Some very interesting developments.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:10 AM   #352
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush

Sucks we're dead.. gotta view from above...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #353
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

If you were a good politician, you would continue to deny that you are a werewolf.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:13 AM   #354
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
If you were a good politician, you would continue to deny that you are a werewolf.

Nobody has ever accused George W Bush of being a good politician.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #355
rkmsuf
Head Coach

lynched, that's no way to go
Old 06-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #356
KWhit
Coordinator

Here are the different things that GWB said while he was still alive in the game. Some interesting stuff here (my comments are italic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB Before he was lynched
  • can we lynch Jeeber yet?
  • yep, the werewolves would be the quiet, sneaky guys. who havent we heard from yet?
  • I also subscribe to the werewolf laying low theory, so there are a few options. But by his mysteriously late appearance, I vote for Eaglesfan as well. Something appears to be going on here.
  • (to Eaglesfan) Spoken like a true werewolf. We all knew Jeeber was a werewolf, so that must mean you're one. Right?
  • It's kind of suspicious that Lathum hasn't changed his vote from Eaglesfan to Condors. Wouldn't he try to protect himself if he knew Condors wasn't a werewolf? Maybe he knows something we don't.
  • I still have my suspicions about Eaglesfan, but:
    Unvote Eaglesfan
    Vote Lathum
    (Note that at this point, many people have changed their vote from Lathum to Condors. I wonder why GWB didn't join them if he were going to switch his vote)
  • By my count, the vote is like this:
BrianD - Lathum

Lathum - Condors
Eaglesfan - Lathum
George W Bush - Lathum
Warhammer - Lathum
KevinNU7 - Condors
Mustang - Condors
KWhit - Condors
Fonzie- Lathum
Condors- Lathum
Desnudo- BrianD

So its 6-4-1. What if someone switches and its a tie? We get to have two lynchings?

• oops. Shouldn't have switched my vote from Eaglesfan. If it wasn't one, it's gotta be the other.
  • kind of seems like the killing of Desnudo is too obvious for BrianD to be a werewolf. Perhaps it really is Condors and he's trying to throw us off.
  • Yeah, seems like it would be right up his (EagleFan's) alley. Then again, maybe he and BrianD are both werewolves, and knew that you'd see through it, deflecting suspicion of BrianD. Lots of mind games going on. Seems like Eaglesfan is having a long nap after eating Desnudo. And don't forget that he has the same role Jeeber had, and a good number of us were suspicious of Jeeber. EF was on my list yesterday, and this is starting to make sense.
  • I think the people who voted for Condors were Mustang, KevinNU7, and KWhit. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't?
  • Nobody was overly vocal about voting for Condors, but Mustang said he had to "protect" and unvote for Lathum. Could have viewed Lathum on the first night.
  • (To Eaglesfan) too much of the other werewolf howling in your ear?
  • nope, just trying to figure out who the seer is to gain some knowledge on their votes. I agree above about the switches to Condors, so that's my vote.
    Vote Condors
  • Well I come back to a lynching, how nice. 2 innocent villagers in a row. After re-reading the thread, and especially Condors' comment about actions and not words, I am changing my vote.
    Unvote Condors
    Vote BrianD
    The fact that both people who voted BrianD last night are now dead, and his comment above about the dissenting votes is telling. It's almost as if he's plotting to take out the dissenters.

Last edited by KWhit : 06-23-2005 at 11:35 AM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #357
KWhit
Coordinator

GWB was on Jeeber's and the EagleFan's case from the start. I think he was too vocal toward them if that was the other werewolf.

He actions toward condors, though, are interesting. I'm not sure what I think of that yet.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:39 AM   #358
KevinNU7
College Starter

Well I've been going with Condors all game long but I will sit back adn wait until the end. If there's enough votes against me I may not even bother
Old 06-23-2005, 11:43 AM   #359
Joe
Pro Starter

hmm... interesting indeed.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #360
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Well I've been going with Condors all game long but I will sit back adn wait until the end. If there's enough votes against me I may not even bother
*sneaking in*

Except of course for the times you wanted to lynch Lathum (1st) and Eaglesfan (2nd). Which makes the following quote of yours showing GWB's (a proven werewolf) voting pattern very interesting:

"If you think I am the other the wolf then I have a question for you, why would the wolves vote seperately in the first round GWB for Lathum and me for Condors and then together in round 2 (both for Condors before GWB changed it to Eaglesfan)? Seems to me they'd stay seperate to make them harder to detect."

Looks like some flip-flopping for strategy purposes. I think you kids have yerselves a furry here.

*sneaks out*

Last edited by NoMyths : 06-23-2005 at 11:47 AM.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #361
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Completely off topic, but I was hoping GWB would have a post:

"I am the werewolf! Coo-coo-ca-choo!"
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:13 PM   #362
timmynausea
College Starter

Hm... So the wolves are a guy named George W. Bush and a total flip-flopper. Rock the vote.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:18 PM   #363
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
Hm... So the wolves are a guy named George W. Bush and a total flip-flopper. Rock the vote.

There is no "." in my name!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:48 PM   #364
KWhit
Coordinator

I think GWB's comments point to condors. He only voted for condors after a few others had voted that way too. And he seemed to be trying to protect him earlier in the thread.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:15 PM   #365
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Then why would BrianD be so adamant that KevinNU is the wolf, and if Kevin is not the wolf, why did he become unhinged in dealing with the allegations?

I stand by my earlier assessment, either KevinNU or BrianD is the wolf. Perhaps some info on what Mustang's other candidates for the wolf would be of some help.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:17 PM   #366
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well after a long sleep induced by Nyquil, I'm catching up with developments. First, I think that the role of either villager or werewolf should be revealed on death. I don't think seer/hunter/sorceror should be revealed as these aren't going to morph, but it doesn't bother me too much if they are.

Now as to this game, some interesting developments. I think this is an easy vote, but I'm going to review everything one more time just to be sure.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:18 PM   #367
KevinNU7
College Starter

I became frustrated because it is so obvious to me that the seer would immediately say who the second wolf was after the first wolf is dead. That did not happen yet people were still voting for me when it was obvious that the seer must have looked at me last night. Then later on BrianD says he is teh seer. It's all to convenient for him.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:21 PM   #368
KevinNU7
College Starter

Ok, I think I'm leaving in a few minutes so I'll throw out my vote for my main man again

I vote for Condors
Old 06-23-2005, 01:24 PM   #369
Warhammer
Pro Starter

That is part of the reason why I voted for you, because I think condors may be the seer, and he immediately voted for you after first wolf was destroyed. BrianD could also be calling out that he is the seer to distract the wolf from the actual seer.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #370
Joe
Pro Starter

I am the werewolf! Coo-coo-ca-choo!
Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #371
Joe
Pro Starter

nice collection of my quotes, btw. I hope its helpful.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:51 PM   #372
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Man.. this is rough reading and not being able to assist.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #373
KWhit
Coordinator

As far as the question of BrianD and KevinNU7 goes... I was leaning toward believing that BrianD was a werewolf, not the seer.

But, then KevinNU7 votes for condors??? That seems strange to me.

I know he has been saying he thinks condors is the wolf for a while, but BrianD has said, "KevinNU is the werewolf, everyone vote for him to end the game."

If that were said about me, I think I'd want to vote against that person - especially if I knew that it was a lie.

But Kevin stayed with condors. That may mean that Kevin is the seer and condors really is the wolf.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:15 PM   #374
Warhammer
Pro Starter

But Kevin has not really given us any reason to believe condors is the wolf. Why would GWB vote for condors before the end was in doubt, so to speak.

Now is the wolf BrianD or KevinNU is a better question. I think it is telling that condors, without any other words voted immediately for KevinNU. That is important, if you are the seer, you do not want to give it away, and even if you say you are the seer, people may not believe you. Alternatively, he could be the sorceror, and trying to throw us off the trail of BrianD.

Last edited by Warhammer : 06-23-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:14 PM   #375
KWhit
Coordinator

I guess we should assume that BrianD is telling the truth. Coming right out and saying you're the seer is very dangerous. He should know that if we follow his advice by voting for KevinNU and it turns out he was lying, then he's gotta be next. So a smart player would never make such a bold statement unless it were true. Right?

So... I vote KevinNU
Old 06-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #376
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I keep trying to analyze this and overanalyze this. However, KWhit just said it best. There is no reason that BrianD should have lied as if he did, he is certainly the next to die.

Therefore, I vote KevinNU7
Old 06-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #377
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I keep trying to analyze this and overanalyze this. However, KWhit just said it best. There is no reason that BrianD should have lied as if he did, he is certainly the next to die.

Therefore, I vote KevinNU7

All I know is I want to be eaten next game.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:43 PM   #378
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I vote KevinNU7.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:51 PM   #379
KWhit
Coordinator

Kevin better do some fancy talking if he wants to avoid dangling from the ceiling.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:56 PM   #380
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm a little surprised that there is such doubt about my claim of being the seer. I guess this game really does well breeding paranoia. As it is, I believe we now have two votes for KevinNU and one for Condors. Pretty interesting that KevinNU said he wasn't the wolf, so I must be....and then voted for Condors.

I wish I could out the sorcerer, but I haven't seen him yet. If it comes down to it...I could out the hunter...
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #381
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I counted 6 votes for KevinNU... You just better be right, or you're swinging from the ceiling next!

Last edited by Warhammer : 06-23-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:08 PM   #382
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I strongly suspect he is right.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:20 PM   #383
Joe
Pro Starter

[quote=BrianD

I wish I could out the sorcerer, but I haven't seen him yet.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? I thought I saw the sorcerer helping me before I got lynched.. or was that a wolf?

Old 06-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #384
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

[quote=George W Bush]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD

I wish I could out the sorcerer, but I haven't seen him yet.[/QUOTE

Are you sure about that? I thought I saw the sorcerer helping me before I got lynched.. or was that a wolf?

I'm a little surprised KevinNU didn't claim to be the sorcerer. That would provide a pretty good explanation on why his votes were in line with those of GWB. The real sorcerer would have known he was lying, but probably wouldn't have said anything since they are on the same side. I'm not sure if this would have been enough to shift the votes off of him, but it might have been interesting.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #385
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It's almost time !!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:04 PM   #386
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well the voting today was pretty quiet, it seems that most of you had someone in mind.

KevinNU7 (6) - Kwhit, Eaglesfan, Fonzie, BrianD, condors, warhammer
Condors (1) - KevinNU7

You all soberly decide to string Kevin up, this time being ready for any shenanigans. When your victim starts transforming into a werewolf you are ready, hitting him over the head and finishing the job. You've killed the second werewolf!

Game Over - Villagers Win!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #387
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

This was a cool game to watch!
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:10 PM   #388
Peregrine
Pro Starter

List of roles

Peregrine - killed Night 1 (innkeeper)
KWhit - Villager
BrianD - Seer
Eaglesfan27 - Hunter
Fonzie - Villager
KevinNU7 - Lynched Day 3 (werewolf)
George W Bush - Lynched Day 2 (werewolf)
Mustang - killed Night 3 (villager)
Condors - Sorceror
Warhammer - Villager
Desnudo - killed Night 2 (villager)
Lathum - Lynched Day 1 (villager)

Good job guys! I was pretty surprised how quickly everyone turned against GWB, I thought the wolves were doing pretty well, but their voting patterns were a bit too in sync and I think that's what gave them away. The one way this game was different than most I've seen is that people generally picked someone to lynch and everyone piled on, instead of there being a lot of back and forth, several different people being suggested, etc. Live and learn I guess, this was the first game for everyone. The analysis was getting a lot better by the end of the game!
Old 06-23-2005, 06:20 PM   #389
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lets do it again!!!

btw, I voted for Condors. Bastards.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #390
Joe
Pro Starter

Well I was pretty close on the roles. At the time of my death, I had Eaglesfan as the hunter (his early posts led on to that) and Condors as the sorcerer (because of his posts when i was being voted for), but thought Mustang was the seer. 2 out of 3 ain't bad I guess.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:29 PM   #391
Peregrine
Pro Starter

BrianD did a very nice job in disguising himself as the seer, I think. People weren't sure what he was up to.

The next game I'm working on will be a lot bigger (I'm thinking between 16 and 19 players) and should allow several new people and most of the current people. If you're not interested in playing again and you were in this game, let me know. It should be pretty interesting since there will be more stuff going on.

I should have mentioned at the beginning of this game that the more active you can be when posting, the better. It doesn't have to be 20 posts a day or anything, but there were a few people who seemed to just show up, jump on the bandwagon and leave. Of course everyone has different schedules, I realize that. If you guys think changing the lynch time would help people be able to post a bit more, I'd be open to that. For the next game hopefully people will be as active as possible and more individualistic in voting.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:30 PM   #392
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well I was pretty close on the roles. At the time of my death, I had Eaglesfan as the hunter (his early posts led on to that) and Condors as the sorcerer (because of his posts when i was being voted for), but thought Mustang was the seer. 2 out of 3 ain't bad I guess.

I'm a bit confused about how my posts led onto that. I thought I was playing the part of a simple villager fairly well.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:31 PM   #393
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, to be fair, when there is good reasoning, there is no reason not to along with the voting

As previously mentioned, I'm interested in participating again
Old 06-23-2005, 06:32 PM   #394
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I for one am definitely up for the next one!
Old 06-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #395
KWhit
Coordinator

Well done everybody!

I'm game for another round. That was hella fun.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:34 PM   #396
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Also I'd like to hear people's thoughts on whether the next game should be kept on the main board or moved to the dynasty area. I am fine either way.

Quote:
Well, to be fair, when there is good reasoning, there is no reason not to along with the voting

Definitely true. However I would expect there to be more than one line of reasoning at work each time, and which is more convincing?

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-23-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #397
KWhit
Coordinator

Villagers rule!

Werewolves drool!
Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #398
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Me too, this thread was more entertaining than anything I've watched on television for a while.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:37 PM   #399
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm a bit confused about how my posts led onto that. I thought I was playing the part of a simple villager fairly well.

Maybe I was reading to much into your posts, but it was when you were talking about how you would provide the villagers with food and we needed you for survival. Or something to that effect. It appeared to me that you had some kind of special role.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:44 PM   #400
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

This has been a great thread. I want in the next game if possible!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote