Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I hate my Appliances...

So what is it with Appliances all deciding to die around the same time....Oven went out last month, Dryer just went out tonight and the washer is starting to act up...This sucks...

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Holy shit, that sucks! How old are all the appliances?

You could always make it a game and go 19th century retro
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Holy shit, that sucks! How old are all the appliances?

You could always make it a game and go 19th century retro

Since we are leasing the home the Oven came with it and is probably close to 40 years old LOL...However the landlord has become an ass since he is more than likely losing the place to back taxes and doesn't care, so we told him we are buying one on our own and taking it out of rent, so his rent check for Dec was only $500.

The Dryer is only 6 if that, and the Washer is like 4...I feel the cross country move did not help matters at all...

I could handle one here or there, but all at once....just hurts.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

We have a friends and family sale on the 10th. Basically like 28% off Kenmore appliances retail. Also the HE2 Plus washer Dryer front loaders are like 519each this week.
(Sears)
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Did you see them not working, or is the little woman just looking for new stuff?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Did you see them not working, or is the little woman just looking for new stuff?

I spent a good 2 hours on the Dryer tonight, even to the point of taking the engine apart on it and finding the burned out parts...for the oven, definitely shot...the Washer has been fighting that battle for a while.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I'll say this about Sears: If you go to the store & buy what's in stock, you're good. If not, you may have some difficulty, but the customer service is good.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wish I'd have been more aware of the delivery issues you were having Jon. I could have maybe booked you up with a few phone numbers you shouldn't have. .

I know delivery can be awful cunty. Generally if you make the store associates aware of a problem they will try to get it made right for you. Salespeople are the only asset the company has left. Too bad they've lost a lot of good people over the past couple years.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #9
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I wish I'd have been more aware of the delivery issues you were having Jon. I could have maybe booked you up with a few phone numbers you shouldn't have. .

I know delivery can be awful cunty. Generally if you make the store associates aware of a problem they will try to get it made right for you. Salespeople are the only asset the company has left. Too bad they've lost a lot of good people over the past couple years.

My problem started in that I knew what I wanted (pretty specifically, actually!) and the website constantly showed that it was out of stock, with an expected in stock date of 2-3 weeks. So I just ordered online. When the delivery date came, I got a call saying that it was out of stock. They would send me a $100 check for my trouble (received supposedly in 10 days.) A month later & no check. After two times calling to check where the computers were down I finally got someone who told me I had to deal directly with delivery. After over 1/2 hour on hold I gave up, called back & canceled the order. I then bought me a used dishwasher for $100!