Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #601
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
If my random vote for day 1 is counted as being thrown away, so should anyone who voted for McCollins

I would consider a "throw away" vote as someone who puts a vote on someone that isn't a part of the run off at the time of the vote. On day 1, throw aways aren't really that meaningful, but later on that type of information might become valuable. For instance, if a wolf was close to being lynched and you had a throw away vote that didn't even try to save them it might be considered by some as a slight nod to being ok.. On the otherhand if it was a run off of villagers, usually wolves are more than happy to either throw away a vote, or just jump in the middle somewhere on any of the choices so it doesn't mean as much.

I just was keeping note of what type of "voting patterns" people have had thus far is all. It is tough to have a voting history by day 2, especially without knowing what all happened on day 1... However it seems right now alot more people are interested in voting to save Eaglefan than to try to get to the bottom of day 1's votes. I guess everyone other than me already knows enough from day 1 to look elsewhere.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #602
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

4) Eaglefan - Path12 (474), Henry296 (545), Alan T (557) JetsIn06 (561)
4) Chief Rum - Mrs.schmidty (536), claphamsa (543), Eaglefan (571), Render (588)
4) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Pass (560), Chief Rum(574), LSG (595)
2) Mrs.Schmidty - Kwhit (475), oliegirl (550)
1) Render - PurdueBrad (404)
1) PurdueBrad - hoopsguy (523) Racer (579)
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #603
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Only if we are talking about probability alone. That is only one piece of the picture though.. The other piece is what do you learn from the info?

Lets say PurdueBrad is lynched and ends up being a villager.. what do we learn? Ok.. well maybe Mccollins or EagleFan or both are wolves.. so we then lynch one of them.. or do we go after both and spend three days on what might be just three villagers.. if PurdueBrad is a wolf, what do we learn about the others? Well not much about mccollins or Eaglefan as of yet.. we feel a bit better about Render, but thats it..

Alan, do you realize you're been pushing all day two what you were afraid of day one? You think everyone should vote for one of the two vote leaders from day one, but this could just end up having us running in circles.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 PM   #604
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is what I have as current voting count on the list I've been keeping up to date.

4) Eaglefan - Path12 (474), Henry296 (545), Alan T (557), Jetsin06 (581)
4) Chief Rum - Mrs.schmidty (536), claphamsa (543), Eaglefan (571), Render (588)
4) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Passacaglia (560), Chief RUm (574), Lonestargirl (595)
2) PurdueBrad - hoopsguy (523), Racer (579)
Old 06-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #605
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So am I the only person who voted for EF/PB on D1/D2, but flipped between candidates? Just curious how that fits on the matrix you are compiling.

Also, does anyone have an updated vote count?

You mean, are you the only one who voted in the rundown and then is moving to someone in that same group to try to learn something? I don't think so. That's what I was aiming to do before clap started to build me up to save EF. Then I switched to clap. I may even switch back to EF. If they're in cahoots, one is as good as the other.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #606
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, looks like a three way tie with 4 - Eagle, Chief, Clap.

I really think PB is more likely than Eagle to be a wolf from D1. I don't have terribly strong feelings on the other two players so far.

If I move my vote from PB then he drops to one, and there is little chance he'll pick up the votes he needs to be the lynch candidate. So I'm sticking where I'm at and will accept any questioning of it that arises later in the game.

Off to mow.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #607
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So am I the only person who voted for EF/PB on D1/D2, but flipped between candidates? Just curious how that fits on the matrix you are compiling.

Also, does anyone have an updated vote count?

Yes in either scenerio, you are the only person who voted for EF on day 1, and then voted for either PB or Claphamsa today.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #608
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
This is what I have as current voting count on the list I've been keeping up to date.

4) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Passacaglia (560), Chief RUm (574), Lonestargirl (595)

Yours is right, mine is wrong, I forgot to change PB to 2
Old 06-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #609
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, I meant voted for one of them on D1 and the other on D2.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #610
Telle
College Starter

I'm not liking clap's play, and I just have a gut feeling that going after PurdueBrad or EagleFan is a waste of time.

VOTE CLAPHASMA
Old 06-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #611
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, looks like a three way tie with 4 - Eagle, Chief, Clap.

I really think PB is more likely than Eagle to be a wolf from D1. I don't have terribly strong feelings on the other two players so far.

If I move my vote from PB then he drops to one, and there is little chance he'll pick up the votes he needs to be the lynch candidate. So I'm sticking where I'm at and will accept any questioning of it that arises later in the game.

Off to mow.

I understand sticking to your guns, but that is a very curious move, IMO. Especially if we later discover one of these candidates are a wolf.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #612
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, I meant voted for one of them on D1 and the other on D2.

Oh, well, in that case, that is what I aimed to do. I voted for PB Day 1, and I voted for EF for tonight's vote. As I said, only clap's weird play has turned me from that.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #613
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Alan, do you realize you're been pushing all day two what you were afraid of day one? You think everyone should vote for one of the two vote leaders from day one, but this could just end up having us running in circles.

I don't know that is a fear of mine as much as just a common occurance is all. But it is often necessary.. You plug along in a WW game until you are given some kind of information. That information might come from a role reveal, or from a lucky lynch of a wolf. Right now we haven't received any of that information so the most logical path is the one to try to understand better what occured in the only day of voting history that we have up until now.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #614
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Stepping away a bit for dinner. I don't know if I'll be back before lynch.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #615
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hoop, you are the only one out of the 5 that have 'throw away' votes online right now. why are you not putting your horse in the race? Why are you so stuck on PB?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #616
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Stepping away a bit for dinner. I don't know if I'll be back before lynch.

I thought lynch came before dinner.

Breakfast, lynch then dinner. Yes, that's right.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #617
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have a bde feeling about another three-way tie. This whole situation is ripe for manipulation.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #618
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

bde=bad

Old 06-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #619
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I dont think there is a tie anymore, didn't telle put it up for Claps?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #620
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

5) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Passacaglia (560), Chief RUm (574), Lonestargirl (595), Telle (610)
Old 06-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #621
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I dont think there is a tie anymore, didn't telle put it up for Claps?

Yep, he's now in the lead by one. But with just under a half hour to go, there's plenty of time for votes to move around.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #622
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
I would consider a "throw away" vote as someone who puts a vote on someone that isn't a part of the run off at the time of the vote. On day 1, throw aways aren't really that meaningful, but later on that type of information might become valuable. For instance, if a wolf was close to being lynched and you had a throw away vote that didn't even try to save them it might be considered by some as a slight nod to being ok.. On the otherhand if it was a run off of villagers, usually wolves are more than happy to either throw away a vote, or just jump in the middle somewhere on any of the choices so it doesn't mean as much.

I just was keeping note of what type of "voting patterns" people have had thus far is all. It is tough to have a voting history by day 2, especially without knowing what all happened on day 1... However it seems right now alot more people are interested in voting to save Eaglefan than to try to get to the bottom of day 1's votes. I guess everyone other than me already knows enough from day 1 to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the clarification Alan, I get it now
Old 06-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #623
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep, he's now in the lead by one. But with just under a half hour to go, there's plenty of time for votes to move around.

Exactly. One vote leads with two candidates right behind does not for a light and easy situation make. Especially with how we're prone to jump around at the end.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #624
Telle
College Starter

Hrrrmmm... the fact that there hasn't been vote movement thus far does make me kinda nervous..
Old 06-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #625
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I have a feeling the voting is going to be boring today with it being Father's Day and all. Dinner times might be a little more set and such.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #626
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hrrrmmm... the fact that there hasn't been vote movement thus far does make me kinda nervous..

My guess is those who wish to manipulate the vote are waiting until the last minute. Do it too soon, and others might be able to step in and stop them.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #627
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well since there are four of us in here with 15 minutes left, I really dont think there will be any late movement
Old 06-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #628
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well since there are four of us in here with 15 minutes left, I really dont think there will be any late movement

Only one vote needs to change, though. Guess we'll see.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #629
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

The masters getting ready to finish up also may be having an impact.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #630
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Sorry, I mean the U.S. Open.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #631
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Almost missed the deadline. Was at a store and watching MLB:The Show being demoed and just standing there contemplating the wife's reaction if I came home with a PS3 and a game (just for that one game). Good judgement got the best of me but it was a close battle.

Of course.... then I get home and she says "you could have gotten it"

I think I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #632
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm cooking dinner (ON FATHER'S DAY ), so I might be like 1/2 hour late or so with results. Please bear with me.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #633
Telle
College Starter

Racer, your vote isn't on one of the three vote leaders. You planning on keeping it where it is?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #634
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Almost missed the deadline. Was at a store and watching MLB:The Show being demoed and just standing there contemplating the wife's reaction if I came home with a PS3 and a game (just for that one game). Good judgement got the best of me but it was a close battle.

Of course.... then I get home and she says "you could have gotten it"

I think I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!!!

Personally, I would have run out to the car the second after she said that.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #635
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
3) Eaglefan - Path12 (474), Henry296 (545), Alan T (557)
3) Chief Rum - Mrs.schmidty (536), claphamsa (543), Eaglefan (571)
3) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Pass (560), Chief Rum(574)
1) Path12 - Racer (503)
1) PurdueBrad - hoopsguy (523)

Quote:
Racer, your vote isn't on one of the three vote leaders. You planning on keeping it where it is?

I will if there's movement. I'm seeing if anyone tries to save anyone.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #636
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Personally, I would have run out to the car the second after she said that.

I think the store is open until 10, I have an hour left after the DL!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:56 PM   #637
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I will if there's movement. I'm seeing if anyone tries to save anyone.

Just FYI, that vote count is old.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #638
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

That's an old tally you're looking at there...
Old 06-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #639
Telle
College Starter

claphasma's in the lead, with EagleFan and Chief Rum trailing by 1.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #640
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote CR

vote clap

Self preservation vote. It's like day one all over again. This is getting old...
Old 06-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #641
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I have one minute until deadline
Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #642
Schmidty
Coordinator

Deadline
Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #643
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have one minute until deadline

How much do the rest of us have?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #644
Schmidty
Coordinator

K. It's going to be a bit.

I might not be so verbose this time because I'm so tired and I work tonight, but if there are any questions about the specifics, let me know.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #645
Schmidty
Coordinator

Final votes

6) Claphamsa - Axxon (541), Passacaglia (560), Chief RUm (574), Lonestargirl (595), Telle (610), Eaglefan (640)
3) Chief Rum - Mrs.schmidty (536), claphamsa (543), Render (588)
Old 06-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #646
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll say right now, without having seen results, that if I had made it back in time to move that I would have chosen Clap over Chief for today. I then would have been torn between my need to learn about D1 and my "good guy vibe" that I'm getting from EF - based on my impressions from D1 vote review and his posts.

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst with this lynch.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #647
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - I'm not sure where I would have gone if I had to pick between Chief and EF, but I would have gone Clap in the event all three were equally viable options with my vote.

Re-reading my last post just didn't seem as clear as it was when I initially thought about this.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #648
Schmidty
Coordinator

With the vicious and mob-like killing of mccolins yesterday, your blood and adrenaline is still pumping, clouding your sense of reason and remorse.

The same bickering and scheming goes on, as it did yesterday. This time, the lot of you (save a few who doubt it) seem a bit more sure that the person you believe is your in your grasp -Claphamsa. Without hesitancy, you jump the screaming, horrified young man, and rip him to shreds.

After the blood-lust lulls to a simple numb fury, you begin searching him. The only things you find other than gore, are a pocket protector, an expensive calculator watch, some poems that it appears he never got a chance to send to his apparent girlfriend, and few a advanced calculus books.

Claphamsa was a simple Mathematics Major.

Last edited by Schmidty : 06-15-2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: edited for grammar and stuff.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #649
hoopsguy
General Manager

Question for the people who didn't explore the PurdueBrad vs EagleFan option for today - did you think that both were villagers? That there was better information available with other candidates?

Other than the wolves or the seer, I'm not sure how someone could feel overwhelmingly convinced about the guilt/innocence of these guys but I would be interested in hearing impressions. I've made my impressions on PB/EF pretty clear today, I think.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #650
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

/Mourn Clap

I live! haha j/k Just egging on Olie and Kwhit