Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #551
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Hoops, you have this line backwards. Racer voted Path for that reason.

Thanks. I'm surprised I don't have more of them backwards, since that format is flipping around the way I have stuff listed in the vote tally.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #552
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
If it wasn't your very first game, I'd vote you for this.

Reason is this -- it strikes of a wolf pretending to be surprised they're still around. Unless you're a seer or something (and please don't say so if you are!!!) very new players are unlikely wolf targets. They'd probably think that you're confused enough so there's no harm in keeping you around.

Here's the best reasoning I see for voting Mrs. Schmidty. Do the people voting her really think she's a wolf in her first game trying a ploy of being surprised they're still around. It strikes me as WAY more like someone just happy not to have died early in her first game.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #553
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Throw a ? at the end of the second sentence in my last post.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #554
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Maybe fix some pronouns, too.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #555
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, I see the Mrs Schmidty votes as a bit of a reach.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #556
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I actually see 5 or possibly 6 of the current 11 votes as being "Reaches"
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #557
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I've been waiting to see where Render and Eaglefan both chose to go with their vote (in addition to Racer who threw away his vote seemingly so far). With it being father's day, I'm not sure when I'll be on later today so need to get a vote in now just in case. Going to continue with my previous comments to see what happens.

Vote Eaglefan
Old 06-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #558
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is what I see as the current vote count:

4) Eaglefan - Path12 (474), Chief Rum (540), Henry296 (545), Alan T (557)
2) Chief Rum - Mrs.schmidty (536), claphamsa (543)
2) Mrs.Schmidty - Kwhit (475), oliegirl (550)
1) Render - PurdueBrad (404)
1) Path12 - Racer (503)
1) PurdueBrad - hoopsguy (523)
1) Claphamsa - Axxon (541)

I fully expect Eaglefan to come to vote to save himself, and I fully expect Render to come try to help save Eaglefan too.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #559
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Why does Chief seem like a good spot to get started?

I think this is the same question I wanted to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
lack of better option...

I realy like henrys reasoning, but... i dont wanna change 30 min after voting./ dont worry all ill be aroudn all day!

Why is there no better option? You are saying in a game with 17 choices to pick from, your best option without any evidence one way or another is to go for the player who was voted recently as the best villager player in our WW games?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #560
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

My hunch is that he's saving ef.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #561
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I dont like the Cheif votes or the Mrs. Schmidty votes at all. Mrs. Schmidty is a new player who just got excited. KWhit and Ollie seem happy for an excuse to put their votes on somebody who most people are not going to vote for. I dont understand the Chief vote at all... and I am always suspicious of the person who puts a second vote on somebody with out a good reason.

So my thinking is, Kwhit and or Ollie put their vote on Schmidty because she gave them a half decent reason to... but since both of them have played their fair share of games they are good enough to have a more solid reason than a 'I live!' statement.'

I have never played with Claps before our small game last week (Which i lasted a day and a half) but I can already tell we play totally different games.

I really want to make this a two horse race, but I cannot put a vote on Chief or Schmidty without more reason...
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #562
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Damnit Pass.. I was about to do that
Old 06-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #563
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I really dont want to vote Clap a mere minutes after Pass did.... I am going to wait another hour or two to vote, see if anything else comes up
Old 06-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #564
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
VOTE CLAPHAMSA

My hunch is that he's saving ef.

If you felt Clap was trying to save EF, why wouldn't you just vote for EF then?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #565
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

He has enough votes on him now at the moment.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #566
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

hey, I said I made prety much a random vote... and pass and LSG are jumping on me.... I think that will tell us something down the road.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #567
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
hey, I said I made prety much a random vote... and pass and LSG are jumping on me.... I think that will tell us something down the road.

I haven't voted yet... just thought about it
Old 06-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #568
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

+1
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #569
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
VOTE EagleFan

A couple of reasons. First if he is a wolf that also clears lots of people who voted for him yesterday. Also, with Jackal's late vote on Eagle that could be a reason that he was killed overnight.

That wouldn't be a very good play by a wolf, to go after someone that voted for him. It's normally the wolves trying to set someone up to be voted against. I see there is a bit of a run on me (up to this post, haven't read the rest yet, responding as I go) and that is something that needs to be seriously looked at.

Somehow the wolves have two villagers being talked up around here, me and PB. Hopefully the rest of the villagers will see what is going on here.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #570
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
That wouldn't be a very good play by a wolf, to go after someone that voted for him. It's normally the wolves trying to set someone up to be voted against. I see there is a bit of a run on me (up to this post, haven't read the rest yet, responding as I go) and that is something that needs to be seriously looked at.

Somehow the wolves have two villagers being talked up around here, me and PB. Hopefully the rest of the villagers will see what is going on here.

How are you so certain that PB is a villager?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #571
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Chief Rum

A revenge vote and a save my butt vote.

Either way my plan will be saving everyone except ritualists. Unless RendeR doesn't look too good later.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #572
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
+1

He has enough votes on him now at the moment.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #573
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

We're heading out for a few hours. My vote is not etched in stone, I'd like to see more discussion to go over when I get back.

Happy Father's Day to the dads out there!
Old 06-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #574
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lack of better option...

I realy like henrys reasoning, but... i dont wanna change 30 min after voting./ dont worry all ill be aroudn all day!

Okay, that's about as close to a crap reason as I have ever seen. Putting this second vote on me was the smelliest move yet in this game, and I'm not just saying that just because I am the target. This one just stinks--much better than my reason to go after EF.

UNVOTE EAGLEFAN

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #575
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

fair enough..... see people thats why we poke at random people! CR came up swining after a random vote with a good explanation, so.... I am now happy in my vote!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #576
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
fair enough..... see people thats why we poke at random people! CR came up swining after a random vote with a good explanation, so.... I am now happy in my vote!

You see, the difference is, I didn't try to trump up a vote on a villager with my switch, like you did. I am reacting to a poor vote. Your excuse, lemme look it up, sort of a "just because"? And a second vote, to boot.

I don't mind votes for me. I get them all the time. And I certainly have done nothing to prove I am a villager (I don't really have a way of doing that, being a plain ole). But at least have a reason.

But whatever is, is. I am out for most of the afternoon. I'll be back before deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #577
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

huh? i didnt switch.... and if we have 6-7 peple with one vote we learn nothing... so its not abad vote unless you are a wolf. then its a GREAT vote.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #578
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

3) Eaglefan - Path12 (474), Henry296 (545), Alan T (557)
3) Chief Rum - Mrs.schmidty (536), claphamsa (543), Eaglefan (571)
3) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Pass (560), Chief Rum(574)
1) Path12 - Racer (503)
1) PurdueBrad - hoopsguy (523)
Old 06-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #579
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Unvote path12
Vote PurdueBrad

I'd like to hear more from path. I'm fine if we lynch a candidate from day one. What I don't like is those who support lynching another day are letting EagleFan to ascend to the top of the vote while allowing PurdueBrad to be pretty much forgotten about. That's enough for me to vote for him for now.

Among those with more then four votes, I don't really like the rationale for voting for Mrs.Schmidty or Chief Rum. I understand the votes on Claph. I have found him to be more quiet then the last game and I'm not sure I buy his clueless bit.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #580
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

I'd like to hear more from path. I'm fine if we lynch a candidate from day one. What I don't like is those who support lynching another day one candidate are letting EagleFan to ascend to the top of the vote while allowing PurdueBrad to be pretty much forgotten about. That's enough for me to vote for him for now.

Among those with more then four votes, I don't really like the rationale for voting for Mrs.Schmidty or Chief Rum. I understand the votes on Claph. I have found him to be more quiet then the last game and I'm not sure I buy his clueless bit.

fixed.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #581
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Sorry guys, I've been at my dad's all day and just got the chance to log on.

Many of the reasons you all have given for Eaglefan make sense, so I'm going to be a follower here.

VOTE EAGLEFAN
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #582
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Sorry guys, I've been at my dad's all day and just got the chance to log on.

Many of the reasons you all have given for Eaglefan make sense, so I'm going to be a follower here.

VOTE EAGLEFAN

????

What reasons? There have not been any concrete reasons given yet. Not going to defend myself though, lynch me if you want but that would be a lousy move for us. The wolves must be loving this, villagers doing their dirty work for them.

Keep an eye on Jets as that post and vote seem wolfish.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #583
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
4) Eaglefan - Path12 (474), Henry296 (545), Alan T (557) JetsIn06 (561)
3) Chief Rum - Mrs.schmidty (536), claphamsa (543), Eaglefan (571)
3) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Pass (560), Chief Rum(574)
1) PurdueBrad - hoopsguy (523) Racer (579)

Updated post count.... besides me three others have not voted.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #584
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I believe when Hoops comes back he will move his vote off of PB as he was hoping Purdue would have a lot more suspicion on him than he currently does.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #585
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

And just noticing things... render only has 9 posts, including his post saying he wanted to play. Is that about par for him? Or does he generally post a lot more?
Old 06-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #586
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
And just noticing things... render only has 9 posts, including his post saying he wanted to play. Is that about par for him? Or does he generally post a lot more?

I think he usually posts more but if I remember correctly there was something going on in his life outside of FOFC (I know it's hard to belive that there is life outside FOFC ) during the last game (not the short game, I wasn't in that one and don't know if he was) that kept him from posting much.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #587
Axxon
Pro Starter

Very close vote so far. It'll be interesting to see who moves where.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #588
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

In all honesty I usually post a lot more however in recent weeks and games I've both been busier and simply not had as much to say. I've found that most of you guys tend to cover things very well and I haven't had the need to put in much.

The last big game I had one busy day where we had some confusion with Lathum I think and I posted quite a bit that day or two but otherwise I've been quiet for lack of anything useful to add.

My weekends are a bit busier these days. Telle and I play tennis on Friday nights and She has Yoga saturdays so I watch the kids, then I work sunday mornings and after work today I curled up and napped.

So yes indeed it would appear that I am getting a life so to speak

I don't have any real issues with chief or eaglefan or PB at this point. As on day 1 I tend to like 3 way races near deadline, you get to see a lot more movement I think.

I'm wondering what the vote on me was for? any reason or was it random? I don't really mind since I'm used to getting a lot more votes than I have lately so its good by me =)

As for my vote, I'll throw mine on Chief for now, pending any revelations or better info. This is only to keep the votes close for the time being, no other reason right now. Still not much data out there.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #589
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
In all honesty I usually post a lot more however in recent weeks and games I've both been busier and simply not had as much to say. I've found that most of you guys tend to cover things very well and I haven't had the need to put in much.

The last big game I had one busy day where we had some confusion with Lathum I think and I posted quite a bit that day or two but otherwise I've been quiet for lack of anything useful to add.

My weekends are a bit busier these days. Telle and I play tennis on Friday nights and She has Yoga saturdays so I watch the kids, then I work sunday mornings and after work today I curled up and napped.

So yes indeed it would appear that I am getting a life so to speak

I don't have any real issues with chief or eaglefan or PB at this point. As on day 1 I tend to like 3 way races near deadline, you get to see a lot more movement I think.

I'm wondering what the vote on me was for? any reason or was it random? I don't really mind since I'm used to getting a lot more votes than I have lately so its good by me =)

As for my vote, I'll throw mine on Chief for now, pending any revelations or better info. This is only to keep the votes close for the time being, no other reason right now. Still not much data out there.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

watch out, or pass and LSG will jump on you!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #590
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I can't really say that I am suprised about how today's vote has gone.. especially from a few specific voters. If I get more time tonight before the deadline, I'll have to see if the same people who tried to save Eaglefan are doing the same tonight.. and/or to see if the same people who tried to "save" PurdueBrad on day 1 are doing the same for Claphamsa today.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #591
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Voted for Eaglefan both day 1 & Day 2 so far: Path12, Alan T
Voted for PurdueBrad both day 1 & Day 2 so far: Racer
Voted for PurdueBrad day 1 & Claphamsa day 2 so far: Axxon, Passacaglia

Voted for viable alternate to Eaglefan day1 and day 2 (Mccollins or PB on day 1, Chief or Claphamsa day 2): Eaglefan, Render, Axxon, Passacaglia

Voted for viable alternate to PurdueBrad/Claphamsa day 1 and day 2 (Eaglefan or Mccollins day1 , Chief or Eaglefan day 2): Path12, Henry296, Alan T, Jetsin06, Claphamsa, Eaglefan, Render

Threw away a vote on either day1 or day 2: MrsSchmidty, Lonestargirl, PurdueBrad, Telle (hasn't voted day2 yet)
Old 06-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #592
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

If my random vote for day 1 is counted as being thrown away, so should anyone who voted for McCollins
Old 06-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #593
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

not McCollins, Thejackal
Old 06-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #594
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

dammit, I was right the first time lol McCollins was voted out, jackal was killed, you get my point anyway!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #595
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
watch out, or pass and LSG will jump on you!

I dont like smart asses

vote claphamsa
Old 06-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #596
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

anybody have an updated vote count? I definitely dont want a tie, so my vote is subject to change. I am interested in seeing what happens in these last 50 minutes
Old 06-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #597
hoopsguy
General Manager

So am I the only person who voted for EF/PB on D1/D2, but flipped between candidates? Just curious how that fits on the matrix you are compiling.

Also, does anyone have an updated vote count?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #598
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gah, just realized that the vote is coming in 50 minutes. I'm heading out to mow the lawn here while I've still got some light so I'm going to miss deadline.

Vote is 90% going to stay where it is at, as I think it is on the right person. If it is moving, it will have to be very fast.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #599
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I dont like smart asses

vote claphamsa

If the snakeskin cowgirl boots fit darlin
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #600
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, not much has happened except bad voting, I see.