Hall Of Famer

There's a new one on CBS this fall staring Johnnie Lee Miller and Lucy Lui

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #52
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Peep Show is awesome. I've also been recommended The Inbetweeners, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Just started watching it today, its pretty damn good..

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 07-06-2012 at 10:21 PM.
A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #53
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NTSF:SD:SUV has been back a few weeks now for its second season. I'd strongly recommend setting your DVR for it. It's only like 8 minutes long, but usually there are enough laughs in an episode to merit the (small) time commitment. It's on at 1230 in the morning I think during adult swim.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #54
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dave Hester is supposedly in a pretty big bruhaha with the producers of Storage Wars, alleging that the show is fake and that they routinely plant items.

‘Storage Wars’ Star Admits Show is Faked After Being Fired – Is He Right?

Quote:
A&E regularly plants valuable items or memorabilia. By way of example, in one episode a pile of old newspapers announcing the death of Elvis Presley was discovered. In another episode, a BMW mini car was found buried under a pile of trash. When Plaintiff David Hester (“Hester”) complained to producers that A&E’s fraudulent conduct of salting and staging the storage lockers was possible illegal, he was from the Series.

Defendants Original Producers, LCC (“Original”), the producer of the Series, and A&E Television Networks, LLC (“AETN”), the distributor of the Series, would like the public to believe that the Series present a genuine and accurate portrayal of the abandoned storage locker auction process. The truth, however, is that nearly every aspect of the Series in faked, even down the plastic surgery that one of the female cast members underwent in order to create more “sex appeal” for the show, the of which was paid for by Original. Original regularly “salts” the storage lockers that are the subject of the auctions portrayed on the Series with valuable or unusual items to add dramatic effect, even going so far as to stage entire storage units. Original also manipulates the outcome of certain auctions by paying for storage units on behalf of the weaker cast members who lack both the skill and financial wherewithal to place winning bids.

I guess it's like reality show pro wrestling. Most sensible people probably thought it was faked and didn't really care anyways.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 AM   #55
chinaski
College Prospect

Not a traditional network in America, but BBC's Luther is excellent. Just finished the first season and im hooked.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #56
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Dave Hester is supposedly in a pretty big bruhaha with the producers of Storage Wars, alleging that the show is fake and that they routinely plant items.

‘Storage Wars’ Star Admits Show is Faked After Being Fired – Is He Right?

I guess it's like reality show pro wrestling. Most sensible people probably thought it was faked and didn't really care anyways.

It actually ticks me off that it may be fake, though I had suspected as much when they started finding freaking gold mines in some of these units. Though I bet it really pissed people off who started trying to bid on lockers after seeing the show.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #57
RainMaker
General Manager

The show is completely fake. I have a friend who used to do it on the side (along with auctions for closed bars and such) and you never come across that kind of stuff. The lockers also never go for much and most of the storage places cut deals behind the scenes with people to go through and take the best ones in advance. They also overvalue every item they come across (old books for $5 each!).
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #58
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Breaking Bad on AMC
Duck Dynasty on A&E
Workaholics on Comedy Central
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #59
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The show is completely fake. I have a friend who used to do it on the side (along with auctions for closed bars and such) and you never come across that kind of stuff. The lockers also never go for much and most of the storage places cut deals behind the scenes with people to go through and take the best ones in advance. They also overvalue every item they come across (old books for $5 each!).

I like the show but these are spot on. Any semi intelligent person has to know it is fake. There are to many holes, such as how come it only seems like the cast members win auctions, eventhought there are always several other people there. Plus there aren't that many hidden gems out there.

I also always found it silly that they based the "profit" off what the person who found it thought they could sell it for ( the book one was always the silliest to me as well).

I still like it for background noise if I am in the kitchen or playing with my kid, but I'll take Pawn Stars over it any time.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #60
stevew
Hall Of Famer

When the cast members were getting 10k/episode in appearances, its really hard to care about them making a cool "hundred dollar bill" on a few items. I always had some moral issues with the practice of rifling through someone's stuff and monetizing their possessions like jackals. I'd much rather see the story as to how economic conditions had caused a family to be unable to pay for a shed and lose so much. Like did someone move home due to unemployment and then never get a good job again? Ah well.

Last edited by stevew : 12-12-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #61
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Not a traditional network in America, but BBC's Luther is excellent. Just finished the first season and im hooked.

I just finished the first season last week. For some reason, I made it about 15 minutes into the first episode of season two and completely lost interest.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #62
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Workaholics on Comedy Central

Absolutely hilarious show.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #63
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hardcore Pawn > Pawn Stars

I like the yelling and screaming (by the owners as well as the customers).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #64
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
When the cast members were getting 10k/episode in appearances, its really hard to care about them making a cool "hundred dollar bill" on a few items. I always had some moral issues with the practice of rifling through someone's stuff and monetizing their possessions like jackals. I'd much rather see the story as to how economic conditions had caused a family to be unable to pay for a shed and lose so much. Like did someone move home due to unemployment and then never get a good job again? Ah well.

If it makes you feel better, most abandoned units are just filled with shit that the owners didn't want to bother moving and stuck the company with. They are taking out all the valuable stuff before the unit gets padlocked. They don't end up rifling through old coin collections, they end up getting 20 year old couch and some shitty old books.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote