Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2005, 06:41 AM   #151
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
It looks like we get at least some clue about the people that are killed, even if we don't get a full role revealed. If ntndeacon had a sword, he was probably not someone we wanted the wolves to eat. He must have had some role in protecting us.

Ah, didn't notice the sword part.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:07 AM   #152
KWhit
Coordinator

If the rumors about knights being in the village are true (and I assume they are), Airhog's comment about "trying to be chivalrous" clearly indicates he wanted us to think he was a knight. Whether he really was a knight - who knows.

Ntndeacon had a sword with him when he died. "He fought back" is the phrase used by Pere, so that could mean a knight or a hunter-type role that we've seen in previous games.

I wonder about the teams. I am not a knight - I am just a simple villager this time around - but I wonder what the knights' agenda is. How are they different from the villagers? Do they have their own agenda? Or is it some sort of power(s) that makes them different from us ordinary villagers?

Last edited by KWhit : 07-06-2005 at 08:11 AM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #153
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I wonder, SirFozzie, how it is that you figure that we have lost two of a faction that we know not for sure whether or not it is even in our village? For I am most peturbed about the thought that our only protection might be mostly, or completely, wiped out.

I am just attempting to apply commonsense to the situation. Is it not unusual for peaceful villagers to carry swords and be able to wield them well enough against a god forsaken monster to blood their sword before dying?

Either Airhog was trying a massive bluff (which I do admit, if it was, it very nearly succeeded as there was a switched vote nearly tying things up at the end) or he was trying to signal that there may be some other faction at work here in the village, offering us possible salvation against the foul weres. I find myself falling on the side that thinks we did a good man wrong last day.

I find it very suspicious that there was a stampede against Airhog with VERY flimsy evidence, and that after Desnudo had changed his vote to prevent Airhog's lynching, that there was a last second vote TO lynch him. VERY suspicious, indeed

But, my vote from the previous day stands. Eaglesfan27 was quick to perpetuate the stampede against Airhog, in fact he switched his vote from me (which is only to be expected, considering I cast the first stone against him), to Airhog, with nary an explanation in his post.

So again, I VOTE FOR EAGLESFAN27
Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 AM   #154
Tigercat
College Starter

Yea, it seems that Airhog's comment is too obviously placed to ignore. i could see why some would want to ignore it thinking he may have been decietful, but based on his behavior the last two games, I am willing to bet that he may have been some kind of protector or knight of some sort. Can the evil factions see someone like that? I'm not sure, but given Airhogs prominence in the last game I would not be surprised if he would be the not so random pick for some sort of first viewing. I also agree that Eaglesfan's role in it was the most suspcious, so for now at least, I vote Eaglesfan27.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
I am just attempting to apply commonsense to the situation. Is it not unusual for peaceful villagers to carry swords and be able to wield them well enough against a god forsaken monster to blood their sword before dying?

Either Airhog was trying a massive bluff (which I do admit, if it was, it very nearly succeeded as there was a switched vote nearly tying things up at the end) or he was trying to signal that there may be some other faction at work here in the village, offering us possible salvation against the foul weres. I find myself falling on the side that thinks we did a good man wrong last day.

I find it very suspicious that there was a stampede against Airhog with VERY flimsy evidence, and that after Desnudo had changed his vote to prevent Airhog's lynching, that there was a last second vote TO lynch him. VERY suspicious, indeed

But, my vote from the previous day stands. Eaglesfan27 was quick to perpetuate the stampede against Airhog, in fact he switched his vote from me (which is only to be expected, considering I cast the first stone against him), to Airhog, with nary an explanation in his post.

So again, I VOTE FOR EAGLESFAN27

Simple explanation - I wanted to stay alive. I had no idea who was a wolf and who wasn't, so I voted for the person who was starting to get votes and who I thought was more likely to be lynched than me or you. It turns out I made a smart move from a self-preservation standpoint. I know that as we gain more information, I will be helpful to the villagers. I hope they don't join in your movement to lynch me as it will be a loss to the village.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:53 AM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

(OOC NOTE: The school got my internet set up today!!! However, as of right now power is still out at home so I'll probably cast a tentative vote when I leave work today in case the power is still out at home.)
Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #157
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Fozzie that is very excellent reasoning indeed. While I am not sure the evidence is much stronger against Eagles, for now that is a very good case indeed and I will once again join you in voting for Eaglesfan.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I know that one of you is just misguided. I hope the others are as well. I also hope you all see the light and change your votes.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #159
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Okay I think it's time to replace Jon and KevinNU7 since they show no signs of coming back. The first two of of our three alternate to PM me get the spots.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #160
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sweet. We should let NoMyths in so that I can vote for him again.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok, my boss isn't coming into work today (due to TS Cindy which packed a fairly good wallop to us in the New Orleans area,) nor are any of my colleagues. Therefore, I'm about to leave for home and hope that power is back on. However, in case it isn't, I'll submit my vote now and hope that you all make the right decision.

I don't have any good reasoning, but I don't think his reasoning for voting to lynch me is sound either. I could be very helpful to the village if I live, and I can only suspect that he is determined to take down the village. I also know that he has a misguided person following his group. Hopefully, they are all misguided and will realize the errors of their ways.

But for now, I vote SirFozzie.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #162
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Sweet. We should let NoMyths in so that I can vote for him again.
Wasn't erroneously eating me the first time around enough?

Sadly, I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until late Sunday, so I had to bow out of this installment. Guess I'll have to settle for the previous win until I get a chance for glory again.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:35 PM   #163
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

HEY! You guys in River's Edge want to keep it quiet? What, with the lynching and the killing.. werewolf can't even enjoy his manor in a little peace and quiet...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #164
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
It looks like we get at least some clue about the people that are killed, even if we don't get a full role revealed. If ntndeacon had a sword, he was probably not someone we wanted the wolves to eat. He must have had some role in protecting us.

I don't think we can necessarily assume that NTNDeacon was good just because he had a sword. The way I read Peregrine's outline is that there are a number of different groups, all with different aims. So it might be possible to be evil and still have a different agenda than the wolves. It doesn't mean he wasn't good, but I don't think we can assume it one way or the other.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I don't think we can necessarily assume that NTNDeacon was good just because he had a sword. The way I read Peregrine's outline is that there are a number of different groups, all with different aims. So it might be possible to be evil and still have a different agenda than the wolves. It doesn't mean he wasn't good, but I don't think we can assume it one way or the other.
Bingo. I had my reasons for NTN and I have the same reasons for my next vote. I am traveling today so I may note be back to vote. I vote for Kevin.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:03 PM   #166
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Why would you be in a rush to vote out a smart guy . I'll be voting later, but unless someone comes up with a more compelling reason it is more likely to be SirFozzie(or someone else) than Eagle at this point.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #167
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

woooo, I have come back to haunt my killer. Die you vile werewolf!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #168
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon

So whom exactly are you haunting?

Old 07-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #169
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
So whom exactly are you haunting?

I vote for Tigercat
Old 07-06-2005, 01:10 PM   #170
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I don't understand - have you been resurrected?
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #171
Desnudo
Coordinator

He's a ghost now
Old 07-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #172
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
I don't understand - have you been resurrected?
Ghosts can vote.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:12 PM   #173
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I just can't comment on any theories and such.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #174
Tigercat
College Starter

A ghost voting for someone from the good side? That makes no sense to me, especially since I can't see Peregrine revealing to the ghosts who killed them when they can vote in this game. Unless NTN is a chaotic voting ghost I think we got lucky, and despite his sword, a badguy was killed.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #175
Tigercat
College Starter

Dola, I just thought of something, perhaps the ghosts behaviors and such are decided for them after they die? If so that would certainly explain that. I must admit though, being an innocent accused as a werewolf by the dead is a bit disturbing, since it is possible in a game where we know nothing that some will take that as a clue, when it is likely the ghost knows as little as we do.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:31 PM   #176
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That is true, I guess we can't speak to his level of goodness. I assumed that having a sword put him in a villager protector role, but I could be wrong about that.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:42 PM   #177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
A ghost voting for someone from the good side? That makes no sense to me, especially since I can't see Peregrine revealing to the ghosts who killed them when they can vote in this game. Unless NTN is a chaotic voting ghost I think we got lucky, and despite his sword, a badguy was killed.
You are %100 correct
Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #178
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder if ntndeacon was able to recognize someone that ate him and that is why he is voting for Tigercat?

Of course ntndeacon could have been either a good human or a bad human trying to implicate the other side. He said he was voting for a wolf, but do we think we are ok to believe a ghost? I see where the chaos comes from...
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #179
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Count me in the camp that is skeptical of NTN's accusation of Tigercat.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #180
Desnudo
Coordinator

I doubt that the ghost knows who ate him. Eventually you'd have a lot of ghosts voting for one or two guys.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #181
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I doubt that the ghost knows who ate him. Eventually you'd have a lot of ghosts voting for one or two guys.

Good point.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #182
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Agreed.

I particularly found Tigercat's responses interesting. I don't know why, but they sounded truthful to me.

Besides, I've never met a trustworthy ghost.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #183
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Agreed.

I particularly found Tigercat's responses interesting. I don't know why, but they sounded truthful to me.

Besides, I've never met a trustworthy ghost.

Not even Caspar?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #184
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

woooo! I'm Dead! I'm Dead!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #185
Peregrine
Pro Starter

At this point kingfc22 will replace KevinNU7 and Fouts will replace Jon. I will PM them their role information and update their names on the lists.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:59 PM   #186
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
woooo! I'm Dead! I'm Dead!

I found this surprisingly funny.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #187
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am glad I amused you. Wooooo!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #188
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
At this point kingfc22 will replace KevinNU7 and Fouts will replace Jon. I will PM them their role information and update their names on the lists.

Hello everyone. I'm really worried about these threats to our village. One can't even make an honest living around here.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:09 PM   #189
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Same here.

I vote Airhog's ghost.

I may not be here before the deadline, so I will vote now.

Uh, I vote Swaggs

Just a hunch. That the voting for someone not in the game could be a way to draw off suspicion.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:10 PM   #190
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Hello everyone. I'm really worried about these threats to our village. One can't even make an honest living around here.

I hear there's plenty of work for the dishonest, however.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #191
Fouts
College Starter

After reading through the thread again, SirFozzie and Tigercat's comments make the most sense.

I vote for Eaglesfan27
Old 07-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #192
Desnudo
Coordinator

I don't see the evidence of Eaglesfan being a wolf. He seems to be the bandwagon choice simply because SirFozzie threw his name in the ring. I am more suspicious of people who accuse at this point in the game than those who are accused. The accusations are always baseless at this point, so it benefits the wolves to stir things up.

Vote SirFozzie

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-06-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:46 PM   #193
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK then

I Vote for King
Old 07-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #194
KWhit
Coordinator

I agree with you Desnudo. I'm also usually more suspicious of the people who start the accusations this early on.

VOTE SirFozzie
Old 07-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #195
KWhit
Coordinator

Any reasoning behind your vote Lathum?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #196
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I don't see the evidence of Eaglesfan being a wolf. He seems to be the bandwagon choice simply because SirFozzie threw his name in the ring. I am more suspicious of people who accuse at this point in the game than those who are accused. The accusations are always baseless at this point, so it benefits the wolves to stir things up.

Vote SirFozzie

Highly suspicious that you vote with Eaglesfan again. I really like how you changed your vote to Eaglesfan after the deadline to throw us off.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #197
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He was just trying to cause a tie.

Hence the vote change shortly before the deadline.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-06-2005 at 02:58 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #198
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
OK then

I Vote for King

This seems a little too random, so I'm guessing there is a reason behind it. For now...

I Vote for King

Last edited by BrianD : 07-06-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #199
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Tigercat.
Vote Swaggs
Old 07-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #200
Swaggs
Coordinator

I suspect that TazFTW is not working in our best interests.

It is early, but there are a few things that point to him. The fact that he publicly questioned Desnudo attempting to tie up the voting to avoid a lynching, which would obviously be to our benefit. And now, he voted for me for a relatively silly reason (no big deal, it's early), but then the ghost, ntndeacon, followed his lead and switched his vote to me after a few other people began to be named by multiple voters (perhaps trying to protect his clan?).

I Vote for TazFTW

Last edited by Swaggs : 07-06-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote