Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #51
molson
General Manager

PhillesFanxx is under the impression that he was banned for criticizing the Solecismic company's product and now he apparently spends his days scanning the forums for anything else that may be construed as a criticism as which point HE STRIKES! He is a pathetic individual, but can't the mods just block his email or whatever?

molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #52
cuervo72
Head Coach

I can't answer that (DG) - without having to deal with whatever shit is coming coming his way into his e-mail first-hand, I can't really question how he's dealing with it.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 12-03-2012 at 10:31 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #53
spleen1015
Coordinator

As a skilled button pusher in real life, if he gets ignored, he will go away.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #54
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

As far as I know, it wasn't the Philliefan guy, but I really don't know or care. (FWIW, he is banned for good. I have zero interest in having someone around who would maliciously and falsely attempt to hurt the livelihood of another board member.)

No, I suspect the latest round was from someone else. We even got a reported post from a banned user. And no, they don't get to me, but these people are like children; for their own betterment, they need to be reminded that actions have consequences. 'Twas the easiest way I could think of for this particular person to experience consequences since I didn't have time to look up all of his IPs and ban them. I'll open the board up again at some time in the near future. I've also permanently removed the ability for banned/suspended users to report posts. (No idea why that's the default in vBulletin.)

By the way, if you want to get my attention, posting a thread with a title that suggests it's not about football or text sims usually isn't the best way to do it. In case you haven't noticed, I have fairly strong opinions and am not exactly shy about expressing them. Point being, I'm guessing that I reply to 90-99% of the threads that I read, so if I haven't replied to a thread, I probably haven't read it. I usually read PMs and reported posts very quickly, though. It wasn't until Cuerv mentioned it to me yesterday morning that I even knew that people were asking about it. (And yeah, I'm in the category that several have mentioned who rarely/never logs out, so I didn't really consider the possibility that regulars would even care.)
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #55
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Someone tried to hurt the livelihood of another member? That is messed up. Can anyone give a brief synopsis?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #56
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Someone tried to hurt the livelihood of another member? That is messed up. Can anyone give a brief synopsis?

Philliesfan was being a douchebag in Jim's thread abuot his board game. Not even legit criticism, just like...almost personal attacks (I don't recall the exact words). Philliesfan then went over to BoardGameGeeks and proceeded to take the douchebaggyness onto that board after being boxed (or maybe insta-banned) here.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #57
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Lathum, he said stuff over there at a thread meaning to promote the board game attacking Solecismic Software and Jim's character. Probably the worst was along the lines of "I have watched this guy for a long time. Beware. He will take your money and then not send the game to you." Those weren't the *exact* words, but it was dang close to that. He tried to give the impression that he was speaking from experience that Jim would take money and not send the game. At the time he did that, he was merely suspended from here. But in thinking more about it, I decided that that's just not someone I ever want back here again. (I think it's the first time I've ever made a modding decision based on something that happened away from FOFC. )
Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #58
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
(I think it's the first time I've ever made a modding decision based on something that happened away from FOFC. )

Please don't check any of Pumpy's Facebook pics .
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #59
RedKingGold
College Starter

I do get a kick out of people upset that they can't lurk anymore. I lurked for years until I discovered that whole "log me in whenever I visit this site" button that was in the upper-right hand corner.

Is it really THAT big of a deal for a two page thread? (which I'm adding to, but the point still holds!)
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #60
Ned Doolittle
Banned

Problem solved, heading back to the shadows and lurking from a comfortable distance. Someone should post something for my general amusement, start drama for my entertainment. Byeee.
Ned Doolittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #61
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
As far as I know, it wasn't the Philliefan guy, but I really don't know or care. (FWIW, he is banned for good. I have zero interest in having someone around who would maliciously and falsely attempt to hurt the livelihood of another board member.)

No, I suspect the latest round was from someone else. We even got a reported post from a banned user. And no, they don't get to me, but these people are like children; for their own betterment, they need to be reminded that actions have consequences. 'Twas the easiest way I could think of for this particular person to experience consequences since I didn't have time to look up all of his IPs and ban them. I'll open the board up again at some time in the near future. I've also permanently removed the ability for banned/suspended users to report posts. (No idea why that's the default in vBulletin.)

By the way, if you want to get my attention, posting a thread with a title that suggests it's not about football or text sims usually isn't the best way to do it. In case you haven't noticed, I have fairly strong opinions and am not exactly shy about expressing them. Point being, I'm guessing that I reply to 90-99% of the threads that I read, so if I haven't replied to a thread, I probably haven't read it. I usually read PMs and reported posts very quickly, though. It wasn't until Cuerv mentioned it to me yesterday morning that I even knew that people were asking about it. (And yeah, I'm in the category that several have mentioned who rarely/never logs out, so I didn't really consider the possibility that regulars would even care.)

I honestly would love to assist in fucking over the asshats that do shit like this Ben, I know vB inside and out.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #62
JediKooter
Coordinator

I blame Pumpy.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #63
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I do get a kick out of people upset that they can't lurk anymore. I lurked for years until I discovered that whole "log me in whenever I visit this site" button that was in the upper-right hand corner.

Is it really THAT big of a deal for a two page thread? (which I'm adding to, but the point still holds!)

Like I said on page 1 it really isn't a huge deal but at my work the cookies are reset when I turn off my computer so now when I attempt to visit the website I get a login screen and have to login instead of "lurking" and then logging in when I felt like posting. Not a huge deal really but it does answer your question.

As far as not allowing non-members to lurk I guess I would only add that I sometimes will go to a forum to look for a solution to a techincal problem or to read an upcoming Mizzou opponents fans thoughts and it is pretty annoying when I can't get on just to lurk without registering. I guess Jim hasn't released a game in a while but it would cut down on customers and ad views for the site to not allow lurkers.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #64
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Lathum, he said stuff over there at a thread meaning to promote the board game attacking Solecismic Software and Jim's character. Probably the worst was along the lines of "I have watched this guy for a long time. Beware. He will take your money and then not send the game to you." Those weren't the *exact* words, but it was dang close to that. He tried to give the impression that he was speaking from experience that Jim would take money and not send the game. At the time he did that, he was merely suspended from here. But in thinking more about it, I decided that that's just not someone I ever want back here again. (I think it's the first time I've ever made a modding decision based on something that happened away from FOFC. )
[/logging in to make a comment]

That's really messed up. While I am extremely disappointed (words cannot express how much) that Jim decided to go with a board game, I have the utmost of respect (again, words cannot express how much) I have for Jim and what he's done in his professional career. He has given me many hundreds of hours of enjoyment for a very little cost. If I had 1/100th the drive and desire he has, I would've created my own game.

This person is an imbecile, jerk, and all-around douchebag in that he (she?) would falsely denigrate someone else's livelihood. What would happen if we told this person's boss what they did? How would they like that?

Fuck 'em.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #65
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'm also pretty disappointed, but I think trashing and lying is way uncalled for.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #66
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Wow, that is crazy.

I posted a while back looking for info on getting a license for a game I bought but the computers were long gone, and Jim just gave me one saying he knew I was a long time member here and wouldn't try and screw him ( my words, not his)

FYI- Kind of ironic someone named Philliesfan would be a douche (ducks)
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #67
RedKingGold
College Starter

Because if he were named GiantsFan, he'd just go cry in the corner about how unfair life is and FOFC Members who get special treatment.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote