1 - Molson - path12
1 - Grammaticus - Lathum

Did I miss anybody?

well at least im suspisious of all the peeps on the list too
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #752
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

btw, it's very fishy to me the way molson and gramm voted for me so close together.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #753
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm leaning towards breaking the fouts/lathum tie...but i'm not sure which way yet.

neither one seems entirely credible in my eyes. but then again there are many others who have been quite silent also.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #754
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
btw, it's very fishy to me the way molson and gramm voted for me so close together.

but if they were wolves, one would have waited several hours i think. it's not like we're up against the deadline.

i think gramm is pretty much in the clear for now at least, based on that and his earlier actions...molson i'm still not sure about.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #755
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i don't. but this is a perfect example of why i wish people would be more transparent with what they're on to. the worst that can happen is you spook a wolf and they change their behavior...if they stay constant you've got em pegged, if they change then we realize they're a wolf. it's like shining a spotlight on a robber...it freezes them.

for god's sakes people...if you're working on a theory, even if you think it's bunk...at least post it in the thread so there's some record of it.

otherwise what's the point of being on a team? we might as we all be going at it alone!
hey daddy, remember me telling you this gets people killed?

I did exactlly what you asked, came up with a theory, posted it for discussion and put my neck on the line in the process and now you are considering voting for me.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #756
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
dodgerchick if theres ever a time to say something without a bunch of ww nuts jumping on you, nows the time

The only one that seems suspicious to me right now is Schmidty because he's been really quiet. Path12, I think, mentioned Schmidty is like that anyway, so I'm not entirely sure if I should believe that or not. He might be laying low to not put himself in the spotlight, or he may be laying low so we villagers can vote ourselves off little by little and them BLAMO, in he comes.

Schmidty as a vet, I would assume, should know better than to lay this low. His lack of participation has me highly suspect him but I don't see anyone else jumping on him and I believe its because he mentioned recieving the 4 word PM. Frankly, I don't put much stock into that.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #757
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
but if they were wolves, one would have waited several hours i think. it's not like we're up against the deadline.

i think gramm is pretty much in the clear for now at least, based on that and his earlier actions...molson i'm still not sure about.
you would think unless they are trying to start an early pile on so gramm can avoid another situation like we had last night.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:20 PM   #758
path12
Coordinator

I think a lot of the thoughts around Lathum revolve around how badly he schooled all of us as the Prophecy a couple games back. The only thing I've really noticed is that he seems much more talkative this game. I haven't looked at him in much depth yet though so that's my only read.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #759
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Schmidty as a vet, I would assume, should know better than to lay this low. His lack of participation has me highly suspect him but I don't see anyone else jumping on him and I believe its because he mentioned recieving the 4 word PM. Frankly, I don't put much stock into that

dont put anything into that whole "4 word PM" thing at all. a clever wolf vet could easily know if he typed it first it would give him early cover. i personaly think its suspicious that he would have posted something like that.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #760
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
hey daddy, remember me telling you this gets people killed?

I did exactlly what you asked, came up with a theory, posted it for discussion and put my neck on the line in the process and now you are considering voting for me.

right. but that's a risk you have to take, otherwise trying to figure it all out alone is just pointless. besides Lathum, I didn't say that i was going to vote FOR you, i said i was leaning towards breaking that tie, in one direction or another.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #761
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I think a lot of the thoughts around Lathum revolve around how badly he schooled all of us as the Prophecy a couple games back. The only thing I've really noticed is that he seems much more talkative this game. I haven't looked at him in much depth yet though so that's my only read.
only because I don't go back to work untill tomorrow and my fiancee is away for work so werewolf and poker are my only 2 afternoon distractions.

I should probably shower today
Old 08-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #762
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
dont put anything into that whole "4 word PM" thing at all. a clever wolf vet could easily know if he typed it first it would give him early cover. i personaly think its suspicious that he would have posted something like that.

I just re-read my post and yes, I agree with you. I don't put much stock in the 4 word PM at all, what I do find highly suspicious is that he hasn't said much at all.

Having said that, Chief Rum hasn't participated much either. He mentioned having 2 jobs, but of course that can be a coverup to get us off the trail.

Oy, I should have read previous WW threads to see how solid this "lack of participation" really is.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #763
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in fact Lathum

VOTE FOUTS
Old 08-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #764
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
and why am I your top choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
It started when you posted twice about why people would go for Chief Rum when he is out for the day. Seemed odd that with experience you would stick up for CR so early and it seemed out of character for how I remember you playing (I know time and player makeup change game style).

Then your theory about you and Blade having history and Saldana having a grudge and what not. You and Saldana are best friends, he posted about you getting engages (congrats, by the way!). Surely you know we would know of your friendship with Saldana. Seems like a weird thing to post so early in the game. The rest of your theory just did not sound like anything of substance.

Then you and Molson and possibly CR seem to have an interplay going on with your votes.

I agree with a little over half the field having some experience, at least one wolf is statistically bound to be a vet. Outside of the golden list and my COT, that points to you as most likely.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #765
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
current vote count

2 - Fouts - Blade, SnDvls
2 - Lathum - molson, Grammaticus
1 - Molson - path12
1 - Grammaticus - Lathum

Did I miss anybody?
I also show Chief Rum voting for Schmidty
Old 08-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #766
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
It is time for my daily early vote before I take off for work. Fortunately, I only work the first job today, so I might get back to change this vote before the deadline, and will be around for night time posting.

With that aside, I vote Schmidty.

He's a vet and has been way too quiet. I think he may be trying to fly under the radar. As I said, I reserve the right to change this vote up until the deadline.

Voting like this is difficult for me to spot when doing the count. Please try and make your vote as easy as possible, so I don't make an error. This would be better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
It is time for my daily early vote before I take off for work. Fortunately, I only work the first job today, so I might get back to change this vote before the deadline, and will be around for night time posting.

With that aside, I

VOTE SCHMIDTY.

He's a vet and has been way too quiet. I think he may be trying to fly under the radar. As I said, I reserve the right to change this vote up until the deadline.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #767
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
I also show Chief Rum voting for Schmidty

thanks

knives out
Old 08-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #768
st.cronin
General Manager

current tally

3 - Fouts - Blade, SnDvls, DaddyTorgo
2 - Lathum - molson, Grammaticus
1 - Molson - path12
1 - Grammaticus - Lathum
1 - Schmidty - ChiefRum

knives out
Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 PM   #769
Lorena
Unregistered

Alright, I re-read the first page and see why everyone is laying off of Schmidty:

He's a respected vet (he devirginized Anxiety, or like he said, "deflowered him")
Before he even said "I'm in" he mentioned having some issues at home
He didn't participate much in the last WW game

Several people wanted him in even before the game started and asked if there could be a "small" role for him so he'll be here, even if in spirit.

Based on how highly respected he is, I'm gonna lay off him. Which leads me to square one... who now?
Old 08-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #770
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Dodgerchick, might i suggest you vote for Blade and have a blast watching respond to your vote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #771
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Dodgerchick, might i suggest you vote for Blade and have a blast watching respond to your vote

From what I gather voting for either blade or lathum can spark some vicious emotions.

I like them both and enjoy how each is taking this leadership role to sway people one way or the other and it's making it very interesting.

I have a lot of detective work to do. Let's see how many pages now? 16 or so and 5 hours til the deadline? Whoa, I have my work cut out for me.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #772
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dont reread everything, if you read it once its enough. you can basically get the jist of all the aguments over who to vote for from the WWaholics when they post, then you can make a descision.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #773
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Gramm, I'm sorry but I still don't see your argumant. Obviously molson and I have no "interplay" happening since he voted for me.

I wanted to give CR the benefit of the doubt and eliminate noddadrop ( which btw if I was a wolf I would want to keep noddadrop around since he was so useless)

as for the theory about Blade I was trying to spur some discussion and obviously have backed off of Blade since then.

The whole grudge thing was obviously take out of context. You are looking more and more guilty to me since I know I am a villegar who is just trying to keep the game active.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #774
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
Alright, I re-read the first page and see why everyone is laying off of Schmidty:

He's a respected vet (he devirginized Anxiety, or like he said, "deflowered him")
Before he even said "I'm in" he mentioned having some issues at home
He didn't participate much in the last WW game

Several people wanted him in even before the game started and asked if there could be a "small" role for him so he'll be here, even if in spirit.

Based on how highly respected he is, I'm gonna lay off him. Which leads me to square one... who now?
Dodger: This is kind of funny as Schmidty regularly refers to himself as the worst WW player there is.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #775
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

barkeep has been QUITE quiet. Any reason why we're not all piling on him?
Old 08-16-2006, 03:15 PM   #776
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
barkeep has been QUITE quiet. Any reason why we're not all piling on him?
I hope this is meant in jest as I am not playing.

EDIT: Based on the original start date I was going to be out of town for this game. WIth the game pushed back I've been able to lurk. Trust me if I was playing I'd easily have 100 posts by now. Easily.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-16-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #777
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49

EDIT: Based on the original start date I was going to be out of town for this game. WIth the game pushed back I've been able to lurk. Trust me if I was playing I'd easily have 100 posts by now. Easily.

aaaah. i had just noticed you lurking a lot, and couldn't remember if you were playing or not and frankly was on the phone so i didn't want to go back and take the time to go to post 1 and check.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #778
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep is 17th out of 29 posters in this thread, despite not playing.

Barkeep = teh postwhoooooooore
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #779
Fouts
College Starter

Funny that I'm leading the votes thanks to blade.

I just want to say this. Once you lynch me, lynch blade next.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #780
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Funny that I'm leading the votes thanks to blade.

I just want to say this. Once you lynch me, lynch blade next.

interesting. and certainly a possibility he has to consider if you are not a wolf fouts.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #781
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49

FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS

knives out
Old 08-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #782
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
interesting. and certainly a possibility he has to consider if you are not a wolf fouts.

I'm not and neither was Chubby. I'm not going to expend a ton of energy trying to save myself, so good luck.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #783
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
From what I gather voting for either blade or lathum can spark some vicious emotions.

I like them both and enjoy how each is taking this leadership role to sway people one way or the other and it's making it very interesting.

I have a lot of detective work to do. Let's see how many pages now? 16 or so and 5 hours til the deadline? Whoa, I have my work cut out for me.

Good point.

Dammit, now what?
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #784
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS

I edited just to irk everyone and show that I am not a postwhore like hoops claims. In fact, in my research hoops has a MUCH higher percentage of his posts in WW than I do. So who's the whore now beeatch?

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-16-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #785
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I'm not and neither was Chubby. I'm not going to expend a ton of energy trying to save myself, so good luck.

That is interesting. I do not think you are a wolf, but the last sentence has me thinking....

Stay tuned.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #786
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Gramm, I'm sorry but I still don't see your argumant. Obviously molson and I have no "interplay" happening since he voted for me.

I wanted to give CR the benefit of the doubt and eliminate noddadrop ( which btw if I was a wolf I would want to keep noddadrop around since he was so useless)

as for the theory about Blade I was trying to spur some discussion and obviously have backed off of Blade since then.

The whole grudge thing was obviously take out of context. You are looking more and more guilty to me since I know I am a villegar who is just trying to keep the game active.
None of the issues listed are individually a smoking gun that makes you a wolf. I do not have that on anyone. Grouped together, along with some other oddities and most importantly looking at who is left outside of the COT and Golden list, you appear to be the top candidate.

Some other items in the pattern of concern is your play style. From older games, you usually lay way back and post something here and there. You still did not go way out there, but were more aggressive than expected and seemed to not want to lay too far back. I could see you playing that way as a wolf.

You asked St. Cronin if there were any hidden roles. Something very wolfish. Looking at the list of roles, the only thing for Villagers is the Masons. Pretty damn sparse. There are a few bad guy roles listed, which gives them an edge. A wolf would want to know if there are any hidden roles as they would likely be villager based. A villager would be more likely not to ask in order to keep key roles out of the wolves line of site. Why? Because a villager who has the role would know and no other villagers would have a need to look for them. If they did, they would know the other role exists. Example if you were given the bodyguard role, you would not go out asking in public if other roles exist. It is a form of outing yourself and letting others know a seer may exist.

Then you asked me to point out the Blade and Schmidty posts I spotted. Fair enough since you posted it 2 minutes after I made the post. But you either did not go back and check posts later or missed the hint, making you less likely to be a villager.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:36 PM   #787
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

some legit points there Gram.

and yes GE, I agree, that last sentence was curious
Old 08-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #788
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Gramm, I have my reasons for asking about hidden roles, it seems to me you are attempting to goad me into an argument and your actions are going to reflect poorly on you.

The only hard evidence we have is vote patterns. I pointed out a strange pattern from you in post 744.

I find it odd that people are saying not to read to much into the "clue" about schmidty's PM, yet they are willing to say there is a "COT" because of it. I will GUARENTEE there is a werewolf in that circle.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:53 PM   #789
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Gramm, I have my reasons for asking about hidden roles, it seems to me you are attempting to goad me into an argument and your actions are going to reflect poorly on you.

The only hard evidence we have is vote patterns. I pointed out a strange pattern from you in post 744.

I find it odd that people are saying not to read to much into the "clue" about schmidty's PM, yet they are willing to say there is a "COT" because of it. I will GUARENTEE there is a werewolf in that circle.

ok quick catch up, what circle are you refering to?
Old 08-16-2006, 03:54 PM   #790
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ohh "COT" circle of trust. lol, im never in a circle of trust, but i never trust anyones cot.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #791
molson
General Manager

Quote:

I completely agree with this. Either a wolf is taking advantage of the Schmidty's PM line, and trying to foster group confidence in it (and himself), or Schmidty himself is a WW.

I can't imagine how a COT can EVER work in a game like this, especially without seers, etc.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #792
Lorena
Unregistered

Noddadrop had an overwhelming amount of votes against him on Day 1. Am I reading too much into it, or can a wolf use that as a coverup to get us off the trail?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #793
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

molson, I'm confused. YOu have agreed with me on a few points yet you are voting for me, I don't get it?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #794
molson
General Manager

And also, why would you ever publicize your COT? Doesn't that make them vulnerable - unless the wolves know you're wrong (or a wolf is controlling the COT).
Old 08-16-2006, 04:05 PM   #795
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
I completely agree with this. Either a wolf is taking advantage of the Schmidty's PM line, and trying to foster group confidence in it (and himself), or Schmidty himself is a WW.

I can't imagine how a COT can EVER work in a game like this, especially without seers, etc.

OK. Regardless of how you feel about it, I have three people I trust more that made mention well before the whole issue went public. By the time it came up last night it was worthless for finding anyone else.

I have noticed a couple of people trying to make themselves part of the group after the fact though. That's always interesting.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #796
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Noddadrop had an overwhelming amount of votes against him on Day 1. Am I reading too much into it, or can a wolf use that as a coverup to get us off the trail?

Absolutely. One of the best things for a wolf is to be able to add themselves to a huge pile-on.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:10 PM   #797
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
And also, why would you ever publicize your COT? Doesn't that make them vulnerable - unless the wolves know you're wrong (or a wolf is controlling the COT).

Because one of the ways to win is to be able to put together circles of trust. The more people you can trust, the better chance you have of finding a wolf. If it makes you more vulnerable, so be it -- as a plain villager you're expendable compared to more valuable roles such as a seer, bodyguard, etc. I'll put myself out there and risk getting hit at night, that means that the wolves are not killing someone more valuable to the good guys.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #798
molson
General Manager

Quote:
molson, I'm confused. YOu have agreed with me on a few points yet you are voting for me, I don't get it?

I knew you were going to say that (and you do so with good reason).

Mostly gut instinct, based on reading posts - I'm sure you could have a reasonable explanation for any actual reason I try to articulate. If you actually become a factor in the voting, I'll more closely look at you and probably give more thoughts and details.

For every actual theory I go through at this point, there's just as many reasons that it's likely to be wrong that there are that it's likely to be right. So you have the honor of being my default. But, there always seems to be some reason to change my mind in the last few hours.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #799
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
First of all a COT has won many a WW game by giving the good guys a reason to have some level of trust in what the others say.

Second, you really cannot establish a COT without it being public as that is the only way the good guys can communicate (in the open). Outside of some specialty roles, of which we apperantly do not have in this game.

In affect, it does make it somewhat of a race. Of course it is all probability. You increase the percentage the members of the COT are good and at the same time increase the probability of hitting a wolf outside the COT.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #800
Lorena
Unregistered

Shit, I gotta run an errand. I'm a go with the pile-on theory:

Vote Lathum

For now of course. If I make it before the deadline, this might change.