Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2001, 06:40 PM   #1
Cards Fan
n00b

Question Fan Support

First, I'm new to the boards. I like what I see in the journal for the newbies such as myself. Thanks for putting that together.

Second, I am playing as the Cardinals in 2011, I had a new stadium built in 2007 and i am reaping the benifits of that. Fan loyalty is rising steadily through winning the Bowl game in 2001 and being confrence champs the last three years, but i was curious to know if there is a sure fire way to raise fan support and loyalty for the team. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cards Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 07:56 PM   #2
Morgado
High School JV

Glad you like the Journal.

Not too much I can suggest on the fan loyalty thing other than to keep winning. I'm pretty sure having popular players on the team has some effect on ticket sales and year to year increases in fan loyalty, but I can't give you any specifics (ez? hehe).

One cheesy thing I like to do with maniacal fans (loyalty = 100) is to wait to build a new stadium until we get loyalty topped out and then stiff the city with the entire bill. You can max out the seats in every category and put in all the frills and the city will be willing to pay 100% of it. I see it as a way of putting the financial aspects of the game aside so I can put all my attention on gameplanning and roster experiments. *grin*

------------------
The 64 Dollar Question: What *is* The FOF Journal?
Old 02-13-2001, 09:51 AM   #3
NovaBlazer
n00b

Question

I can not provide any solid proof about this but I like keeping the lower end seating pretty affordable. I pick up the slack by stiffing the rich corperations a little extra who buy Lux Suites and Club Boxes.

This seems to help with lower income areas and raising fan support from 0 in new areas.

But, I agree with the previous poster.. winning... is the #1 factor. Just getting into the playoffs year after year seems to do it for me. I don't need to go all the way.
NovaBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote