Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2023, 03:45 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EU4? Am I Ready for a 4th Dynasty in a Row?

I don't know! I just ran two back-to-back EU4 Womb to Tomb dynasties from 11 Nov, 1444 - 3 Jan, 1821 with a loss in the middle in South Africa to future hegemon Kilwa after allying them with a win against my master. I did three hard starts, two of which (Theodoro, Mzab) are general consensus hard starts to Great Powers in each long run.

I have done, prior to this, only three Womb to Tomb dynasties, all back in EU2, and they were back to back to back, as I was starting to play the game, and I had been killed by the Turks with a few starts in Wallachia before I did Black Sea Orthodox Trebizond, then Hole Roman Empire Oldenburg, finally the Indies island nation of Mataram, Hindu. I haven't gone Womb to Tomb ever since! Not later EU2 dynasties like Granada, now EU3 or 4 until now!!!

Now what? Am I still in a EU4 place, and if so, what and where and who?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 08:22 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I kinda hate that "I dunno" feeling. I'm (probably) winding up several weeks of intense-by-my-standards HOI4 grinding and it's sorta like "well ... if not this then what?"
Old 04-18-2023, 06:53 AM   #3
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I'd like to see a Euro dynasty... you've been in Africa and Eastern Europe/Mid East for the last couple...
Old 04-18-2023, 08:11 AM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I kinda hate that "I dunno" feeling. I'm (probably) winding up several weeks of intense-by-my-standards HOI4 grinding and it's sorta like "well ... if not this then what?"

Yup! But that's how i was after EU dynasty #1 and #2 of 3.

Old 04-18-2023, 08:14 AM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
I'd like to see a Euro dynasty... you've been in Africa and Eastern Europe/Mid East for the last couple...

Yeah, I have to be organic when I play. I figured when i was Theodoro I'd make it around the Black Sea, east and west and north and grab a bunch of Orthodox lands, but then the Turks punished me hard and i left Turkey and never came back.

Then with Mzab I expected to move north into Iberia and the Mediterranean, but there was always someone pulling me south or west or east, rather than raiding, pirating, looting and grabbing land in Wars.

You gotta be organic.

Old 04-18-2023, 08:30 AM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post

Forgot to respond, sorry! West Europe is a bit boring since I've done it so often- Ireland minor, formed it and captured England and Scotland and Wales; Aragon in Iberia; Granada twice in EU2 and 3, Oldenberg, Lorraine after the Fall of Burgundy to rebuild her which was awesome. I tried Barrois a few times in EU3 and always lost. Southern Italian minor Salerno and formed Italy, Swedish minor Halsingland and captured most of Scandinavia. You know?

But Eastern Europe? I did the Athens challenge and won. I did the Greek islands of Naxos in Eu3 and united the region. i did a Russian minor called Pskov and formed them, i did Trebizond and Theodoro on the Black Sea, but that's it. Not that much.

I've rarely touched Africa. Not in EU2, in EU3 i tired heavy Songhai and conquered the entire continent. Then in EU4 after Kongo became Catholic i took it over and turned it into a Great Power. Then i lost two dynasties ago with South Africa and my first North Africa dynasty was Mzab.

Then in Asia and the Indies I've done Mataram, my favorite, then the challenge of Sukhothai in EU4 in SE Asia, and got out from their vassalage and become an ally of Ming China. Then in EU4 I did a South India minor and united the Indian sub-continent, then I did a Philippines minor and united the Isles and then much of the Indies and SE Asia. Then I did a Siberian minor, Kamchadals, and united Siberia militarily and colonially. I've never repeated a region there.

Then in the Americas I did an Andes minor and turned into the Inca empire and then took much of South America too me. Then in Central America I did a minor and formed the Maya Empire and then conquered the area and colonized it.

Then I had a one of in the Pacific with a minor I created in Micronesia based around a real life empire at it's apex. And that's it. I've never done North America, Australia which is now possible, New Zealand, also now possible, and more.

Old 04-21-2023, 08:32 AM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Earlier this week they released a new expansion, "Dominion" which helps bigger stuff like the Turks, Spain, England, Prussia Japan, China ETC,

But one minor it helps is Korea...am I heading to East Asia?