correa is a soft toss sinkerballer type. He did really well last year, 2.50 ERA. Really, though, SEA needs to stop picking freakin' relievers.

Charleston just doesn't have any prospects is what it is. And what prospects they do, Ben wisely protected it seems.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #86
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
21st Round
---

Thomas is a nice looking closer prospect. DC, I think you need to stop SEA taking relief pitchers.

Bennett's another soft tosser, but he has good talent. He's a ways away from the bigs. #19 overall on Alan's list. And Alan is done.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:10 AM   #87
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

24th Round
---
St. Pete: Wu-shun Gang, 2B, Brooklyn
Seattle: Willie Reed, C, Texas
Old 07-08-2008, 01:11 AM   #88
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Thomas is a nice looking closer prospect. DC, I think you need to stop SEA taking relief pitchers.

Bennett's another soft tosser, but he has good talent. He's a ways away from the bigs. #19 overall on Alan's list. And Alan is done.

The AI is really stupid. I've seen this in my solo leagues too. It'll take a ton of relievers if you let it. I didn't step in yet, given that the team has all of St. George's minors to fall back on, but I am watching to make sure they don't take players from other teams that are already protected.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:13 AM   #89
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
22nd Round
---
St. Pete: Joe Haney, OF, Boston
Seattle: Anastasio Lopez, SS, New York

Valdosta and Boston are at 6. New York is at 5.

Haney is a good CON hitter with decent speed. Great arm in RF. Hit .284 with 10 SBs in 331 ABs last year for BOS. So BOS's done.

Lopez is NY's #16 prospect. Very good defensively, some speed and a nice GAP hitter. He has utility infielder written all over him. At least he's not a reliever. And he's better than Marvin Shields.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #90
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

25th Round
---
Seattle: Antonio Guerra, 2B, Baltimore
St. Pete: Steve Leonard, 1B, Texas

PLAYERS LOST
Hartford 6
Ann Arbor 6
Colorado 6
Valdosta 6
Boston 6
New York 5
Rio Grande 5
Texas 3
LBI 2
Brooklyn 3
Baltimore 2
Old 07-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #91
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

26th Round
---
St. Pete: Amelio Guillen, SP, El Paso
Seattle: Bobby Martin, 1B, El Paso
Old 07-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #92
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
23rd Round
---
Seattle: Jorge Ayala, SP, Rio Grande
St. Pete: Nick Burnett, 2B, Rio Grande

Rio Grande is now at 5 players selected.

Hmm. I'll be honest, not sure what DC's going for in Burnett. Very fast. Solid, but not great defensively. #13 on RIO's prospect lsit, but he looks as good as he's going to get, which is AAAA. Maybe the MI positions are slim pickings.

Ayala's a solid talent, but probably back end of the rotation. Didn't make it onto RIO's prospect list.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #93
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Charleston just doesn't have any prospects is what it is. And what prospects they do, Ben wisely protected it seems.

Yeah, yeah (handshake deal) wink, wink.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:18 AM   #94
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The AI is really stupid. I've seen this in my solo leagues too. It'll take a ton of relievers if you let it. I didn't step in yet, given that the team has all of St. George's minors to fall back on, but I am watching to make sure they don't take players from other teams that are already protected.

Yeah, I am seeing that. Well, at least there won't be a run on relievers from SEA in FA. Of course, maybe that's the problem--there will still be a run.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #95
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

27th Round
---
Seattle: Alberto Sanchez, 1B, Brooklyn
St. Pete: Patrick Hamilton, 1B, New York
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
24th Round
---
St. Pete: Wu-shun Gang, 2B, Brooklyn
Seattle: Willie Reed, C, Texas

Wu-shun Gang? Coolest name eva. Otherwise, he's sorta like Bennett.

Willie Reed is a power-hitting catcher with good defensive skills. Best SEA pick in a long while. .200-9-55 (46 CON, so he ain't winnin' no batting titles). Hit .253 with 21 HRs two years ago. Making over $6 M.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #97
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

28th Round
---
St. Pete: Albert Vance, C, Texas
Seattle: John O'Keggan, CF, Rio Grande
Old 07-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #98
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
25th Round
---
Seattle: Antonio Guerra, 2B, Baltimore
St. Pete: Steve Leonard, 1B, Texas

PLAYERS LOST
Hartford 6
Ann Arbor 6
Colorado 6
Valdosta 6
Boston 6
New York 5
Rio Grande 5
Texas 3
LBI 2
Brooklyn 3
Baltimore 2

Billy Beane would love Leonard. Can't make contact worth a lick, but he has GAP and fence power and good discipline. He can play in the bigs if DC doesn't mind the .185 average.

Gotta love a guy whose name is translated as "Tony War". Mr. War has about as much punch as the Barbados militia, though. Not going to help SEA much.
.209-3-24 last year in BAL. Career year.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #99
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
26th Round
---
St. Pete: Amelio Guillen, SP, El Paso
Seattle: Bobby Martin, 1B, El Paso

Forgot El Paso was in the league.

Guillen is "meh". EP won't miss him.

Pickings are clearly getting slim. Martin can hit for some power. Looks like a career backup.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #100
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

29th Round
---
Seattle: Steve Mueller, OF, Chicago
St. Pete: Tim Valentine, 1B, Chicago