Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2023, 10:45 AM   #7751
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It's an arbitration. I dont know the specifics here, but most arbitrations are binding and the way I read it was that CNN had some of the docs, not that they had set it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN Article
My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell has been ordered to shell out $5 million to an expert who debunked his data related to the 2020 election, according to a decision by the arbitration panel obtained by CNN

Okay, I see what you're saying. But I still say it's an extremely poorly worded sentence.
Old 04-20-2023, 12:13 PM   #7752
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The way I read it is that God came down from On High, and declared Mike Lindell a moron.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:33 PM   #7753
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The Mike Lindell stuff is amazing, and should be a cautionary tale for anyone who sides with Trump. Dude was a legit crack addict living in his car. Hit the lotto with this stupid pillow and could have lived out his years selling shitty pillows to octogenarians laughing all the ay to the bank. Instead the dude is either bankrupt or close to it and at some point you have to figure he will face some legal issues.

Literally everything Trump touches dies. How have people not caught on to this?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:59 PM   #7754
whomario
Pro Starter

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lege-students/
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-20-2023 at 01:00 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:09 PM   #7755
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lege-students/

Remove polling places on college campuses, no longer accept college ID as a valid form of identification, remove same day voter registration, and heavy restrictions to mail in voting are all things red states are doing to keep college kids from voting. The GOP has lost Gen Z so rather than try to do something to reach them it's easier to just keep them from away from the polls.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:13 PM   #7756
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The Mike Lindell stuff is amazing, and should be a cautionary tale for anyone who sides with Trump. Dude was a legit crack addict living in his car. Hit the lotto with this stupid pillow and could have lived out his years selling shitty pillows to octogenarians laughing all the ay to the bank. Instead the dude is either bankrupt or close to it and at some point you have to figure he will face some legal issues.

Literally everything Trump touches dies. How have people not caught on to this?

Because every grifter thinks they're better than the next grifter

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 04:01 PM   #7757
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

And the highs are sooooo high. And Lindell is addicted to highs.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:18 PM   #7758
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
DeSantis is toast before even entering the race. The idea that he stands any chance against Trump is laughable. People can compare the two, but Trump at least has charisma and some political sense.

The guy is down 30-40% in polls of GOP voters already. Trump is smashing him for his votes on social security. He's terrified to speak about Trump which makes him look weak. And his big new political plan is to target one of the most popular brands in all of America. Just a complete dumbass.

Turning Florida into Alabama might work with a certain demographic but you aren't going to win in the Pennsylvania suburbs trying to close down Disney.

From what I've read he doesn't listen to advisors and thinks he always knows best and won't course correct because he always has to be right.

I think sitting out while Trump threw a few jabs was good. Let Trump get his cards on the table with how he's going to attack, the names he's going to call you, ect. However, at some point you have to fight back or their base of voters just writes you off as weak.

At this point the only thing that makes sense is DeSantis thinks Trump doesn't make it through the primary so he's hoping to just outlast him. His problem there is he's going so far with culture battles that he's starting to scare of GOP support.
Old 04-20-2023, 07:24 PM   #7759
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Kinda funny story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...wrong-contest/

Basically, the MyPillow guy started a contest to try to say "See, even for $5 million, they couldn't disprove the fact there was election fraud 1One!One!ONE!!!!"

Then, when it came time for people to look at the "Proof". he decided not to "Because then the government would discredit it, despite it's true"

So, the guy proved that what the mypillow guy presented was not evidence of election fraud.

Now, the contract for the "contest" indicated that disputes on whether someone had won the contest would be handled by binding arbitration, and even said "the courts have a very high burden to overturn a binding arbitration award". The guy refused to pay, the arbitrator said "You know what the terms of the contest say, it doesn't matter if you have super duper proof there was election fraud which no one else can see, the contest states that if the applicant can prove that the data that you present is not election fraud related, then they've won the contest and you need to pay them the $5 million"

He can attempt to overturn it, but again, they have a VERY high burden to overturn the arbitrator's award (and no, claiming "That evidence was incomplete. They need to jump through THIS hoop as well" is not going to fly). All they're realistically doing is adding $$$ to what they're going to owe the guy.

edit: "In their 23-page decision, the arbitrators said Zeidman proved that Lindell’s material “unequivocally did not reflect November 2020 election data.” They directed Lindell’s firm to pay Zeidman within 30 days." So, the data he DID present did not only NOT indicate 2020 election fraud, it wasn't even 2020 election data!

Last edited by SirFozzie : 04-20-2023 at 07:31 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:26 PM   #7760
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
From what I've read he doesn't listen to advisors and thinks he always knows best and won't course correct because he always has to be right.

I think sitting out while Trump threw a few jabs was good. Let Trump get his cards on the table with how he's going to attack, the names he's going to call you, ect. However, at some point you have to fight back or their base of voters just writes you off as weak.

At this point the only thing that makes sense is DeSantis thinks Trump doesn't make it through the primary so he's hoping to just outlast him. His problem there is he's going so far with culture battles that he's starting to scare of GOP support.

I heard today a lot of doners are really unhappy with the 6 week ban he just signed off on. They aren't dopes. they understand these bands don't sit well with a significant portion of the population, then throw in his war on Disney and he starts to look pretty unelectable.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:09 PM   #7761
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
edit: "In their 23-page decision, the arbitrators said Zeidman proved that Lindell’s material “unequivocally did not reflect November 2020 election data.” They directed Lindell’s firm to pay Zeidman within 30 days." So, the data he DID present did not only NOT indicate 2020 election fraud, it wasn't even 2020 election data!

Which means all of us idiots could be $5M richer...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-20-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:09 PM   #7762
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I heard today a lot of doners are really unhappy with the 6 week ban he just signed off on. They aren't dopes. they understand these bands don't sit well with a significant portion of the population, then throw in his war on Disney and he starts to look pretty unelectable.

He gives me Ted Cruz vibes. The more the spotlight is on him the more unlikeable he is and the more self absorbed he seems.

Last edited by Atocep : 04-21-2023 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:57 PM   #7763
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

He's toast. There was a window in November when Trump was getting shit on because all his handpicked candidates lost where he could have made his move and rode the momentum. Instead he gave vague speeches about wokeness and decided to go after Disney.

Trump started hammering him and recovered from November. DeSantis poll numbers have cratered.

I would bet he doesn't even both running. Few more weeks of this collapse and it's clear his best bet will be trying again in 2028. Although by then, he might just be Bobby Jindal.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 05:59 PM   #7764
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He's toast. There was a window in November when Trump was getting shit on because all his handpicked candidates lost where he could have made his move and rode the momentum. Instead he gave vague speeches about wokeness and decided to go after Disney.

Trump started hammering him and recovered from November. DeSantis poll numbers have cratered.

I would bet he doesn't even both running. Few more weeks of this collapse and it's clear his best bet will be trying again in 2028. Although by then, he might just be Bobby Jindal.

Just saw a DeSantis ad here in South Carolina. Wasn't technically his ad, but clearly was a DeSantis ad.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 06:13 PM   #7765
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Just saw a DeSantis ad here in South Carolina. Wasn't technically his ad, but clearly was a DeSantis ad.

Yeah, there is still some money behind him, I just don't know for how long. Remember that Fox/Murdoch was going to go all-in on DeSantis and ditch Trump. They've mostly backtracked on that after seeing how things are playing out.

I think the biggest issue for DeSantis is that if he runs, Trump will obliterate him. Just non-stop attacks. We saw what that did to Cruz, Rubio, etc. But I think he'll be even harsher with DeSantis. Tough to recover from that and still be a credible national voice in the party.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:05 PM   #7766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think the strategy is act like he is running, then bow out. Trump then flounders and next cycle DeSantis runs under the strategy of " I should have run last tome, look how it ended up"
Old 04-22-2023, 08:21 AM   #7767
Ksyrup

I saw something about a big donor pulling money from DeSantis and giving $1M to Youngkin.
Old 04-22-2023, 08:44 AM   #7768
Flasch186
Coordinator

The battle against Disney is exactly what the old guard republicans hate while the idiot magas love because you know Disney is where pedophilia starts…

So by picking that fight and doing and tripling down he trades big donor money (except Thiel and musk) for mama and papa and the money tucked in the box under their confederate flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 10:56 AM   #7769
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow

Last edited by Lathum : 04-24-2023 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:05 AM   #7770
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow

This sounds like a firing. Crazy.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:05 AM   #7771
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow indeed, guess his lies wouldn't make enough money for Murdoch now
Old 04-24-2023, 11:09 AM   #7772
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow indeed, guess his lies wouldn't make enough money for Murdoch now

Did the Dominion lawsuit hurt Fox's ratings at all?
Old 04-24-2023, 11:10 AM   #7773
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Maybe he's running for president.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:10 AM   #7774
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Maybe he's running for president.

He's too smart for that, IMO.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:19 AM   #7775
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I guess OAN or some other right-of-Fox network will throw a ton of money at him.

He'll get a ton of money.
They will get instant credibility.

Not sure why Fox is letting the golden goose go right before some major carriage fee negotiations.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:24 AM   #7776
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I guess OAN or some other right-of-Fox network will throw a ton of money at him.

Not sure why Fox is letting the golden goose go right before some major carriage fee negotiations.

Pure speculation on my part.

Either they're suddenly worried about credibility, or they talked to Tucker about toning down the rhetoric now that fox has settled one suit and has another coming and he refused. He knows he can take his show somewhere else. That rhetoric is what makes him relevant in GOP circles and he knows he can cash in with another network.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:40 AM   #7777
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
The battle against Disney is exactly what the old guard republicans hate while the idiot magas love because you know Disney is where pedophilia starts…

So by picking that fight and doing and tripling down he trades big donor money (except Thiel and musk) for mama and papa and the money tucked in the box under their confederate flag.

I think pundits & big GOP donors thought DeSantis would be more like Trump without quite so much baggage, and didn't count on DeSantis himself really wanting to be like Trump, but more effective at being Trump.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:41 AM   #7778
JPhillips
General Manager

There's at least one more lawsuit from Smartmatic, so if he wasn't willing to tone things down I can see the need for getting rid of him.

But it will hurt Fox. A section of the far-right is going to go full bore at them now.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:42 AM   #7779
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lemon fired too.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:45 AM   #7780
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Yup, OAN and Newsmax will spend whatever they can to bring him over - though they can't have nearly the budget that Fox has.

Honestly, kindof shocked at this. It's not like Fox is in the business of admitting they're wrong and I'm pretty sure he's still bringing in the ratings. Maybe he wanted a bigger contract and they didn't think he was worth it and they have other guys on the bench they can replace him with for cheaper and make more profit.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-24-2023 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:55 AM   #7781
JPhillips
General Manager

Both OAN and Newsmax look like college tv stations, though. This is definitely a hit for him, too. Nothing has the reach and money of Fox.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:10 PM   #7782
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

OAN and Newsmax both have Dominion and Smartmatic lawsuits in the hundreds of millions of dollars of possible damage.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:12 PM   #7783
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Did the Dominion lawsuit hurt Fox's ratings at all?

Probably not because they almost never talked about it or put it on their website.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:15 PM   #7784
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think Fox realized he is a liability. I’m also wondering if they think this will help them in their smartmatic case. They can claim they are taking actions to improve their product.

My opinion is they just came to the conclusion he is more trouble than he is worth. I suspect he will either start a hugely successful podcast or sign a Joe Rogan like deal with Spotify.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:20 PM   #7785
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder if advertisers were threatening to pull out of the network.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:29 PM   #7786
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There were also probably some pretty angry and raw and intense meetings over the last few weeks re: Dominion lawsuit.

I wonder if some things were said that just couldn't be unsaid after it was all over.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:33 PM   #7787
miked
College Starter

Well, he was barely named in the lawsuit. It was mostly Hannity and Ingraham. But he was pretty outspoken in his texts about thinking his listeners were all idiots that need to be played to.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:33 PM   #7788
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Could this have been part of the agreement with Dominion?

SI

Old 04-24-2023, 12:38 PM   #7789
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Lemon fired too.

He's past his prime.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:43 PM   #7790
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Best I could find is that Tucker Carlson was paid about $40M per year. Sirius pays Howard Stern about $100M per year. Another potential home?

Also, we're to the point where Tucker Carlson is a much more toxic brand than Howard Stern, right?

SI

Old 04-24-2023, 12:43 PM   #7791
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Well, he was barely named in the lawsuit. It was mostly Hannity and Ingraham. But he was pretty outspoken in his texts about thinking his listeners were all idiots that need to be played to.

Judging from the Twitter reaction he is spot on.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:48 PM   #7792
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Tucker Carlson producer caught in Dominion texts calling Trump election deniers ‘f***** terrorists’ | The Independent

I forgot - this wasn't him, it was one of his producers who texted: “This whole thing is surreal. Like negotiating with terrorists, but especially dumb ones. Cousin f****** types not saudi royalty.”

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-24-2023 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:12 PM   #7793
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Lemon fired too.

Didn't find out until his agent called him after his morning show. he's pissed nobody from management reached out to him to let him know. Maybe he and Tucker can have a podcast now where they reveal the behind the scenes dirt they each have about their networks
Old 04-24-2023, 01:16 PM   #7794
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think the Fox shareholders/board of directors had had enough with a potentialily more damaging money and brand wise against the other voting machine company. We know Murdoch was okay with the lies and disinformation if it brought him more money.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:24 PM   #7795
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Judging from the Twitter reaction he is spot on.

Apparently Fox is just CNN without Tucker. Or at least that's what I'm reading.

Oh, and a Trump/Tucker ticket would make them rethink backing DeSantis.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:47 PM   #7796
Atocep
Coordinator

Wtf is wrong with this guy.

Has anyone else's presidential aspirations died before he announced like this?
Old 04-24-2023, 02:00 PM   #7797
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"I'm not a candidate, so we'll see if and when that changes," Gov. DeSantis, who is in Japan right now, says when asked about polls that show him falling behind Trump. pic.twitter.com/nDVeyBoVHN
— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) April 24, 2023

Wtf is wrong with this guy.

I dunno, if you polled people mid-2007, it was a lock to be Rudy Giuliani vs Hillary Clinton. However, I guess at least both of them made it to the primary before losing

SI

Old 04-24-2023, 02:02 PM   #7798
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Honestly, it seems like it comes down to Trump (seemingly) staying in the race.

I was largely all-in on DeSantis in that two horse race since I believe Trump is the (R)s version of Hilary, a guaranteed loss no matter who the (D) run.

At this point I suspect I'll end up back voting for Trump someday purely for entertainment value (which is how I looked at my first November vote for him)
Old 04-24-2023, 02:08 PM   #7799
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Honestly, it seems like it comes down to Trump (seemingly) staying in the race.

I was largely all-in on DeSantis in that two horse race since I believe Trump is the (R)s version of Hilary, a guaranteed loss no matter who the (D) run.

At this point I suspect I'll end up back voting for Trump someday purely for entertainment value (which is how I looked at my first November vote for him)

I agree with Truml being Hillary at this point. He energizes the dems like no one else.

DeSantis looked strong before the national spotlight went on him. Now he seems corny and shallow as a candidate. One thing republican voters liked about Trump was he seemed like a guy you could have a beer with. DeSantis seems like the annoying guy no one wants to invite out.
Old 04-24-2023, 02:13 PM   #7800
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think the Tucker thing had to be related to the shareholders more than anything else. These 'performers,' at some point, have to be seen as a business liability beyond whatever benefit the bring.

I can't see this as a a good thing for Tucker whatsoever. Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly are still around (and maybe they somehow do make more money now, but I doubt it), but their status is no where near what it was 10-20 years ago.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote