Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The Secret World

Is anyone else playing this MMO? I am enjoying it so far, it takes a very different twist on the whole genre and has some really interesting ideas.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

No, but on another forum some of the posters like it a lot.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I definitely recommend this for anyone who wants a really different turn on the MMO concept, even if it's just to play for 6 weeks or so until Guild Wars 2 comes out - they are doing a lot of different stuff with this game. Very different character building, very different quests, and of course very different setting. If you haven't heard of it, I'd advise giving it a look.

Also, like GW2 it has three faction PVP, and you can only equip 7 active abilities at a time (and also 7 passives.)
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-18-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I would really like to try it out, BUT

Like you said, Guild Wars II is coming out. I already pre-purchased that. I can't talk myself into spending full price for a game, and then $15 after that first month with GWII coming out. Not to mention, I've already spent $150 on Steam over the past 5 days. Not only is that more money than I should spend, but more importantly, that is a shit ton of games that pushes The Secret World even further down the list.

If only this was six months ago. It definitely looks interesting and it is always nice to see an MMO try something new.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-18-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm in the same boat as Scoobz. I've purchased GW2 and can just OOTP it until that comes out.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah I will probably get GW2 but wasn't fully decided, and I love TSW's concept and world setting, so it was a no brainer for me - can always go back and join GW2 at some later time if not at the launch.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Man this game is so twisted - the beginning of this video shows a quest intro you get - up to 2:22 or so, from a semi-crazed author living in a lighthouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L29yYhMeVw
Old 07-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think I would have shot that author guy about a minute into his speech. Very twisted
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
Thomkal
Head Coach

Going Free to Play?

The Secret World may be headed to Free-to-Play - MMOBomb.com
Old 09-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm all for it if it means more people play the game and find out how cool it is. But hopefully it doesn't mean they will cut down the quality of it.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm certainly going to give it a try if it happens. I played in the beta very very briefly and liked it, intrigued by the theme.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well it's not free to play yet, but they are having a sale this weekend only where you can buy the client for half off its normal $50 price. So this is your chance if you've been on the fence

The Secret World

Last edited by Peregrine : 09-28-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
Thomkal
Head Coach

Secret World going F2P? Not quite sure what to make of the video:

The Secret World Going Free To Play This Month? - MMOBomb.com
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #14
Thomkal
Head Coach

And now its been announced it's following the Guild Wars 2 method of F2P. Buy the game and get access to the whole game.

The Secret World drops its subscription for a one-time purchase | News | PC Gamer

:::goes off to find a good price for TSW:::