Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

PureSim 2 Holiday Special

{apologies to all for blatant promotion}

For those of you on the fence, that maybe missed the Black Friday sale, PureSim 2 is now on sale for $19.95 through Christmas Day

Remember, you get PureSim 3 FREE when it comes out if you are an owner of PureSim 2!

Here is the link to the Wolverine Web Store

Shaun

Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan View Post
{apologies to all for blatant promotion}

For those of you on the fence, that maybe missed the Black Friday sale, PureSim 2 is now on sale for $19.95 through Christmas Day

Remember, you get PureSim 3 FREE when it comes out if you are an owner of PureSim 2!

Here is the link to the Wolverine Web Store

Shaun
Couldn't pass this up after being on the fence since it came out. Looking forward to getting some play in after Christmas on my vacation!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Couldn't pass this up after being on the fence since it came out. Looking forward to getting some play in after Christmas on my vacation!

You won't be sorry Dan.

Yeah I am now a huge Puresim Fanboy
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Guys if you have been on the fence about buying this game, do it now!

Shaun has been really great about supporting the product, SEVERAL huge patches that have tons of new features, and considering you get the next version for free, this is really a steal.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Don't apologize for busting your butt!!!

Once spring training opens.. I'll be right back into Puresim 2-3!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
Dutch
"Dutch"

I'm finally making the plunge on PureSim2. Hopefully it's a fun sim. As far as I'm concerned I've seen enough positives to warrant the purchase.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
Dutch
"Dutch"

Just took a quick look around and managed one game and couldn't be happier! I'm a fan of OOTP, but PureSim is much simpler to get started than OOTP and the managing aspect seems better (and to me that might just mean faster, but that's what I want). Crisp and clean interface helps a bunch too.

So far, so good!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Just purchased and downloaded. Quick question-

When viewing the team's stats, how come games aren't shown for batters? When viewing the pitchers, why do you list wins, losses, innings pitcher, hits allowed and THEN games, games started, etc.? I know it's picky, but I can't stand when statistics are listed in a funky format. Either follow "standard" practices (see baseball-reference, for example) or allow me to change the columns so I can view stats the way I want to see them. Kudos to allowing us to sort by any column, but I just can't get use to the order.

And hey, sorry for starting off with a negative - the game looks great, this is just the first thing that slapped me in the face as I started a practice sim.

-Craig
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Guys, in case you are not up with PS development we have been deep in a huge beta update phase for a few weeks and getting real close to another official release.

So if you are up for playing with the late stage 2.40 beta more info his in this thread.

Here are the latest 2.40 release notes if you'd rather just read about the changes until it goes official.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #10
Dutch
"Dutch"

I hope you aren't messing with the clean interface too much...or the smooth gameplay for that matter.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I hope you aren't messing with the clean interface too much...or the smooth gameplay for that matter.

Nope, just continuing to improve what's there.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #12
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

needs more management stuff. managers,assistants,stadium building..etc etc

everything else is amazingly cool

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 12-24-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
Flasch186
Coordinator

this is not PS2007 right, that was the iteration before 2...

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
this is not PS2007 right, that was the iteration before 2...

Correct, light years ahead!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #15
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathetic Lurker View Post
needs more management stuff. managers,assistants,stadium building..etc etc

everything else is amazingly cool

I actually like this is not like that this is not like Mogul or the OOTP which has all that stuff.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #16
Flasch186
Coordinator

bouoght it.

getting the next iteration for free makes this a no brainer even if I never load up 2.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
cougarfreak
College Starter

Missed the last promotion but got in on this one. I'm a big OOTP player, but I love supporting independent baseball games. I need to get into an association with Puresim and alternate back and forth between the two games. Looking forward to it...........Thanks for the discount Shaun.
cougarfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #18
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I actually like this is not like that this is not like Mogul or the OOTP which has all that stuff.
+1
Old 12-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #19
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

granted,some dont like all those extra "management" things but if it was possible to add it in as an optional mod for those of us who like that kind of stuff it would be great
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #20
CraigSca
Pro Starter

So, admittedly I'm still on the 2.31 release, so if this has changed I'm late to the party.

However, I just started up a 24 team fictional league, played through a year and I'm now ready to start my second season. At the beginning of the season, the PSPN things lists the most feared hitters in the league. I click on the #1 hitter and he's a utility player for Montreal. That's right, the most feared hitter in the league had a grand total of 163 ABs last year at the age of 31. This year he's on the bench backing up the 25 year old regular CF (whose defensive ratings aren't as good as his) who batted .251 in limited playtime because he was shuttled back and forth between the majors and AAA. Did I mention that my most feared hitter is also pulling in over $19 million per year in salary?

Ok, just to make sure, I just auto-simmed the current season. Our #1 slugger just accumulated 126 ABs in 138 games, with 10 HRs and a .389 average. The guy he played behind actually had a decent year (.296, 25 HRs 91 RBIs in 533 ABs), but should he really play in front of the #1 hitter in the league?

This makes no sense to me, and while no AI is perfect, I wasn't really searching for things like this (I just thought I'd click on the most feared hitter to see what kind of year he had the previous year). However, things like this just kill the immersion for me.
how do you know?

Old 12-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #21
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
So, admittedly I'm still on the 2.31 release, so if this has changed I'm late to the party.

However, I just started up a 24 team fictional league, played through a year and I'm now ready to start my second season. At the beginning of the season, the PSPN things lists the most feared hitters in the league. I click on the #1 hitter and he's a utility player for Montreal. That's right, the most feared hitter in the league had a grand total of 163 ABs last year at the age of 31. This year he's on the bench backing up the 25 year old regular CF (whose defensive ratings aren't as good as his) who batted .251 in limited playtime because he was shuttled back and forth between the majors and AAA. Did I mention that my most feared hitter is also pulling in over $19 million per year in salary?

Ok, just to make sure, I just auto-simmed the current season. Our #1 slugger just accumulated 126 ABs in 138 games, with 10 HRs and a .389 average. The guy he played behind actually had a decent year (.296, 25 HRs 91 RBIs in 533 ABs), but should he really play in front of the #1 hitter in the league?

This makes no sense to me, and while no AI is perfect, I wasn't really searching for things like this (I just thought I'd click on the most feared hitter to see what kind of year he had the previous year). However, things like this just kill the immersion for me.

The pre-season PSPN report only represents predictions that are not perfect. Though that is a bit extreme. Please post stuff like this on the PureSim forums the feedback is valuable and the conversations are a gold mine for me.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #22
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan View Post
The pre-season PSPN report only represents predictions that are not perfect. Though that is a bit extreme. Please post stuff like this on the PureSim forums the feedback is valuable and the conversations are a gold mine for me.

Will do, Shaun! Thanks!
how do you know?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #23
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I am assuming that after the purchase there will be an email with a download link? I purchased yesterday and haven't received one yet, so either it's a CD by mail or they are out of the office for the holiday?
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #24
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
I am assuming that after the purchase there will be an email with a download link? I purchased yesterday and haven't received one yet, so either it's a CD by mail or they are out of the office for the holiday?

I just downloaded it from the wolverine studios website and used the serial no included in the order confirmation email.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #25
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Thanks Jon. I missed the download link on the site.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote