Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #251
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just caught up. Not sure I really see a reason to move my vote around - I have no specific cause for voting for PB, he hasn't done something to convince me I should definitely move, and none of the other leaders is bothering me. But I'm listening.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #252
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Wow, where's the love PB? I changed my normal day one vote to not vote for you.

As I said before, and the time stamps will back me up, I voted hoops not knowing there was another vote about to show up for him. I do find it a little suspicious about the run on me. I really suck as a wolf but do well as a villager (I love trying to figure these things out) so I would look closely at those with votes on me. I wouldn't be too surprised to see at least one wolf there.

Anyhoo, I have to head out for a bit. I'll be back on later to see how this plays out.

I double checked this. EagleFan's post was one minute after the other guy's so I seriously doubt EagleFan saw the other guy's post and made his post in that span of time.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #253
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
how could you have names on your list alreadt???????????????

Claph, looking at the voting trends. Even if it weren't me, I'm still surprised at RendeR and Pass bringing in a third candidate. Especially, as Alan has said, when neither Mccollins or Eagle has voted yet. This is almost identical to what Hoops and I tried to engineer in the previous game by bringing in St. Cronin. IF two wolves are up, how do you take the heat off them? You've got to get a third party.

Now that one of the people I'm curious about has voted for me, I'll throw his name and the other out there. Racer and Axxon will need some attention. The "clever" line pinged me earlier and it might be nothing, but was odd nonetheless.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #254
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Oh ya, and I'm "hawt", but not "flat!"

Alright! Don't listen to what Alan says about me, I'll always steer you in the right direction.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #255
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Anyway, I'm out as the wife has told me we're ready to leave. We'll see if I'm still alive in a few hours.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #256
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

tie = no lynch? If that is the case, that looks like a good reason to keep it that way. Better to no lynch than to lynch a villager right out of the gate, especially when no-one knows if there is a roled villager in the group.

I don't plan on changing my vote tonight, unless it's for self preservation as I would like to get a little bit of time to try to see who the wolves are. I actually like being a villager much better than being a wolf as it's alll about solving the mystery.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #257
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Home from work and checking in.

Heh, I shoulda known you guys wouldn't take less than a day to run out a huge thread. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #258
hoopsguy
General Manager

Has Schmidty posted what the results are in the event of a tie?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #259
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Because of our exchange earlier. Racer is a very good player and we just got through a game together. That means he's going to be a great help to us like he was to his side in that game or he's going to be a dangerous wolf.

OK. It seemed like an odd thing to say day 1.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #260
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To whom is this directed to?

PB, he said he has 2 names other than the ones being voted for on his list, and thats rediculous., its DAY ONE! no info availabel!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #261
path12
Coordinator

One cool thing about this game so far -- I mentioned to the stunning yet demure Ms.Path about Mrs. Schmidty being in this game and she just committed to playing in the next one I run.

Woo!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #262
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quick question. Title says deadline at 10. Post #2 (rules) say 9. Which is it? Obviously, it makes a difference in how I can do things here, as 15 mins is a lot less time than an hour and 15 mins.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #263
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Claph, looking at the voting trends. Even if it weren't me, I'm still surprised at RendeR and Pass bringing in a third candidate. Especially, as Alan has said, when neither Mccollins or Eagle has voted yet. This is almost identical to what Hoops and I tried to engineer in the previous game by bringing in St. Cronin. IF two wolves are up, how do you take the heat off them? You've got to get a third party.

Now that one of the people I'm curious about has voted for me, I'll throw his name and the other out there. Racer and Axxon will need some attention. The "clever" line pinged me earlier and it might be nothing, but was odd nonetheless.

I don't know why he thinks I'm all the clever. The game that is ending tonight was his first game so maybe he thinks my voting 10 or 15 seconds after the night kill post to hold the tiebreaker is clever. I had a hunch that DaddyTorgo was a wolf (and I was right), but going into today I was also almost sure Axxon was good (which unless Axxon is trying to unnecessarily pull something crazy), was wrong. I was convinced Claph was the second wolf. So I pretty much got owned. So that's why I voted for him to start off.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #264
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, there was an issue with the PMs (site-wide) earlier today. It delayed Schmidty getting all the PMs out to all the folks, so today started later. I believe the 10PM is just for today, and 9PM is the time for the remaining days.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #265
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Quick question. Title says deadline at 10. Post #2 (rules) say 9. Which is it? Obviously, it makes a difference in how I can do things here, as 15 mins is a lot less time than an hour and 15 mins.

I think today was pushed back an hour due to a late start.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #266
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

10, sinces roles went out late!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #267
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
tie = no lynch? If that is the case, that looks like a good reason to keep it that way. Better to no lynch than to lynch a villager right out of the gate, especially when no-one knows if there is a roled villager in the group.

I don't plan on changing my vote tonight, unless it's for self preservation as I would like to get a little bit of time to try to see who the wolves are. I actually like being a villager much better than being a wolf as it's alll about solving the mystery.

No lynch is bad because lynching gives us a voting history.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #268
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Has Schmidty posted what the results are in the event of a tie?

In case of tie, there will be no lynch. I will put it in the official rules.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #269
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Cool, thanks for the responses, guys.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #270
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

I had a computer problem today, so we started 3 hours late. I decided to give us more time because of that, but the normal time will still be 9 on other days.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #271
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

So can a no lynch as the movement can speak volumes. If there is no late movement when a three way tie exists than it probably says that those involved in the tie are villagers and the wolves didn;t want to make a late move on a villager to implicate themselves.

If a no lynch is a result of heavy vote swings that also speaks volumes about where the votes swing from and to and who the players are that are making the vote swings (self defense or questionable). I guess we'll see what happens in the next hour (or so). Hopefully I'll live to see the light of day tomorrow but who knows (maybe I'm a fool for thinking so).
Old 06-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #272
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:

The history is still there, if anything it gives us "noobs" a chance to figure strategy without unknowingly taking out an ally.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #273
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

due to the fact that i want to live, i wont give my ideas on no lyches.... since youve all heard it before. and it gets me killed alot!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #274
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I'll be back in a bit, need to buy fish food before they eat the snail in the tank!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #275
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll be back in a bit, need to buy fish food before they eat the snail in the tank!

ha a fabulous thinkg to have happen on day 1!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #276
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I have a question, does PurdueBrad usually play this agressive if he is a villager? He has suggested like 4 different people I think to look at besides who he voted for. He played a much less aggressively in this past simple game. I'm asking this because he is still alive in that game so I'm not positive what his role is. I'm not saying this just because he suggested me. I'm just trying to get a feel on what is normal for him when he is a villager.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #277
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

hes farily good vilegrar, but as a wolf he tends to throw himself aroudn trying to get people killed (thats why i havent changed my vote)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #278
hoopsguy
General Manager

My PB villager impressions are steady, persistant player. Willing to think things through, usually ends up in right place midgame. And impossible to shake once he is convinced of an idea, often to my dismay.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #279
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alright, before I get totally engrossed in the game I'll introduce myself a bit! No, I'm not from Michigan, originally I'm from California. I think that I'm officially a Washingtonian though since I've been here for pretty much the last 20 years.
I work full time in a photo lab and photography would be one of my biggest hobbies. I'm stubborn as hell as I'm sure some of you already know (ha!) but am also pretty upbeat (I sound like I"m filling out a personal add!).

Oh ya, and I'm "hawt", but not "flat!"

Now...back to reading and trying to figure out who to send packin'!

Hey, welcome to the game and the board!

What part of CA are you from? I'm down in the LA/OC area.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #280
KWhit
Coordinator

Hello all. Anybody have a vote count?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #281
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Hello all. Anybody have a vote count?

5) PurdueBrad - Claphamsa (141), The Jackal (150), Render (214), Passacaglia (222), Axxon (246)
4) Mccollins - Jetsin06 (142), Telle (176), oliegirl (187), henry296 (191)
4) Eaglefan - Alan T (155), Hoopsguy (197), path12 (203), PurdueBrad (204)
1) Oliegirl - Mccollins (125)
1) Axxon - Racer (128)
1) Hoopsguy - Eaglefan (136)
1) Path12 - Lonestargirl (185)
1) Jetsin06 - Mrs. Schmidty (240)

No vote: Kwhit, Chief Rum
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #282
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

5) PurdueBrad - Claphamsa (141), The Jackal (150), PurdueBrad (214), Passacaglia (222), Axxon (246)
1) Axxon - Racer (128)

Okay, here's an update, purely for myself.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #283
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
5) PurdueBrad - Claphamsa (141), The Jackal (150), Render (214), Passacaglia (222), Axxon (246)
1) Axxon - Racer (128)

No vote: Kwhit, Chief Rum

And it was a waste of time, lol.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #284
KWhit
Coordinator

Well.... I don't want a no-lynch, but tying things up at this point might tell us something with late switches between now and deadline.

Vote mccollins
Old 06-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #285
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
VOTE RendeR

Because he's a bengals fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Hopfully I can get back on before 9, but it will be close.

I was unfair to RendeR and we need to consolidate votes. Automatically excluding voting for people that could help save you is a bad omen.

UNVOTE RendeR
VOTE mccollins

How is any vote in the first hour or so of the game any more unfair then another? Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "bad omen".

[b]Unvote Axxon[b]
Vote PurdueBrad

Anyways, as I said earlier, my Axxon vote is because of the way the last game has turned out. All of the initial votes on EagleFan came from what was probably dumb luck on EagleFan's part. After the first vote, there was a lot of quick pile on for him. Both mccollins and PurdueBrad have been praised about being good villagers so I'm changing my vote to the one I'm a little more weary of.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #286
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Unvote Axxon
Vote PurdueBrad

Since it got messed up the first time.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #287
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I shouldn't dodge the leaders here, although not sure they are the best choices. But at this point, really, what do we know?

The second vote on hoops by EF bugs me a little, but looking at the time stamps, I just don't buy he knew about Alan's vote. Plus, really, who does that (looks to add a second vote right away)?

If I give EF the benefit of the doubt, it's between PB and mccollins. Not wild about either choice there either, but I am not one to sit on the fence for Day One. I think I'll be completely selfish with this one. I believe both PB and mccollins are strong players, but mccollins always seems to vote for me (feels that way anyway), so I'm going to vote for him.

This moves it into a tie, though, so I am prepared to change my vote if KWhit doesn't break the tie.

VOTE MCCOLLINS

Old 06-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #288
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Every time Mccollins or Eaglefan get close to being in trouble, suddenly someone else shows up to help bump PurdueBrad higher.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #289
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I would really prefer to not have a tie/no lynch...as a rule I'm against no lynch as I don't think it tells us anything. It's werewolf, someone has to be the first to die. If we lynch someone we have a chance of getting a wolf, if we don't lynch anyone, we know he have no chance and we basically start day 2 back at square one...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #290
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Every time Mccollins or Eaglefan get close to being in trouble, suddenly someone else shows up to help bump PurdueBrad higher.

Yep.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #291
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unvote Axxon
Vote PurdueBrad

Since it got messed up the first time.

Okay, if my count is right, that does actually move it into a tie (6-6) between PB and mccollins. I will switch off of mccollins in 12 mins (10 mins before deadline) if there is still a tie. Plenty of time for anyone else to change up if they want (before and after).

I'm not a fan of ties after seeing too many no lynches.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which is actually the best player to vote for this game, BTW? This might be the time to make cases if anyone feels strongly.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #292
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Does smell a little fishy.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #293
The Jackal
Coordinator

Let's spice things up, then.

Unvote PB

Vote EF
Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #294
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
My vote is on McCollins b/c he voted for me, I'm more than happy to move it to PB to avoid the tie...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #295
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, I can't help with that now. If we take that as a sign one or both of them are wolves, a switch to EF would only drop mccollins out of a tie with PB.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #296
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

11 members on with 18 minutes to go.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #297
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Let's spice things up, then.

Unvote PB

Vote EF

Okay, mccollins 6, EF 5, PB 5. Right?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #298
henry296
College Starter

At the time I voted for mccollins he was tied for the lead with PB and clap but said he wouldn't vote for either. That seemed odd at the time, but now that I look back on it maybe not so much. However, not much of a reason to change to PB yet.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #299
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

lrtd take this to 2...

unvote pb
vote eaglesfan

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #300
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'm willing to move my vote to any of the three really. I just don't necessarily like the two quick pile on votes on EagleFan after Hoopsguy voted for him. Did it put him in the lead at the time or just tie things up? That makes a difference.